Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
749
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,490

The perfect gift

Summary:

Tony finally finds the perfect gift for Gibbs

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Category: NCIS fluff (implied slash) fic
Characters: Gibbs/Dinozzo/Ryan
Series: Yes - everyone will get one of these
Spoilers: Up to Season Two
Summary:
Additional Stuff: I *believe* Tony might have family money. Well, he does now. This was a WWOMB challenge:

Xmas gift Challenge

We're all probably caught up in the whirlwind of getting in those last minute gift buying frenzies for the special folks in our lives, so that's the challenge for this week. Write us a story of your favorite characters happenings, and mishappenings in the pursuit of the most perfect gift for his most important person/people Anyone?

 

Title: The perfect gift

Saturday

Tony sighed as he scanned the various silver gifts. Flask, pen-knife, pen. He shook his head, flashing his best 'sorry' smile at the girl behind the counter. 'They're just not...right.'

She nodded sympathetically. 'Not to worry Sir. You have a week after all.'

Tony nodded. 'Yeah. Look...if you get anything different in, give me a call.' He held out an NCIS card.

The girl - blonde and blue - Tony's favorite combination, took the card, tucking it quickly into her cleavage, stretched tightly over a white blouse. 'And if we don't?'

'Call me anyway.' Tony grinned again.

**************************

Monday

Tony needed help. Less than a week to go, and he had gifts for everyone - Kate, McGee, Ducky, Gerald, even the new morgue assistant, Palmer, who reminded Tony of the Spiderman actor and had earned the nickname 'Parker' from Tony which lead Ducky to mutter 'Yes M'Lady' every time he used it, which no-one understood. Everyone had a gift but Gibbs.

Determined to take care of buying it on his own, Tony had studiously avoided asking Ducky or Kate for suggestions as to what to get, and now he was *really* regretting that decision.

Finally, he gave in and picked up the telephone. 'Uh...Dad...it's Tony.'

*****************************

Friday night

Gibbs peered into the darkness - his night-vision was way worse than he had realized - and squinted at the trees as they pulled up outside the cabin. The steamed up windows in Tony's small car had meant Gibbs had little idea which direction they had headed in after leaving the city, and he sat back after a while, closed his eyes and only woke as the car skidded to a halt on the wet leaves in front of the wood cabin.

The lights were on, and a thick plume of smoke curled up from the stone-clad chimney perched on the pitched roof. Tony reached into his pocket, turning off the engine as he handed Gibbs the keys. 'Happy Christmas.'

Sighing tiredly and sure this was some kind of juvenile Tony-type gag, Gibbs walked up to the cabin, finally getting a weird familiar feeling as he looked around the forest around the cabin, opened the door and went inside.

'This must be a dream. I'm dreaming, right?' Gibbs muttered, eyes taking in the interior of the cabin as he walked into the warm living room.

Colonel William Ryan looked up from where he lounged in a reclining armchair, low table beside him holding two mugs, the steam curling off the contents.

'Gunny.'

'Colonel?'

Ryan smiled tiredly. Tony's plan had required a long drive from the hospital and he was tired even at 8pm. Only the dual thoughts of not having to go back until after New Year and having Gibbs' company in the intervening days had made him agree to Tony's plan.

When he saw the cabin, Ryan had felt emotions long-buried by the various drug therapies he had been on and Tony had self-consciously comforted the older man until shooed away to collect Gibbs, grinning at the surprise to come.

Standing in the doorway, Tony smiled contentedly. 'Happy Christmas boss.'

Gibbs turned but Tony was already gone, the front door closing before he could get there. He moved to the window and watched Tony pull away, lights bright in the forest darkness.

Ryan lifted one of the coffee mugs and held it out. 'You really didn't know?'

'About this?' Gibbs gestured around the cabin Tony had had rebuilt from the original blueprints in less than a week. 'No.' He sipped at the coffee, savoring the strong bitter taste.

Smiling, getting up slowly from his chair, Ryan moved to stand behind Gibbs as they looked out of the window, misting instantly as they breathed in unison. Chuckling, he whispered: 'You should see it...'

Letting out a contented sigh, Gibbs murmured: 'In the summertime.'

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.