Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
791
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
727

Realisation

Summary:

Teyla thought she knew Sheppard and his people, she thought she could trust them, but clearly she was wrong. Kinda Teyla/Sheppard (what if?)

Work Text:

Realisation
by HollyShannensAngel
Spoilers: Suspicion
POV: Teyla's
A/N: This takes place after Teyla has dragged Ford through the gate, so forget everything after that scene. One shot.

 

I thought I knew Major John Sheppard and his people; I thought I could trust them, but clearly I was wrong. I also believed it to have been in Dr. Weir's best interests and her moral duty to ask questions, as she herself is a leader, but after what happened, I doubt it ever was.

I wasn't even aware of what was going on, until I heard shooting and Ford screaming my name. I then found myself running as fast as I could, until I collided with Ford. He didn't even have time to explain, we were too busy trying to get the to gate. Then came the biggest surprise of all - Lieutenant Ford and myself were left behind! I could not believe it. Why would Major Sheppard leave us behind? It just did not make sense. And yet he did.

When Ford was hit, I didn't even see it, the sound of him falling onto the ground made me spin around. His eyes were closed; I was not even sure whether I could see blood or if I was just imagining it. I ran over to him, I didn't even have a chance to see if he was alive, as I myself was almost hit. I then quickly began dialling in the symbols, as well as my IDC. I then found myself explaining myself to Dr. Weir, which I was not expecting. When the shield lowered, I dragged Ford's body through the gate, petrified that the Wraith would kill me.

To my surprise and shock, guns greeted me. I could not believe it - they really believed me to have been the traitor?

 

I am too nervous to sit, so I find myself pacing around my quarters. The eerie silence and suspicion did not help - in fact; it makes matters worse.

I place my bag on my bed, and close my eyes. Am I doing the right thing? The doors open, which makes me open my eyes.

John enters, his head lowered. "Teyla?"

I glare at him, but say nothing.

"We owe you an apology. I-it wasn't your people it-"

"As I told you all beforehand, my people would never betray your people, let alone give information to the Wraith! And yet you all doubted them and me."

He looks at me with regret. "Teyla, I'm sorry."

"As am I."

John looks at me with confusion. "What's that suppose to mean?"

I look at him and smile weakly. "I-I thought and believed that I could trust you all, but clearly I was wrong. If you trusted me then I would not have been greeted by guns would I?"

"I trust you, Teyla. You've gotta believe me."

"I wish I could, but that does not matter now."

He still looks confused. "Meaning?"

I can not believe that I am going to do this, but as I say it, it is too late. How could I trust those who did not trust my people or me? "I have decided to go to the Mainland," I say as I pick up my bag.

He nods, his lips parted. "Right, when will you be back?"

"I will not be back. I-I decided to...stay with my people."

"Why?"

"If it is alright by you I need to go through the gate."

I see pain and hurt in his eyes, as he whispers, "Fine."

 

As I am about to step through the gate, I look at John - did I imagine it all? Did we really have a connection? I guess I will never know. He smiles at me; but he does not say anything. Maybe we did have a connection after all. I look at him again, is that a tear I see?

 

"I do not understand Teyla, how can you still miss them? After everything that they have put us through?"

I look at Halling. "I cannot say."

"Do you wish to go back?"

I smile weakly. "How can I go back to a place where I am treated like the enemy?"

"That does not answer my question."

"I wish I could, but I cannot."

Halling looks at me for a moment. "You miss John Sheppard?"

I say nothing as a tear rolls down my cheek. "He was the only one who trusted me. He never once treated me like a traitor." As I look at the sky, I find myself wondering if he is thinking about me. If I were to go back, then he would be the only reason.

End