Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
2,438
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,098

Confessions

Summary:

It’s Valentine’s Day a time for confessing all and near death. Elizabeth/Teyla Aiden/Rodney.

Work Text:

Confessions
by HollyShannensAngel
Challenge: The following words had to be put into the fic: bicycle and Unicorn. I kinda forgot the third word, but it was a type of watermelon. I got 2 out of 3...hopefully they fit in.

 

"Ford!"

Rodney screamed, as he helplessly, witnessed, in slow motion Aiden fall to ground.

Rodney stood in shock, unable to move or do anything. It hadn't quite processed, he was half hoping for the Lieutenant to jump up and say that he wasn't shot, but he knew that the reality was anything but that.

"McKay!" John screamed, rather angrily.

Carson runs over to the fallen body, feeling for a pulse.

John glared at him. "What the hell were you thinking McKay!"

"I-I-I-wasn't."

Rodney's eyes shoot open, he looks around and realises that he's in Atlantis, in the hospital. His eyes travel to the young Lieutenant, lying in the hospital bed. The bleeping of the monitor is the only thing that can be heard.

I should have done something, why didn't I do anything?

Taking Aiden's hand into his own, he mutters, "I'm sorry." Before, quietly breaking down.

(Early morning)

"On your bike lad, you'll be fine."

"You've got to be kidding me! I was hit!" Marc snaps.

Carson grins. "No need to give yourself a cardiac arrest lad. Not over a wee scratch."

Marc glares at the Scottish doctor. "Fine!" He snaps, hopping off the bed. "But if I die, mark my words I'll come back and haunt you."

Carson watches as the young Canadian Lieutenant stalks out. "The young always take things far too seriously."

Elizabeth's office

A rather large yawn, escapes from Elizabeth. Recently, she finds herself more tried than usual. Although most of it's due to Teyla, not that she's complaining, far from it. Truth be told, being with Teyla is one of the things, which has not only kept Elizabeth sane, but has given her the strength to continue with life. Elizabeth knows that her life is with Teyla and with Teyla only.

Would she give her up own life to save Teyla? Yes, she would. She'd never imagine that she'd be willing to give up her own life to save her lover's, not even for Simon's, and yet here she is prepared to do just that for Teyla.

Elizabeth's eyes begin to feel heavy; her head lowers onto her desk, as she closes her eyes.

The door opens, Teyla smiles to herself at the sight in front of her. She places the coffee on the desk. She did an all nighter.

She had an idea of what she was going to do, she was going to show Elizabeth a part of her life that no-one else will ever get to see. But would Elizabeth even like the idea? Teyla lets out a small sigh. At least now she knew where Elizabeth was. She shakes her head at her mistake of not looking in her office first.

Teyla already knew the moral behind Valentine's Day; in fact her people celebrate a custom similar to this. They however, do not need to show their affection with gifts, and Elizabeth knows this, she even told Teyla that she doesn't expect anything from her.

Elizabeth's always believed Valentine's Day to be far too commercial and that if people want to show their feelings they ought to do it there and then, and not wait for a certain day.

Teyla has always been a believer in true love, ever since she was a child. Although, her mother died months after Teyla's birth, her father always made her aware of how precious life is, and how great the gift of love is.

"Love only comes once in your life Teyla do not forget that."

Even though her parents had married at a young age, through their beliefs, it never once stopped the young Athosian from believing, even now.

"Beth?"

No reply.

"Elizabeth?"

Again no reply.

Teyla slyly smiles. She knows how much Elizabeth hates being called Liz or even Lizzie, she'd told her that after a month of dating. Teyla found it somewhat of an honour.
And yet desperate times call for desperate measures do they not?

Flashback

"Don't even think about calling me Liz or Lizzie. I hate those pet names. My parents and grandparents used to call me that when I was a child. Plus you know the whole frizzy Lizzie thing at school..."

Elizabeth looked at Teyla, who looked like she was about to burst into fits of laugher at any given moment.

"I'm serious Teyla. People can call me any name under the sun-"

"As long as it is not Liz or Lizzie?"

"Yeah...and that includes you."

"I can see why and believe it or not, Elizabeth your name is rather sophisticated would you not agree?"

Elizabeth was always one to take things slow, but with Teyla, she found herself already at the next level.

She grins at Teyla in reply and leans forward, slowly and gently, kissing her. She'd always believed that kisses were meant to start slow, and then slowly build. After all you want to experience the kiss and not diving in headfirst. After a few moments, she allowed Teyla's tongue to enter her mouth, at first that too was slow, and then both began to fight for control.

End of flashback

Teyla felt herself shiver at the memory.

"Liz?"

And as if on queue her eyes shoot open. "You know how much I hate that name." She mutters.

Teyla looks at her sheepishly. "Well, I saw no other way, you were not waking up. And before you ask it is four in the morning."

Her eyes flicker up to Teyla, who is dressed in those tight leather pants with the black-lanced top. "And you're already ready? You're eager."

"And you could do with some rest."

"Really?"

Teyla noted the mockery in her tone. "Yes...Liz." She grins. "That could not be helped."

"I bet it couldn't."

Teyla takes Elizabeth's hands into her own. "You really ought to get some rest."

"I'm not tried."

"Well, I am still going to take you to your room."

A sly smile forms on Elizabeth's lips, as she stands up, entwining her hands even more with Teyla's. "Your room's near."

"Indeed it is." She replies.

(Time-lapse)

"Rodney?"

Rodney's eyes shoot open, at the faint voice. "Aiden?"

He grins, like a kid in a candy shop. "Yea, it's me...last time I looked anyway."

Rodney grins. "So what's this thing about unicorns?"

Aiden blushes. "Who told you? Was it Sheppard?"

My God he is so cute. Rodney shakes his head.

"This is going to sound crazy, but when I was six, I swear I saw one."

"Like an Ally McBeal moment?"

He blushes, even more. "Something like that."

"Well when I was five, I saw Santa Claus, well at least I thought it was him. It turned out to be my dad. That's when I realised that there was no such thing as Santa."

Aiden lets out a small chuckle, before becoming all-serious. "Have you been here all night?"

"Someone had to be right?" He jokes.

He'll never feel the same way. How could he? How anyone?

"This is going to sound stupid but-"

"I'm okay, y'know. Still I'll never get use to it."

"At least you're not feeling numb...right?"

Aiden smiles. "Yeah."

Rodney couldn't think of anything else to say. Tell him the truth! Yeah, because he's really going to find me attractive! It's official I've lost it. I'm auguring with myself.

"I'm so sorry."

"Why? I mean it's not like you shot me."

Rodney lowers his head, in shame. "No, but I might as well have."

"D-don't say that."

He didn't even notice his hand in the young Lieutenant's.

"Aiden I didn't do anything..." slowly he raises his head. "I-I-I didn't do anything and I should have."

"And got yourself killed in the process?"

"Yes! If it meant you being alive!" The words came rushing out of his mouth.

"I'm touched."

"Yeah...well...I-I-" he suddenly found himself fumbling over his own words. "I-I've gotta go."

Aiden looks at him with disappointment. "I bore you that much huh?"

"No, don't be stupid-"

"Oh! So I'm stupid now?"

"No-what I meant was-"

"Rodney? Relax, I'm just messing."

Tell him. You'd feel so much better. What if...no not what if...he won't feel the same.

He smiles weakly. "I'll see you in a few hours."

Aiden watches as Rodney begins to walk off.

"Wait!"

Slowly and unsurely Rodney makes his back towards Aiden.

"You can come closer, I'm not going to bite."

"I know that." Rodney mutters, as he walked up to the bed.

Aiden begins to push himself upwards, alarming Rodney. "What do you think you're doing?"

"A little help?"

Using his upper body strength, Rodney pulls him up, now face-to-face. Rodney could hear his heart beating out of control. His throat now appears to be dry.

And yet, before he could even think of moving he found his lips covered with Aiden's.

After a moment, he pulls away and looks at Rodney with uncertainly. "Happy Valentines?"

Rodney grins, before closing the curtain and smiling rather slyly at Aiden. "It is now."

Aiden lets out a small chuckle before saying. "Do you think they have any unicorns in this galaxy?"

Mainland

Elizabeth watches as the youngest of the Athosian's dance with each, but she couldn't stop herself from watching Teyla dance with one of the boy's, who looked like all of his birthdays had come at once.

The flickering of the fire makes Teyla even more stunning. Elizabeth began to rub her arms. The wind was rather fierce and yet it didn't seem to bother the Athosian's.

For a moment she looks up at the sky, darkness and a few tinkles of stars. And wonders whether or not they had even explored some of those stars.

They may be dancing, but still these types of rituals continue to amaze her. This was the third time she had been fascinated by a ritual; the other two times were when she went to India and Africa. She'd never seen people dance like that. Apart of her wishes to have joined in, to have taken part in their dancing and ritual, but she didn't because she'd felt out of place and embarrassed at the thought of everyone looking at her.

This certainly felt like the right time and place. She rose from the ground and walked towards Teyla. "Teyla? Teyla?"

Elizabeth felt herself shiver at the sound of Teyla's laugh.

She turns her head, looks at Elizabeth and grins. "Beth. Come and join us."

"I-I need to talk to you."

Teyla stops and looks at the young boy. "Auno, I believe there is a certain someone who very much wants to dance with you." She points to a young girl sit by herself.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

With that the boy runs off.

"Teyla...whoa, what'd think you're doing? I don't dance."

"I will teach you."

"Oh, I think not."

Teyla pulls her closer. "Do you not trust me?"

"No. Its just I-I can't dance."

"Rituals are for everyone."

"I-I know...its just I need to tell you something."

"Would you prefer me to dance like your people do?"

I can't take this. "I love you."

Ironically, everything had stopped. The dancing, the music and the laugher, everything had died down.

Teyla looks at her in surprise. "W-what did you say?"

"I-I-I love you?"

That came out more as a question then a statement. Elizabeth thought to herself. "I love you Teyla."

Teyla flashes her that smile, which is only meant for her. "I am glad to hear it." She leans into Elizabeth. "Because I love you too, and I cannot imagine my life without you." Teyla laughs. " I know, I know that sounds very clichéd and corny."

"I don't care." Elizabeth mutters. "Thank you Teyla for this. This truly will be one Valentine Day that I won't forget."

She smiles. "Neither will I."

"And your...Valentine...gift well that's back at Atlantis."

Teyla's eyebrows rise, as curiosity washes over her facial expressions.

"I hope you will continue to enjoy the rest our culture Doctor Weir." Halling says, before dancing with Jinto.

"I wouldn't mind you teaching me your ways Teyla."

"And may I ask which ways you are interested in?"

Elizabeth lets out a small devious grin. "Oh, I think you know."

"Well we do have until the early hours of the morning."

"And after?"

Teyla smiles deviously. "That would be up to you."

END