Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
446
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,559

Benefit

Summary:

Benefit to staying in the lab?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

" Come on Greg," Nick said following the other man into the locker room. " You should have seen her in there. No way was she lasting longer then one night."

Greg shook his head. " Except there's no way now that Grissom will give me a second chance. He only agreed the first time because I'd found her in the first place."

" I don't know if this will make you feel worse or better, but I missed you today." Nick said inching a little closer.

Greg looked at him with a raised eyebrow. " You missed me?"

Nick nodded and inched a little closer. " You were out with Griss the whole day. I'm used to getting to see you once or twice through shift."

" Oh really?" Greg smiled. " I would figure it'd make it easier to keep your hands to yourself."

" Easier?" Nick shook his head. " Not easier. Defiantly much harder."

Greg raised his eyebrows and grinned. " Really?"

Nick, very pleased with himself for not blushing, grinned back. " Yep."

Greg suddenly glared at him. " I hate you."

" What?" Nick looked way to innocent.

" You know what that grin does to me," Greg told him. " And considering we're still at work for another hour and I have to finish all the work she didn't do..."

" Good," Nick said smugly. " Now I'm not the only one."

" That was evil," Greg told him turning toward his locker.

Nick glanced around quickly and then put his arms around Greg's waist. " Can I mention a benefit to you maybe staying in the lab?" he whispered in his ear putting his head on his shoulder.

" Besides getting to see me?" Greg swallowed proud his voice was so calm.

Greg felt Nick smile against his ear. " Yeah besides that. " Nick gave him a slight squeeze. " If you're in the lab we could tell Grissom without worrying that they're going to try and move one of us to day shift."

Nick laughed as Greg turned around so fast he almost knocked both of them over. " Are you serious?"

" Yeah I'm serious," Nick told him. " But if Griss makes you a CSI..."

" I know, I know," Greg grinned at him, turned around and grabbed him lab coat. He turned back and his eyes were twinkling in a way that made Nick choke back a moan. " I'm gonna hold you to that you know."

Nick nodded. " I know."

Warrick came in and stepped out of the bouncing lab techs way. " He seems in a better mood. What did you do promise to buy him a new video game?"

Nick didn't answer, just grinned.

Warrick watched him a second. " In second thought, don't. I'm sure I don't want to know."

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author angelh2o.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.