Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
823
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
992

Rush 2: Tension

Summary:

Terry wants answers.
A short sequel to "Rush"
Fandom: Batman Beyond
Pairing: Terry/Bruce (Freaks you out? RUN!)
Warning: Some angst, language,etc
Feedback?: Sure! Just tell me what you think Spoilers?: Pre- "Out Of The Past"
Disclaimer: Don't own 'em. WB does.
Archive?: Sure!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Rush 2: Tension
by Prodigette

 

He didn't want to talk about it. Of course. Terry didn't even look Bruce's way, and Bruce didn't say a word to Terry,unless it was an order, or information on a crime. Other times that there was any tension in the air was after an argument, or because something Terry _supposedly_ did wrong. That happenned more times than Terry can count over the past year.

Right now, it was painfully quiet between the two men in the cave.

The silence wasn't creepy, even though Terry felt his stomach churning in anxiety. He wanted to say something. Hell, he needed to say something. It was worth risking a lecture, being yelled at, or one of those looks, right? Terry knew that Bruce wouldn't want to talk about it, but he needed to know.

Terry could hear the bats flying, the sound of Bruce's fingers hitting the computer keys, Ace's breathing, and Terry could have sworn that he heard his heart beating. All Terry wanted to know was why Bruce just kissed him, among other things... and now Terry couldn't look him in the eye. And it wasn't even if fault.

The only time that he saw Bruce as being nice looking, was when he was looking at old pictures of him. Bruce once told him that women practically fell at his feet when he was younger. Terry could definitely see why. If Bruce was much younger, would he not feel so... guilty about liking it? Maybe. It was a bit too strange for him, and unfamiliar territory.

'C'mon McGinnis, get yourself together. You can do this... you can do this..' He thought to himself.

Terry turned around, facing the Batcave stairway. Maybe talking to Bruce this way would make things easier. Hopefully. Terry closed his eyes, gave a silent prayer, took a deep breath, and opened his mouth to speak.

"..Mr Wayne, uh..Bruce.."

Terry heard the chair turn around, and his heartbeat sped up. The blue eyes that was looking at him, seemed to be burning a whole in the back of his head. Terry was looking at the latest Batman costume while talking, and it seemed to help him calm down. Swallowing, Terry tried his best to continue.

"I..well....you said that the kiss shouldn't have happened, but I still want to talk about it."

Total silence.

'Ah, slag this..' He whispered to himself. Terry turned around, and Bruce was about a foot away from where he was standing. For someone who seemed to not be able to move around a lot on his own, Bruce was a very quiet walker. Even with the cane.

"Terry, impulsiveness is a form of irresponsibility. What I did, it was a mistake." Bruce stated. When Bruce gave such small sentences, it meant that he didn't want to talk about it.

Terry knitted his eyebrows in frustration, and crossed his arms. Another sign that the day wasn't quite over yet, even if it was dark outside.

"Bruce...why did you kiss me? I want to know. I know that you regret it, but.."

"I said that it was a mistake. It's over with, end of discuss-"

"Damn it, Bruce, NO!!" At Terry's yell, Bruce's eyes widened, Ace jumped, the bats near the ceiling scattered, and the word echoed through out the cave.

"You can't kiss me like that, and then walk away from me like that... expecting me to forget it! I'm not saying that I didn't like it, but you can't stand there and lie to me that you didn't like it, either! _You_ are the one who kissed _me_. Why the hell do _I_ have to feel so bad about all of this?"

Terry threw his backpack onto the floor with a loud slam. "I'm not going anywhere until we talk about this. Look at me and tell me that you didn't like it."

Bruce went silent, and his jaw muscles were moving.

"I thought so."

Bruce walked toward him, face expressionless as usual, but blue eyes were blazing. "McGinnis, listen to me! " Bruce growled "End. of. discussion!"

Terry narrowed his eyes, and picked up his backpack. "It's all because I remind you of _him_, don't I?"

Bruce shot Terry a glare.

"Like I said, I thought so.You can't even give me a simple yes or no answer.. Are you trying to take all what happenned between and Dick, out on me? I know you two were _more_ than partners and friends back then. I'm not stupid."

"McGinnis, I'm warning you..."

"About what?! I must be right because you aren't denying it. So that's why you're so hard on me. Go figure. Now you're using me....because of him. Barbara was right, you have no soul. What a fucking coward."

Before Bruce could say anything, Terry ran upstairs to get out of the manor. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go back or not.

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Prodigette.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.