Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-05-02
Words:
148,176
Chapters:
110/110
Kudos:
35
Hits:
33,136

Follow Through

Summary:

Disclaimer: this is a fanfic about General Hospital
Distribution: Take it, but let me know. If you have any of my other fics, go ahead.
Comments: please send me all you comments. Please Oh and Liz and Zander’s son is named Steven Cameron Smith. Oh and I want to thank Demetra for her constant feedback it helps so much.
(Follow Through by: Gavin DeGraw)
This is future fic that focus mainly on LiRic and ZanderMaxie raising Liz and Zander's kid. It also focus a lot on their kid as a teen and other PC couples kids as teens.
General Hospital
Rating FRT-13

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Follow Through
by Christen
(unknown_70809@yahoo.com) if you want to email me during the week email me at (cha005@latech.edu)

 

(Follow Through by: Gavin DeGraw)

"Oh, this is the start of something good
Don't you agree?
I haven't felt like this in so many moons
You know what I mean?
And we can build through this destruction
As we are standing on our feet"

"Steven! Steven! Where are you hiding?" Ric asked as he looked for his step-son. He heard some laughing coming from under the kitchen table. "Elizabeth I think we lost Steven! Maybe we need to start looking for another son." Ric screamed to his wife jokingly as he came closer to the kitchen table.

"That's ok, Ric. I think he's easily replaceable." Liz screamed back also joking.

"Well then I guess you're going to need to call and order another son."

"Ok I'm doing that now." Liz said as she picked up the phone.

"Wait. Uncle Ric, I'm here." Steven said coming out from under the table.

"Wait Elizabeth cancel the order I found Steven." Ric said as he got his step-son out from under the table.

"Good because if we don't leave now he's going to be late for his first day of school this year." Liz said coming into the kitchen carrying Steven's book sake and obviously pregnant.

"I'm not going to school!" Steven said.

"Let me guess you've been talking to your father." Ric said sarcastically.

"No, he wants me to go to school and so does Aunt Maxie."

"Then why don't you want to go?" Liz asked.

"Morgan said Uncle Sonny told him he doesn't have to school."

"Of course leave it to my brother to say something like that." Ric said sarcastically.

"Wait Morgan does go to school." Liz said confused.

"But his dad doesn't make him go."

"Well then we won't either. But then again if you don't go to school then you'll have to do something else." Ric said.

"Watch TV all day?"

"No, you'll have to get a job. Now let's see what can you do?"

"He's not serious is he?" Steven asked his mom.

"I'm very serious actually well you can clean you room. So maybe you can clean rooms for a living. How does that sound?"

"Not fun."

"Well it's either that or school. I mean it buddy, you got to choose."

"Um... I guess school."

"Ok now see we're not making your got school just like Uncle Sonny."

"Yeah well now I see why Morgan choose school too."

"Now we've got to go. So why don't you go get your jacket?" Liz said.

"Ok." Steven said running off to his room.

"He's never speaking to my brother ever again." Ric said once Steven was out of earshot.

Liz laughed. "I'll second that. Let's just hope we don't have to go through this will Little Adella." Liz said putting her hands on her stomach.

"Yeah well Little Adella Audrey will have my DNA not Zander's so this won't be a problem."

"Dream on. Because if our little girl is like her daddy she will cause us many more headaches."

"Well if she's like her mother she'll be a little drama queen."

"Hey!" Liz said shocked.

"Ok come on you know I love you even though your a drama queen."

"And I love you even when you go all psycho."

"Ok you two stop it or we'll never leave." Steven said as he came back down.

"You sure about this?" Emily asked Liz as she helped her pack.

"Em we can't stay here. Not with so many people against us."

"But..."

"Em, I don't want to raise my child around people who are going to be telling it that his stepfather is a psycho and it's mommy shouldn't be with him."

"Even if it's the truth?"

"But it's not and I have trouble hearing all of this and I can only imagine how that would sound to a kid."

"But Colorado?"

"Ric and I can both get a job out there and Zander can move out there too or nearby."

"Zander's going too?"

"Yeah when he gets all these charges cleared and he's apparently even convinced Maxie to look at colleges out there."

"And you think you're all just going to be one big happy family?"

"Well we have to be happier than we are here with everyone constantly trying to pull apart."

"What about Audrey?"

"She understands why we have to leave."

"And what about the four musketeers?"

"If any of you want to start supporting Ric and me then call but until then I don't really feel like being part of a group of people who treat my husband horribly and me like an a idiot for loving him."

"We don't..."

"It's too late to start lying now Em."

"Fine and Ric's ok with leaving Sonny and his revenge behind?"

"Well it seems that way actually he's talking to Sonny now."

"Ric, what do you want?" Sonny asked annoyed as he come into his living room where Ric was.

"Don't get mad. I just want to talk."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Fine don't. I just thought you should know that Liz and I are leaving. We're moving to Colorado."

"Great! So leave."

"Not so fast. I want to tell you something first."

"What that you'll always try to get revenge against me no matter where you?"

"No I'm giving up on that."

"Really why?"

"For my child. I want it to be possible that if they ever want to find out about their family that you'll let them."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want my child to think that they've got no family outside of Liz's and I."

"So what do you want me to is just talk to the kid?"

"It the kid decides it wants to. I went about looking for my family the wrong way. I did it for revenge and I don't want my child to make the same mistake."

"You'd actually want your child to know me? I thought you hated me."

"Well your going to be this kid's uncle and that won't ever change. And I'll make a point of not doing what my father did and making me hate you."

"There you go blaming someone else again."

"Sonny I know there is no excuse for what I've done and I'm not even asking for forgiveness not that you'd give it to me any way. I just want to make sure that you're open to the idea of my child having the option of having you as family too. So what do you say?"

"So how much longer do you have to go?" Maxie asked Liz as they worked on dinner while the guys played ball.

"Only about a month."

"Well I know Cameron can't wait to be big brother."

"Well I'm not sure we need to have two kids in the house."

"Well in this house when Cameron's over they're already two kids."

Liz laughed. "I can see that. So have you two talked about having kids?"

Maxie almost dropped the knife she was using. "No I..."

"Calm down. I mean I assume you're waiting for when you're through with school first."

"Yeah plus my parents already have a problem with me living with Zander and if I told them we were thinking of having kids, my dad would shoot him."

Liz laughed. "I bet we'll let me say this. You're a great step mother to my son and I can only imagine how great of a mother you'd be to your own child."

"Actually don't tell Zander but when I'm with Cameron I can't help but think a lot about having my own child."

"That's normal you know?"

"Well still I mean I don't think Zander's in any hurry to have any more kids and I'm still young. So I figure we have some time."

"That's what I said before I got pregnant the first time."

"I so didn't need to hear that."

Liz laughed. "I bet and don't worry this will stay between the two of us. I won't tell Zander."

"Won't tell me what?" Zander asked as he came in followed by Cameron and Ric.

"Nothing just girl talk. Now let's eat." Liz said as she brought some food to the table.

"Max, what's really going on?" Zander asked her.

"Just eat and stop worrying." Maxie said as she brought the salad to the table.

 

TBC