Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
864
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,118

M_o_V_C_S_I_EB

Summary:

The CSI boys have some admirers.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

M_o_V_C_S_I_EB
by Scribe


Grissom blinked at Nick. "A what?"

"A Live Journal. You know what a Live Journal is, don't you?" Grissom looked blank. "You DO know what a blog is?"

Grissom nodded. "A sort of on-line diary."

"Yeah, people use them for diaries, journals, but they've grown beyond that. Live Journal is the biggest provider on the 'net today. The were getting close to six million users last time I looked. But it isn't just personal journals now. They can provide group journals, called communities, where people with similar interests can communicate and post messages, polls, images."

"Like celebrities?" There was a slightly condescending tone in Grissom's voice.

"There are a lot of other things besides celebrities, but yeah--and you'd be surprised who some people consider celebrities. Us, for instance."

Grissom stared at him. "Excuse me?"

"Boss, there's a Live Journal community dedicated to the men of CSI."

"You're kidding."

"If I were Greg, that would be a valid theory, but I'm not kidding. Log onto the 'net, and I'll show you." Grissom turned on his computer and signed on, while Nick continued, "I ran across this completely by accident. I was just goofing around, wasting time, and I did a Google on my name." Grissom gave him a look. "Don't tell me you never did a search on your own name, just to see if there was anything out there that mentioned you." Grissom smirked, and Nick grinned in return. "WWW.livejournal.com."

Grissom typed in the address bar. When the site came up, he blinked. "A goat?"

"I haven't been able to figure it out, either. Now, do a search for..." He pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket and read off it. " M_o_V_C_S_I_EB."

Grissom entered the letters, then clicked on search. He read from the page that came up. "The Men of Vegas Crime Scene Investigation Estrogen Brigade."

"I think it started with the X Files. There was a David Duchovney Estrogen Brigade--and admiration, fan club of female fans. Pretty soon estrogen brigades for different characters or actors were popping up all over the place."

"And we have one?"

Nick nodded again, then grinned. "And they're hot for our bodies." At Grissom's disbelieving look, he held up his hand, palm out, as if swearing. "Boss, you wouldn't believe some of the things they write. These are some hot blooded females. I just wish that I could run into some women who think like that in real life." He shrugged. "Or maybe not. The ones who are interested in handcuffs are a little scary."

Grissom muttered, "Oh, I don't know..."

"What?"

"They've given us nicknames. I suppose I'm Boss Man. You're Tex--how original. Wait--one of them calls you Longhorn." He quirked an eyebrow at Nick. "Is she privy to information we aren't?" Nick blushed, and Grissom kept reading. "Warrick would be the Dark Knight. Boy, these girls are up-to-date. The most recent entries also mention someone they call the Geek God."

"That would be Greg."

"Yes, I think so." Gil suddenly leaned closer to the screen, studying it with a frown. "Good lord. Greg might want to consider escorts to his car at night." After a second, Grissom shook his head. "No, I suppose the plans to kidnap him and hold him as a sex slave are jokes. They have a lot of those smiley faces scattered in them. We'd better not tell him, though."

"It's a little late for that. He has the URL for that community book marked." Nick studied Grissom. "Does this bother you?"

Grissom thought for a moment. "Well, if they were sharing personal data, like home addresses, I might. But so far it's... flattering. Weird, but flattering."

"That's what I thought. And I doubt if anyone we know will see it. Well, I need to go get on reassembling that windshield." He left.

When he was gone, Grissom quickly scrolled back through the posts, examining three names. *I guess Labratlover is fairly obvious, even without the post under the Geek God thread that just says 'Mine, mine, mine. *cackle*' Sidestep doesn't necessarily mean anything. Sure, it's Mozell's most often used nickname for Sarah, but that would be... farfetched. The other one--salix. If that means what I think it means...* He did a quick Google search.

When Catherine came to Grissom's office, she found him staring at the computer monitor so intently that he didn't notice her arrival. She tapped on the door, and he looked up quickly. *Is Grissom looking at porn on company time? He certainly looks guilty enough.* "There's a body in the pool at the Uptown Motel."

"Drowning?"

"The fact that the body is in the deep end, and the head is in the shallows would say no."

Grissom hit the power switch. "Let's go."

Catherine started to turn away, then turned back. "Did you say something?"

"Nothing important." He made shooing motions. "You're blocking traffic." As Catherine preceded him down the hall, Grissom cast one more look back at the now dark computer, and muttered, "Salix babylonica--weeping willow..."


The End

Websites: http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/scribescribbles and http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/foxluver

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scribe.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.