Actions

Work Header

Home is Where the Heart is (Finding Home 5)

Summary:

30th Anniversary of Voyagers orignal Voyage. Disclaimer: I don't own them if I did this is probably what they would have turned out like. Sequel Alert: Continuation of "Are we Home Yet"�, "We'll be Home Soon"�, "We've Come Home"� and "It's Good to be Home."

Work Text:

Time Line For The Finding Home Series
2347 Seven born as Annika Hansen
2371 Voyagers First Mission
2372 Naomi Born
2378 Voyager Returns Home/ Miral Torres-Paris born
2382 B'Elanna and Seven get married
2383 Katie Torres born
2385 Charles Torres born/ Annika Kim-Paris born
2387 Nikki Torres born
2390 Mezoti (Misty) Torres born/ Voyager Recommissioned

The Math Done for you
B'Elanna and Seven are in there fifties to be exact Seven, who's was the only birth date I could find, is 54.
Naomi is 29 but looks for the purposes of this fiction like she about 34, so she stopped ageing quickly after the first few years.
Miral is 23
Katie is 18
Charles is 16
Nikki is 14
Mezoti is 11


Home is Where the Heart is

 

2401: Aboard the USS Voyager Memorial Museum

Thirty years had gone by since the Voyager's first days in the Delta Quadrant and once again there was a party in the mess hall. The banner read Happy 30th Anniversary and they were all there. Kathryn and Owen, Richard and Colleen, Neelix and Samantha, B'Elanna and Seven, and Tom and Harry all dancing slowly beside each other to the perfect song, at least it was in the eyes of Tom Paris. Twenty-three year old Lt. Miral Torres-Paris had chosen the song as their theme, a twentieth century song in fact, something that Tom was extremely proud of.

Your Still the One played on, as the couples all danced happily together with their children and grandchildren looking on. Thirty years had gone by since the very event that truly brought each couple together. A new life was born to each of them in the Delta Quadrant one that was filled with happiness and sorrow but most importantly filled with life and a unique future. They could see that future now that it existed in their children who were grown and their grandchildren who ran wild around them causing them to laugh at the antics of youth.

Commander Naomi Wildman who had been allowed to join Starfleet Academy when they returned from the Delta quadrant, watched from a seat at the quiet side of the room as her friends and family enjoyed their night and happily wrapped her arm around her lovely wife. Miral looked up lovingly at her before they both looked down on the beautiful baby girl that was lying in Miral's arms. The three week old, with soft rounded rigs that came to well defined spikes in the middle of her little forehead, stirred in her sleep before settling back down once again into a deeper sleep and both women smiled.

 

B'Elanna looked from her lovely wife's eyes to look over at her eldest and her family in complete joy. "Aren't they beautiful Seven?"

Seven smiled and turned her head slightly to see the site that beheld her spouse, "They are. They remind me of our the day Katie was born and their child could be no more beautiful if she were your own."

B'Elanna blushed slightly and smiled up at her slightly taller wife before she pulled her closer and swept her across the dance floor.

 

Colleen sighed as the fast song finished and caught her breath, whispering in Richard's ear, "shall we get a glass of punch?"

Richard smiled and stepped back from her to take her hand, "Lets." Walking to the refreshment table where Neelix stood with Samantha, Richard was taken by a moment of memory images flashed through his mind. Seven and B'Elanna's wedding; the birth of his first born a beautiful little girl they named Hope, who was now almost 14; the moment when while giving birth Harry grabbed Tom and allowed the man to share in his pain. Richard laughed quietly.

Colleen smiled up at him with a twitch of her brow, "What is it?" she asked in amusement.

"Oh I was just remembering the birth of Harry's daughter..."

Colleen laughed and smiled brightly. "I always loved that story."

"Yes and he so love to tell it too." Tom's voice broke in to their conversation dripping with sarcasm. "So doctors, enjoying the party I hope."

Richard smiled coyly, "We always to." With that Colleen placed a hand on her chest and laughed whole-heartedly.

"Tom its good to see you again and how is Annika?" Colleen asked.

"Annika's going to graduate top of her class at the Academy next week, were incredibly proud. Of courts Seven's been trying to take the credit for that, claming that some of her DNA must have been left in the egg." Tom laughed shaking his head. "Can't trust a word out of that woman's mouth now that she's learned to joke."

Harry joined them in the line at the refreshment table, "what's taking so long Tom?"

Tom laughed, "Oh you know Neelix he's got to spend at least an hour talking to each person in line. We'll get there eventually... Maybe."

A few moments later they finally reached Neelix who was standing beside the punch bowl smiling cheerfully and holding Samantha close. "And how have you been lately Doctors, Tom Harry?"

They all smiled at Neelix and Samantha and talked of old times happily while the music continued playing fast numbers and their children and the more energetic people danced with wild abandon.

 

When the fast songs finally slowed, after fifteen to twenty minutes, all the couples returned to the floor enjoying the night while it lasted.

Kathryn turned in Owen's arms as he spun her into an embrace, swaying her back against her husband, and she looked over the people she loved who she had come to love as she would her own children. She in fact often thought of them that way, her children. Wild and crazy as they were they couldn't have been more perfect for her and they each looked perfect and happy now dancing with their husbands and wives as if the end would never come.

Kathryn hoped it never did, she wanted to live to see her grandchildren's grandchildren and to dance at every wedding to come.

Owen smiled happily at his wife's look of whimsy, "And what are you thinking my dear?"

Kathryn smiled up at Owen's sparkling eyes in delight, "That I hope to celebrate our Hundredth anniversary right here in your arms surrounded by the people that I love."

Owen simply nodded his head with a small smile, "I pray for the same my love, every day of my life."

...And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Series this work belongs to: