Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
647
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,081

Interlude

Summary:

Fandom: House
Pairing: House/Wilson [Greg/James]
Rating: FRT
Spoilers: Minor ones for "Poison".
Summary: Greg, James, a twirling cane, and some light conversation.
Dis: Not mine. Made it up.
Author's Notes: This is a mid-ep missing scene from "Posion". Takes place right before the scene where Greg and James discuss James's laundry. Thanks to silverjewel7 for finding the transcript.

Work Text:

Interlude
by Perpetual Motion

 

"Did you enjoy your little performance?"

James paused with one foot in Greg's office and his hand on the door. "The nurses enjoyed it."

"Nurses have notoriously bad taste in poetry," Greg gave James a sidelong glance, "and doctors."

James shut the door and leaned against it. "For the night time, it was a *lunch*."

"Some would call it a nooner."

"At least she has teeth."

Greg smirked. "Jealous?"

"Of what?"

"She hasn't' told you that you have bedroom eyes."

James chuckled. "Well, I save mine for special occasions."

"Like nooners with nurses?"

"Or nooners with doctors." James glanced at his watch. "It's ten past, now>"

"Guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow.'

"Or I could track down Chase."

Greg pointed his cane at James. "I *knew* you thought he was pretty."

"That's because he is pretty."

"Prettier than me?"

"James shook his head. "You're impossible."

"It was just a question." Greg put on his wounded face. "You *do* think he's prettier than me."

"Prettier, yes. More interesting, no."

"The bad boy cripple thing makes you hot?"

James let a smile slide across his face as he walked over to Greg's yellow chair and settled himself in such a way that Greg could get a good view of him from his desk. "It's not so much the bad boy or the cripple part."

"Oh?" Greg leaned back in his chair and put his feet up. He twirled his cane between his fingers. "What is it, then?"

James watched Greg's fingers move over his cane. "I've always appreciated dexterity. It makes things interesting."

"Really?" Greg put a little flourish into his twirling and gave James a grin that was all teeth. It was a predator's grin. "Anything else?"

"You want the whole list?"

"We've got time."

James glanced out at the hallway for any sign of Foreman, Chase, or Cameron. "How long do we have until one of your groupies comes barreling in with news?"

"I have no idea."

"Then maybe we shouldn't tempt fate by going into the list of things that make me horny."

Greg pulled a face. "You're no fun at all."

"Not right now, I'm not." James licked his lips and grinned when Greg shifted slightly in his chair. "So, to change the subject-"

"Spoilsport."

James ignored the comment. "Let's talk about something completely mundane."

"Let's talk about the fact that these kids are getting poisoned by their clothes."

"I don't think that actually fits under 'mundane' so much as 'work-related', but it'll work."

Greg rolled his eyes and kept twirling his cane. "Gee, thanks for the permission."

"You're welcome." James grinned again, then turned thoughtful. "They're both in brand new clothes?"

"Yeah."

"Huh." James furrowed his brow in thought. "I never bother to wash new clothes before I wear them."

Greg scoffed lightly. "Right. Your wife does. She wants you to feel nice and comfortable."

James held his hands up in defense. "Hey! I'm a man. I don't have time for laundry, I'm saving lives here. No, she doesn't wash them either."

"So your skin absorbs a little dye, the odd chemical here and there...." Greg kept twirling his cane.

James gave Greg a half-smile. "Well, you know me. Always living on the edge." He was about to get a jab in about Greg and his lack of an iron when Foreman and Chase barreled into the office. James noted, a little wistfully, that Greg stopped twirling his cane when they walked in. He made a mental note to let Greg know just what it did for him before rejoining the conversation to make a crack about the CDC and Godot that he knew only Greg would fully get.

 

end