Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
429
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
950

Swimming In Secret

Summary:

Written for the sga_flashfic 'swimming' challenge

Work Text:

The sea around Atlantis is cold even on the hottest days. Something about Arctic currents and thermoclines and things that only the guys in the oceanography and marine biology labs understand. It's far too cold to go swimming, and even if you didn't mind hypothermia, there's the risk of a wave picking you up and smacking you into one of the piers.

So no one goes swimming. At least not on purpose. A couple of the Marines got dunked when their off-duty sailing project decided to capsize, and Radek Zelenka managed to fall in while he was repairing the grounding station the Genii destroyed. Other than that, everyone stays well away from the water.

Except John Sheppard and Rodney McKay. Because they have a secret. Well... secrets, really.

Behind the desalinisation tank on the west pier, there's a sheltered little pool of warm water. No waves, close to body temperature, and it's used to flush the excess salt out of the system, so it's highly saline, rather like the Dead Sea. Rodney likes to lie there, floating on his back, letting the warmth soak into his bones. John likes to play, marveling at the buoyancy, and swearing at the taste if he gets some in his mouth.

That's usually a cue for Rodney to kiss the salt from John's mouth. They always kiss for a long time, cradled by the water. They like to kiss, and it's not like they're teenagers and need to get off right now. There's no desperate moves, no frantic groping, no fuck-me-you-bastard dirty talk, just two guys kissing until they're hard, and kissing some more until they're really hard, and then a little mutual rubbing until it's over and the water washes them clean.

After, they swim back to the pier, where the water is cooler. There's a danger of falling asleep in the too-warm, too-buoyant water if they stay there, so they do their post-coital touching and talking sitting on the steps. Rodney tells John about what happened in the labs, and John listens and smiles. John tells Rodney about flying down to the southern continent, and Rodney makes sarcastic comments.

They both know that the saline pool won't be theirs forever. Sooner or later someone else will discover it, and it'll be full of off-duty Marines and scientists who shouldn't wear Speedos. Until then though... it's their secret.