Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,187
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,467

All In A Days Work

Summary:

Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Warnings: Humor
Beta: Nope, all errors are my own,
Feedback: Welcomed
Spoilers: None
Summary: What about all those missions we *don't* get to see? A series of three Ficlets
Archive: Area 52, WWOMB, Wraithbait and anyone else who wants it.
Author note: You may notice I'm picking on John a bit in the following stories, what can I say I love pissy Rodney!

Work Text:

All In A Days Work
by Bruceybabe

 

Planet: PT3 921

 

Ford: Ah, man, do we *have* to go?

McKay: We really don't have a choice, seeing as *someone* managed to volunteer us into taking part in their ceremony.

McKay pointedly looks at the Major. While Ford looks resigned.

Sheppard: Whoa! How was I supposed to know what that guy was jabbering about. He talks more than you Rodney!

McKay's eyes narrow and he folds his arms over his chest.

McKay: I'll ignore that last remark and as to Councilor Jerod, maybe by actually *listening*.....

Sheppard: McKay! ...... Look Guys ... So we have to take part in some ceremony, what's the big deal?

McKay: Well maybe you have should paid more attention Major. Because apparently it's a very *traditional* ceremony so

we have to wear *traditional* clothing, that these nice people are *kindly*going to supply us.

Sheppard looks at Ford who seems to have taken a sudden interest in the brickwork of a nearby wall.

Sheppard: ...O..K....how bad can it be?

McKay: Lieutenant, did you see all those mosaic's and frieze's in the entrance hall as we came in.

Ford: You mean the ones with all the guys wearing skirts.

Sheppard: ..........

Sheppard: Skirts!?

McKay: Kilts.

Sheppard: Huh?

McKay: Technically they're kilts not skirts.

Ford: Guess we should have invited Doctor Beckett.

McKay: Not those kind of kilts you idiot. They're made with strips of leather similar to the kind Roman and Greek soldier's used to wear.

Sheppard: Fascinating as that is, how come I seem to be the only one who didn't know this.

McKay: Well duh! because you weren't listening!

Ford: Sorry Sir, but he does have a point.

Sheppard: Well, do we have to wear the costumes?

McKay: I already spoke to the Councilor and he assured me nearly everyone will be wearing them.

The Major looks sharply at Mckay

Sheppard: *Nearly* everyone.

McKay: Well it seems some of the younger people wear a slightly different outfit, but I don't thin...

Ford: Does it at least have pants?

McKay: Sort of.

Sheppard: Sort of? How can it be sort of? Either they're pants or they're not.

McKay: Well I suppose if you mean they cover your legs then they're pants, but er.. when the one of the Councilor's

assistants showed me a pair, they looked more like pantaloons.

Sheppard: ............

Ford: ..............

McKay: ...............

Ford: So Gladiator or Aladdin?

 

************************************

 

Planet : PJ4 395

Major John Sheppard and Doctor Rodney McKay are standing inside a shallow cave that's cut out of a cliff face. Both of them have their jackets zipped up trying to protect them from the cold wind blowing through the cave past them.

Sheppard: So what do you see McKay

McKay : The same thing you do Major ..... it's a wall.

Major Sheppard squints at the cave wall in front of him. Looks at Mckay who's standing beside him .

Sheppard: C'mon there must be more to it than that. Right?

McKay: Nope. It's a wall. A wall with unusual drawings on it, but a wall never the less.

Both men look at the cave wall for a few minutes.

Sheppard: Well .... maybe the drawings mean something?

McKay: Oh I'm sure they do.

Sheppard: Well?

McKay: But I have no idea what that is.

Sheppard: *McKay!*

McKay: What! You thought I would? That I magically became a linguist or an anthropologist overnight. They're pictures, and not very good ones at that!

Sheppard sighs.

Sheppard: Look when we mentioned we were explorers, the old man at the village seemed pretty sure there was something out here we'd want to see.

McKay sighs

McKay: Maybe it's the wrong cave.

Sheppard: The old man gave pretty clear directions.

McKay: Yes, but he gave them to you.

Sheppard: Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

McKay: That for such an exceptional pilot, your skills of navigation on the ground sucks?

Sheppard: ..........

Sheppard: Interesting how you can compliment and insult someone at the same time.

McKay: It's a gift.

Sheppard: And I can navigate just fine.

McKay pats him on the arm comfortingly

McKay: Just keep telling yourself that John

Sheppard glares at McKay

Sheppard: ......Besides there's only the one cave for miles.

McKay: It's the only thing at *all* for miles. And how come Ford and Teyla didn't have to hike all the way out here?

Sheppard: Because Teyla trying to talk the leaders into giving us some food and I thought Ford should stay with her while we checked this out.

Both men continue looking at the wall

Sheppard: Are you sure ther....

McKay: Major I examined every inch of the wall, there are no levers or switches. No cunningly hidden buttons or pressure pads. No seams or joints to indicate there might be a door or compartment. The drawings and patterns themselves don't seem to depict anything in particular, at least as far as I can tell. In fact I'm beginning to think these are just from some of the local kids finger painting, and that *old man* sitting in front of the *fire*, and drinking a nice *warm* drink, and eating wonderfully *hot* food, back at the *village* is probably laughing his *ass* off at the gullible *explorers*.

Sheppard: Maybe it's ju...

McKay: *Major* ...read my lips. ...IT'S...A...WALL!!

 

************************************

 

Planet: ?
City of Atlantis

Teyla walked into the Infirmary supporting Doctor McKay who has a lump on the left side of his forehead and the beginnings of a black eye.

Carson: What happened to you?

Teyla: Doctor McKay walked into one of the recreation areas and interrupted Major Sheppard and Lieutenant Ford's game, and was hit in the face by a football.

Carson: A football?

Teyla: Yes. I believe Major Sheppard was able to obtain a small skin from one of my people on the mainland, and the

Lieutenant was able to fill it wit...

Rodney: *Excuse me* aren't you forgetting something.

McKay waves his hand at them to get their attention before pointing a finger at Beckett.

McKay: *You.* Shouldn't you be checking for concussion or a detached retina or something.

Beckett briefly examines McKay.

Beckett: No Concussion and your retina and everything else is where it should be. Though you may have a bit of a headache, and a nasty shiner

McKay: Wait aren't you going to give me a CAT scan or something? Just to be sure.

Beckett: Rodney it was a football not a shot putt.

McKay: Easy for you to say, it didn't hit you.

Beckett: I am curious about one thing, how come the Major didn't come with you?

Teyla: When the Major was sure Doctor McKay wasn't seriously harmed, he told me he had forgotten to do some repairs on Jumper 2, and they required his immediate attention.

McKay: I'll bet he did, who do think kicked the ball. When I find him him he is *so* dead.

 

Fin.