Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
509
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,694

Happy New Year My Love

Summary:

Iolaus'First New Years after returning from the lIght.

Work Text:

What a year it has been, Herc can not believe that it has only been a year since Iolaus and he traveled to Samaria. So much has changed in their lives. Herc has planed a party for the start of the new year at Iphicles' palace with all of their friends, so many of them have not seen Iolaus since he has returned that he thought this was the perfect
way to celebrate that and see old friends.

"Iolaus are you ready to go yet? We need to get moving if we are going to make it in time to rest before the party".

"Herc I really would like to stay home tonight" Iolaus answers.

"Iolaus are you all right? You have been quite for a few days now and
that is just not like you."

"To tell you the truth have been doing a lot of thinking the last few days about all that has happened the last year. Can we please just stay here and spend a quite evening together?" Iolaus asks walking over to the fireplace.

Herc watches Iolaus for a few moments then says "Sure, just let me get a message to Jason before he leaves and he can let Iph know that we are not coming so they wont worry"

As Hercules leaves for Jason's Iolaus brings in some firewood and starts dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night.

"Herc come, sit here by the fire and hold me" Iolaus asks

"Iolaus talk to me, what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong; I just want to be close to you. Do you know that ever since I returned we have been on the go? It's either catching up with old friends or fighting off some monster or evil. I just want to be alone with you." Iolaus move closer to Herc and leans in and give him a soft kiss on the lips. "Lets just sit here and hold each other, I missed that the most I think, just holding you"

Herc pulls Iolaus close as he lays back against the cushions "I missed this to, You feel so good in my arms"

Iolaus cuddles in close, placing his head in the crook of Herc's
shoulder. "I was watching you while I was gone you know, I am glad that you had JIolaus to keep you company and that you could talk to him like you did me. I know how you like to retreat into yourself if you don't have someone to worry about." Iolaus turns his head "I am also glad that you helped him find his true self"

"He wasn't you but if you couldn't be here he was close and he is a really great person. No matter what the Sovereign did to him, He kept his joy of life just like you." Herc leans down and lightly starts to kiss Iolaus.

Iolaus deepens the kiss and lightly runs his hand up Herc
chest. "Happy New Years Hercules, I love you!"

" And I love you Iolaus"