Irresistible Man with Baby Interlude

by Cinder

Rated:PG

Interlude in the New Temple Series - between "You Don't Really Want to Do
That, Do You?" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

Summary: Alex must care for Iris while everyone else attends Blair and Xander's trial in LA.

Find an AW rated pic (for awww, what sap) of Alex and Iris here. http://rm237.0catch.com/cinder/alex-iris.jpg

 

Irresistible Man with Baby Interlude
by Cinder

"Hush little baby, don't say a word. Daddy's gonna buy you a mocking bird," Alex sang softly as he paced back and forth across the floor. It looked like Iris was finally drifting off. "And if that mocking bird don't sing, Daddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring." Very carefully, he set her
down in her cradle for a nap.

"Yeah," he whispered, "all the diamond rings you want. Being as cute as you ought to be illegal."

"Awww."

Alex spun around. Strife stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame,cleaning his nails with a knife.

"Are you getting soft on me, Alex?"

"What? No."

"Want children of your own someday?"

"That's a loaded question, isn't it?"

Strife smirked and waggled his fingers. "Just might be."

"I think I'll let Dana carry the babies."

"Yer no fun." Crossing to the cradle, Strife took a peek inside. "She is sweet. Hard to believe she'll grow up to be such a holy terror."

"Why is she important?" Alex asked. Strife shot him an evaluating look. Weighing his words carefully, he continued. "I mean, she's Dana and Fox's baby and that's cool, but you keep on dropping these humongous hints that she's more than that."

"You sure you aren't looking for a conspiracy because you're used to them?"

He thought about that for a moment. Sitting on the couch, he opened his arms to his god. Strife took the blatant opportunity to climb onto Alex's lap and snuggle close. "I don't think so."

Giggling, Strife kissed him. "I ought to have known ya'd catch on first. I'll tell ya this, she's important. I can't say how important or why yet because it's just too soon ta be sure of the future. Cool?"

"Cool."

Smiling, Strife leaned in for another kiss. They ground against one another, their tongues tangled, trading heated moans between them.

A high-pitched wail coming from the cradle interrupted them.

"Damn it!" Alex muttered. Maneuvering himself out from under Strife, he went over and picked Iris up. She was dry and she didn't smell. Maybe she's hungry, Alex thought. He held out a green scaled, red-clawed hand. A warm bottle of formula appeared in it. Sometimes it helped to have a god around the house, as it were.

"Hey! I hope I'm good for more than that."

"I adore and worship you from the tips of your spiky hair down to your deathly pale toes," Alex told his god while feeding the little one.

"If you weren't holding the baby, I might be tempted ta blast ya."

"But you love me anyway," Alex teased.

"Course I do, Alex. Us outcasts gotta stick together."

"I love you, Strife. I worship you."

"Don't get me all choked up here. Yer gonna ruin my reputation."

Smiling, Alex paced back and forth as he fed Iris. Strife sat and watched, his knees drawn up to his chest in a contented curl.

END