Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,120
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,121

Observation

Summary:

Casey and Dan spend some more time without their pants.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: These characters don't belong to me. No copyright infringement is intended.
Other Notes: This was a birthday fic for Amai_Unmei. Thanks are given to Eliza for performing beta duties; all mistakes are mine. I love feedback.

Observation

They're pants-less. Again.

Casey has no idea what either of them might have done to incur Natalie's punishing wrath this time, and he doesn't feel like asking. He glances out the window and waits for Danny to ask instead.

The question that comes isn't quite what he had in mind.

"Did you ever notice how sexy we look, standing here together?"

"Why, no, Dan; for some reason, I've failed to make that observation." Casey tries very, very hard not to give him a weird look. Instead, he focuses on the lights outside the window instead and feels absolutely certain that there are people watching him from the opposite building.

"It's true. We're incredibly sexy. Myself especially, of course, but I think you hold your own."

It slips out before he can stop it. "As opposed to you holding my own?"

Danny grins at him. "Something like that."

He can't stop this, either. He turns and gives Dan a weird look -- an extremely weird look, in fact -- and tries for his best sarcastic voice. "Really."

"Yep."

Danny's fingers are sliding up Casey's arm, lightly enough to raise goosebumps along his skin to match those created by the air conditioning on his bare legs. Casey doesn't flinch or shift away. He holds himself completely still, as if not moving will freeze this moment. He doesn't know if he wants Dan's touch to last forever or if he wants it to stop along with everything else.

He opens his mouth slightly and says, "What exactly is going on here?"

The weight of Danny's gaze on him is much heavier and more purposeful than are those constantly stroking fingertips. It holds him in place when they slide up beneath his shirt and rub across his back, along the top edge of his boxers, and his knees want to buckle.

"Exactly? Well, you and I are standing here, looking out the window," Dan says.

For a second, Casey wants to punch him, or slap the smugness right out of him. But Danny's voice softens at the end, just as his hand stops moving and centers a patch of warmth in the middle of Casey's back. Casey leans into it without really moving. Danny has to move quite a bit to lean over and kiss the corner of his mouth, but Danny's hand stays put.

Casey does multiple things in response and tries to count them off like steps in his mind. 1) He tilts his head sideways. 2) He gets startled by how close Danny's face is and how his eyes are this deep brown that should be boring and plain but really, really isn't. 3) He shivers. 4) He catches Dan's mouth with his own. 5) He shivers again.

He's wondering if the vibration against his skin is Danny shivering, too. When he opens his mouth and lets Danny's tongue slip inside, though, he figures it's more like a tremble. Not that he'll call Dan on that; when they stop this (if they stop this at all, ever, and maybe they shouldn't), he'll gladly pass off both their reactions as having been A/C-induced. Because of course, two guys standing around in their boxers and practically making out are extremely susceptible to cool air and are not remotely aroused at being half-naked and unexpectedly in each others' arms. No, of course not.

Danny's arms are definitely all the way around him now, and hands are in many places that they shouldn't be when their owners are in a well-lit room with wide open windows and glass walls and. . . . Oh, God, glass walls that lead to the office that happens to be full of all the people waiting for them to start the much-more-clothed Dan&Casey Show any time now.

Casey almost has to bite into Danny's tongue to pull back from the kiss; he accidentally does bite his own at Danny's low groan.

"Uh, Danny?" It sounds like he's been swallowing rocks. He clears his throat and blinks a few times so that he can stop just outright staring into Dan's eyes.

"Yeah." Danny looks utterly content to keep staring back at him, except for the lazy flick of his tongue into empty air that says he'd probably be even more content to be kissing Casey again.

He feels like he should drop his arms to his sides, but he doesn't move any more yet. "People are watching us, both across the street and in the bullpen. Other people across the country are waiting to watch us, although I think they're expecting a broadcast of sports news, not the two of us . . . doing this."

Dan sighs and nods and says "Yeah" again. His head falls forward against Casey's shoulder for just a second -- just long enough for Casey to feel hot, wet breath against his skin through his dress shirt and to hear Danny make a sound that could definitely mean he is smelling Casey. Then Danny steps away. They're two separate people again, Dan and Casey, and they're about to go on the air. Casey is suddenly very, very grateful for the air conditioning, because he has given his colleagues enough of this personal show. Or he will have, momentarily.

He abruptly reaches to cup the back of Danny's neck and tugs him close. He can ignore anyone outside this room for a little bit longer.

"After the show . . ." he starts.

At least the "Yeah" is a question this time. He could get used to non-verbal Danny, but they kind of need to be able to say more than one word during the broadcast.

He smiles helplessly. "I really can hold my own. Or I could hold yours. And, uh, vice versa."

Casey doesn't wait to see if Dan has the ability to muster any other response yet. He just leans forward, kisses him one more time, and walks out the door with one last glance out the office window. He knows that Danny will follow, and he's going to give him a hell of a nice view on the way. Even Casey's mother says that his calves are shapely.

- end -