Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
830
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,002

Intentions

Summary:

Fandom: Numb3rs
Pairing: Charlie/Larry
Rating: FRT
Spoilers: Very minor for "Prime Suspect".
Summary: Larry invited Charlie to live with him, but in what way?
Dis: Not mine. CBS's. I just borrow and gay it up.
Author's Notes: For hobbit_feet, who says that Larry/Charlie is her Numb3rs OTP. Enjoy, dear.

Work Text:

Intentions
by Perpetual Motion

 

"You bought your house?"

"Yeah."

"That's impressive, Charles." Larry nodded to himself a few times and watched Charlie rearrange his bookshelves. "Are you sure you don't need help with that?"

"I've got it." Charlie unloaded an armful of books onto his desk. He looked at Larry, shook his head, and turned back towards his bookshelf.

"What was that look for?" Larry grabbed the top book from Charlie's stack as it started to slide. He split the stack in half and put the top half on the floor next to Charlie's desk.

Charlie stopped rearranging and turned around to look at Larry. "Remember a few days ago when you mentioned all that space you had in your house?"

"My house?" Larry's brow furrowed in thought. He looked lost for a moment. "Oh, yes, my house. The 800 square feet, right?"

"Right." Charlie had to stop himself from shaking his head at Larry's memory. The man was a genius, but he had the worst memory Charlie had ever experienced. "When you mentioned it, were you just being nice?"

"No, I was offering you space that I thought you could use. I know how you like to hoard things." Larry tapped his fingers on top of a stack of out-of-date math texts as if to illustrate his point.

"So," Charlie hesitated in asking the question, "you weren't asking me to move in?"

"Well, I was, in a-" Larry cut off and looked surprised. "Oh, I see where you're going."

"Yeah." Charlie wiped dust off of his face with his sleeve and cocked his head at Larry. "So, was it an invitation as my friend or as..." he gestured between himself and Larry and let the unfinished sentence lie.

"You know," Larry pressed his lips together for a moment and shook his head slowly. "I don't even know." He scratched the back of his head. "That is an interesting question. I *think* I invited you as a friend, but maybe I didn't. I'm not sure, now."

"Well, I…" Charlie trailed off again and just looked at Larry for a few seconds. He reached out and slid his hand through Larry's hair. "If you meant it the other way, I'm sorry I didn't pick up on it. I'm not great at subtext."

Larry smiled and slid his hand up and down Charlie's arm. "That's okay. I'm still not sure what my intentions were when I asked." He shook his head again and jumped a little in surprise when Charlie leaned in and kissed him. "We're in your office, Charles."

"So?" Charlie pressed against Larry a little until the other man gave up ground and allowed himself to be pinned against the wall next to the half-empty bookcase. "It's late. No one's around."

"Anyone could wander-" Larry was cut off when Charlie kissed him again. He pulled away and tried again. "Don't you have a meeting with Amita in a few minutes?"

"She's running late." Charlie kissed Larry again. "Fifteen minutes late, according to her, but whenever she says that, she always shows up twenty minutes late."

Larry tilted his head back to see Charlie better and gasped when he was kissed on the side of the neck. "You're sure?"

"She's been late four times. Each time she says she'll meet me here fifteen minutes after our scheduled meeting time. Every time she's said that, she's been at *least* twenty minutes late."

"Well," Larry let Charlie kiss him again. "As long as you're certain."

"I am." Charlie slid a hand down Larry's chest and paused at the top of his waistband. "Yes or no?"

"Not in your office. Your reputation would be shattered."

"It'd be worth it." Charlie's voice was low and warm.

Larry shivered a little and decided that escape was the best plan. He put a hand on Charlie's chest and pushed. "Which means it's probably best to stop now." Charlie made a disappointed noise, but Larry shook his head emphatically. "We're done for now, Charles."

"Are you sure?" Charlie tried to get in one last kiss, but Larry evaded him.

"You know," Larry straightened his shirt and took a deep breath to try and slow his heart rate. "Perhaps it's a good thing you decided to stay at your house."

"Why's that?" Charlie straightened his own shirt and reached out to run a hand over the curve of Larry's shoulder.

"I think we could get into a little too much trouble in 800 square feet." Larry took cheap pleasure in watching Charlie flush. "Especially since I think I invited you to stay purely for the sexual pleasure." He smiled. "I'll see you later, Charles."

Charlie let out a shaky breath. "Yeah, you will."