Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
369
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
5
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
838

Secure

Summary:

Written for sga_flashfic (Enclosed spaces challenge)

Work Text:

One of John Sheppard's least favourite gene-related activities was releasing idiots, sorry, scientists from the secure labs on the lower levels. Zelenka was the worst offender; he and Rodney would go down there, all geeked out over something, and Rodney would open the doors. Then a couple of hours later Rodney would start getting pissy and remember he needed to eat every four hours, and leave Zelenka in the lab. The lab with a door that only opened if you had the Ancient gene.

At which point Zelenka would remember he'd left an important tool somewhere else, and couldn't get out.

Or in this case, he needed to go to the bathroom, and the rooms on this level didn't have any handy balconies to pee off.

"Sorry," Zelenka said, scuttling off down the corridor.

"No problem," John said, with a scowl. "It's what I'm here for."

"Honestly, I was only gone for ten minutes." Rodney was standing at the other end of the corridor eating a granola bar. "You'd think he could have held it for a bit longer."

John grinned. "Ah, but the last time you left him in one of the secure labs, you got distracted by... what was it again?"

"Strange neutrino flux analysis in the solar flare statistics."

"Right, and you left him locked in there for six hours."

Rodney popped the last of his snack into his mouth and nodded. "Oops."

"Don't talk with your mouth full," John said, as Rodney walked toward him.

Rodney grinned suddenly, sending happy little shivers up John's back. "I have around a dozen lines I could use here, but they all sound pornographic."

"Really?" John knew he had the slightly loopy grin on his face that made him look like he had the IQ of an eggplant. Oddly enough, he didn't seem to care.

Rodney walked past him, into the lab. "The good thing about Radek not being able to get out of these labs is that he can't get back into them either."

Sheppard sent a mental 'lock' to the door as Rodney grabbed his shirt and pulled him inside.