Title: I didn't want it

Author: Shellie

Rating: NC17. I have no clue how to rate this. Non-consensual sexual activity warning

Pairing: X and S with some undertones of very minor Xander/Spike, Xander/OC

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the series, concepts and characters, are the property, copyright and trademark of Joss Whedon & Mutant Enemy. No ownership or claim on said property, copyright or trademark is made or implied by the use in this work. This work constitutes a personal comment on the aforesaid properties pursuant to doctrines of fair use and fair comment. This work is non-commercial, not for sale or profit, and may not be sold or reproduced for commercial purposes.
All characters and situations which are not specifically owned by the makers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer are sole copyright of the author.

Spoilers: I have no idea if this spoils anything.

Feedback: Yeah, I want to know if you would like the other part of this or would like me to never write again. lol

Distribution: Anyone that wants it has to be as nuts as me but anyone can have it.

Author's Notes: Spike is chipped and living in Xander's basement still.

~ is thoughts

Summary: Exorcising a few demons.

PART 3 NOTES: ' '- denotes phone conversation

PART 4 NOTES: See if you had said it sucked you wouldn't have been subjected to more!

Thanks to zus for helping with the Brit speak! Okay zus, its your turn to post. <G>

PART 6 NOTES: This part includes what I believe a medical exam would be like for a male rape victim. If this is too tedious for you this part can be skipped. It is important for me personally to show that rape is not over after the act. I hope you all can bear with me and don't think this part sucks too bad. I cannot find any information so this exam is common sense, I apologize if I offend any real medical personnel in my pitiful attempt to recreate it. I realize Xander seems somewhat childlike but this too is a reality. The feeling of wanting to go back to a time when your Mom could kiss your boo-boos is valid. Sad isn't it? This is for all those victims out there. May it give you some peace. Also for my purposes Xander is 19. Barely a teen and barely an adult. And on the Hellmouth you are a minor till 21. Sorry, too hard to change it now. lol

PART 8 NOTES: Thanks to zus for making sure my Spike and Giles weren't utter rot! And thanks to Jericho for pointing out the tense problem. Hope I fixed it. I'll go hunting a beta for the next part. Well, unless this is the last. <G>

A/N: Hope you aren't disappointed in this part guys, its hard to do torture stuff.

PART 9 NOTES: As usual no real beta so hopefully the tenses are right. Kinda short folks, sorry. No zus for this one, hope Spike's okay. ::sniff sniff:: But thanks to Cimmer for giving it a quick once over to make sure it didn't suck. lol Thanks Cimmer!!!!!

Part 24 Note: There is a pairing in here that might make some people uncomfortable so read with caution. I hope I did it delicately enough it won't make anyone go, ick. And its my first try at any real smut so hopefully its not just plain silly! No S/X, WAAAAAAAAAY too soon still. Thank you so much Sofy for checking out my first smut for me before I posted. Grammar errors are all mine. Disclaimers in part one.

Part 25 Note: # denotes a phone conversation. ' is the phone conversation itself. I have never done Angel and Spike interaction other than one ficlet so I hope I did okay! Sarah and Cimmer looked it over for me but any mistakes are still my own.

  

"I Didn't Want It"

by Shellie

Xander was awakened from a sound sleep by a cursing vampire with an English accent. It seems the chip in his head wasn’t enough to take away Spike’s ability to be an annoying nuisance.

"What’s the problem Blondie? Scorch your blood again?" Xander snickered at his witticism.

"When I get this bloody chip out of me head…"

"Yeah, yeah, you’ll rip our still beating hearts out of our chests, blah, blah, blah." Xander could quote Spike threats in his sleep. Speaking of sleep- "What are you complaining about now Spike?" Xander asked with sleep deprived weariness.

"This bleedin’ chair is lumpy and these ropes chafe, " Spike muttered sullenly.

"You woke me up to complain about your accommodations?! Shut up and go back to sleep Fangless." Xander fluffed his pillow and exaggeratedly telegraphed his intentions to go back to sleep.

"Oi whelp! Don’t go back to sleep."

"Say goodnight Spike."

"Boy, Pet, Xander!"

"Augh, what bleached wonder? Its daytime, you are a vampire, aren’t you supposed to be snoring?"

"I don’t snore whelp."

"Whatever Spike. I’m tired, its been a long day-er night. I’m begging you, just go to sleep!" Xander listened to the quiet for a few heartbeats before starting to drop off again. Just as Xander relaxed his tense muscles Spike chose this moment to speak again.

"Fine, go to sleep, see if I tell you about the two hot blokes moving in next door." And the contrary vampire went to sleep with a smirk. Xander of course spent the rest of the time he was supposed to be sleeping trying to banish the thoughts racing through his head.

~Two hot blokes? What do they look like? What’s Spike’s idea of hot? Why did he tell me about them, I’m not gay! I have no interest in two cute-wait, he didn’t say cute. The Big Bad hot vampire would never say cute. Wait, Spike’s not hot. Why did I say Spike is hot? I don’t think Spike is sexy. He’s an annoying bleached blonde menace. He isn’t an adorable vampire at all. See? Most important, he’s a vampire! A-I vant to suck your blood-complete with fangs and brow ridges, monster. I wonder what it feels like to be bit? Is it part of vampire foreplay? Oh my god, I’ve gone from thinking I just might have an attraction to guys to lustful thoughts about a MALE vampire~ Xander’s tumultuous thoughts continued to badger him as the sun began to set and Xander’s ‘day’ started once again.

The Next Day:

Xander woke up feeling like some of his confusion had cleared. Okay so he might like guys. That was a little wiggy but he’s an adult and if he wants to explore his sexual preferences then no harm done, right? But not actual sex. After what happened with Uncle Ray he wasn’t ready for a physical relationship. And certainly not a physical relationship with a vampire. Not even an adorable, snarky chipped vampire with a sexy British accent. Okay, no more thoughts about the cute undead guy tied to a chair. And wasn’t that a disturbing image? Xander shuddered as he quickly got dressed. Visiting the new neighbors seemed an innocent enough male bonding activity. For a very brief moment he thought about inviting Spike. It was an extremely short moment.

‘Going out for a bit Fangless. Don’t chew through the ropes while I am gone.’ Xander scotch taped the note to the sleeping vamp’s chest and he was on his way. He approached the house next door with a spring in his step, secure in his new knowledge about himself. Okay, so he wasn’t ready to jump on a cute guy. At least he could admit guys were hot and handle some gay conversation. Whatever that meant! Of course just because two guys moved in together didn’t mean they were gay…

Xander was so deep in thought he was caught flat-footed when the door in front of him opened abruptly. His eyes met a pair that looked remarkably like the bleached wonder’s. He had sandy curls and was dressed in a white Adidas t-shirt and cut-offs. His feet were bare.

"Yes?"

"Hi, I’m Xander. I live next door to you." He gave a patent pending Xander grin

The suspicious look changed to a welcoming smile and he was escorted inside.

"Hi, I’m Josh. Michael and I just moved in."

"Michael is your um, roommate? I have a roommate too. His name is Spike. Well actually his name is William but everyone calls him Spike. He can be really annoying but he’s okay sometimes. Well most of the time he’s pretty cool but-"

"Actually Michael is my lover." The soft laughter cut into the Xander babble.

"Oh."

"Is that a problem?"

"No, no, just I kinda only figured out recently, very recently, I might be gay and I don’t know why I just told you that!" Xander blushed.

"Ah I see, you just fell out of the closet, " this was said with a distinctly Spike-like smirk that made Xander a lot more uncomfortable than when Spike did it.

"Well, not really, kinda, yeah I guess so."

"Michael will be back in a couple of hours. He had some errands to run."

"Oh…maybe I should come back later?" Xander has no concrete reason, but the thought of being alone with Josh is really bothering him. He’s not sure why, the guy seems nice enough. Maybe its leftover wiggins from his recent soul-searching. Deciding that’s it, he tries to relax.

"I was just watching a little TV, would you like to join me?"

"Well I am off work today and since my roommate is asleep and I have nothing else to do-sure, okay." Despite his earlier conviction that he was being silly and the pleasant conversation he’s engaged in now, he’s feeling increasingly nervous. He hasn’t felt this uncomfortable since his uncle told him it was okay for adult male relatives to initiate the youngsters into sex. That little scenario lasted until he found out the truth as a teenager. He never went ‘all the way’ but Xander figured if he hadn’t wised up it would have gone that far. Suddenly he realized what was scaring him. Josh had scooted closer and closer until Xander was practically in his lap. He had grown into a well-developed young man and was far from small, but Josh was a few inches taller and quite a bit more massive.

"Um, Josh, I don’t want to accuse you of anything but you are sitting a little close for my comfort." The last thing Xander expected was what happened next. Josh abruptly leaned over and started mouthing Xander’s crotch. "Josh, I’m not comfortable with this. You have a lover. I am a one woman-er man guy. I JUST realized I might like guys."

"Xander, relax, I just want to introduce you to the lifestyle you have chosen."

"Please Josh, I don’t want this."

"Now I know I can make you feel good, you have never even tried it. Trust me."

"Please no." Xander is thrown back in time. Josh continues his ministrations on Xander’s cloth covered member and Xander feels all the strength leave his body. Ceasing, Josh takes Xander’s hand and tugs an unresponsive man-child into the bedroom. He doesn’t seem to notice or care that Xander is no longer with him. He continues a one-way conversation with the unusually silent Xander.

"Let’s just take off your pants and underwear. Lay down on the bed for me. Good boy. Lift your hips so I can pull your jeans down. You are so cooperative! It’ll be okay, I can make this feel really good."

Xander can’t hear all the myriad comments, his mind is long gone. He’s back with his Uncle Ray and his will to fight is gone. He is a limp rag doll. Josh leans over the silent form and takes his cock in his mouth. He licks up and down the veined shaft like he’s tasting a particularly good lollipop. With one hand he opens a jar of lube sitting on the bedside table. Dipping in a finger he circles the rosy opening between Xander’s nether cheeks and attempts to slip the finger in. Xander’s cock, which had started to become erect, flags a bit. But Xander still doesn’t respond. This doesn’t deter Josh and soon he has Xander ready for him. Suddenly a faint, "No, no, no" can be heard coming from the limp form under Josh. He ignores this and starts trying to force his way in regardless. The no’s increase in volume as the pain level increases. Finally Josh seems to take notice and he ceases his unsuccessful attempt to penetrate Xander.

"Its okay sweetie, we can try again another time. Let me take the sting away."

The affectionate words are obscene against what almost happened. When Josh stopped his attempt Xander was once again the rag doll. Josh’s mouth soon brought him to orgasm despite a lack of response from the man himself. He patted Xander on the thigh and proceeded to re-dress him.

Xander continued to be silent and in his own little world as he unlocked the door to his basement hideaway. "Oi whelp, close the bloody door! You are letting the sunlight in! Boy, Xander, what’s the matter with you?? Close the door!"

Snapping back into himself Xander suddenly closed the door and then promptly slid down it. All Spike could hear was Xander saying over and over, "I didn’t want it."

Part Two

The whispered words are so soft even the vampire had trouble hearing them.

"Didn’t want to do what pet? Xander, didn’t want to do what?! Snap out of it whelp!" Spike took word to deed and started snapping his fingers in front of Xander’s face. Considering he was tied to a chair with thick ropes when the boy left you would think the fact that he is now kneeling by Xander would wake him out of it. Unfortunately the boy doesn’t seem to be aware he is even home, much less ready to solve this little Scooby mystery. With a very distinct sound of disgust at his nancyish action, Spike gathered the lanky form up and carried him over to the couch. Xander came back to himself at the sounds of tea being made in his kitchen area. After blinking rapidly for several minutes he managed to dispel the last of the lassitude that enveloped him.

Spike’s hurried tea preparation was interrupted by a low mutter.

"I didn’t want it. But I had an orgasm. Why did I cum if I didn’t want it? What he tried to do hurt so bad. But I climaxed so I did want it? I am so confused. How can something feel bad and good at the same time? I didn’t want it. I know I didn’t!"

The mutterings grew louder and louder until Xander was shouting. Spike put the tray he was carrying back on the counter and raced over to Xander. After catching bits and pieces of what he was saying Spike had an idea of what had happened. Thoughts of what he wanted to do to the person that hurt Xander were causing the chip to zap him into a migraine. Yes the boy was annoying and always insulting Spike but then vampires weren’t very good with warm fluffy emotions. Xander was also very loyal to those he cared about and while he may mouth off to Spike, no one else could. And Spike acknowledged that although in time there might be some deeper feelings, right now he was happy to call the whelp a friend. Although he wasn’t gonna tell HIM that. He sat down on the sofa and gently pulled Xander into his lap. Suddenly he was holding a kicking, screaming, chip activating, hysterical human.

"Pet, stop, its Spike! Luv, you are safe, stop setting off my bleedin’ chip! Xander, you are home," Spike spits out through the pain.

The last word reaches Xander in whatever Hell he seems to be living in.

"Sp-p-ike?" Xander’s tremulous reply is followed by the fighting turning into such violent shaking Spike is forced to hold the boy tighter so he doesn’t fall off the couch.

"Yah its me whelp-Xander. Its Spike. You are home safe. Care to tell the chipped vamp what the ruckus was all about?" Spike started petting the boy’s hair.

Somewhat calmer and assured he is now safe, the only thing Xander wants to do is forget.

"Nothing Fangless, I just got a whiff of your morning blood breath." Xander’s humor shield is back in place.

"Oi! I brushed me fangs whelp." Spike snapped.

Xander’s snickering tapered off into an icy silence at Spike’s next statement.

"Didn’t work ya know. Figured out a long time ago you turn into a clown as a distraction. That’s fine, you don’t have to tell me."

"I do not! Nothing is the matter in Xander-land. Wait-I don’t have to talk? I mean there’s nothing to talk about but you aren’t gonna badger me to tell you about the nothing I have to talk about?" Xander’s not even sure HE understood that last babble.

Spike snickered as he realized that Xander feeling so fine about nothing happening he failed to realize the vampire was still petting him. Xander blushed as it occurred to him he was sitting on Spike’s lap. A Spike that had an erection. He scrambled off Spike’s lap so abruptly the vampire lost his hard on when his bits were stomped.

"Gah! Careful whelp! I ‘appen to be attached to those!"

"Get away you evil undead fiend! I said no, I said NO!"

"Whoa whelp, what do you think is going on?" Spike backed rapidly up the back of the couch. Away from the cross Xander was brandishing in his face.

"You were trying to rape me!"

"I was not!"

"You were too! Your-um, your pen- you were aroused!" Xander said the last accusingly.

"What?! You thought I was trying to attack you because you noticed I had an erection?! I’m a vampire luv, easily aroused. Coulda got that from the squirming you were doing on my lap. Just cause a bloke is hard don’t mean anything. Now are you gonna tell me what this is all about or do I need to tell the Watcher you’re possessed again?" Spike slowly sat back down on the sofa, trying not to startle the confused youth.

"Contrary to popular Scooby myth I do NOT get possessed at the drop of the hat!" Scare over, Xander is becoming indignant.

"Sure, I believe you whelp, but the others…" Spike trails off with a knowing look.

"Fine Fangless! But you have to promise to never tell anyone else."

"You are gonna take the word of an evil undead fiend? Okay luv, I promise." Spike crosses his fingers behind his back.

He’s only got a few pieces of this puzzle but he’s figured out enough to know this is not a good thing to be secret. He will need the Watcher’s help with this. Maybe Giles knew of a discreet clinic Xander could be checked out at. And he was going to need some professional help as well. But for now it was enough to get him to simply talk. Spike spent the next hour explaining to Xander that erections and orgasms were a matter of stimulating specific nerves, NOT necessarily state of mind. By the time the boy finally believed the vampire that he didn’t want it even if he seemed to have enjoyed it, the tea had relaxed Xander into a light doze. Spike carefully picked up the boy and gave a mental cheer when he snuggled closer instead of pulling away. He settled the sleeping youth on the bed, covering him lovingly with a blanket. When he was satisfied Xander was sleeping peacefully, he dug the address book out of a drawer and picked up the phone.

"Hey Watcher, got somethin' we need to talk about."

Part Three

'What have you done now Spike?' You could almost hear Giles pinching the bridge of his nose.

'Oi, I like that Rupert. A bloke tells you he needs help and you accuse him of nefarious deeds!' Spike's voice raises just a tad too much in righteous indignation and his Xander stirs. 'Gotta go Watcher, ' Spike cuts off Giles' reluctant apology.

Giles hangs up with a puzzled look on his face and a note to check on Xander soon. Spike is chipped but still, he thought he heard a soft moan in the background. He sits down abruptly by the phone when he hears muted voices coming from the off-kilter receiver. He recognizes Spike and Xander's voices and unashamedly listens in.

"No, no, no! I don't want this, please stop! Josh no!" Xander is caught up in a waking nightmare. Spike tosses down the phone, so concerned with Xander he doesn't notice the phone isn't hung up and the line is still open.

"Xander luv, wake up. You are still safe. Come on pet, time to open those eyes."

"Spike!" Spike is nearly knocked over as Xander literally leaps out of bed into the comfort and security of his arms. Spike readjusts the distraught youth and sits down on the bed, Xander still wrapped around him like an octopus.

"Its all right luv, Spike's got you." Spike once again found himself petting a trembling Xander.

"I thought I was back in his house Spike. Men aren't supposed to be that scared." Xander's shivering eased and he became aware that the Big Bad was purring. Between the petting and the purring Xander was starting to calm down. Now he just felt ashamed.

"Wha? Not even a vampire can say they like rape whelp. A little pain and pressuring sure, but I never went in for true force meself."

"That's reassuring Fangless." Now calm, Xander falls back on old behaviors.

Giles drops the phone in shock. Xander was raped? By who? He felt distinctly Ripper-like as he contemplated what he had just overheard. This must be what Spike wanted to talk about. Thinking of the conversation he just heard, he was ashamed of not giving the vampire a chance to tell him. He's impressed with what he's heard so far and decides to get some information Spike will need after he's done talking to Xander.

Spike ignores the customary insult and continues petting and purring. Xander finally stops the bluster and for once seems to be at a loss for what to say.

"What do I do now Spike? Your comment about the guys next door started a night long introspection-woah, big word for the Xandman!-where I realized I might be gay. I just wanted some friendly conversation. I didn't want that Spike, I really didn't! I'm telling you the truth, I said no, I did!" Xander grew increasingly agitated. Spike sighed as he realized once again that Xander still had a long haul ahead and scenes like this were far from over. He shushed the now sobbing youth. In the babble Spike kept hearing something about real men not crying. He snorted in derision and continued to soothe and cuddle his "real man".

Meanwhile Giles was calling in markers to find Xander the care he would need. The first thing on the agenda was a complete physical exam. He realized that may cause a little commotion but decided he would stand firm. It was necessary. After giving his 'adopted' son time to recover from that little indignity he would discuss therapists with Xander. Perhaps Spike's chips would allow him to assist with the first part if it came down to a struggle. After all the intent would be to help, not harm. Then again maybe Xander would see the necessity and just get it over with.

"All right luv, all right. You can cry more about not being a real man later. We need to talk about what to do now."

"N-now? What do you mean what do we do now? I get on with my life and you get tied back to your chair... well maybe not that last. I mean you are being nice to me. You didn't get your chip out did you? Nah, I'd be dead not cuddling a de-chipped Spike. Oh my, I am cuddling a vampire. A MALE vampire. And I feel safer with you than I did Josh. This is giving me the wiggins. What do you mean what do we do now?!" The babble ceases abruptly with a repeat of the original statement.

"Oi whelp. Calm down and talk slower. You can, 'get on with your life' as you put it. There's just a couple of things we need to discuss first. I still have the chip but even if I didn't I wouldn't hurt you. Oh bollocks, I care about you pet. And I care that this is done right. You have to see a doctor luv. Then later you need to talk to a professional. And most importantly you have to tell the Watcher. Secrets are for birthday presents and rot like that, not things like this. I don't like it but Rupert can help. I'll be here for you as long as you can stand me pet."

Xander instantly starts protesting but is silenced by the look on Spike's face.

"D-do I have to see a doctor? He didn't, he tried, but he didn't um..." Xander is too embarrassed to continue.

"Luv, even if he didn't manage to penetrate you the attempt could have caused some damage. I'll be right there if you need but you will go if I have to get a migraine making you."

Xander feels guilty at that last and capitulates reluctantly.

"Okay Spike, you win. Let's call Giles." Xander is so upset he doesn't even bother to call Giles by the hated nickname.

Part Four

Unfortunately it wasn't as easy as Xander's quick statement seemed to make it. For one Spike noticed the phone was off the hook. He wondered if the Watcher had ever hung up.

"Wait whelp, I don't think this is a phone type conversation. Don't want to give Rupert a heart attack then be too far away to watch, " he ended with a Spike smirk. He may be cuddly for his Xander but he was still the Big Bad.

Not to mention a little distracting wouldn't hurt the whelp.

"Spike, the G-Man is like my father. That's evil! Oh yeah, you ARE evil.Still, I don't understand why I have to talk to Giles. I am so not talking to the girls."

"Luv, you have to talk to the Watcher because he is like a dad to you. Much as I don't like it, you're gonna need him. And you don't have to tell anyone else. At least not right away." Spike leered. "Of course I am evil pet, I'm a vampire! But I won't hurt you none luv, you can take my word on it. Now come on, Rupert's waiting." Spike quickly ushers Xander out the door before he can process that last statement. Since Xander is arguing about telling Giles, he should have no idea what is going on. After all the fuss about Xander needling to talk, Spike is not gonna confess the Watcher might already know. Might?! If Spike was Giles and a known evil-albeit chipped-master vamp had found something so startling he dropped the phone he was holding, he would have eavesdropped too. Especially since the Big Bad vampire was with Xander. No, he didn't blame the Watcher. It might make things easier in the long run. Less time explaining left more time to get Xander to a doctor before he had a chance to really wig out.

With that in mind he exuded a sense of power, a sort of-Don't mess with a Master Vampire's pet- as they walked to Giles'. Xander was lost in his own thoughts and silent. But he was holding Spike's hand and for that little gesture Spike could swear his heart gave one short beat. It was miracle night on the Hellmouth. The couple made it to the Watcher's without meeting humans much less demons. Spike was smug that the Big Bad still had it. Of course, it could have just been an unusually quiet night too. Xander was not in any condition to appreciate the quiet night. He had a few demons of his own.

~Spike cares about me? Me, Xander Harris, the donut-boy. But he said he wouldn't hurt me even without the chip. Of course, evil soulless demon, he could be lying. He's got to be lying. He's holding my hand though. That's something nice. And its making me feel...safe. I feel safe with Spike. Isn't that a scary thought! Okay, so he's being a friend. I can handle that. Sure need one right about now. Ulp. I have to tell Giles. Oh God, I don't think I can do this. How do I get myself into these situations? And I don't need to see a doctor. I mean okay, my ass does hurt a bit but that's to beexpected when a guy tries to shove his limp-yes I can tell the difference-dick in your ass! Some pain is expected. I don't need a stupid medical expert to give me an official name for why I have a sore butt! No... we're here. Shit, shit, shit! We are at the G-Man's front door.~

Xander stops and Spike is unexpectedly tugged backward when he fails to notice the whelp planting his feet.

"I can't do this Spike. Let's just go back home please? At least let me take a shower, change clothes..." Xander trails off.

"Luv, we've already discussed this. Remember? You have to talk to the Watcher and you can't clean up till you see the doc. Now do you really wanna set the bloody chip off when I drag you in whether you like it or not?

Show might be worth the headache."

Spike has a look on his face that Xander isn't sure he should push. It seems to say the Big Bad is at the end of his rope himself and would love for Xander to make him enact a cave vampire routine. Complete with girlish shrieks as Xander is carried over the vampire's shoulder. Perhaps a few manly vampire shrieks as well as the chip zaps Spike, but the look seems to say it will be worth it.

"You'll stay right Spike? I am so not doing this alone," Xander finally managed to get out.

"Oi pet, told you I was staying put. Now knock on the door like a good whelp."

Giles is standing right by the door, listening to all this. He has long stopped being astonished at the sounds of support and concern in Spike's voice. He almost opens the door before Xander knocks. Luckily he realizes that if he does this they'll know he's been listening the whole time. Now is not the time to start a trust issue.

"Spike, Xander, what brings you here at this ungodly hour?

Giles rubs imaginary sleep out of his eyes. If Xander was more aware he would realize Giles opened the door too fast to have been asleep.

"Well, come in, I haven't got all night!" Giles winces at the forced irritation in his tone but he mustn't be nice to Spike and make Xander suspicious. He sends a silent apology to the vampire. He really has been impressed with Spike's handling of the situation.

"Uh hi G-Man... If you were asleep we can come back later, " Xander says hopefully.

"No, no Xander. It must be important if you- Oh, bloody hell!

"Giles!?" Xander is so startled he actually says his name.

"I can't keep pretending. Now of all times there must be absolute truth and no secrets. I know what happened Xander. Spike phoned and told me." Well actually he had overheard but most of the truth was better than none.

"Is that true Spike?" he sees the truth in the vampire's eyes.

"Why did you bother with the pep talk if you were just gonna break your promise!? What about you caring about me!? Are you gonna go call the girls now and complete my humiliation? Oh my God Spike, you gave me your WORD!" Xander is furious and hurt.

"Actually luv, I crossed my fingers behind my back so technically I didn't break my-, " he cuts off at the look in Xander's eyes. Xander runs for Giles' bedroom and locks himself in.

~Stupid, you should have known better. Trust the evil soulless vampire and get what's left of your heart ripped out. I believed him! He said he cared! Bet that was an evil vampire lie too.~

"Well, that was a fortuitous beginning! Good show Spike, that went well."

Giles furiously cleaned his glasses as Spike gave Angel a run for his money in the brooding department. Both men were at a loss.

Part Five

"Bloody Watcher, why'd you have to tell him? This is all your fault! Humans and their bloody desire to tell the absolute truth. Now how'm I supposed to calm him down? He's locked in your bleedin' room!" Spike continued his tirade, not seeing the danger signs in Giles. Giles was already furious and it wasn't going to take much before Ripper came out to play. How dare the vampire say Xander was upset because of the Watcher. Xander was one of his "children". He was looking after the boy before Spike even came to Sunnydale. After all, didn't Spike hit Xander over the head pre-chip? Giles had much more to lose than Spike!

"How dare you blame this on me. I don't actually need you here Spike. I could take care of Xander on my own. I could have Willow do a de-invite spell and make sure you're kept far away from him. If you'd like to help Xander-well first I'd wonder why-that'd be acceptable. But don't take your frustrations out on me again. Is that understood?" Giles finished quietly and somehow that was even more menacing.

"Oi Watcher, no need to get your knickers inna twist. Just was concerned for the boy. No need for all that." Spike backed down reluctantly from the hostility Giles was displaying. If he didn't need the Watcher... If he didn't have the chip... A chip zap later Spike was massaging his temples.

"Yes, quite, now that that rot's over with I can use my key to unlock the door and we can tend to Xander." Giles turns around with a faint snicker. Point to the Watcher.

Spike stomps along behind him muttering about bloody gits who don't tell a bloke they have a key first off. Giles is too concerned about Xander to get any more amusement out of baiting Spike. Giles gets the key out of his pocket and puts it in the lock.

"Xander, we're coming in. Its time to talk. I know you're upset but I can explain." So saying he opens the door and they both spot an exhausted youth asleep on the bed. The two older men carefully sit on each side of the sleeping teen. He is so tired he doesn't even stir. Spike starts petting his hair. Giles notes this and with a start realizes the vampire loves Xander.

"Spike, I know've a doctor that'll come to the house. I'll go call him while you stay with Xander in case he wakes up. I think this'll be less traumatic in a familiar environment." The soft whisper startles Spike but the trust it reveals is even more surprising. He nods quietly and lays down beside Xander, still petting his head. He notes with encouragement that Xander once again has curled towards him rather than scooting away.

"Its okay luv, Spike'll take care of you. Me and Rupes working together'll be an unbeatable team. Course that's if I don't kill him, " Spike muses softly. Its been a long day for the vampire too and he starts purring as he falls asleep with his Xander.

Meanwhile Giles has just gotten off the phone with the doctor, who will be there in an hour. He quietly opens the door and sees a sight he is going to describe in his journal. William the Blood, Master Vampire, the self-proclaimed Big Bad, One-Fourth the Scourge of Europe is cuddling a very human Xander Harris like a teddy bear. And purring. Maybe he should buy a video camera...

Part Six

Giles sits down in a chair by the bed and writes in his journal while he waits for the doctor. He has settled into a light doze himself by the time all three are rudely awakened by the doorbell.

"What's going on? Hey, how did Spike get in here?" Xander yawned sleepily then cuddled closer to his vampire. He wasn't awake enough to remember he was mad at Spike. Giles motioned for Spike to stay put. He would answer the door.

"Give him a few more minutes Spike. I need to talk to the doctor anyway." Giles exited the room, quietly shutting the door behind him. Once out of earshot he raced down the stairs quicker than dignity normally allowed, but he didn't want the doorbell to wake Xander again. Maybe dignity wasn't watching. Giles opened the door cautiously even though he had looked out the peephole and confirmed his visitor. This was the Hellmouth after all. He ushered the man inside and gestured for him to take a seat.

"Thank you for coming Daniel. I know this is not the normal type of house call. I just felt this person would feel more comfortable here than at your clinic. You do have everything you need? I don't want you to have to traumatize him twice if you forgot something and have to leave to get it. My apologies, that was rather stupid. I am sure you know what you are doing. You have to know, he is a minor and not actually my son. That won't be a problem will it?" Giles finished nervously. He has handled monsters of all descriptions but it is the human monster that still unnerves him.

"Relax Rupert, I know this isn't legal and my results won't hold up in court. You mentioned you weren't pressing charges. Since I know you I'm going to assume you are handling this personally and not ask any more. They can't get anything out of me if I don't know anything. Now let's get this over with. You mentioned the young man was a tad reluctant. I brought along a tranquilizer in case its needed." The doctor isn't finished when Giles interrupts.

"I hardly think sedating a rape victim just so he's unconscious when you examine his arse is necessary!" Giles was upset with a misconception, perhaps he will give the man time to explain before he rips his head off.

"Rupert! Its a trank, it will just relax him a little, not make him paralyzed and comatose. He will still know what's going on, he will just feel removed from the reality a little bit. Finally, I said I have it in case its needed, this could be a moot point. Now can we get on with this? I am no more fond of these than I am sure your young man is, " Daniel finished with a snap of his overfull doctor's bad and gestured for Giles to lead the way.

"Sp-pike? I know I'm supposed to be mad at you but can I be scared, get cuddled right now, then be mad later? I guess I shouldn't be so mad since I don't have to explain the whole awkward thing to Giles after all. Do I still have to see a doctor?"

"Luv, you can be as scared as you please. Told you I'm staying put and I'll be here if you're mad or not. Pet, Giles phoned a bloke he knows and the doctor is here now." He stops to address the sudden panic in Xander's eyes.

"Now? He's here?! But why? Is he gonna take me to his clinic? But you and the G-Man could have driven me. Why is he here!?" Xander is distraught, he thought he would have time to talk his way out of this.

"Shhh pet, the Watcher wanted to get it over with and thought you would feel better at his house rather than a cold exam room. Don't you want to get it over with and done luv?" Spike smoothes his hand over Xander's hair. This petting thing is getting addicting.

"No Spike, I just want my life to go back to the way it was. And I want to have a choice again of who touches my ass! But since neither of those seem to be an option you will excuse me for wanting to throw a very childish tantrum!!!" Xander finishes with a near scream.

The door opens just in time for Giles and the newcomer to hear the last. Giles wonders if he should have been so quick to refuse the tranquilizer.

"Well young man, I have never met anyone that had more right to throw one. If it will make you feel better go right ahead." The doctor's sudden proclamation startles the other three in the room. Giles finally recovers enough to approach Xander.

"Xander...I wasn't going to mention this but I am thinking you need the option. Daniel brought a tranquilizer. You will be able to move and be cognizant of everything going on around you but will feel less a part of it. Its up to you son. I was very sure it was not necessary but if you need it please don't hesitate to take it." Giles finished and sat down beside Xander. Xander looked helplessly at Spike. He didn't know what to do. He was terrified but he wasn't sure being drugged was a good thing.

"Spike, I can't do this. I just can't. Please don't make me." Xander bursts into manly tears again.

"Give us a mo please Watcher, " Spike showed Giles and the doctor to the door. He caught a last worried look from Giles and they were gone.

"Okay luv, take a few deep breaths and relax. You know this is going to happen. You know you will not be left alone." Spike starts the petting all over again. Who needs a tranquilizer when you have your very own vampire?

Xander's breathing was approaching hysteria when he started the deep breathing. Now he's scared but not ready to bolt. Whatever happens, Spike will be there.

"Well Rupert, you didn't warn me about THAT!"

"Warn you about what Daniel?"

"Warn me that William the Bloody was the mate of your boy."

"Xander is not Spike's mate. Yes I admit I did notice he loves him but mates?"

Daniel shrugs, "So do you suppose he can calm him down? I really don't want the vampire attacking me if your Xander gets hysterical again. Not that I am saying the boy is over-reacting. I just don't want to get bit tonight."

"No worry there Daniel. Spike has a chip, he can't harm humans. I do wish he would hurry up and tell us its okay to come in." Giles looks up the stairs wearily, willing the door to open.

Spike notices Xander's breathing ease and sighs in relief. Maybe its time to get the other two men.

"All right luv, its time. Keep taking deep breaths. You still want me to tell you if you get the shot?" Spike never stopped petting his human.

"I-I don't know. I just want to pull the covers over my head and pretend I'm not here. I just don't think I can do this." Xander's voice is full of pain and terror but he trusts Spike.

"Got it pet, I don't think you can do this without it. Gonna go tell the doc." Spike gets up to leave and is grabbed by Xander.

"Don't leave me please!" Xander is sobbing once again. Spike curses and drags the unhappy boy with him.

Giles looks up at the sound of a door opening and catches sight of a white-faced Xander behind Spike.

"Right then, let's do it."

Daniel grabs his bag and follows Giles up the stairs.

"Whelp's right scared, he's gonna need the stuff." Xander nods but doesn't say anything.

"Very well, I understand." Daniel gets a pre-filled syringe out of his bag.

"Roll up his sleeve please. Rupert, why don't you sit in the chair by the bed and hold his other hand? There, you can never have too much support young man. I hope you realize how great these friends of yours are. I've known Rupert for years and I have heard of the reputation of William the Bloody." He keeps Xander occupied with inane chatter and the youth is too distracted to feel the pinprick when it comes.

"All done, now lay back, hold your vampire, and think calm thoughts. This is fairly fast-acting. You might feel a bit woozy but it shouldn't knock you out." He catches the worried look. "Hey, if you go to sleep we'll wait. I won't touch you while you are out unless you would prefer-"

Quick head shake.

"I didn't think so." He gives Xander a friendly smile and sits down in a chair by Giles. He watches as Spike gathers up the boy and strokes his hair in a motion reminiscent of petting. Well, whatever works. Xander grows increasingly limp. Daniel is briefly worried he might go to sleep after all but his eyes remain open. Spike hears Xander's heartbeat slow as much as its going to.

"Pet, you still with us?" Xander takes such a long time nodding they wonder if he really moved. "Ready luv?" Xander just blinks blankly and Spike snorts. "Right, not ready, never ready, got that. Okay doc, do your stuff."

Daniel is not about to undress Xander with Spike in the room. He likes his arms attached. He briefly contemplates asking Rupert but the request dies unsaid when he sees him in the same chair, clutching Xander's hand like a lifeline.

"Okay, Spike is it? I need you to undress him completely. I don't think he's capable of that right now." Daniel says this prepared to lose his life if the vampire goes off on him. Spike just quietly complies. He will do nothing to upset Xander.

Daniel gulps, "Now roll him on his stomach please." He puts his gloves on and applies a bit of K-Y Jelly to his index finger. He lays the other hand on Xander's back.

"Xander, I am going to examine you now. It will feel a bit uncomfortable but it shouldn't hurt. You let us know immediately if it does." The skin under his hand rippled a little but other than that shiver he didn't protest. "Spike, take his other hand. If he squeezes you let me know."

Spike simply nods in acknowledgement. Daniel takes a deep breath and gently parts Xander's butt cheeks. First he checks for any tears on the anus itself. He feels lucky to only find a few and none that need stitches. The youth is sobbing but showing no signs of resistance. Its as he said, Xander is fully conscious, just really relaxed. One more deep breath later he inserts the finger completely in the tiny hole. Xander's breath hitches briefly then he continues sobbing. Daniel strokes his back gently.

"Almost done with the bad part, just hang in there."

Xander nods and buries his face in the pillow. Daniel twists the finger completely around to check the walls of the rectum and Xander squirms.

"Does that hurt Xander?"

Head shake.

"You're sure?"

More head shakes.

"No pain receptors in here so the pain you are not feeling is from those little tears. Good, I'm all done with the bad parts."

Xander looks up incredulous.

"I told you I didn't like that part either. Ready to finish?"

Xander nods and Daniel begins a painstaking head to toe search for injuries. It seems to take forever and Giles falls asleep in his chair. Xander soon follows. Finally he is done and asks Spike to draw Xander a bath. While Spike is gone he quickly draws a tube of blood to test and notes approvingly that the youth is so tired he doesn't even twitch at being poked once again. Spike enters the room once again and Daniel asks him a curious question.

"Now Spike, I could take this blood back to my lab and process it in a couple of days but I understand you can tell me if there is anything in it just by tasting it? If you do this will it harm you if there is anything wrong?"

Spike looks up astonished.

"Never been used for that purpose mate, but it should work. Wouldn't hurt me." Daniel gives him the vial and Spike downs it. The flavors of innocence mixed with terror and despair make Spike want to spit it right back out. That used to be his favorite taste. Not when its Xander's.

"Blood's fine, doc." Spike surreptitiously wipes his mouth with the sheet on the bed. Good thing Giles is still asleep.

"Okay, the bad news. He has several small tears in his anal ring. They will heal but he's gonna be sore for a bit. I have some cream for that and he will probably need help applying it. The good news is he was right about the person not completing the penetration. There is very little damage and what there is will heal on its own. I will leave the cream with you along with some herbs you can sprinkle in his bath water. I would advise a normal diet but he should avoid the spicy stuff for a week. No showers, bathing only. I will be back to check on him next week." Daniel leaves the instructions and the job of bathing a dozing Xander with Spike.

The vampire shrugs, picks up his precious human, and heads into the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet he takes his Docs off and steps fully clothed into the bath. He doesn't want to terrify Xander when he wakes up in a bathtub with a naked male vampire. Sprinkling the medicine in the water he settles Xander against his chest and falls asleep with his nose buried in his mate's hair. He has time for one brief moment of shock at that last thought and then he is asleep too.

Part Seven

Xander woke up aware of two things. One that he was sitting in a bathtub full of now cold water and two, there was a fully clothed vampire cuddling him. Still feeling some lassitude from the medication and relieved the really bad part was over he got a wicked look in his eyes. Picking up the cup Spike used to wash his hair he filled it with the cold water and proceeded to pour it on his vampire's head.

"Soddin Hell! Are we being attacked?!" Spike cut off when he heard Xander snickering. He was too happy seeing his mate laugh to actually be mad. He waited until Xander wasn't looking and gave him a taste of his own medicine.

Giles woke up to the sounds of a water fight in his bathroom. He got out of his chair so fast he tipped it over. Ignoring the chair he ran into the bathroom.

"Now see here gentleman, cease that!" Too bad he has a fluffy bathmat. One shoe crossed the mat just fine but the other caught. The Spike and Xander water show was ended abruptly when a very proper English man landed ass over tea kettle in the bathtub. This took care of most of the rest of the water left in the tub and gave Xander a more intimate look at Giles's butt than he ever wanted. Spike was too busy moaning in pain as his bits were squished to appreciate the humor of Giles' pratfall. Giles scrambled out of the bathtub, trying not to place his hands in inappropriate places in the process. This achieved, he started cleaning his glasses only to realize his shirt was wet.

"Just bloody wonderful!"

"G-Man?" Xander's emotions are so very fragile and he is worried that Giles is mad at him.

Spike thanks vampire healing for his quick recovery and comforts his Xander.

"Its all right luv, Watcher's not mad, " he says as he lifts Xander out of the tub and helps him into the robe Giles is holding.

"Right Rupes?" Spike glares, the Watcher had better say yes.

"What!? Oh. Oh! Certainly not Xander. I was just reacting to the situation. I'm not mad or even upset with you." Giles gently unfolds him in a very unexpected hug. Both pull away embarrassed but not sorry.

"Right then luv, let's get you dry n' dressed. Does your bum hurt?"

Xander looks at Spike, clueless. "My what?!"

"Your ass whelp, does your arse hurt?" Spike looks a bit exasperated. Tip-toeing around a hurting human is difficult for the normally snarky blonde. He will do anything for his mate but he can only be so nice for so long.

"No Spike, not right now." Xander flushes with embarrassment. It seems lately that everyone around him is concentrating on his butt. Before this he didn't think all that much about it.

"Let's go then luv, don't want you getting chilled." Spike leads Xander out of the bathroom leaving a frustrated Giles still staring at his glasses and wet shirt.

"Rupes, just use a dry towel!" Spike shouts over his shoulder.

"I assure you I am perfectly capable of realizing that Spike." Giles says dryly.

Spike snorts and sits Xander on the bed, his manner changing instantly.

"Let Spike dry you off Pet. Water got a bit chilly while you napped." He takes a big fluffy towel and thoroughly dries Xander, avoiding any private bits. Now that the medication is wearing off Xander is trembling with reaction.

"Oh God Spike, I hated it. It felt like it was happening all over again. A second rape. I'm tired of having people's hands in my ass! I never want that again. I have had more people looking at my bare butt in the last couple of days than in the last 19 years. I am so glad its over." Xander leans forward and hugs his vampire.

"I know I haven't been very nice to you Spike. But after Angel offered me to you as a snack then you hit me over the head, well, I just didn't think I was more to you than food. But then I was ra-then this happened and you have been there every step of the way. I guess what I am trying to say is I'm sorry for before and thank you for not holding it against me. I don't know what you are to me yet. I am still hurting. But I know I always want you around. You give me sympathy and respect my feelings but if there's something necessary to do you don't hesitate to make me go through with it. Then you are there for me when I do. I'm not saying that's my last tantrum but I can count on you to do what's best for me whether I want you to or not. And besides, I have to keep you. You pet nice, " patented Xander grin a little weaker but still there.

"Soddin Hell, I don't pe-" Spike breaks off as he realizes he is indeed petting Xander again.

"To borrow a Giles expression; 'Yes, quite'". Xander just looks at Spike. His vampire. He has his very own vampire! Can I keep him Ma, he followed me home!

"Cheeky git, " but its said with affection. "Luv, I have an errand to run. I want you to stay here with the Watcher. I'll be back." Spike pulls the covers up to Xander's chin. "I want you to eat." Spike glares at Xander and he leaves his protest unvoiced. "You will eat Pet. We'll have words when I get back if you don't."

"Yeah well, chipped vampire, what are you gonna do? Glare me into submission?" Xander snickers and Spike has to hide his delight at hearing him joke again. He's supposed to be stern with him, not think its cute for Xander to talk back to the Master Vampire.

"Laugh all you want whelp, I'm leavin' you with Giles and he isn't chipped." Spike gives one last smirk and leaves the room with a swirl of his duster. He and Giles exchange a knowing look as he heads out the door.

"Make sure he eats Watcher. I will be back."

"I know how to take care of a 19 year old boy Spike. One of us has to stay with him. Get in a few for me." Giles ends with a curiously Spike-like smirk and hands something to Spike for him to stash in his duster.

"Aye... Ripper, will do." Spike puts the package in his coat and leaves his Xander in Giles capable care.

"Remember Spike, you will only have one hour."

"It'll be enough." Spike leaves quickly, he has a lot to do before morning.

~Josh huh? That's the arse wipe's name. Well Josh, did you know vampires are real?~

Spike gives an evil laugh that would have made Giles cringe and HE knows Spike is chipped. But Spike can't harm humans...right?

Part Eight

Spike lopes down the dark streets. He was wishing on the one hand that he would run into something nasty and get rid of a little pent up aggression. But he also doesn't have all night to play. Sighing in disappointment he avoids all trouble on his way. The Watcher's house is not far from Xander's. Its not even enough effort to wind him. He approaches the house next door to Xander's and phase one has begun. He knocks on the door. A young man with dark brown hair and chocolate eyes answers, dressed only in pajama bottoms.

"Yes? Its kind of late for salesmen honey, " the man replies.

"Sorry to bother you at this hour sir but my mate was attacked and I need to call the police. Would you mind terribly if I used your phone?" Spike uses his Victorian manner of speech and a smile to gain access. Underneath the respectable exterior the vampire is itching to rip the mortal's throat out. If this doesn't work he'll have to catch this Josh outside his house. He's cursing that vampire invite quirk now more than ever. Then again, the stakes have never been higher: this is for Xander.

"Well Xander, what would you like to eat? I could order you a pizza." Giles coaxes the youth to eat his first food in two days. He should be starving.

"No thanks G-Man, not hungry." Xander's laying on his side facing away from Giles. His whole posture says leave me be. All he wants is his Spike back.

Giles sits down on the bed and rubs his back.

"Xander, Spike will be back. When he does I want you to have eaten this soup. I don't want to pour it down your throat but if it comes to that I shall." The soft statement has a much bigger impact than a bit of Ripper's idea of a threat. He's just so nice and matter of fact its scary.

"Threats G-Man? Not your usual style." Xander does not even bother to roll over.

"Oh no dear boy. There's no threat. That was a promise."

Xander finally rolls over and looks at the Watcher in shock. Whatever he sees in Giles' eyes causes him to silently sit up and take the tray Giles is holding.

"And don't call me that horrid name." He sits down beside the bed to make sure Xander eats.

"Oh dear! Do come in and you can use our phone. Does your mate need any help?" He looks out into the night as if the other man is just laying on the ground somewhere. He's not overly bright.

"Wha? Oh no, a friend is watching him for me. We just moved into a new flat and don't have a working phone. Do you live here... alone?" Spike sits down on the couch as Michael closes and locks the door.

"Oh no, I live with my lover Josh. I just love your accent, he will die to meet you! I know what you mean about the phone, we just moved in too. The phone company takes forever. Here's the phone, help yourself to a drink, I'm going to get Josh." Michael minces out of the room.

Spike waits until he is out of sight before sprinting to the fridge for a drink to put the potion in. He finds a can of soda and quickly mixes the two. Giles told him it would only deactivate the chip for one hour. As he waits for the wanker to show he contemplates what to do about Michael. Xander told him this Michael wasn't home and therefore wasn't a part of the rape. If he didn't think Xander would get upset he would rip them both apart. But if the other man was, argh, innocent... Spike hears voices and sits back down. He is ready for his first sight of Josh.

"Michael! I am sure he is really hot but you don't have to drag me." He catches sight of Spike at the same moment Spike sees him.

"You arse wipe, how can you rape a 19 year old boy!" Spike is abruptly in game face and Michael faints dead away. Right, well that takes care of one problem.

"Wow, I hope your voice is as sexy as your-Oh My God." Josh backs up rapidly. He's such a nice guy he ignores his passed out lover. "Whoa man, I didn't rape anyone. I don't have to take it, its given to me. Your boyfriend must have just wanted a taste of the Josh man."

"You plonker, even in England no means no. I'll taste you all right!" Spike leaps at Josh, flashing his fangs. Josh screams like a girl as Spike drinks. He's not even trying to make it painless. Spike's first taste of live human in a year leaves him feeling nothing but disgust. This isn't about food. Its about causing this pathetic human as much pain as possible before he ends his miserable life. He intended a few choice tortures but Josh pissed him off. He can't even enjoy this meal. All he wants to do is drain this git and get back to his mate. Finally the heart stops and he throws the rapidly chilling body away from him in revulsion. Michael is still out so he steps on him as he goes into the kitchen. The guy may not have been home but he should have known how sick his lover was. The man groans but wisely stays prone. Spike destroys the kitchen looking for booze. Josh left a nasty taste in his mouth. He snorts in disgust at the peach wine coolers but downs one and swipes another to take with him.

He tosses a, "Thanks for the booze mate, don't pick such a wanker next time, " and leaves. His Xander is waiting. He walks back to the Watcher's. He's sending out such powerful vibes that nothing dares bother him on the way. Giles meets him at the door.

"Well Spike? You might wipe your mouth before you go to him. There's a spot of blood in the corner." Giles motions to the corner of his own top lip.

"Right, right. Need to warm up some blood Watcher. Pillock left a nasty taste in my mouth. Made me mad and I drained him. Made it hurt though." Spike walks past Giles into the kitchen. He prepares a bag of blood and downs it without the customary look of disgust.

"Gah Rupes, even pig's blood is better than that bloke's flavor."

"I-I'm rather impressed Spike. You were chip free for an hour and yet all you did was avenge Xander. You could have gone anywhere, done anything. That's just bloody amazing." Giles looks at Spike, astounded.

"Right well I only had an hour. No time for vengeance and mayhem at the same time. Would've gone on a bloody tear if I had time." Spike smirks.

"Ah I see. Very well, then. Go see your-go see Xander. He ate some soup but won't relax unless his vampire is there. He mentioned something about petting?" Giles looks at the vampire with amusement.

"Whelp's gone barmy. I'll just go check on him." He starts walking nonchalantly then curses and races up the stairs-Giles' laughter following him.

"Really Spike, he's not a pet!"

Part Nine

"I know he's not a soddin' pet, " Spike mutters as he carefully pushes open the door. No startling Xander, never scare his luv.

"Pet, you awake? Spike's back..., " he curses softly as he approaches the bed. He can read tension in the boy's rigid posture and scents the despair. Soddin Hell, whelp thought he wasn't coming back! He abandons all attempts at calm and practically flies to the bed. He sits down carefully and stretches out behind his mate, trying to massage away the tension. His ears catch an extremely soft muttering from the form under his hands.

"Please come back Spike. I'll be good. I won't fight with doctors anymore. I'll do whatever you want. I won't make you mad, promise. Why did you leave? Was I bad? If I was bad I'll be good. You can touch my butt all you want. I won't cry, please come back!"

Spike is a vampire. A Master Vampire. Nothing a human says can possibly matter enough to make him feel guilty. What utter rot. He was feeling so low than an earthworm would have to look down to see him. When will he learn that emotions are so much more fragile than the shells that hold them.

"Luv, I'm here. You aren't bad. Never bad. You'll never have to see another doc again if you will just stop trembling and look at me. Please pet. Don't say please a lot whelp." Spike is desperate. Was revenge really worth coming back to this? He thought Xander was as broken as he could possibly get. How could someone shatter so much and ever become whole. For a long moment he was stuck in the bleakest despair. This is what being selfish wrought. Josh wasn't punished for Xander. That was for Spike and the Watcher. He should have gone through the regular human channels and never left his mate's side. Can he fix this? He has to.

"Pet, I was wrong. Never should've left you. Promised to stay put and I already bollixed that up. Never again. Listen up Xander, only gonna say this once. Never again. Won't leave." He pulls Xander closer to him and begins his favorite activity-pet the human. "Can't face the Watcher for a bit luv, " he chuckles, "Rupes said you complimented my petting technique. Wonder how long an embarrassed Mater Vamp can hide with his human before 'Dad' becomes suspicious?" He nearly cheers when the trembling boy turns over and burrows into his chest, giving a watery chuckle.

"Don't care Fangless. My vampire. You followed me home, finder's keepers. You really won't leave me again? Everyone leaves me. I don't know what I'd do if you left me alone again. Well, I can go to the bathroom by myself and you will need to eat-I'm not a walking blood bank. Do you promise?"

Spike smirks at the return of the Xander babble.

"Right luv, got it. No withdrawals. Suppose I can survive on the blue plate pig special. Word of a Master Vampire Pet. More important, word of William the Bloody mate. May have lost me bite but the word still means something." Spike gave a sigh of relief. He hadn't lost the most important thing in his unlife. Without his mate, and now was not the time to discuss that with him, he would be there to greet the sun. Or, shudder, maybe even go see the Poof. He is glad that isn't going to happen. He doesn't need a lecture from hair boy!

"Spike...my butt hurts." Xander's reply is filled with reluctance.

"Whelp, why didn't you tell the Watcher?" Spike sounds exasperated. Not that he has to help, but frustrated that Xander waited.

"Ew, my father figure touching my ass? No way! That is so not happening. Spike, how can I put this? I already told you I am tired of having people's hands up my ass. But of all the people I know, if I have to have someone do it, well...I want it to be you." Xander finishes quietly and snuggles back into his vampire's chest, hiding a red face.

Ever see William the Bloody so happy the ice around his heart melts? Okay, fine, when he was not killing or maiming. Ah, I didn't think so.

"You want ME to touch your arse mate?"

"Calm down Spike. I just need you to apply some cream. You so don't have to sound like groping me is your favorite pastime." Xander sounds a bit nervous. Spike doesn't have to sound so thrilled. Like its an honor or something.

"No need to be worried luv. I'll never touch you without permission. Just was happy you trust me that much. Love you, I do, never will hurt you." Spike wraps him arms around his Xander and runs his hands up and down his back. Xander briefly stiffens when he gets too close to his butt, but as soon as Spike feels it he avoids touching that low. He needs his mate to relax.

"Um, Fangless, this is nice but my butt still hurts. Can we take care of that then cuddle? Cuddling is of the good, when I'm not in pain." He squirms uncomfortably.

"Right pet, thought I would relax you first." Spike reaches behind him and gropes around until he feels something cool, smooth, and tube-shaped.

"I appreciate the thought Spike, really do. But sore butt's so not good."

Spike laughs, "Got it luv, pain first then fun stuff." He quickly pulls Xander's pants down far enough to apply the cream. Xander shakes a bit but then sighs in relief as the cream cools.

"You can touch my butt anytime Spike." Xander puddles back down, getting comfortable again. Spike smirks but actually manages to avoid any snarky comments. Cuddling with his mate has priority.

Part Ten

Spike is snuggly and curls around his human heater. He is content and will be happy if he never has to move.

"Wait a minute, you love me!?" Spike is abruptly tossed as Xander sits up in shock. "You can't love me, I love you. Nobody ever loves me back. I'm never that lucky. You love me? No way! Tell me you don't love me. You just can't! Why would you love me, Xander Harris, a nobody? No super powers, no strength other than normal human. I'm nobody special." Xander trails off and looks down at his lap.

"Pet, can't tell you I don't love you. Don't care that you have no super powers. To me you are something special. Wasn't going to talk to you about this yet but I think you need to hear it. Luv, you are mine. My Pet, my human, my Xander, my special mate. Mate as in mine. Never leave you and never let you leave me." Spike sits up and gathers the much bigger youth into his lap. Since Spike is on the small side and Xander is...not this should look pretty awkward. It looks like a vampire comforting his mate. He starts up a rumbling purr and is rather startled when Xander starts petting his hair.

"Nice kitty. My kitty."

Spike snorts.

"Spike, if I didn't need you so much this little talk would terrify me. I'll wig later. I'm still mad at you, you know." Xander tucks his head under Spike's chin and rests against his chest. He's never stopped petting.

"Whelp, you can be as mad as you like if you just keep petting me. No wonder you like this so much." He has this overwhelming urge to stretch in contentment like a cat.

Giles is sitting down in his living room secretly watching Passions. He looks at the clock occasionally. He'll give them some time but they do have things to discuss still. He's glad the girls took the summer off and went on some kind of a retreat. The men can handle whatever may come up and the LA Team is on standby. The credits rolls and Giles sighs. After a quick glasses cleaning he starts up the stairs reluctantly. He's glad Spike handled their little situation but he wishes that meant everything was fine again. It is not all better and while Xander will heal, his life will never be the same. How is his 'son' going to handle being told he's Spike's mate when all Giles wants to do is cremate the vampire. Yes he's been there for the boy but no father or even father figure wants a vampire for an in-law. He was a bloody Watcher! He stakes vampires, he doesn't plan family dinners around them. Ah well, what's done is done. Now is for Xander. He does not ever want to admit this out loud but it seems Spike is actually the best thing for him. Shaking his head in consternation he knocks on the door.

Since Spike is so busy reaping the benefits of a Xander petting he actually is caught unawares. As a result Giles first sight of the two is not the warm cosy scene but Spike rubbing his chin and Xander clutching his head.

"Nice move blondie! Man vampires have sharp chins!" Xander glared at Spike.

"Pillock! Your head's the hardest thing in this room. Didn't do it on purpose you git."

"Gentleman, " Giles begins

"What happened to super vamp reflexes and super vamp senses Fangless? You so should have known G-Man was coming, " Xander spat back.

"Don't call me that wretched name. Spike, Xander, " Giles tried again.

"Even a Master Vampire can be startled! Didn't see you complaining none before we collided, " Spike snarled in return.

"Really you two, this is absurd," Giles tries a final time. Honestly, they are like two children and Spike is over 100 years old.

"I don't know why I ever cuddled you. You're about as soft as a hedgehog Spike!"

"Hedgehog's got a higher IQ than you whelp!"

"That's bloody well enough out of you two!!!"

"Wow Spike, Giles' face is really red."

"Yeah Pet, better sit down Watcher."

"I don't need to sit...William." Xander snickers. "Something amusing Alexander?" Spike smirks and Xander glares at him.

"Now gentlemen, and I use that term loosely. If you two are quite finished, we need to talk." Giles looks at both of them pointedly and they sheepishly sit down.

"Sorry G-Man, " Xander chirps

"Pologies Watcher," Spike mutters after a Xander glare hits him full force.

"Quite, " Giles is a bit taken aback. They were fighting with what seems like real venom in their words and in just a few short moments he has a contrite vampire. Was the Hellmouth opening?

"Oi Rupes, can we hurry up a bit? Gonna miss Passions, " Spike whines.

"It was over ten minutes ago Spike and don't call me that Alexander, " Giles replies absentmindedly.

"Whoa, way to multi-task G-Ma-, " Giles glares. "I mean Giles, " Xander cringes.

"Hey, don't yell at my mate Watcher! That's my job. So Rupes was watching Passions eh?" Spike snickers.

"I was merely watching the show as part of my task, " Giles sniffs in derision.

"Wot? Watchin Slayers and stakin vamps, what’s that got to do with my show?" Spike is confused and a bit suspicious.

"Simple, it pertains to the entertainment habits of one very infamous vampire-the name is William the Bloody, " Giles finishes triumphantly.

Spike snorts but decides not to push his luck and gives Giles that point.

"Right well, if you want to watch this vamp there’s another showing on channel fifteen in, " quick clock check, " Ten minutes."

"I don’t want to interrupt vampire playtime G-Man. We can all watch Passions then have a chat. I don’t mind waiting, " Xander quickly adds.

Giles sighs, " Very well. But we are going to have this talk."

Giles follows a happy vampire and his relieved mate down into the living room. He rolls his eyes when Spike immediately flops down and gathers Xander into his lap.

"Xander, aren’t you a little big to be sitting on Spike’s lap?"

"Wot’s your point Rupes? ‘M comfortable, " Spike replies before Xander even opens his mouth.

"As long as you are quite cozy Spike, all is right with my world, " Giles says sarcastically.

"Ta Watcher, " Spike snickers, totally ignoring the tone it is said in. He picks up the remote and finds the channel.

"Not quite on, thought we’d catch the end of the news. Like to hear about all the new deaths, " Spike smirks.

"That’s not exactly a shocker Fangless, " Xander snickers.

Giles’ sigh and eye-roll heavenward is postponed as the last news story comes on.

#"This is Amy Vandergelt reporting live from the residence of Josh White and Michael Buella. Police say Michael called nine one one last night after Mr. White was brutally attacked and killed by a man taking a hallucinogenic drug. Mr. Buella states he was deformed facially, perhaps a birth defect. He claims the man yelled something about Mr. White raping a minor. We have checked all police reports for the past week. No minor of the approximate age had a report filled out and Mr. White had not been charged with anything. After a perusal of Mr. White’s police record it became apparent that if this is true it would have been his third arrest for assaulting a minor. He was charged and convicted of two previous counts in Nebraska. He had just gotten off probation and moved to Sunnydale when the incident occurred. His roommate stated he thought Mr. White had been reformed. I guess we will never know. This reporter doesn’t think he was. From Sunnydale, California this has been Channel Fifteen News at Ten."#

All three men sit there, stunned.

"Knew I should’ve drained that wanker too, " Spike snarled.

"Spike, shut UP!" Giles hissed.

"Wha-What are you talking about Fangless? Did you have something to do with this?" Too late.

"Very good Spike, I knew I was underestimating your keen intellect, " extreme Giles sarcasm.

"Watch it Watcher, " Spike snapped.

"Guys, guys! What’s going on? Spike couldn’t have had anything to do with this, he’s chipped! He’s still chipped, right? He didn’t kill anybody, he can’t! Tell me he didn’t-G-Man, Spike?"

Giles is too distraught at the return of the lost sound in Xander’s voice to comment on the nickname.

Part Eleven

Spike cringes, how could he have been such a git! His Xander seemed to be doing so good. He takes two steps back for every step forward. Will he ever be okay?

"Spike, since you opened your gob you need to explain this to Xander, " Giles interrupts the start of a Spike channeling Angel broodfest.

"Right, I still have me chip luv. Watcher an I wanted to make that arse wipe pay for hurting you. Rupes gave me some mojo, deactivated the chip so I could torture that Josh wanker. He made me mad, drained him dry, end of story."

"Really Spike, that is your best attempt at reassurance?"

"Vamps don't do reassuring, " Spike snorts.

Giles glares and Xander just sits there with a blank look.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist Watcher. Said vamps don't do reassuring, never said this vamp doesn't, " he smirks. Then he pulls Xander to his chest and starts petting his hair. When the trembling eases he stops humming but never ceases the soothing petting.

"Now luv, tell Spike all about it. What's bothering you the most pet?"

"Its just-I know he was a bad man and you and G-Man were just trying to help, but I just wanted to forget. Okay, I wouldn't have minded if Giles beat him up a little. Draining by a vampire is just so... final. He deserved to meet Bubba in jail, not so sure about the dead thing. What's done is done I guess. Just wish you and Giles had talked to me. Its like it left something unfinished, " Xander replies softly, " And okay, I could see Spike doing that without a chip. But for Giles to help you hurt a human, even a bad human, its just I was a little surprised. I'm okay, just give me some time to think about all this."

"Got it luv, time I got." Spike soothes his mate.

"Of course Xander. I quite understand the need for time, " Giles sits down beside the two and rubs Xander's back. He gives all of them a few minutes to just revel in healing touch.

"Quite. Well I hate to be the fuddy duddy but we still need to talk. Would you like something to eat or drink before we start?" Giles asked.

"Yeah, how 'bout a Coke and a Twinkie?" Xander suggested.

"Right Pet, I'll get it. Feelin' a bit peckish meself."

"Hey Fangless, don't mix the drinks up. That would not be of the good, " Xander gives a shudder.

"Oi whelp, can tell soda from blood, " Spike snorted then belied the seeming disdain by carefully transferring his precious burden in Giles' lap. After a brief moment of surprise the Watcher gathers up the youth.

"Don't break 'im Rupes, " Spike snickers as he heads off to fix snacks.

"Pillock, " Giles mutters as quietly as he can.

"Ta Watcher!" comes from the kitchen.

Giles sighs, cleans his glasses, and cuddles Xander to his chest. His 'son' has been broken, his 'son' has been hurt, but his 'son' is in his arms and dignity can piss off.

Xander is rather startled when he feels Giles shaking. He reaches up to pat his face and is shocked to feel wetness-Giles is crying.

"G-Man?" Xander questions quietly.
"Its quite all right Xander. Everything just got to me. I am pleased you weren't killed. You will heal in time. You are just so broken. I don't quite know what to do, " Giles says softly. He blows his nose then goes back to holding Xander.

Spike comes in to this cozy scene and quietly puts the food down. He sits by the other two men but doesn't take his mate back. He's itching to hold him again but like it or not the Watcher needs this too. Giles takes a shuddering breath to clear the last of the tears then gently puts Xander on the couch between them.

"Thank you, " Giles says to Spike. Not really expecting a response.

"S'okay Rupes, I understand, " then Giles is treated to a very rare animal-a genuine smile from Spike.

"I hate to interrupt this Hallmark moment but can we eat now G-Man?"

"Don't call me that horrid name Xander."

"Sorry Giles, I'm hungry, let's eat! Hey! I asked for Coke and a Twinkie! This is milk and a cheese sandwich. Where's my sugary goodness!" Xander whines.

"Not eating that rot till you eat some healthy stuff whelp. Don't argue with the vampire or you'll never see another Hostess snack cake luv, " Spike growls.

"Ulp, " Xander starts eating his sandwich, chewing more vigorously when he realizes he's starving.

" 'S good Spike!" he compliments around a full mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, do I have to raise you too?" Spike says with no real malice.

Xander just grins around his sandwich. Giles sighs and Spike snorts.

"Do I get my Twinkie now?" Xander asks with a grin.

Spike rolls his eyes and gives Xander the coveted snack cake. His eyes light up like Spike just told him Hostess home delivers.

"When you two are quite finished worshipping the Sugar God we need to have that talk, " Giles cuts in with an eye roll.

Both Spike and Giles give a look of disgust when Xander stuffs the rest of the cake in his mouth and chews with rounded cheeks.

"Need to teach you manners Pet, " Spike chuckles as Xander swallows then sticks his tongue out.

"Are you two finished?" Giles asked dryly.

"Yep G-Man."

"Ready Watcher."

"Why do I bother? Very well, let's get started. Xander, I have scheduled your first appointment with a psychiatrist I know. You will see him as often as you feel necessary for the next month, then you will see him once a week for six months. I have already discussed Spike with him and he has said he may attend. If you need to talk at other times Spike and myself are available. Daniel will return for a final check-up at the end of the week. After that you will see a doctor once every year, more often as needed. Until you are no longer a minor you will live with me. Spike is welcome to stay but he must behave himself. I think that covers everything. Do you have any questions?" This last is drowned out.

"Oi, I don't behave! Not a soddin' animal!"

"Whaddya mean the doc's coming back? I thought I was done! What's with the yearly physical? I'm healthy!"

"QUIET!" both Spike and Xander shut up abruptly.

"Yes, right, now you may speak, " they both open their mouths to talk, "ONE at a time please."

Spike gestures to his mate, he said his peace.

"What is this thing about doctors? I know I have to talk to someone but I'm tired of people touching me, " Xander says, frustrated.

"You'll go whelp. Just have to." Spike says succintly.

"Ta Spike. I am sure that is a lot of help to Xander, " Giles cleans his glasses. "Xander, Daniel is only coming back for a brief check-up. It will be your choice as to whether he shall become your doctor. I want to make sure you stay healthy so you will continue regular yearly check-ups. We shall discuss education later. There is no arguing, that is just the way it will be. You will be well cared for, whether you like it or not."

Xander laughed, " I think I can handle that."

Spike just smirks and nods at Giles.

Part Twelve

"Yes, well, if you will excuse me I have some phone calls to make. I am sure you are quite capable of amusing yourselves without destroying my home."

"Oi Rupes, take all the fun away. Was thinking you need to re-decorate, " Spike grins mischievously.

"Hush Spike or he'll never let you stay! Please be good for me?" Xander gives full on puppy eyes.

"Put those away luv! Spose I can find something or rather someone to amuse meself with, " Spike says with a leer.

"Whoa Spike, so not interested yet!" Xander backs up so quickly he falls off the couch.

"William the Bloody, you will act with decorum in my home and around my son, " Giles says sternly as he helps Xander up.

"Just meant we could play some cards Watcher. Not my fault you blokes have dirty minds, " Spike smirks.

"Yes, well, I have work to do, " an embarrassed Giles walks off.

"He called me his son. Wow, Spike, G-Man said I was his son. Dad always told me I was the worst mistake he ever made and he's my own flesh and blood. Giles-picked-me!" Xander just stands there with a goofy grin on his face. Spike waves a hand in front of his mate's eyes.

"Whelp, I picked you too. Didn't weren't this thrilled about it, " Spike says a bit sullenly.

Xander finally snaps out of it and looks at the vampire.

"Spike, I did so! Ew, you are jealous of G-Man, of my DAD?! No way! Giles is Dad to me, so not into incest, " he gives a shudder, " I like you a different way Spike, " he finishes shyly then takes the vampire's hands.

"Not Soddin' jealous, " Spike snarls but allows Xander to cuddle him.

"Fine Spike, you aren't jealous. You merely don't want to share with Giles. Not jealous at all, " Xander snickers and Spike growls.

"Right, might've been a little but you are mine! Not sharin' that, " Spike mutters.

"We just had this talk Spike. I am so not interested in sleeping with Giles! Can you say EW! I'm not interested in sleeping with you right now, so don't get excited, " Xander is shaking again.

"Pillock, " Spike says affectionately and gathers Xander into his arms.

"Can wait luv. Never have to do anything you don't want. 'S too much, just tell me, " Spike says gently as he nuzzles Xander's hair with his nose.

"I feel so lost sometimes Spike, like I will never feel right again. Sometimes touch feels good, soothing, even safe. Other times I want you and Giles here but if you touch me I feel like hiding under the covers. I hate this!" Xander yells, frustrated with everything.

"Hush luv, Watcher and I'll be here when you need us. Hands off when you don't. Been alive for over a hundred years and still amazed at how humans can match demons for evil. You will heal Pet, just takes time, " Spike nuzzles one last time then just holds him, letting the steady heartbeat soothe both of them. Soon the heartbeat slows even more as Xander slips into sleep. Spike gently picks up the much larger youth and stands. Giles comes in to check on them and sees Spike hefting a sleeping Xander.

"Don't ever hurt him Spike. You will wish you were merely dust, " Giles says softly.

"Right, Watcher, got it, same to you, cept the dust thing, " He re-adjusts his burden to hold him more securely. They nod at each other in complete understanding then Giles precedes Spike up the stairs to help tuck Xander in. Giles opens the door and waits for Spike to enter. Then he pulls the blankets down. Spike settles him on the bed, removing his socks and shoes. Giles removes his shirt and jeans but leaves the boxers on. Spike tucks his legs under the covers then tenderly pulls them up to the youth's chin. Giles smoothes a lock of hair out of his eyes. The love they feel for Xander is apparent for both of them in this unguarded moment.

"The bed is quite large Spike, " Giles trails off.

"Wot's your point Watcher? Fancy a shag while the kid's asleep? Have to be quiet so we don't wake him, " Spike smirks.

"I merely thought you might like to lay down with him-fully clothed. And Spike?" Giles says as he lays down on one side of Xander, "Don't flatter yourself, " he says as he puts his glasses on the night table and pointedly closes his eyes.

Spike snorts but makes no other comment as he lays down on the other side. Shortly all three are snoozing quietly.

Part Thirteen

Xander wakes with a start, momentarily unsure where he is. He starts to panic when two sleepy voices pull him back to the present.

"Go back to sleep Xander, its late, " comes from the Giles side of the bed.

"Lay down whelp, 'm comfortable, " comes from the other side.

Xander is still tired and would love to stay secure in this cocoon but he needs to pee! He very carefully extricates himself from between the two men and creeps to the bathroom. As soon as he leaves Spike and Giles, they grope for him. Finding each other they curl up together, both sure they are holding Xander. He comes out of the bathroom and stops abruptly, stunned.

"G-Man, Spike!" the shout brings both men rudely to instant wakefulness.

"Soddin Hell whelp! There better be a good reason for yellin."

"Bloody Hell Xander, what's wrong!?"

It takes all of ten seconds for it to occur to the two older men that they are snuggling each other. Both jump away with twin looks of disgust.

"What are you doing with your hand on me Spike! I told you not if you were the last man on this bloody planet, " Giles spits out.

"Oi Rupes, you were holding me. Never knew you felt that way about me," Spike smirks at the watcher, "

As for Xander? He's laughing so hard he's on the floor.

"Xander, are you quite all right?" Giles asks dryly.

"Whelp, ya hurt?" Spike adds.

Snort-"You and Giles, "-Guffaw, " Oh My God!"-Chortle, "Spike wasn't jealous of Giles for me, he wanted you for himself!" and Xander's incoherent once again.

Spike cocks an eyebrow at Giles who nods. They both slowly stalk toward their prey. Xander stops laughing and crabwalks away.

"Um guys, you uh, need something?" Xander asks apprehensively.

"Yes Xander, we do need something, " Giles says with a smirk of his own. "Spike, carry him over to the bed please."

"My pleasure Watcher, " Spike smirks in return and grabs the teen before he can escape.

"N-not funny G-Man!" Xander's struggles are for naught, Spike's intent is not to hurt him so he isn't getting zapped.

"No worries mate, we wouldn't hurt you, " Spike leers.

Giles sits down on the bed by Xander, Spike flanking him on the other side.

"The English have punishments for naughty boys Xander. I am afraid that applies to you. Spike is merely here to assist. Now do hold still, this will hurt me far more than it will you, " Giles says with a perfectly serious face except for that mysterious twinkle in his eye.

Xander pretends to be terrified.

"Spike, the punishment shall commence immediately, " Giles solemnly intones.

This is the last thing he hears the two men say before he experiences the tickling of his life. When he kicks, Spike sits on his legs. A stray slap earns him a Watcher holding his hands together with one hand and tickling him even more vigorously with the other.

"Ah, ah, none of that luv. Take your punishment like a good boy."

Xander doesn't have enough breath left to retort. Giles just snorts and keeps tickling. Things could and probably will be hair again later. But for now the room is filled with giggles, chortles, shrieks, and all the other sounds of a happy Xander being unmercifully tickled. Secure in his knowledge that he is loved and cared for.

Part Fourteen

"S-s-stop! Please!!" Gasp, " I can't take anymore!" Chortle, " I'll be good, I won't laugh if you want to sleep with Spike!" Snicker, "Okay, okay, I won't say anything else, I PROMISE," Xander finally managed to gasp out in between giggles. The tickling slowly wound down into a slow soothing petting. The only sounds heard now are soft reassurances from Giles, purring from the Big Bad, and labored breathing gradually slowing.

"I do hope you learned your lesson Xander. Spike and I do not want to have to punish you again, " Giles says mock solemnly.

"Watcher's right luv, " Spike smirks in mid-purr.

"I won't do it again G-Man, scout's honor, " Xander promises. Too bad he was never a scout.

"Now that that rather distasteful punishment is over you need to eat dinner, take a bath, and prepare for bed. It is quite late and your first appointment is tomorrow morning. I have a few more things to do so I am trusting Spike to take care of you. Do not cause me to regret this decision William, " Giles looks sternly at Spike.

"Oi Rupes, said you could trust me. Don't need to throw my name about, " Spike says sullenly.

"And I am not a kid G-Man. I have been taking care of myself since I was eight, " Xander says sulkily.

"Quite right Xander, you are most certainly not a child. Would it be so terribly distasteful to be coddled?" Giles asks calmly.

"Oh. Just I haven't been taken care of for a long time... It would be nice though. Guess I never thought of it that way, " Xander says quietly, refusing to look at either of them.

"Luv, let Spike take care of you. Won't touch you more'n I need to get you clean. Trust me Pet?" Spike adds in a pout for good measure.

"Okay, but I am still not a child and I'm only doing this to make you guys happy. It's not that I need any extra attention, " Xander sighs. Its been so long he can't even admit it feels good to be a child again and have someone take care of you.

"Right whelp, Watcher an I get it. Yer doin this for us. Better get Rupes, vamps to stake, demons to research, papers to write and all that rot, " Spike grins.

Giles looks suspiciously at the vampire but can see no guile despite a long hard stare.

"Behave William. Xander, do let him take care of you. I shall check on you periodically, " Giles says the last in Spike's direction but Spike continues to look like there's an invisible halo over his demon horns. A tarnished halo to be sure but he looks innocent enough for Spike. Giles tosses one last wary look in the vampire's direction then leaves.

"Right then Pet, you stay here while I get the bath ready. Back in a mo, " Spike tosses over a shoulder just before Xander hears the water running.

The sound brings Xander out of the daze he's been in since Giles and Spike told him he deserved to be cared for. With that the fear returns.

~He's going to take a bath. He's going to be naked. Spike's going to wash him-ALL of him. Spike will be touching him and he will be naked. What if Spike is naked? What if a naked Spike bathes a naked Xander? This is so not good.~

He panics.

Spike hears the increased heartbeat.

"All right luv? Bath's almost full, " Spike is cut off by the sound of Xander pounding down the stairs. The vampire curses as he hears the front door open and slam shut.

Giles is rather startled to see a barefoot Xander streak by him and out the front door clothed only in Spiderman print boxers. Just as he shakes that image out of his head a shirtless, jeans clad equally barefoot vampire races by throwing out a, " No worries Watcher, can handle this!" as he too slams the front door.

Giles sits there shaking his head for a full three minutes before his mind clicks on what he just saw. Four minutes after he saw Xander run out the door with Spike hot on his heels, Giles heads after them, grabbing up some weapons just in case.

Xander finally stops running to catch his breath. He collapses inelegantly on the ground. Just as he gets his breath back the automatic sprinkler comes on and he is drenched with cold water.

"Gah!" Xander wonders if this can get any worse.

Sarah and Sofy are walking home after their night classes. They are gossiping about all those things college girls gossip about when they catch sight of Xander.

Xander thought he was as embarrassed as he could possibly get. He was wrong.

"Nice boxers, " giggles Sofy.

"Nice night for an outdoor shower, " adds Sarah.

The two girls walk away, still laughing.

"Ya know whelp, there was a nice hot bath waiting for you. Didn't have to go out for a cold shower, " Spike says casually.

Xander is too embarrassed to look up.

Giles arrives just in time to see that Spike is handling this just fine.

"Its time to come home and dry off Xander. The night is rather chilly."

Giles and Spike help Xander get back. As soon as they enter the house he hisses with pain. Spike smells blood and curses. The bottom of Xander's feet are covered with cuts. Spike thinks for a moment then picks Xander up and carries him up the stairs. Giles gives a silent plea for Spike not to mess this up and then reluctantly goes back to his papers.

Spike carries Xander into the bathroom and sits him down on the toilet seat.

"Might want to put shoes on before you run off again luv, " Spike says calmly.

"S-s-sorry Spike, " Xander gets out through chattering teeth.

Spike tuts and puts him in the still full bathtub, boxers and all. Xander hisses again when the herbs in the water sting his abused feet. Spike figures this is going to be a totally silent bath when Xander starts muttering so soft its barely audible to Spike.

"You were naked and I was naked and you were going to touch me. I got scared. I want you to take care of me but I also don't want to give up control. I am so tired Spike."

"Hush luv, you aren't naked, 'm not naked. Won't touch you unless you want me too. Would like to clean up your feet and apply the cream to your bum. Can I do that Pet?" Spike wills Xander to trust him. He just wants his mate to let him take care of him.

Xander sighs, " Yeah, you can do that. Water feels so good. Can I have my bath first?" Xander pleads.

"Got it, bath first. Lie back and let Spike take care of you. Here, got somethin for ya. A pressie, " Spike gives Xander a small yellow rubber duck. He's astonished by the childlike wonder in his mate's eyes.

"Wow Spike, I never had one of these when I was little. Um, thanks. I'm gonna name him CJ, " Xander grins.

"Welcome Pet, " he snorts, " Whot's with the name?"

"Well, there was this guy in high school that was nice to me. I was part of the loser's group and he was popular but he never held it against me, " Xander says shyly. "Besides, I never heard of a rubber ducky named Spike, " Xander smirked.

"Oi, nothing wrong with my name whelp!" Spike pretends to sulk when Xander just laughs.

Giles comes in for a check when he hears Xander laughing. He goes back downstairs without looking in on them.

"Right then luv, time to wash. Don't need you sick, " Spike picks up the sponge and applies some shower gel to it.

Xander is a content puddle in the bottom of the tub and doesn't even flinch when Spike carefully removes the soaked boxers. He picks up each limp arm and soaps them thoroughly in succession. Xander jumps a bit when he soaps his chest and it tickles. Spike soothes him with a touch then lifts each leg out to soap them. He doesn't even try to wash the feet but lets the medicine in the water cleanse them. Xander shakes a bit when his butt and genitals are cleaned but Spike is quick about it.

"Okay Pet, close your eyes. Need to wash your hair."

Xander closes his eyes as water is poured over his head. He groans with pleasure as Spike massages his scalp with the shampoo. He moans in protest when the vampire stops to rinse his hair. Spike chuckles, then lifts him out and bundles him in a bathrobe before he can get chilled. He carries his precious bundle into the bedroom and lays him on the bed. He rolls him on his side, lifts the bottom of the robe, and applies the cream to his anus before he has a chance to tense. Spike pats him on the leg then rearranges the robe again. He gets the medical kit out and gives Xander's feet a cursory glance.

"Gotta get the Watcher, don't think the chip will let me take care of embedded dirt luv, " Spike says apologetically.

Xander gulps, " We can't just put cream on them too and go on?" he asks a bit fearful.

"Nah luv, don't need 'em infected. Stay put, " and Spike leaves to go get Giles.

Xander pulls his feet up to look at them and gives a grimace. Next time he puts shoes on before wigging out.

"Rupes, need you to clean his feet. Got stuff embedded in the cuts. Might need to stitch one or two. Fraid the chip won't like any of that, " He smirks. Normally he's all for some pain and suffering but this is Xander! Let the Watcher hurt him. He growls at that thought. But not too much.

"Very well Spike, " Giles sighs and follows the vampire up the stairs.

"Hi G-Man, " Xander says weakly.

Giles looks at him a bit worriedly as he rummages through the Scooby medical kit for what he needs. Spike sits down on the other side.

"Yes, right, well hold still, " Giles winces as he pulls glass, small rocks, and other unidentifiable debris out of numerous small cuts. Detritus gone he gives all of them a short break. Tear tracks of pain are drying on Xander's face and Spike is holding him close and petting him.

"Need to leave a pair of loafers by the front door for quick escapes Pet, " Spike breaks the tension and Xander laughs. Giles just shakes his head and gives his glasses a quick cleaning.

"Let's finish this please. It is as distasteful to me as it is to Xander. Spike, warm up his dinner and bring it up here. He isn't going to want to walk on these feet tonight, " Giles dismisses the vampire and checks the cuts for any that might need stitches. He is relieved that none are very deep, applies some Neosporin, and tapes gauze over the gashes. By now Xander is having trouble keeping his eyes open. Spike comes in with some soup and is thrilled Xander is so sleepy he lets Spike feed him. Spike gently wipes his mouth with a napkin and maneuvers the exhausted Xander into a clean pair of pajamas. He shakes his head at the fluorescent green frogs and salamanders cavorting on a bright orange background. He wonders how his mate sleeps when his clothes light up the room. Xander is asleep by the time Spike has him settled to his satisfaction. The two men settle down on either side of the sleeping youth.

"Spike, if Xander gets up and you curl around me again, " he leaves the threat unsaid.

"Right Watcher, same to ya."
Mutually understood, they go to sleep.

Giles hears an annoying buzz in his ear and wonders how bees got in the house. He blindly swats in the direction of the noise and finally manages to knock the alarm clock off the night table. The loud crash wakes Spike and Xander. Spike springs out of bed full game-face and Xander dives under the covers. Giles knocks his glasses off in his attempt to get the clock and shut it off. He blearily pats Spike on the head, thinking its Xander. Spike still has a game face so the incredulous look he gives Giles appears a bit odd. Its hard to look puzzled with fangs in your mouth. Giles finally finds his glasses, puts them on, then turns the alarm off. The blanketed lump between them is shaking. Spike snaps out of it and pulls Xander to him, blankets and all.

"S'alright luv, Watcher knocked the clock off, " he soothes. Slowly he peels the blankets away from Xander's face. As soon as he sees the vampire he calms down and lays his head on his chest. Spike glares at Giles like this whole thing was his fault.

"Yes, well, no more morning appointments we must set an alarm for, " Giles says in consternation.

"Nothing was attacking us G-Man?" Xander asks.

"Was just Rupes slaying the Big Bad alarm clock whelp, " Spike smirks.

Giles ignores the snarky blonde and shuffles sleepily into the bathroom to get ready. Spike snorts.

"Right then luv, time to get dressed while Spike fixes some brekkie. Don't want to be late."

Spike starts down the stairs and Xander is left alone, still blinking. What just happened!?

Part Fifteen

Spike comes up the stairs gingerly carrying a full tray-coffee, orange juice, toast, eggs, sliced cantaloupe, a bowl of Wheaties, bacon, sausage, a bran muffin, and a glass of milk. Perhaps he got a bit carried away. He enters the bedroom just as Giles comes out of the bathroom, looking a lot less rumpled. Xander hasn't moved. He's still sitting there, blinking sleepily.

"Up an at 'em Pet. Time for brekkie. Got all your favorites, " Spike lays the tray across Xander's lap and tucks a napkin in his pajama top.

"Spike, did you leave any food in my kitchen? I do believe you have not only Xander's favorites but everyone else's in Sunnydale as well, " Giles says in exasperation.

"Whelp's still growing Rupes, " Spike says sullenly. Despite the fact that he has been wondering the same thing.

"Do get ready Spike, we need to leave within the hour. There is an underground access in the garage. Here are the directions. I trust you can be there on time, " Giles says dryly.

"Oi Watcher, 'm never late. Underground in the building? Wot kind of a doc is this bloke?" Spike says, surprised.

"He's a friend of mine that treats more than humans. He specializes in violence trauma. There aren't many doctors in even Sunnydale that would not blink twice at a vampire entering the office. There are no others with direct indoor access. I trust you can behave yourself. There may be other nonhumans there. This establishment is a safe zone Spike, no fighting, " Giles finishes sternly.

Spike just smirks.

Xander is valiantly trying to make his way through the monster breakfast.

"Spike, please be good, for me? I want you to be able to come with me. I can't do with without you, " Xander says plaintively.

Spike melts, it wasn't even a fair fight.

"Yer askin a lot whelp. Won't start any but if anyone attacks me..." Spike leaves the rest unsaid.

"I suppose that is the best we can possibly expect of you Spike. Do try not to cause trouble, " Giles adds.

Spike just snorts.

"Done eating luv?" Xander nods, although it looks like the food hasn't been touched. Perhaps he did get a little carried away. He'll never admit that to the Watcher! "Let's go pet, doc's waiting. Feet hurt?"

Xander wiggles his toes and grimaces.

"Right then, " Spike abruptly picks his mate up over vigorous protesting from both Giles and Xander.

"Spike, might I suggest you let him get dressed?"

Its a good thing vampires can't blush.

"Knew he wasn't dressed, was carrying him into the bathroom, " Spike mutters.

Giles allows him the little fib... for now.

"That is good of you Spike, but his clothes are out here, " Giles comments.

Spike sulks and puts Xander back down. He quickly and efficiently dresses the youth. Xander is too bemused to protest. Spike looks at Xander's feet, thinks a minute, then puts Xander's bedroom slippers on him. They are very soft and will work better than shoes for his sore feet. Xander wriggles his toes and grins happily as Spike picks him up again. Giles just pinches the bridge of his nose and ignores both of them. He leads the way to the garage. Spike carefully puts Xander in the backseat, buckling him in. He sits on the other side then lays Xander's head down on his lap. Giles looks in the rearview mirror and sees Spike petting Xander, who's laying down.

"Spike, let Xander sit up. I am sure you are both quite comfortable but it is not safe, " he waits until Xander is upright before he starts the car. Spike gets the blanket out from under the seat and covers himself just as the car reaches the driveway. Giles looks in the mirror again just in time to see Xander curl up with the blanket-wrapped vampire. He sighs and decides to just drive very carefully rather than try to separate the two again. He stops near the sewer access and lets the vampire out. Xander looks longingly at Spike as he watches his vampire get out. Spike brushes his lips softly across Xander's.

"Meet you there luv, " and he is gone. Spike wonders if Giles picked the smelliest alley on purpose. He grimaces as he lifts the manhole cover and jumps down. Reading Giles' map he starts off.

Giles and Xander continue on their way. Giles looks in the rearview mirror and sighs when he sees Xander looking so lost without Spike.

"He will meet us there Xander. There is an entrance in the lobby as well as one in the underground garage," Giles says reassuringly. Oh bollocks, there was no reason to make Spike get out when the underground garage would have been perfectly safe. Giles wonders why he didn't realize that sooner and just figures, oh well, maybe Spike won't notice he didn't need to trek through the smelly sewer.

"I know G-Man, " then Xander says nothing more but continues to look at the door where he saw his vampire leave.

Giles pulls into the underground garage and sees Spike sitting on a low wall, smoking. He gets the two fingered salute and figures the vampire realized it too. He has a brief impulse to run him over but one look at the forlorn figure in the back quashes it. As soon as Giles turns off the engine Xander is out his door flying at Spike. Startled, Spike catches the boy and drops the cigarette. He is surprised Xander is sobbing.

"Now Pet, 'm here. Not sposed to be on those feet, " so saying he picks him up and cuddles him to his chest. Spike looks at Giles but he has no answers for the vampire. Both men are hoping to find some answers here. Spike follows Giles to the stairs and they head up to the ground level office. Giles pushes open the heavy glass door and Spike enter carefully, relaxing when he sees no windows and an empty waiting room. Giles checks them in and Spike sits down in a chair with Xander on his lap. Xander is much larger than Spike but he appears smaller all curled up around the vampire. Giles sits down beside them and shakes his head at Xander's behavior. Hopefully the psychiatrist can help Xander enough that he won't need to be sedated tomorrow for his check-up. Giles suddenly feels very old. He's not the only one. Spike is feeling every one of his one hundred and twenty some years. The receptionist looks sympathetically at all three. How could anyone hurt such a sweet kid? Spike growls when she looks too long and Giles glares.

"I do apologize Sandy, Spike is still learning manners, " Giles sneers. Not even here five minutes and already the vampire is going to get them kicked out.

"Its okay Mr. Giles, I've been growled at by his betters and I am still here, " she says cheerfully.

"Oi you bint. I am William the Bloody, a Master Vampire. There is no better, " Spike snarls.

"Honey, tell your grandsire Angelus that Sandy says hi, " she grins, " Its not like its a novelty for a Master Vampire to need psychiatric help. Dr. Romer's ancestor had a visit from the Master before he was trapped and the Slayer offed him. Nasty tempered demon."

Spike doesn't know what to say.

Giles just tries to hide a grin.

Her phone rings and she listens for a minute before motioning to the men to follow her. Spike picks up Xander again and follows. Giles hasn't heard Xander say anything or even appear to be listening. Sandy shows them to an office that looks more like a living room. Soft muted greens and blues decorate the walls and furniture. There are feel good posters in English as well as various demon languages. Spike sets Xander down on the couch and suddenly has a lap full of Xander. Giles gently gathers him up and rubs his back. Spike looks over at Giles and starts to growl.

"Do not even think about it William, " Giles says sternly.

Spike turns it into a snort and ignores him. The door opens and the doctor walks in. Spike stalks over to him and Giles starts to scold him again when the doctor motions him back.

"Its alright Rupert. Its not the first time I was approached by a vampire, " he holds his hands out as if to say, do your worst.

Spike completes his earlier growl and stomps back over to his mate. This is the second human today that has failed to run screaming in terror.

"We are here for Xander's sake Spike. If you like we can make you an appointment for your own neuroses later, " Giles says with a smirk.

The doctor forestalls the snarky comeback.

"Rupert is right. I need to talk to your mate."

The doctor sits down on the couch beside Giles, ignoring Spike's change to game face. Giles notices Spike rubbing his temples with no small amount of satisfaction. Xander slowly lifts his head out of Giles armpit and looks at the doctor. His eyes are red from crying and he looks terrified. The doctor doesn't look very scary. He's rather tall but thin and is wearing street clothes. His hair is carrot-top red and he has hazel eyes. The wire-rimmed frames give him a college professor appearance. The most startling fact is he doesn't appear to be that much older than Xander. The youth is still taking in the doctor's appearance but he is unfolding slowly from Giles' lap.

"Hello Alexander. I am Dr. Romer. Do you know why you are here?" he asks softly.

"Xander. Just Xander. I'm here because G-Man and Spike made me come, " he says hesitantly.

"Ah, an honest man, " the doctor chuckles.

"How about you? Do you think you need to see me?" he asked Xander.

"Well... Yes, I guess I do. Be kind of hard to carry Spike and Giles around with me all my life, " he smiles.

"Yes that would be rather obvious. Why don't we make it your goal. Today we can just talk and get to know each other. We don't have to discuss anything specific. Now Rupert tells me you go see Daniel again tomorrow. Would you like to talk about that?"

"Tomorrow? Spike, G-Man, it hasn't been a week. I know it hasn't. You didn't tell me I was going tomorrow!" he feels betrayed and the doctor sees a familiar look come over the teen's face. This is not the first nor will it be the last time he sees it. Maybe he can prevent this.

"Xander, I understand your anger and your fear. Let's try not running and talk instead. The door can only be unlocked by my key so there is nowhere to go, " the doctor says firmly.

Xander's eyes dart around the room once, he's right, there is no other way out. He looks at his feet a bit ruefully, its not like running has been working out too well. He sighs and slumps back down. Spike tries to pull him into his lap and Xander finally lets him after a brief struggle.

"Luv, Watcher an I changed the doc's visit after your feet. Want to make sure we fixed 'em right. Watcher's worried yer sick. Ya sleep a lot an don't move much. Was gonna tell you soon, " Spike confesses. "Trust us Pet, please."

Actually Giles didn't talk to Spike at all but Xander needs solidarity.

"Okay, I guess I can see that. I suppose its my fault for running around without shoes. Go with me?" he begs.

"Course luv, no doc'll touch my mate if I'm not there, " Spike snorts.

"Xander, I was going to call Daniel before the incident last night. Your physical health has me greatly concerned. You did nothing to cause me to reschedule. I told you that I have your best interests in mind whether you want to do something or not, " Giles assures Xander it was not his fault.

"There Xander, you get much further by talking to them than by running and hiding. Is there anything else you want to talk about today?" the doctor questioned.

"Yeah... I think I love Spike and G-Man's Dad to me but sometimes I want them to touch me and other times I want them to leave me alone. Spike gives me a bath because my butt..., " he colors red, " Um sometimes its hard to let him, " Xander is so embarrassed.

"Ah well, that's not an easy one. And there is no easy answer. It will be some time before you can touch and be touched without thinking about it. I'm going to recommend some touch therapy you and Spike will do together. There will be some things you can continue at home. Its a process where you get used to touch all over again. You start out with the impersonal and over time you graduate to the more intimate. I want your doctor's report before I prescribe therapy. I need some bloodwork done that he can get for me. I'll check to see if you have any imbalances in your system from all of this that may require some medication for awhile. Just long enough to remind your body how to cope. I think we have talked about a lot of things today and you have a busy day tomorrow. I want you back here in two days. I should have gotten your reports by then, " the doctor finishes.

"So how do you know my doctor?" Xander asks curiously. He is doing much better and simply holds Spike's hand.

"I always know my brother. I've known him all my life, " Dr. Romer chuckles. "His offices are upstairs and mine are downstairs. He treats the body while I fix the heart and mind. We have found it very useful since some of our clients don't enter our building on their feet. If Daniel had not come to Rupert's house he would have brought you here. Any more questions?"

Xander shakes his head, overwhelmed.

"Okay then, we'll see you tomorrow when you come through for Daniel's visit."

He shakes hands with Giles and an amused Spike. Xander starts to get up and is picked up by Spike.

"Ah, ah, off your feet luv, " and he heads out the door with Xander firmly in his arms again.

Giles stops the doctor at the door for a private consultation.

"Will he be okay? He seems so broken, " Giles says sadly.

"Rupert, he's broken yet, but not to where he can't be repaired. Time, love, caring, support. That's your prescription. And I hate to tell you this but William will have a lot to do with his recovery. Don't let the Slayer dust that one unless you want to lose both of them, " the doctor added seriously.

Giles cleans his glasses but doesn't disagree. The doctor smiles and walks him out. Spike is sitting in the lobby glaring at Sandy who is blatantly ignoring him. Giles rolls his eyes and gathers up his two charges. Its a pretty quiet ride home. Xander is looking out the window and valiantly trying not to think about the doctor's visit tomorrow. Spike smells the fear and misery but is proud when his mate just grabs his hand. Spike gives it a careful squeeze and goes back to making faces Giles can't see when he looks in his rearview mirror. The Watcher knows Spike is doing something but ignores the vampire in favor of listening to Xander snicker. Its worth it.

Part Sixteen

Giles pulls into the garage and turns around just in time to see Spike sticking his tongue out in game face. Giles raises an eyebrow at the vampire then turns back around and gets out. Spike looks at his mate who is holding his stomach he's laughing so hard. He shrugs off getting caught and tugs Xander out of the car, into his arms. He scowls when Xander continues to snicker.

"Not that funny luv, " Spike mutters.
"He caught you, " Snicker, " Sticking your tongue out between your fangs, Spike, " Chortle, " Not very dignified, " and he's off into gales of laughter again.

Spike glares and dumps Xander ungently on the sofa. He bounces a couple of times but it just makes him giggle. Spike stalks sullenly into the kitchen to get Xander's lunch. Giles gives a long-suffering sigh, puts the TV on Cartoon Network for Xander, then follows the vampire.

"Don't see what so soddin' funny, " Spike murmurs.

"Spike, if Xander is laughing at you he is not worrying about his appointment tomorrow. I would rather he found you amusing than be chasing him down the bloody street again. Do stop acting like a spoiled teenager and be glad your mate is not crying. I should like to have a little talk with you. Please do sit down, " Giles motions to the table and waits while Spike reluctantly sits before he seats himself.

"I had a talk with Doctor Romer after you and Xander had left. He expressed an opinion that concerns me. It appears that Xander's recovery is extremely dependent on you, " Giles takes a moment to clean his glasses, " I do not approve of this relationship and I certainly have my own reservations. Nevertheless, I must do what is right for him. It pains me to admit that this appears to include you."
Spike smirks.

"I need not repeat the usual tedious threats of bodily harm I trust, " Giles looks sternly at the vampire.

"Rupes, he's my mate. Won't harm him. If I could bite him me demon would promise too, " Spike says in frustration.

Giles is in a quandary. Spike biting Xander will guarantee his 'son's' safety but as a Watcher he was trained to prevent vampire's from biting. He reaches over and slides the spell book into his lap. Spike sees the motion but he doesn't dare hope. Rupes would never agree to him biting the boy! Normally the vampire would be right but Giles is desperate. If Xander is ever to make any real progress he needs someone to lean on. Someone that could protect him. Spike could be trusted with a Claim. Xander seems to have already chosen the vampire. Giles runs his hand through his hair and sighs. In-laws with William the Bloody, won't Father be proud.

"William, do not betray my trust. The consequences will be ghastly, " Giles snarls. He recites a quick incantation then glares at the vampire.

"Do not hurt him more than is necessary. The reverse spell is only one word. I trust I will not require it, "Giles adds.

"Oi Rupert, won't hurt me bloody mate! No need to keep nattering on like a bloody woman, " Spike sulks.

It takes him about two minutes to catch on.

"I can bite 'im?!" he asks with a bit too much eagerness for the Watcher.

"You may bite him for the Claim only William. I would not allow even this much if I felt it was unnecessary for Xander's well-being. I shall be watching him very carefully. If it appears you are hurting him more than is required I shall dust you and damn the consequences. Let's get this over with before I realize I'm quite off and reverse the spell, " Giles scowls.

Spike bounces happily in his chair.

"Right mate, ready, " Spike grins and stalks into the living room.

Giles rolls his eyes and follows the vampire-What was he thinking?

Spike practically vibrates with excitement.

"Whoa Spike, you act like G-Man just gave you permission to hunt, " Xander smirks.

"Nah luv, he just gave me my bite back, " he smirks back.

"Temporarily, " Giles sternly adds as he gathers a cross and stake before sitting beside Xander.

"Hold still luv, it only stings for a minute, " Spike says eagerly and starts to lunge for Xander's neck.

Two things happen simultaneously. Xander scrambles into Giles' lap and Giles brandishes the cross, causing Spike to hiss and fall back.

"William! You owe him an explanation before you simply bit him, " Giles says, incredulous.

Xander just eeps and crawls closer to Giles at all this talk of biting.

Spike looks cutely sullen in game face but reluctantly shakes his fangs away.

"Luv, Watcher said I could Claim you. Somethin about you needin me support, " Spike says abruptly then looks plaintively at Giles, " Now can I bite 'im?"

Giles gives him the evil eye.

Spike sighs and tugs on Xander. Reluctantly his mate allows him to hold him.

"Pet, long version. Doc told Rupes you need me. Watcher thought despite his better judgment that he agreed. Bein a Watcher he knows best way is the Claim. Claim you an my demon will protect you too. Can I bite you luv, please?" Spike pleads.

"Spike, Slayerettes are supposed to avoid vamp bites at all costs. And ya know, I so don't like needles. Those fangs look a lot bigger than needles. I bet it really hurts!" Xander objects. He's spent all this time being told vampire bites are of the bad and now Spike wants to bite him. Well G-Man can just reverse that no-bite spell because the Xand-Man ain't doin it! Besides, its creeping him out that Spike is so eager.

"Xander, did I or did I not assure you I would only act with your best interests in mind? I do not enjoy the fact that Spike seems to be the best thing for you. Having been bit myself in the course of my years as Watcher I can confirm it does hurt like Bloody Hell, " Giles starts.

"Watcher! Vamp can do a better job of reassuring the whelp than you. He'll never let me bite him with yer idea of 'elp, " Spike interrupts sarcastically.

"Spike, I merely believe you should be honest with Xander," sniffed the Watcher.

"Honest, " Spike snorts.

Xander wishes they would quit discussing him like a three course dinner. He sneaks off to bedroom while they continue to bicker. He's so tired of people making decisions for him. Hells, after this maybe he will just bite Spike and Giles. Giles so didn't help telling him to let Spike bite him when he admitted he doesn't like to be bit himself. Once again Xander is the virgin sacrifice. He flushes red at the appropriateness of that last thought. What if he made a decision to let Spike do this? Yes the thought was wiggy but at least it would be HIS decision. Okay, let's weigh the facts: both Spike and Giles says it hurts, Spike's demon will protect him, it will totally change his current relationship with Spike, and the most important fact of all-he loves the vampire. He's scared to death but he does love him. Decision made he sighs and heads back down to his vampire. That actually feels kind of nice. Spike would be his too. Xander wasn't going to be Spike's toy. He was determined this be mutual. His steps slowed as he thought about a physical relationship. He shuddered and nearly ran back up the stairs again. He can't do this!

Spike and Giles stop arguing long enough to notice Xander hesitating on the bottom step. Spike sits him down and checks his feet. Xander gives a look a disgust, he was so upset he forgot about them. Now they are making it clear to him what they think of this running off thing he tends to do.

"Luv, we discussed that running thing at the doc's. Going to talk now, " Spike says sternly.

Xander shouldn't feel chastised but he does.

"Well you guys are always choosing what I am supposed to do. I feel like I have no control. I mean G-Man tells me it hurts then you tell me to hold still and just like that I'm supposed to bare my neck! Pardon me if letting a vampire bite me gives me the wiggines, " he says sarcastically. "It doesn't make me feel any more secure when you start licking your lips at the thought of sinking your fangs in me. And does this mean you are going to have to have sex with me because forget it! I like you alot, probably love you but I won't do that. Not even for you. You can bite me but no shagging, " he finishes. Xander lays back against the couch, tilts his head, and squeezes his eyes shut. "Okay, I'm ready, " he pushes out through tightly clenched teeth.

"Pet you are so ready yer going to pop a vessel. Going to hurt like a bitch. Relax whelp, " Spike prompts.

Xander stops clenching his jaw and loses none of his present stiffness.

Spike sighs and very gently strokes one finger down Xander's neck.

"Break me fangs off if I try to bite now."

Xander jumps at the vampire's touch. Spike lays Xander's head down in his lap and starts petting his hair. It takes fifteen minutes for the muscles in the youth's body to unclench. Spike continues petting him until he is nearly asleep. This is more like it. Xander gives a brief protest when Spike shifts out from under the boy's head and Giles takes his place. Spike kneels down in front of his mate. Soon he really would be his Mate. Giles rolls the Xander puddle on his side and starts stroking his back.

"What are you doing G-Man?" Xander says sleepily.

"Just relax Xander, " Giles says in a calm, even tone. A little hypnosis couldn't hurt.

Spike continues to pet Xander's hair as he shifts to game face. Giles momentarily considers stopping this when he sees a vampire baring his fangs at a teen he considers his son. Spike senses it and briefly flashes Giles a look of reassurance. There is something terrifying about those yellow eyes showing concern but it works for the Watcher. Spike turns back to Xander and strikes as gently as possible. Xander jumps and Giles holds him still until the pain recedes. Spike strokes the neck on either side of his teeth and purrs. Xander calms and the vampire takes two quick swallows. Once again he has to fight to urge to spit it out. There is still so much pain and misery in his Xander. Giles is relieved when Spike moves away from Xander and his face shifts back to human. Spike waits for the Watcher to reverse the incantation.

Giles occupies himself by wiping the marks on Xander's neck with alcohol. The boy hisses at the sting and pushes the Watcher's hand away. Distracted with is thoughts, Giles lets him.

"Spike... I do hope you never give me cause to regret this. I note that this will go against everything I was taught as a Watcher. If Xander did not need you so much and need your protection I would not even consider it. Realize that I can still reactivate it in an instant if you give me cause. But Xander's enemy is currently humans, " Giles pinches the bridge of his nose as Spike cards his fingers through his Mate's hair and puzzles out what Giles is saying. He is stunned when it hits him.

"Rupes, I can keep me bite? Not mojo-ing the chip back?" Spike is shocked, excited, and uncertain all at the same time. Xander was safe as a vampire's Mate and Giles could certainly take care of himself as could the other Scoobies. But what about the rest of Sunnydale/ Could he control the demon's bloodlust? Well they still had patrol. Plenty of violence there. He is a Master Vampire. If a Master is not able to stay in control he might as well be an animal-a minion. With his bite he could protect Xander from anything and anyONE. He could have protected his Mate from that wanker Josh.

"Word of William the Bloody, Rupert. Hasn't ever been broken. Won't harm any human that doesn't come after me or mine, " Spike snarls. It has the sound of an oath and Giles is convinced the vampire is sincere.

"I accept your word William. The chip shall remain deactivated until such time as you prove yourself unworthy of your word, " Giles replies just as formally.

Spike gathers his Mate into his lap. Xander is his and he's got his bite back. Nothing will ever hurt his love again.

Giles notes the possessive vampire and sighs, In-Laws with William the Bloody. Oh Dear God.

Part Seventeen

Xander is not asleep but he is still floating. He won't ever be alone, he's Mates with a vampire. Spike loves him in a forever kind of way. Getting bit wasn't very much fun but Spike tried hard to do it fast. And it felt good when he stroked his neck. Spike protects him from the bad people. But wait-Josh was human. Spike is vulnerable to humans. Spike can't prevent the Joshes of the world from harming him. He started thrashing wildly. Josh could still hurt him!

"Pet, Pet! Stop! Wot's wrong, " Spike held down the struggling youth. He was very glad there was no pain accompanying the action.

"Josh can hurt me. You can protect me from mean demons but Josh can hurt me! No humans Spike, no humans!!" Xander says frantically.

Giles sits down by the two on the couch and squeezes a flailing hand.

"Xander, Josh is dead. Remember? You were quite upset at Spike and I for that incident. He is buried in the ground and will not ever rise. Relax son, he's gone. Xander... I am not reactivating the chip. Spike has given me his word he will only use his fangs to protect his Mate. That is you. I am not always with you and he is. Do you still trust me Xander? Do you want the chip reactivated?" Giles worries.

"Spike can protect me from humans? Can he bite the Doctor? Will he bite me? How do you know you can trust him? How do I know I can trust him? What if he goes on a killing spree and offs all of Sunnydale?" Giles cuts through the babble.

"Xander, Spike gave me the word of William the Bloody. No he may not bite Daniel simply because you want him to. And I doubt even William the Bloody is capable of killing everyone in Sunnydale, " Giles comments dryly.

"Could if I wanted to, " Spike mutters sullenly.

"Spike, do shut up."

"G-Man, can Spike bite him if he hurts me?" Xander puts in eagerly.

"Xander, doctor's often need to do things that we may not consider pleasant. Spike may not bite him just for doing his job, " Giles tells the boy sternly.

"Sides Pet, not a dog. Can't sic me on someone like a bloody animal, " Spike smirks.

Xander is disappointed but still excited about the Claim. His very own vampire. And to think his Mom wouldn't let him keep that garter snake he found when he was seven.

Spike eyes the mark on his mate's neck and can't help grinning to himself. His human. He followed me home Angelus, can I keep him? No you can't eat him you big pillock!

Giles decides he doesn't really want to know why Spike and Xander are both laughing at absolutely nothing.

"When you two are quite finished I shall have lunch ready in the kitchen, " Giles comments.

He walks into the kitchen shaking his head.

"C'mon Spike, I wanna sandwich. Come with me?" Xander pleads.

Spike snorts but follows his Mate into the kitchen. He's about a pint low himself.

Xander warms Spike a mug of blood and shyly gives it to the vampire.

"Ta luv, " Spike salutes with the mug and starts drinking his lunch.

Giles puts a ham and cheese sandwich and a glass of milk in front of Xander.

"Hey Rupes, no sandwich for me"

Giles glares and Xander snickers. Giles raises an eyebrow at him and he starts eating his food, never losing the smile.

"Spike, I will be unavoidably detained tomorrow. I trust you will be able to handle Xander's appointment. Daniel has already been informed and will be picking you up first thing tomorrow."

"But G-Man, you aren't coming? I thought both of you were gonna be there. Do you have to do this now?" sandwich forgotten, the lost sound is back in his voice.

Spike gets out of his chair and pulls his mate back against his chest while glaring at Giles.

"Do not give me a reason to reactivate the chip William. It is unavoidable that I be absent and I do hope I can count on you, " Giles glares right back.

"Right then Watcher, can't be helped. Whelp's safe with me. Gonna take him upstairs now an talk to him for a bit, " Spike picks Xander up and takes him back to the bedroom. He tucks him in the bed and curls up beside him.

"I don't want to go without Giles, Spike, " Xander murmurs into the vampire's chest.

"Aw luv, told you I would stay put. Have your own Master Vampire Pet, don't need the Watcher. Nap now, we'll talk later, " Spike says firmly.

When his Mate is this lost it works best to treat him like a child. When Xander is this lost he doesn't object.

"Sing for me please?"

Spike snorts, "Don't sing luv."

"Please Spike. Nobody's sung me to sleep since I was really little, " he enlists the puppy dog eyes.

"Sing what?" Spike caves

"Well Mom used to sing, 'You are My Sunshine, " Xander puts in.

"Wot? No soddin way! Bloody Hell Pet, not singing that! Aw luv, no crying. 'M not singing that song. Please, no more tears, " Spike is begging. If anyone found out he sang that song...

"Knew you didn't really love me, " Xander brings out the big guns.

"Oh Soddin Bloody Hell, FINE!" Spike snarls.

Xander curls more into Spike's chest to hide his smirk.

Giles is still cleaning up downstairs so when he hears the Big Bad singing, 'You are My Sunshine' he drops the plate he's washing. As for Xander, he's asleep. He got William the Bloody to sing him a nap lullaby and he went to sleep knowing his Mate is wrapped around his fingers.

Spike growls very softly as he snuggles his Mate in a protective embrace. He can't soddin believe he did that. Nobody better have heard him...

Giles sits down at his desk, open his journal of William the Bloody, and begins to write. Every once in a while you hear him give a small chuckle.

Later that Day~

Xander felt like he had an anvil on his chest. He peeled his eyes open and had a close up view of a sleeping vampire. Spike was using him for a body pillow. Xander pulled one of his arms out from under the vampire and stroked his soft hair. Spike stretched like a cat and leaned into the caress.

"Nice vampire, good vampire, my vampire, " Xander muttered nonsense.

"Git, " Spike said affectionately. He lifted up his head and rested his chin on Xander's chest.

"Hi Spike, " Xander grins goofily.

"Hi Pet, " Spike snorts.

Xander continues the goofy grin. He loves Spike and Spike loves him. He has a Master Vampire for a Mate. A Master Vampire that can bit him again. EEP Xander scrunches his head down to hide his neck. Not enough. He pulls his shirt up to his nose.

"Luv, you cold? Can get you another blanket, " Spike offers.

"Its okay, 'm good, " voice muffled by the cloth.

"Xanpet, what's with the shirt?" Spike is puzzled.

"Um, neck was cold and now its not."

Spike reaches up and pulls the shirt back down. Then he scoots up enough to lick Xander on the nose.

"Won't bite 'less you ask luv, " then he lays his head back down on the boy's chest.

"I knew that, " Xander mutters then he starts trying to scoot out from under the vampire.

Spike is starting to doze off when the surface he is laying on starts bouncing and rolling.

"Earthquake, whelp?"

"Nah Spike, just the usual human stuff. Need to take a leak, " Xander sits up with the vampire. He starts to stand but is scooped up before he can.

"Um, Spike, I have to pee."

"Not walkin luv, " Spike retorts stubbornly.

"No way Fangle-er Fang. You are so not helping me. Forget it!" Xander futilely tries to wrench himself out of the vampire's arms. Spike doesn't budge. He kicks the vampire's shin.

"Ow, " Spike says with a smirk.

"But the chip! Why-Oh. So not fair, " Xander sulks as his Mate carries him into the bathroom and helps him go pee. He's only done this alone for the last sixteen years. Spike reaches to tuck him back into his pants.

"Back off, no touching Xander's um, bits, as you would say, " he glares at the vampire and fixes everything himself.

Spike flashes yellow eyes at his mate but lets him do it himself before carrying him back to the bed.

"Spike, I'm boooored!" he whined. "I'm tired of being in here. I want to do something besides sleep, ": he pauses for a minute, " What do you want to do?" he asks Spike.

"Vampire here luv, we get off on fighting, feeding, killing, and shagging. Gives the term, 'Paint the town red' a whole new meanin', " he smirks.

"Well the feeding part sounds okay but not the blood because, ewwww, " He takes a deep breath, "How about we go out for dinner? I kinda would like to get out of the house for something other than poking, prodding, and getting my head shrunk. I-I don't want to go alone. Go with me please?"

"Out of the house Pet? course I'll go!" Spike is so happy. Other than doctor's appointments and his impromptu run the other night, Xander hasn't wanted to leave the safety of the house. This was the first real sign of healing he has shown.

"Really? You would go out with me? Wow, Cordy always made out in closets. This is like a first date. What should I wear? Oh God, maybe we should order in. Yeah, I'll call someone to come here, " Xander reaches for the bedside phone.

"No Pet. We're goin out. You can do it, " Spike stays the hand then starts digging through the dresser for clothes.

"Watcher have anything besides tweed, " he says in disgust.

Clothing is starting to pile up on Giles' floor.

"Spike, you are making a mess. The G-Man is gonna be so not happy."

Spike snorts and just keeps digging. Finally he pulls out a sapphire long sleeved silk button down and a pair of black jeans. No they are not leather, that would be Angel's dresser. Spike looks up triumphantly and then looks for his Mate. The youth is buried under mounds of Watcher wear. Spike finally removes one last Oxnard shirt from Xander and uncovers two amused chocolate eyes.

 

Part Eighteen: The First Date

"Hi Spike, " Xander said with a goofy grin.

"Hello Pet, " Spike chuckles as he pulls one lone sock off the top of his Mate's head.

"So um, out huh?" Xander says reluctantly.

"Out luv. Already got a place in mind, " Spike says firmly.

"Guess I can't change my mind now, " Xander sighs.

Spike slowly starts stripping the boy in response.

Xander sits there a bit bemused as his vampire carefully buttons the silk shirt up. He is capable of dressing himself. He very cooperatively sticks his feet out so Spike can pull the socks on and slip loafers over them. He kind of likes this coddling thing.

"This feels like dress up, " Xander snickers.

Spike doesn't answer in words and he had to wipe the leer off his face when Xander squirms uncomfortably.

"Look good enough to eat whelp, " Spike comments then flashes his fangs, " Snack before dinner?" he teases.

Xander relaxes, " Sorry Spike, I don't want to spoil your supper. Now if we stay here, " he tries again.

"Right luv, time to go. 'Dad's ' lettin us borrow the car, " he smirks.

Xander shivers with excitement and a little fear as the vampire gathers his mate in his arms. He starts to complain but decides to rest his head on the vampire's chest and snuggle instead. He feels safer with Spike and figures right now he doesn't care what it looks like.

Spike carries him down the stairs and into the garage. He unlocks the door and sets Xander down on the passenger seat. He closes the door and rounds the car to the driver's side. Getting in he notices a Post-It note on the steering wheel.

*Spike,

Do try to have Xander home before ten, he has a long day tomorrow.

Giles AKA Dad

Spike snorts, starts the car, then pulls out of the garage. He hands the note to Xander. Xander quickly scans it then blushes. His own parents never seemed to care if he came home at all. He very carefully folds the note and puts it in his pocket.

Spike sees him keep the note and gives him a tolerant grin.

"Need to get it bronzed, mate?" Spike teases.

"No! Its just, well, he cares Spike, " Xander mumbles.

"S'okay whelp, just teasing you. I know, " Spike assures his Mate.

He pulls into the parking lot and actually finds a spot right by the front door.

Xander looks up, sees they are there, and frantically clutches Spike's hand.

Spike lets him take his hand and uses the leverage to pull the youth into his lap. He pets the hair and purrs.

"Relax luv, can wait till you are ready, " Spike calms Xander.

Xander sighs but lays back and tries to stop panicking. Its just dinner, he can do this.

"O-Okay, I can eat. I mean I can do this. Just-let's go before I change my mind again. Can I-Can I- Um, gimmie your hand please?" Xander pleads.

"Course luv, " Spike opens the door and pulls his Mate out without letting go of his hand.

Xander clings to his vampire as they enter the restaurant.

"Welcome to Jack's Place. Your waiter is Larry and he will seat you momentarily."

Xander eeps and hides behind Spike. The door greeter is a little startled but he takes it in stride and motions the waiter over.

Larry snatches up two menus and sidles around the blonde man that is glaring daggers at him. Like he would interfere, these two are adorable!

"Right this way gentlemen, " Larry puts a hand on Xander to get his attention. Oh my, did the other man just growl at him?!

Xander pulls himself together and whispers calming words to his Mate. Spike shakes his head and just barely avoids game face. Xander is what's important, not ripping Larry's throat out. If he rips Larry's throat out they will get thrown out and Xander won't get to eat.

Larry shivers as the blonde man's eyes flash gold and quickly shows the two men to their table. He feels like someone has just walked over his grave.

Xander finds himself petting Spike in a major role reversal.

Larry gulps and carefully hands over the menus, making no sudden moves.

"Um, sorry, he can be a bit overprotective, " Xander stammer out then leans into Spike at having to take the initiative.

The pain, terror, and uncertainty in his Mate's voice drags Spike out of his, 'Must kill human, ' mode.

"D-Drinks?" Larry stammers out.

"Coke please, " and Xander hides his head in Spike's neck.

Spike pets him, " Bloody Mary mate."

"I'll be back for your order, " Larry almost runs back to the kitchen.

"Spike, home please, " Xander mutters into the vampire's neck.

"Nah luv, already here. Gonna eat, " Spike says sternly.

"Wanna burger and fries-to go, " Xander tries again.

"Can do it Pet, not leavin, " Spike kisses him softly on the forehead.

Xander melts and leans against the vampire.

Larry comes back with the drinks and almost says, 'awww', out loud. They are so cute! Something is wrong with the younger man. His reactions are familiar but he can't quite pin them down. He pastes on a friendly smile and pulls out the pad and pen.

"Are you read to order?"

Spike gives his mate one last pet before stacking the menus and jerking a thumb at Xander.

"Whelp wants a hamburger and fries. I don't eat-mate, " Spike says with a sneer.

"Okay... it'll be about fifteen minutes sir. Anything while you are waiting?
Spike growls.

Xander stirs from his half-doze on Spike.

"Its okay Spike, he's not really scary. He's even kinda nice. You-You don't need to go all, 'grrr'. I can do this, " he says with more determination than he feels. He flashes Spike a sick smile.

Nice kid and the other man really seems to care but what kind of a name is Spike, a bemused Larry thinks as he places his order with the kitchen. What is he so afraid of? Its like he's actually scared around him. He didn't flinch when Jenny came by to ask if they were okay. So its just guys... Oh no, it couldn't be. He remember that feeling. He's reacting just like Larry did ten years ago when his ex-boyfriend got a little frisky. That blonde man better not have hurt him. No, no, that doesn't feel right. Its more like he's very protective of him. So someone else. Well this Spike fellow really should be more careful. He should watch the fangs. Don't be so shocked, this IS Sunnydayle and he's worked the late shift. Not every citizen ignores what is right in front of their faces. He is a little surprised the youth is still alive. He thought they usually eat and run! He's been thinking so long the food is ready when he looks back up.

"Spike, home? Please!" Xander is almost sobbing.

Spike sighs and waits for Larry to get back with the food.

Larry cautiously approaches the table and again wishes someone would look at him like that. The vampire has an arm around the teen and is brushing the hair out of his eyes. Maybe he's been dating the wrong species! he sets the food down on the table.

"Can I get you anything else?" he asks, unwilling the interrupt the tender scene.

"Box it, Pet wants to go home, " Spike is trying not to snarl, his Mate is scared.

"Oh, okay, " a lot softer, " Watch the fangs, you don't want to start a panic in the restaurant, " he smirks.

He scurries away quickly to get a box. He can't believe he just lectured a vampire. He grabs the takeout box then heads back to their table.

"Here you go sirs, thank you for eating at Jack's Place, please come again soon, " he spits out then hurries off with Spike's glare following him.

Spike looks after their waiter with narrowed eyes as he dumps Xander's dinner in the box. Xander just leans against the vampire and shakes as Spike throws money on the table. He picks up his mate, not caring if anyone gives him a strange look. Xander and dinner in his arms he stalks out and gets in Giles' care. He lets Xander lay his head on his lap. He cards his gingers through his Mate's hair as he drives back to the Watcher's more carefully than anyone ever imagines he can. He pulls into the garage and turns off the engine.

"I couldn't even go out to dinner Spike, I'll never be better, " Xander sobs.

"Proud of you luv, " Spike answers.

"R-Really?" Xander asks, surprised.

"Pet, you tried. Almost made it. Even talked to that waiter bloke. Did good Xander, " Spike adds as he gathers him up and carries him into the kitchen. He fixes a plate with Xander's dinner then warms up a mug of blood for his own. Spike watches his mate as he reluctantly eats. Xander doesn't really believe Spike but just the fact that the vampire bothered to talk to him about this makes him feel all gushy inside. He's nodding off over his hamburger when Spike wipes the ketchup off his mouth and carries up to bed.

Spike tenderly tucks him in and lays down with his arms around Xander.

"Love you Spike, " Xander says sleepily.

"Love you too Pet, " Spike says mechanically.

He said it!! Boy actually said it!! Spike goes to sleep with a dopey grin on his face.

Giles checks on the two and tucks the blankets under Xander's chin. He sighs and carefully removes the vampire's Doc Marten. He just doesn't want the dirty boots on his nice clean bedding. Now if he just keeps telling himself that...

Part Nineteen

Giles is the first one awake the next morning. He carefully shoves the vampire's leg off his own then slides Xander's arm off his stomach. Both males grumble but then curl around each other. Giles creeps down to the kitchen and starts making breakfast.

Xander blinks sleepily, the wonderful smells downstairs are making his stomach rumble. He looks over and sees Spike sniffing the air with his eyes still closed.

"C'mon Spike, lets go. G-Man's got breakfast!" Xander pulls the vampire out of bed and snickers when Spike rubs his eyes like a child. Having a human Mate is really messing with his vampire sleeping schedule.

Spike scowls at the snicker but he can't stay irritated with that scent tickling his nose. He blindly follows a bouncing Xander down the stairs and into the kitchen. He sits down in the chair Giles indicates and gropes for the source of that enticing smell. His fingers curl around a cool, smooth, handle and he lifts the cup to his lips. Flavor explodes across all of his senses and he almost moans with pleasure. Human blood! This was no livestock special and it practically vibrates with life. In fact, it smells familiar.

"For pity's sake Spike it's just blood, not a bloody orgasm. I didn't donate it so you could let it get cold, " Giles says crossly.

Xander chuckles and then notes the band-aid at the crook of the Watcher's arm.

"Wow G-Man. First you cuddle him then you give him some of your blood. Should I be jealous?" Xander starts giggling.

Twin scowls directed his way just causes him to laugh harder.

"Do not call me that Alexander, " Xander stops laughing and tucks into his sausage and eggs.

"I merely thought Spike could use a dose of human blood and forgotten to purchase any. I do have some to spare, " Giles sniffs and drinks his coffee.

"Ta Watcher, didn't know you such a Nummy Treat, " Spike smirks, Giles snorts into his coffee and Xander makes a noise suspiciously like a snicker.

"I do suppose that is a vampire's idea of a compliment. You are welcome William, " Giles says with an eye roll.

Spike finishes his blood and slowly and almost whimpers when he realizes its gone. Xander starts giggling at the look on Spike's face but it turns into an, 'ew' when the vampire starts licking the inside of the cup.

"Can I just say EW again? That is so gross Spike!"

"Oi Whelp, seen you lick leftover ketchup off your plate, " Spike says indignantly.

"That is so not the same! You are drinking 'Dad's' blood and enjoying it. More like worshipping it!" Xander says with distinct revulsion.

"Ta Pet, 'M a vampire. You like that Hostess rot. Can't help it if Rupes tastes so bloody good."

Its pretty apparent Spike is only keeping this going to rile Xander.

"Ewwww! Keep talking and I'm so gonna lose my breakfast, " he gives a shudder and Spike smirks.

Giles is torn between wondering if he should feel flattered his blood tastes so good to the vampire or if he should start wearing garlic.

Spike deliberately licks his lips just to see Xander make his Ew face again. He looks so cute with his nose all wrinkled up. Giles rolls his eyes at both of them.

"If you two are quite finished discussing the merits of my blood you might notice it is almost time for Daniel to arrive, " Giles interrupts dryly.

"Ulp, n-now, " Xander gulps.

Spike glares at the Watcher, he had the boy all relaxed.

Giles sighs and grabs his paper to read in the living room.

"You are letting him win too much Spike, " he says firmly as he leaves.

Spike continues to glare until the Watcher is out of sight.

"C'mon luv, time to get dressed, " Spike expedites things by picking up the protesting youth and hauls him up the stairs. He hears Giles greet Daniel and figures he doesn't have much time.

"Spike, I feel fine!" as his pajama top is replaced by his shirt.

"My butt doesn't hurt anymore and I can walk on my feet, " off comes the pajama pants and on go the jeans.

"Okay, okay they both still hurt but it hasn't been a whole week so that's probably okay. They don't hurt near as much anyway."

Spike puts on his socks and shoes and picks him up once again. This time he slings him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He takes him downstairs and stops in front of Giles and Daniel.

"Ready doc, " he walks out the door and puts Xander in the doctor's unlocked care. He does NOT always let the boy win.

Part Nineteen B

Giles and Daniel look after Spike, bemused.

"Well that's my cue Rupert. I guess I better leave before your vampire tries sitting on him. We'll be in touch, " Daniel leaves before Giles can respond.

"Bloody Hell man, he's certainly not MY vampire, " he responds, horrified. Its bad enough Spike is his son's vampire without that terrifying thought. He watches as Daniel gets in his car and drives away. Xander's face is pressed to the back window and he sighs, hoping this visit doesn't end in disaster. He chuckles briefly as he remembers the sight of Xander slung over Spike's shoulder.

"Spike, I don't want to go!" Xander whines.

Spike grits his teeth, he will not let the boy win, even if the whining his hurting his soddin ears.

"We should be there in just a few more minutes Xander, " Daniel interjects calmly.

"If we're just a few minutes from your office then we're also just a few minutes from home, " he retorts with a glare.

Spike snorts and Daniel laughs.

"Not goin home luv, " Spike manages to spit out.

Frustration is causing the vampire to shift in and out of game face. His speech is a little strange with fangs flashing in and out.

Xander sinks down in the seat and sulks.

Daniel pulls into the underground garage just as the sun finally makes an appearance. Spike looks around to make sure nobody sees him and relaxes in relief. The whole ride he could feel the sun itching between his shoulder blades.

"William, I was very aware of the time for sunrise. If we had been delayed I would have done this, " and he flicks a switch in the car.

Xander is startled out of his sulk as the windows turn into sun shutters. He snickers as Spike goes into game face and growls.

Spike snorts, he will not admit he was scared nor will he confess admiration for the nifty windows. And he was not surprised by them. He went to game face because... well he just felt like it so sod off!

"No need for show an tell doc, wasn't worried, " do saying he slings Xander over his shoulder.

"William, speaking as his doctor that looks disturbing, " Daniel shakes his head and leads the vampire through the offices.

Sandy smirks at Spike as they walk by her desk. He growls at her and she yawns. Spike sulks as they walk up the steps to the second floor. Daniel opens the door to the exam room.

"Put him in there please. I'll be back in a minute."

Spike drops Xander on the table and takes a seat in the chair.

Daniel heads into his office and pushes the button on the intercom.

"Xander is here. I'll buzz you if I need you, " he tells his brother. After getting an acknowledgement he walks across the hall to the examination room.

"William, please help Xander out of his clothes and into a gown. They are in the drawer at the end of the table. I'm just going to gather my equipment and wash my hands."

"Right doc, let's go luv, " Spike rummages in the drawer and picks out a blue gown with yellow ducks. He hands it to Xander with a smirk.

"No way Spike! I'm not wearing a kid's gown, " Xander yells stubbornly.

"Actually that is an adult gown Xander. Manufacturers of exam gowns use some pretty silly fabrics, " Daniel interjects.

"Don't care, pick another Spike, " Xander pleads.

Spike is frustrated. He's tired of everyone calling him William and he doesn't want to make his Mate do anything else. Digging through the gowns he finds one that will stop this argument-to-be in its tracks.

"Here luv, " he smirks as he hands Xander a bright pink on with little white bows.

"Gah!" Xander drops the gown in disgust and glares at Spike as he takes the blue one. He reluctantly strips off his shirt and jeans then quickly pulls the gown over his head.

Daniel looks over as Xander pulls off his jeans and watches him pull the gown on with a frown.

"Boxers too Xander, " he says firmly.

"What! Uh uh! I'm not taking them off, " Xander's just about had it.

Unfortunately for him, so has Spike.

"Pet, boxers off. Listen the doc, " he tries.

"Spike, it hasn't even been a week. It was supposed to be a week. Let's go home and in a week I'll cooperate, " he grins.

Spike grins back at his Mate. He continues to grin as he holds Xander down and rips the underwear off. He even grins as he tears them to shreds.

Xander gulps and when Spike lets him up he sits quietly on the bed.

Daniel watches this interchange with a raised eyebrow and ignores Spike's glare. He picks up the tray with the blood equipment and walks over to Xander. The teen looks at the needle wide-eyed.

"Spike..., " and that's as far as he gets.

"Not one word whelp or I use me fangs for this instead of him using the soddin needle, " Spike snarls.

"Ulp, kay, " and Xander holds his arm out meekly.

Daniel braces the arm on the table, ties a piece of rubber tubing around his upper arm, swipes the crook of the elbow with alcohol and reaches over for the syringe.

"Okay Xander, quick pinch, " and the needle slides in.

Other than his eyes widening at the sharp prick Xander doesn't react. Its doesn't have anything to do with Spike flashing his fangs when Daniel turned to get the needle.

Spike gives a satisfied smirk as the blood is drawn without incident.

Xander waits until the needle is out and Daniel turned around again before he sticks his tongue out at the vampire. Spike vamps out and sticks his own tongue out between fangs.

Daniel is in the process of tagging the vials when he hears the giggling. He grins at the vampire and Spike shrugs.

"No free taste test this time, doc?" Spike smirks.

"No William, I need to give Jose something to do in the lab, " Daniel laughs.

"Ewwww, " Xander scrunches his face up.

" 'M a vampire, luv, " Spike retorts.
Daniel shakes his head at the byplay, putting on his gloves while the vampire distracts the youth.

"That is so gross Spike. Hey, do I taste as good as G-Man?" he asks curiously.

"Dunno whelp, Watcher tastes pretty good, " he says as he exaggeratedly smacks his lips.

"William, sit on the table please. Okay, now lay down across his lap Xander. No, not like that. Lean against the edge of the table."

Xander continues to argue with Spike as Daniel lifts up the bottom of the gown and lays it on his back.

"Okay, only one finger and really quick. Here we go, " and Daniel parts the teen's cheeks gently.

"Eep!" Spike takes a firm hold before Xander can bolt. He uses one hand to pet his hair.

"Deep breaths luv, " Spike says lovingly.

Daniel is a little concerned the tears seem to be inflamed.

Xander shivers and tries to ignore the doctor touching him.

"William, have you been putting the medicine in the bath water and applying the cream?" Daniel questions sternly.

"Whelp's been tired a lot, " Spike says defensively.

"Let him go William, we need to have a little chat, " Daniel says, glaring at the vampire. He covers Xander back up and waits until the Mates are sitting normally.

"William, you are a Master Vampire and Mated with a human. It is your responsibility to make sure your human is take care of. The fact that he is a minor makes it even more important. If you have to sit on him to do it, Xander must do what I tell him, " Daniel chastises the vampire.

Xander is smirking at Spike's lecture when the doctor turns on him.

"And you, young man. William may be a pushover when it comes to his Mate but you are old enough to understand he is concerned for you and not push. I know that means enduring some unpleasant things. Sometimes we as doctors need to touch you when you would prefer we don't. At nineteen years old you know you'll have to grin and bare it. Pun intended, " Daniel finishes firmly.

"But it hasn't even been a week and it hurts when Spike touches me there! That medicine you gave me for the bathtub stings, " Xander states sullenly.

"Xander, if those tears don't start healing better its going to really hurt when I lance them to drain infection. As it is if you had let Spike do as I requested this would be your last exam. You have to come back next week, " he finishes quietly.

"Next week??! But!"

"Don't but me young man. And stop telling Rupert and William that you are tired just to get out of whatever you don't want. You have both of them worried you are sick and we both know that's not true."

Xander gulps then looks at Spike.

"Sorry Fangl-er Spike, " he fiddles with the gown and won't look at Daniel.

"S'okay Pet. Doc's right though, " he pauses, " Xander, " Spike waits until the teen looks up, startled by Spike using his name. He takes his chin in his hands.

"Not winnin anymore luv. Love you, you git an I'll make you cooperate if I have to, " the vampire says with resolve in his expression.

"Eep, " is Xander's sheepish response. He doesn't bother to say he won't fight him anymore. He will try harder but both men know the boy doesn't always react positively when he's scared.

"Never hurt you if I don't need to pet, promise, " Spike holds Xander close for a minute. If he wasn't a vampire this would be called a hug.

Daniel gives them a minute.

"Okay, let me see your feet, " Daniel states as he pulls Xander's legs to where he can examine the soles of Xander's feet.

He notes approvingly that all of the cuts are clean and even the worst are healing nicely.

"You and Rupert did a good job, William. There is nothing further that needs to be done. Continue to keep them clean, let him walk on them unless they become sore, and no more panic attacks barefoot, " Daniel smiles.

Xander blushes, "G-Man and Spike bought me a pair of slip-ons just for that, " he says with a red face.

Daniel laughs.

"Whelp all done, doc?"

"Yeah, can I go home yet?" Xander asks hopefully.

"just let me give you your instructions William. Give Xander a medicated bath at least once a day. He needs to soak for about half an hour. Check the tears when he is dry and apply the cream I gave you every time. No exceptions. If he hollers, apply it anyway. If he refuses, hold him down and apply it anyway. If he falls asleep, quietly apply it anyway. If at anytime you see red streaks, white streaks, etc., call me. However if you do what I just told you there won't be any infection, " he says with a scowl directed at both of them. Then he walks over to the drawers and gets out the biggest needle he can fine, showing it to Xander.

"THIS is what I will use to drain those if they do become infected. Its not fun Xander, but the alternative is worse."

Xander gulps.

"Okay William, let him get dressed. Do you want to speak to my brother before you go Xander?"

"He's not already busy?" Xander is surprised.

"No, we run these offices a little differently. We each only see two patients a day and our appointments are concurrent. You would not be the first patient to talk to Alex after my tender mercies, " he grins.

"I-I'd like to talk to him if I can, " Xander confesses.

"Get dressed and come on down to his office. I'll let him know you are coming, " Daniel smiles and leaves.

"Coming Spike?" Xander requests.

"Not goin without me luv. Lets get your kit on, " the vampire helps Xander with his clothes and smirks when Xander realizes he no longer has boxers and its his own fault and proceeds to blush.

"No more fights with Master Vamps luv, " Spike says with a tight grin.

"Still say its not fair," Xander mutters.

Spike ignores him and they both walk down the stairs and into the room they were in just a day ago.

___________________________________________________________________________

Part Nineteen C

Alex meets them in the doorway and shuts the door behind them.

"You survived your appointment I see, " Alex grins and Xander gives a small smile.

"Yeah, it was okay... Still tired of people touching me and now I have to come back in a week, " Xander leans against Spike for comfort. The vampire puts an arm around him and pets his hair.

"Still having a real problem with touch?"
"Yeah and now that Spike's my Mate its even worse. Most of the time touching him comforts me. Other times... I fight him when he has to touch me to do stuff, " Xander admits.

"Ah... Well why don't we go ahead and start the touch therapy. For right now all we need it William but later on I need you to bring a friend. I don't want it to be Rupert either. It won't help to pick someone you already trust.

There are two parts to this first exercise. I want you and William to lay naked on a bed. You could also sit on a couch. You don't have to touch him. I just want you to get used to being around a naked man without panicking."

"Whelp's not gonna sit naked with this friend, " Spike interrupts.

"No William, this exercise is for becoming intimate. There are other exercises for friendship. I need you to keep your hands off Xander when you do these unless he tells you its okay.

The other exercise is for the bathtub. I want you to make Xander a very relaxing bath. Lots of warm water, bubbles, candles, low lights, etc. Make it as peaceful as you can. Put Xander in the water and sit behind him. I want you fully clothed for now and him naked. If he had a problem leave his underwear on. Needless to say, if he's panicky wait a while. This is supposed to be helpful, not terrify him. Do you both understand all right?"
Xander's head is swimming and he looks at Alex with glazed eyes. Spike takes one look at him and picks his Mate up in his arms.

"Got it doc, see ya next visit, " and he carries Xander out of the room to the entry door. Daniel is waiting for them and leads the vampire back to the car. Spike lays Xander down in the back seat then slides in beside him. Daniel gets in and switches the sun protection on. Spike pulls Xander up and cuddles the youth as they head back to Giles'. Daniel pulls as close to the open garage as he can. He opens the dash and gets a spray bottle out.

"Give me your hand please William."

"Wot?"
"Its a sun spray Alex developed. I wouldn't give this to a typical vampire in off the streets. The average nightwalker would use it for daytime feedings. Cover all of your skin with it from head to toe. It will give you two hours of safe sun exposure. If there is an emergency and you have to say out and you have forgotten your spray you will have two more hours but a nasty sunburn as well. Two hours of protection free of harm then two more hours of a bad sunburn before you go up in flames. He's working on a solution that will double the time. Alex often is working on things for our demon patients. He likes to putter in the lab.
Anyway, don't let any other vampires steal it and tell us when you need more. Take care of Xander. Remember what I told you about letting him get away with so much. Now put this blanket on and dash into the garage before you fry yourself trying to get your Mate in the house. Let me spray your hands so you don't have to cover them, " Daniel grins at the stunned vampire. Spike shakes off the open jaw look and lets him spray his hands. Daniel rolls his window down a crack and Spike cautiously extends one finger. When it doesn't burn or even feel hot he grins. He wraps the blanket around himself and Xander, then dashes through the garage. Daniel drives off.

Spike sets his Mate down on the sofa. Giles hears them come in and enters just in time to see Spike stripping in the middle of his living room. Xander is asleep so Giles tries to yell quietly.

"What in the Bloody Hell are you doing?! Spike, do put your clothes on! William!" Giles says, bewildered.

"Oi Watcher, keep yer knickers on. Just testing somethin, " Spike smirks.

"William, MY knickers are not presently off. And are TESTING my patience, " Giles growls.

Spike ignores the Watcher and coats is now nude body with the spray.

Giles watches as Spike stands behind his front door then opens it carefully and systematically exposes various parts of his body. He raises one eyebrow when the vampire never starts burning. He drags the madly grinning vampire inside, shutting the door.

Spike raises a scarred eyebrow as the Watcher runs a hand over the vampire's unburned skin.

"Remarkable, " Giles is so impressed he doesn't notice he's touching a naked Spike rather intimately.

"Like feelin me up Rupes?" Spike leers.

Giles suddenly notices he is on his knees at Spike's groin running his hands over the vampire's upper thigh and stands up so quickly he staggers, nearly falling over.

"Bloody Hell, " he says quietly as he starts a furious glasses cleaning.

"Oi, thot I was going to get me first blowjob from a Watcher, " Spike sulks.

"Yes, well, shut up Spike, " Giles sighs.

Spike smirks again and Giles glares at the vampire.

"Got it from the doc, can stay in the sun four hours. He trusted me with it, " Spike says with a proud grin. Nothing can upset him right now.

"Ah, well, Daniel. I see. What did he have to say about Xander?" Giles states, still flustered.

"Doc said whelp's walkin all over me and chewed me out bout taking better care of him, " Spike scowls then grins again.

"Did he give you any specific instructions?" Giles asks, exasperated.

"Said Xander needs more cream and gotta give him more medicated baths. Somethin bout him getting an infection. Gave me permission to sit on 'im, " Spike smirks.

"Excuse me?" Giles says with fire in his eyes.

"Relax Watcher, bloke just told me I gotta medicate him even if he don't want it, " he sighs.

"Said whelp might be getting infected so we gotta make him let us help. Lectured me right good, you'd be proud, " Spike snorts.

"Ah, I see. Very well then, lets get him upstairs. He will sleep better in bed, " Giles picks him up before Spike can.

"My Mate Rupes, vamp strength, give 'im 'ere, " Spike holds his arms out.

"My SON William and I wish to carry him. Do go upstairs and turn down the blankets rather than bicker about petty details, " Giles says sternly.

Spike sulks but stomps up the stairs to get the bed ready.

Giles waits until the vampire is out of hearing before groaning. He loves Xander with all his heart but the teen is not small. He gets a better grip and trudges up the stairs. Outside the doorway he takes a deep breath and straightens back up. His posture is fairly normal by the time he kicks the door open carefully and the vampire looks up from his task.

Part Twenty

"You need to give him his bath when he wakes up Spike. He should be fine for now, " Giles puffs out as he lays Xander on the bed, removes his socks and shoes, and then straightens up painfully.

"Shoulda let me carry the whelp, Watcher, " Spike smirks.

Giles just glares at the vampire as he removes his shoes and socks then puts his glasses on the night table.

"Rupes?"
"I am laying down with Xander, Spike. He does tend to have some rather nasty dreams after a visit with Daniel. You are free to do so as well, " he says and closes his eyes.

Spike snorts but he lays down on the other side of his Mate. The Watcher's right, Xander has nightmares after his doctor visits. He hopes his Mate feels safe with the two of them and has a peaceful nap. Spike's had a long day already and is asleep rather quickly.

The vampire is sleeping soundly when a noise wakes him. He keeps hearing tiny whimpering sounds and peels his eyelids open. Giles is laying with one arm off the bed, one arm flung across Xander, and both legs akimbo. His snoring is loud enough to wake the dead but that's not what woke this dead person. Xander is curled up in a little ball against Spike's side with one hand clutching the vampire's shirt so tightly his knuckles are white. The whimpering is coming from him. Spike peels the youth's fingers apart, rubbing them to restore circulation. With the other hand he starts rubbing his back gently and purrs. The soothing vibrations calm Xander and he opens his eyes sleepily.

"Spike?"

"Here luv."

"G-Man?"

"Don't call me that Alexander, " Giles says absently in his sleep.

"Safe?"

"Never safer Pet, " Spike says as he gathers Xander to his chest.

"Kay, " Xander says, not really awake.

"No more sleeping, need to get yer bath. Don't want doc yellin' again, " Spike says as he shakes the teen carefully.

"Sleep good, bath bad, " Xander says with a yawn. He tries to curl back up around Spike.

"Right then, nap till the water's ready. Be back, " Spike rolls Xander into Giles' side and he heads into the bathroom.

Xander sighs and falls back asleep with Giles.

Spike goes into the bathroom and starts filling the tub with warm water and the medicated powder. A few swishes of his hand and the water is a soft green. The vampire is blinking sleepily just from the pleasant scent of the mixture. He can't believe this stuff stings his Mate. He growls at the thought of Xander lying to him. Grrrrrrr, maybe the whelp isn't too big to spank. The vampire gives one last curious look at the inviting appearance of the medicated water. He nips the end of his finger lightly, just enough to break the skin, then cautiously dips it in the water.

Xander and Giles nearly leaped out of their skins at the yelp from the bathroom. Xander clings to Giles, wondering if something is eating his vampire. Giles cautiously tucks the boy securely under the covers and grabs a cross and stake as he creeps over to the bathroom doorway. He carefully peers around the corner and nearly drops his weapons in amusement as he catches sight of Spike scowling as he sucks on his finger.

"Problem Spike?" Giles chuckles.

"Powder doc gave me Mate? S'not medication, stuff's powdered battery acid!" Spike snarled.

"Don't be ridiculous William. Do you wish to alarm Xander? If he knew what you are carrying on about in here we would never get him in here without resorting to force or trickery, " Giles shushed sternly.

"Not stickin me Mate in the water, Watcher, " Spike retorted stubbornly.

"Oh that's just bloody wonderful. Now see here, you must be exaggerating. I do have a paper cut, let me try out this horrid water, " Giles says sarcastically.

Spike smirks as the Watcher plunges the finger in to the bath water. He clearly doesn't believe the vampire.

Xander shoots out of bed and races into the bathroom.

"Oh bloody sodding Hell! Spike, drain that water immediately and hand me the box. I cannot understand how you can mess up something so simple, " Giles says in disgust.

"Oi Rupes, can read the soddin box!"

"Um, guys, we aren't-we aren't being attacked?" Xander asks timidly. He's standing in the doorway shaking.

"S'okay luv, Watcher here mixed your bath stuff wrong and I was just lettin him know. Nothin wrong, " Spike soothes his Mate.

"I do beg your pardon, " Giles starts angrily.

"S'okay Rupes, we understand. Toddle off now and ask the doc for large print directions wouldya?" the vampire smirks. He wills the Watcher to read between the lines.

Giles looks hard at Spike and his eyes narrow but just before the vampire becomes dust he realizes Spike is distracting Xander and asking him to double-check with Daniel.

"Very well Spike, I shall call Daniel and find out what you are doing wrong, " Giles grits out. They need information about this medication before they end up scaring Xander.

"Not doin anything wrong, " Spike yells then drags Xander back to the bedroom and tucks him in bed. Maybe this is why the whelp is fighting the baths so much. Solve this problem and things might get a little easier. He cuddled Xander to his chest and hummed the boy's favorite song. Somehow it was less humiliating this time.

Giles called the office number but Sandy told him the brothers were both busy. She asked him if she could help.

#"Yes, if you could give me the dosage for the Feelood (okay, so I can't make up prescription names well, sorry!) powder? William has been using two cups for every gallon of bathwater. A recent experiment here has shown us this may be a bit inaccurate, " Giles says.

"Well, I have his chart right here. It says -oh my- you've been using two cups?! I'll say its inaccurate Mr. Giles. Its supposed to be two tablespoons to an entire bathtub. The amount you have been using would irritate so much it would do more harm than good. Ouch. It sure explains the problem you've been having with that sweet kid. I'll let Daddy know. Please call us immediately if you have any more problem, " Sandy said sympathetically.

#"Oh dear, thank you Sandy. I shall convey the message, " Giles thanks her as he hangs up.

He walks back up the stairs to the bedroom and sighs when he sees a vampire curled around his 'son'. He will never feel totally relaxed about this!

"Spike, watch Xander please while I make his bath. It appears even vampires can need glasses, " Giles comments dryly.

Spike just glares at the Watcher, he doesn't really want to delay the bath.

"B-Bath? Oh no... I don't need a bath. I'm clean, really I am. I am so fine. Bath bad, " Xander babbled.

"Now Pet, we talked about this. No more fighting with Master Vamps, can't win. Up we go, " and Spike

pries Xander's hands off the headboard so he can pick him up.

Giles adjusts the water temperature until it is more hot than cold and very carefully measures out two teaspoons of powder. He reluctantly sticks his cut hand under the water to mix the solution and is highly relieved when the cut merely burns for less than five seconds. He feels guilty when he realizes the mix-up is probably responsible for Xander's improper healing.

"But Spike, I can get a bath any old time really!" Xander pleads as Spike pries his fingers off the doorjamb to the bathroom.

"Calm down Pet, Watcher an I know about the bath now. Shoulda told us. It'll be better. Trust me luv, " Spike bends Xander's foot so it detaches from the towel bar.

"I trust you Spike, I do. Don't you trust me when I say I am clean?" Xander asks with a well-timed tear and the dreaded puppy eyes.

Spike stops trying to pry his Mate away from the wall and freezes. Soddin Hell, he said the whelp wasn't gonna win again.

Giles hears the exchange and sees the ultimate weapon disable the Master Vampire. He turns the water off and calmly walks over to the pair.

"Give him to me William, before you drop him, " Giles says with amusement.

Spike snaps out of it and finishes prying the teen's other foot off the toilet paper holder.

"Said he wasn't winnin Rupes, " Spike snarls as he dumps a fully clothed Xander in the bathtub before he can grab anything else.

"Quite. If I am needed I shall be in the bedroom, " Giles says primly and waits for the two on the bed. He'll be there if Xander tries that trick again.

"Glurble, " is Xander's coherent response to being dumped in the bathtub. He thrashes around as Spike hurries things along by tearing his clothes off.

"Hold still, whelp, " Spike scowls.

"Gonna have to take me clothes shopping if you don't quit tearing my clothes Spike!"

Xander grabs the snarling vampire and pulls him into the bathtub with him.

Giles runs in when he hears the tremendous splash and covers his mouth to hide the smile as the two in the water wrestle around, trying to dunk each other.

"Intriguing way of giving Xander a bath William, " Giles comments with amusement.

"Not, " Dunk, "Lettin, " Splash, " Him, " Pour cup of water over the boy's head, " Win!" and Spike succeeds in grabbing the slippery teen.

"Let go! Let me go!" Xander is frantic at being trapped.

"Pet, relax, not going ta hurt you. Stop larking about and feel the water you nutter!" Spike is game faced and snarling in frustration. He's also soaked.

Xander finally calms a bit and realizes the water feel nice. Its not burning. He sighs in relief and sinks contentedly into the water.

Spike scoots down behind him and wraps his arms around his Mate's waist, resting his chin on a broad shoulder. He chuckles when Xander sits back against his vampire with obvious enjoyment. Spike picks up the washcloth, soaking it in the medicated bathwater.

"Do call if he manages to overpower you again, Spike, " Giles comments with a smirk.

Spike scowls as the Watcher leaves the bathroom then softly runs the cloth over Xander's chest and arms. The idea here is not cleaning, its soothing and letting the herbs in the water soak into his Mate's skin.

"Close yer eyes, luv, " Spike says then he wipes the boy's face gently when Xander complies.

"S-Spike?" Xander begins hesitantly.

"Need something Pet?"

"Well you are already all wet... And I don't want to do anything with you yet. But could you take your shirt off so I can feel your skin on my back? I so don't want any um, private contact but Spike-with-shirt-off contact would be of the good. Just the shirt please? And you can still hold me but not other touching. I guess that's not really, " and Xander is cut off.

The kiss is so soft and gentle that he almost wonders if he really felt it. This is not a kiss of foreplay. This kiss speaks of feelings shared, caring and compassion. Its a kiss of love, not sex. And more importantly its a kiss that quiets the babble.

Before Xander can decide if he should be scared or feel giddy Spike puts a finger on his Mate's lips for silence. Xander pouts but then blushes as the vampire peels his soggy shirt off and gathers the teen to his chest. Held like a small child, cherished, Xander lays a hand on his vampire's chest and strokes the smooth skin. Spike rubs his Mate's back but never gets near danger zones. Both Mates sit in the water, wrapped securely around each other for another fifteen minutes.

Giles enters the bathroom with a towel for both of them. He uh, doesn't want Spike dripping all over his carpet. Yeah, that's it! He stops abruptly at the sight in front of him. Both sets of eyes are closed and if it weren't for the petting still going on he would believe they were asleep. He creeps back out of the bathroom, grab his camera off the dresser, and sidles up to the bathtub-camera ready. He would take the picture and scram but the ominous growling is putting him off.

"All new couples appreciate pictures, William, " Giles smirks as he gets a two fingered salute.

"Don't need a soddin piccie of me acting like a ponce, Watcher."

Xander is comfy on his vampire and tired of all the bickering.

"Please Spike? I want a picture just for me. Shows that someone cares, " Xander begs and cuddles closer to the vampire.

Giles counts the seconds mentally-10, 9, 8, 7...

"Bloody Hell! Fine Rupes, take the picture, " Spike snarls.

"Smile please William, this won't be a pleasant picture with you scowling, " Giles says and waits until the vampire stops scowling to snap the camera. He walks to the doorway

"After all Spike, you are Xander's first boyfriend. I am sure the girls will be thrilled. Oh and of course I am certain Angel would be interested to know his Childe's current paramour, " Giles chuckles as he waits in the bedroom for the vampire to catch up.

Spike continues to snarl and growl until Xander reaches up and pets his hair. Spike calms down and starts purring.

"Peaches?!" Spike screeches as he scrambles out of the tub, dumping poor Xander.

Giles hears the vampire and starts running as soon as the soaking wet vampire charges after him. Xander shrugs on his bathrobe and runs downstairs to watch the show. Giles heads out the front door with Spike following him. Xander loses sight of them until Giles races in the front door and yells an incantation. Spike hears the Watcher but he's going too fast to stop and is knocked down by the door barrier. Xander watches them both wide-eyed. Isn't he supposed to be the kid here? Maybe they should get time outs! He watches Ripper taunt the vampire with the Polaroid as Spike continues to growl and snarl.

"Invite me in luv, not going to hurt Ripper, just want the piccie."

"I think not Spike, I still have to make copies, " Ripper smirks.

"Luv, Pet, Xander, please. Want the Poof seeing the Big Bad cuddling a human? Can already hear 'im laughin in LA, " Spike is actually begging.

Ripper just chuckles. Giles hasn't been letting him out to play and he's interested in tormen-er playing with Spike.

Xander grabs the picture from Ripper, yanks a glass of water off the coffee table and flings it at the Watcher who appears to be losing it.

Giles wipes the water off his face and looks a little startled to see the vampire snarling outside still.

"What on Earth are you doing out there Spike, do come in! Xander hasn't even had his cream yet and you are messing about out of doors skulking, " Giles glares and stomps back up the stairs. The picture is safely in his pocket after Xander dropped it. Now where to make copies...

Xander and Spike both stare after the Watcher, totally confused.

Part Twenty One A

"Right then luv, " Spike begins, "Upstairs pet."

Xander gives him a blank look.

"Huh?"

"Cream luv, haven't done it yet, " Spike explains.

"Oh... Um, well, maybe later? I'm not feeling very good right now, " Xander fibs.

"Sick whelp? Better check, " Spike says with a frown and heads into the downstairs bathroom.

Xander waits until the vampire is gone then flops on Giles' sofa with a grin. He picks up the remote, puts the TV on Cartoon Network, and lays back. Spike's words suddenly register with Xander.

"Check what?" he asks himself.

Spike is in the bathroom muttering angrily as he rummages for the object he seeks.

"Should know better. Still an evil vampire. Where the soddin Hell does the Watcher keep it?! Tell me he's sick. Going to show him sick. Knows I can smell 'im lyin!" and more words that are just repeats along the same vein along with some snarling and growling.

Finally he finds what he's looking for and stalks out of the bathroom with a triumphant smirk.

"Found it Xander, " he states as he prowls over to the couch. His grin can definitely be classified as evil.

Xander shrinks back a little.

"Oh good. It is good right? Er, found what? Spike?" Xander says with trepidation.

"Thermometer whelp. If yer sick you should have a fever. Open up luv, " Spike grins.

Xander gulps but obediently opens his mouth and lets the vampire put it under his tongue.

"Ruffer Wumple Nargot, " Xander says. If he didn't have a thermometer sticking out of this mouth he would have been saying this really wasn't necessary.

"Shut yer gob Pet or I shove it up yer arse. Gonna act like a child I'll treat ya like one, " Spike snarls.

Xander hangs his head as Spike removes the thermometer.

"No fever luv, fancy that, " the vampire says sarcastically.

"Sorry Spike, " Xander mumbles.

Spike lifts his Mate's chin and forces him to look up.

"Mad at you but I do love you. Not gonna stop that cause you lie, " Spike tells him earnestly, "Gonna go upstairs and get it over with."

"O-Okay Spike... Love me, Really?"

"Course you git. Still in trouble," Spike growls.

"Eep, " is Xander's coherent response. He silently follows the vampire up the stairs. Spike didn't even raise his voice and Xander feels guilty.

Spike enters the room and motions to the bed without saying a word. He watches approvingly as his Mate lays down without even a grumble. He does wonder where the Watcher went, he thought Rupes came up here after that strange incident. He shrugs off the thought for now and turns back to his boy. He's laying on the bed shivering. He walks quickly over and sits down on the bed by Xander. He strokes gently down the teen's back.

"S'okay luv, not mad now. No shivers. Love you Xander. Just want you better an this is part of it. C'mere, " Spike says and he pulls Xander into his lap.

"Tired of being touched when I don't wanna be, " Xander says softly. He leans into the vampire in his misery.

"I know pet. Not for long, hang in there for me?" Spike asks.

"K, " his Mate says and lays back down with a sob.

"No luv, back up here, " Spike gathers Xander back up. He grabs the tube of cream off the nightstand and flips the top, laying it on the bed. He lifts the youth enough to pull the robe away from Xander's butt. His Mate sobs as his tender anus is exposed.

"Shh pet, Spike's here. No tears. Shh, " the vampire soothes as he picks Xander up off his lap, squeezes a dollop of medicine on one finger, then carefully applies the cream. The sobs increase as he touches his Mate . He wipes the excess on the sheet, pulls the robe back down, and rocks his human.

"I so hate that!" says Xander with a yell.

"Shh, all done, " Spike says as he pets the boy's hair.

In the next room Giles hears the scene unfold and fights the urge to run to his son's aid. Spike won't hurt him and he has a problem of his own. He rummages in a drawer for his address book as the sobs die down. He finds the number and dials.

"Alex? Its is Rupert Giles. It has begun again."

Part Twenty One A

"Right then luv, " Spike begins, "Upstairs pet."

Xander gives him a blank look.

"Huh?"

"Cream luv, haven't done it yet, " Spike explains.

"Oh... Um, well, maybe later? I'm not feeling very good right now, " Xander fibs.

"Sick whelp? Better check, " Spike says with a frown and heads into the downstairs bathroom.

Xander waits until the vampire is gone then flops on Giles' sofa with a grin. He picks up the remote, puts the TV on Cartoon Network, and lays back. Spike's words suddenly register with Xander.

"Check what?" he asks himself.

Spike is in the bathroom muttering angrily as he rummages for the object he seeks.

"Should know better. Still an evil vampire. Where the soddin Hell does the Watcher keep it?! Tell me he's sick. Going to show him sick. Knows I can smell 'im lyin!" and more words that are just repeats along the same vein along with some snarling and growling.

Finally he finds what he's looking for and stalks out of the bathroom with a triumphant smirk.

"Found it Xander, " he states as he prowls over to the couch. His grin can definitely be classified as evil.

Xander shrinks back a little.

"Oh good. It is good right? Er, found what? Spike?" Xander says with trepidation.

"Thermometer whelp. If yer sick you should have a fever. Open up luv, " Spike grins.

Xander gulps but obediently opens his mouth and lets the vampire put it under his tongue.

"Ruffer Wumple Nargot, " Xander says. If he didn't have a thermometer sticking out of this mouth he would have been saying this really wasn't necessary.

"Shut yer gob Pet or I shove it up yer arse. Gonna act like a child I'll treat ya like one, " Spike snarls.

Xander hangs his head as Spike removes the thermometer.

"No fever luv, fancy that, " the vampire says sarcastically.

"Sorry Spike, " Xander mumbles.

Spike lifts his Mate's chin and forces him to look up.

"Mad at you but I do love you. Not gonna stop that cause you lie, " Spike tells him earnestly, "Gonna go upstairs and get it over with."

"O-Okay Spike... Love me, Really?"

"Course you git. Still in trouble," Spike growls.

"Eep, " is Xander's coherent response. He silently follows the vampire up the stairs. Spike didn't even raise his voice and Xander feels guilty.

Spike enters the room and motions to the bed without saying a word. He watches approvingly as his Mate lays down without even a grumble. He does wonder where the Watcher went, he thought Rupes came up here after that strange incident. He shrugs off the thought for now and turns back to his boy. He's laying on the bed shivering. He walks quickly over and sits down on the bed by Xander. He strokes gently down the teen's back.

"S'okay luv, not mad now. No shivers. Love you Xander. Just want you better an this is part of it. C'mere, " Spike says and he pulls Xander into his lap.

"Tired of being touched when I don't wanna be, " Xander says softly. He leans into the vampire in his misery.

"I know pet. Not for long, hang in there for me?" Spike asks.

"K, " his Mate says and lays back down with a sob.

"No luv, back up here, " Spike gathers Xander back up. He grabs the tube of cream off the nightstand and flips the top, laying it on the bed. He lifts the youth enough to pull the robe away from Xander's butt. His Mate sobs as his tender anus is exposed.

"Shh pet, Spike's here. No tears. Shh, " the vampire soothes as he picks Xander up off his lap, squeezes a dollop of medicine on one finger, then carefully applies the cream. The sobs increase as he touches his Mate . He wipes the excess on the sheet, pulls the robe back down, and rocks his human.

"I so hate that!" says Xander with a yell.

"Shh, all done, " Spike says as he pets the boy's hair.

In the next room Giles hears the scene unfold and fights the urge to run to his son's aid. Spike won't hurt him and he has a problem of his own. He rummages in a drawer for his address book as the sobs die down. He finds the number and dials.

"Alex? Its is Rupert Giles. It has begun again."

 

Part Twenty One B

"No I have nothing planned for this evening. Yes, yes, I understand. Seven o'clock will be fine, " and Giles hangs up with a sharp click. He sits on the bed and stares at the picture of his boys. Yeah, he will claim both of them -at least until Spike tries to pull a bone-headed stunt. He glances at the bedside clock and realizes he has half an hour to get ready. ********

"Sandy, cancel my evening appointment please. I have an emergency, " Alex says as he bustles around getting an old file out of the cabinet.

"Okay Uncle Alex. Do you need Daddy too?" she asks.

"No, no, its okay. Just when you see Rupert Giles send him on in, " Alex replies distractedly.

"Oh no, not that sweet kid again. When is he gonna get a break?" Sandy says with tears in her eyes.

"Its not young Alexander , honey. Just send him on through, " Alex replies as he heads back to his office with the dusty file.

Sandy looks after him, shakes her head in confusion and goes back to her filing. Why was Uncle Alex in the closed files?

Alex enters the office, closing then locking the door. He thumbs on the upstairs intercom.

"David, you alone?"

"Yeah, my last patient just left. He didn't need to see you this time, " David replies with a smile in his voice.

"I'm glad Oz is doing so much better. Damn Initiative. We have a new crisis, " Alex pauses, " Daniel... Ripper's back, " and there is dead silence on the other end.

"I see... I'll be standing by if you need me brother, " and Daniel clicks off.

Alex sits down at his desk, cracks the file and begins to read.

*Flashback*

The scene is familiar. Groups of robed chanting fanatics surrounding a pentagram. One group is not so familiar. A group of teenagers with bandannas in their hair, packs of fags tucked in a sleeve of plain white t-shirts, jeans with holes in the knees and scuffed black Doc Martens. The youths were chanting as well but their words were frequently broken by laughter. This was larking (cool word, thanks zus!) about for them. It was more about making fun of the robed gits than about summoning some deep dark evil. The laughter stopped abruptly as the boys realized the chanting had ceased. In the center of the pentagram was a sickly greenish glow. The leader of the wanna be gang stepped forward for a better look then stood stunned as the glow grew to encompass every person there.

"Soddin Hell, run!" and Rupert Giles led the teens with his best friend Ethan Rayne right beside him. At first they thought they were safe, they'd escaped before anything happened after all.

For a long time they were right. The group grew up and went their separate ways. It was little things at first. Rupert Giles would wake up in some strange location, unaware of why he was there, without having touched a drop of liquor. No crimes were reported unsolved at the time so the man didn't worry overmuch. Later in life he went to America. He lost track of the old gang over time and made new friends. As a Watcher he was assigned in several places. The blackouts continued with no witnesses He made his last move to Sunnydale, California. There he met Alex and Daniel. Finally it happened. The three men went out for drinks and Ripper made his first appearance to another person.

"Rupert, want a refill?" Daniel asks.

"Name's Ripper, mate. Don't appear to know ya, " Ripper says with a smirk.

"I didn't know you had a sense of humor Rupert, " laughs Alex.

As the evening wears on it is apparent he isn't joking. Alex and Daniel talk him into crashing on their couch at the dorm. Daniel's getting his MD and Alex is training to be a psychiatrist. Older than his brother, Alex already has his MD. Ripper follows the two men. In the morning Rupert is back and the questions begin. Giles gives Alex copies of the journals he's been keeping. After a lot of fruitless tests Alex has no answers. He finally hypothesizes that the greenish light somehow froze Rupert's teenage personality. It seemed to be the first demonically influenced personality split any of them had ever run across. This particular case would govern the rest of the brothers' lives. Ripper disappeared for awhile and all three men assumed he was gone.

*End Flashback*

"So, uh, Spike, wanna do the naked couch therapy?" Xander asks hesitantly.

"In ta naked couches luv?" Spike asks with a raised eyebrow.

Xander blushes, " Not what I meant Fang."

"Fang?" teases the vampire.

"Well yeah... You can bite again so Fangless so doesn't fit. Fang seems to um, suit you."

"Like it pet, lets go find a naked couch, " Spike smirks.

Giles hesitates at the door then knocks gently.

"Come in Rupes, not decent."

"Spike!"

"Its quite all right Xander. I was just informing you I shall be gone for a bit."

"Okay Watcher, we won't wait up, " Spike snickers as Xander glares.

"Quite... I shall be back, " Giles says as he starts down the stairs.

Spike and Xander stare after Giles. He didn't even yell at Spike!

Part Twenty Two-

("The Couch Trip")

"Wow, G-Man didn't yell, " a stunned Xander responds.

"Watcher's gone barmy whelp, " Spike shrugs, "C'mon, naked couch downstairs."

"But G-Man..."

"S'fine luv. Naked couch is going to get chilled," Spike says with a smirk.

"But... All right, fine. But quit with the naked couch, its giving me the wiggins!" and Xander follows his vampire down the stairs.

Spike gently pushes Xander so he falls on the couch. Then he sits down and starts unlacing his Doc's.

"Um Spike?"

"Wot?" Spike replies as he pulls off the boots and starts peeling off his black t-shirt.

"You are stripping. What's with the clothes-less Spike?" Xander asks nervously.

"S'therapy luv. Need help getting your kit off?" the vampire says helpfully.

"No! Not touching my um... I so don't remember mutual jerking off being a part of this!" Xander yells.

"Kit off, not wanking. Just askin if you need help with yer clothes pet, " Spike explains.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. I can- I can get my own, uh, kit off, " Xander stammers.

Spike unbuttons his jeans and yanks them off. He smirks when Xander averts his eyes-no underwear.

"Doctor really said everything?" Xander asks hesitantly.

"S'therapy luv. No worry, also said no touching, " Spike scowls.

"Oh, well, good..." Xander replies as he starts unbuttoning his shirt slowly. He gets halfway through and stops.

"All-All of it?" he asks.

"Boxers an all pet, " Spike says with exasperation. Its just sitting naked on the couch, not even any sodding touching!

Xander reluctantly finishes the buttons and rips the shirt off so fast he tears the cuff buttons. This is only the shirt and he's already shaking.

"Can't do it Spike, " he says with disappointment.

"C'mere Xander, " Spike says softly.

Xander gulps at his name and scoots closer to the vampire.

Spike sighs and lays them both down on the sofa. Xander is trembling so hard his teeth are chattering.

"What-What are you doing? So not ready."

Spike pulls the boy up until Xander's head is on his Mate's chest. He gives the top of his head a gentle kiss and starts petting the dark hair.

"Hush pet, just comfort. Hush, " Spike whispers as he holds his human close. He very carefully starts unbuttoning the teen's jeans and sliding them down his hips. He gently but firmly pushes away the hands trying to stop him. More soft kisses to the head by his mouth.

Xander whimpers in protest as the jeans are finally tugged over his feet and tossed aside.

"Shhh, Spike's here, " Spike soothes. He places a hand in the waistband of the boxers and Xander's body goes stiff. The vampire leaves the thin barrier of cloth alone.

Xander calms a bit when his boxers are left. He brushes his lips softly across the vampire's chest in thanks then freezes again when something hard pokes him in the stomach.

"S'just friction luv. Hush, no bad touches, " Spike strokes the tense back. His Mate's skin feels a little chilly so he pulls the couch blanket over the two of them. The teen actually relaxes more with the move.

"S'nice Spike. Feels comfy and safe. Sleepy, " Xander mutters with a yawn.

"Nap if you need to pet. Spike's here. Always here, " Spike says as he takes one of Xander's hands and rubs the taut body above him through the blanket. Xander whimpers again when he realizes he's stiff again but only in one place.

"Bad, bad, touch bad, go away!" Xander pleads.

"Xan, luv, just friction. Nothin more. Shhh, " Spike tries to calm his Mate. Xander continues to murmur so Spike starts humming an old lullaby. Soon Xander is boneless, puddled on the vampire.

"My vampire, " he says sleepily before he drops off.

"My human, my love, my Mate, " Spike snarls. Nobody better hurt him again. He clutches the teen closer. Xander mutters in his sleep but doesn't wake up.

Part Twenty Three

Giles plods into the garage and unlocks the door to the Citroen. What is he going to do? Ripper's never been violent without purpose but his brash teenage personality is not going to mesh well with a frightened Xander. He hopes Ripper leaves just as silently as he appeared. He's so lost in thought he's driving on autopilot. He parks in the underground garage and leans his head on the steering wheel for awhile. He comes abruptly out of his funk when the car horn sounds. Right, time to go. The Watcher climbs out of the care, shrugs his shoulders and resolutely heads for the glass doors. As he walks his steps turn into a swagger, the despair turns into a smirk and the world weary Giles becomes Ripper. Ripper shoves open the doors so hard they slam into the opposite walls with a resounding crack. Sandy stands up.

"Hello Uncle Rupert! Uncle Alex said to go on in, " and she points down the hall.

"Hello luv, not yer uncle but give me a snog and I'll be anyone you bloody want, " and Ripper hops up on Sandy's desk with a leer.

"Ew, I don't think so! You are cute for an old guy but you changed my diapers! Ewww!" Sandy makes a face and pushes him off her desk.

The crash of the doors didn't rouse Alex but a body hitting the floor had him racing out of his office. He saw Giles on the floor and Sandy glaring over her desk at him.

"What is going on here!"

"Alex, been a long time. Was just telling ducks here all about moi, " Ripper brags.

"Uncle Alex, I am so gonna hurl. Uncle Giles was hitting on me!" Sandy scowls in disgust.

"Ripper, I see. I'll take care of this Sandy."

"But Uncle Alex!"

"This isn't Giles sweetie. I'll explain later. Ripper, come with me and keep your mitts off my niece, " Alex snarls protectively.

Sandy stares after the two men in confusion as Alex pulls Ripper off the floor and tugs him down the hall by one ear.

"Alex, Alex, wot a way to treat an old mate. No hello, how are ya, " Ripper snickers despite the intense pain in his ear.

Alex grits his teeth but refuses to be baited. He pushes the other man down on the sofa and trembles as he furiously lights two cigarettes.

Sandy is standing outside the door and bursts in at the snick of a lighter.

"You said you quit smoking Uncle Alex!" she yells.

"Sandy out! I said I'll explain later, " Alex gets out as he shoves her out the door and locks it.

"Want me all to yourself mate?" Ripper grins.

Sandy stomps back to her desk.

"Shut up Ripper, " Alex spits out as he hands him one of the cigarettes.

"Ta"

"Talk. Why are you here Ripper, " Alex frowns.

"Don't know. Rupert-, " and Ripper says the name with revulsion, " He's been shutting me out. Bloody secrets, " he scowls.

"You don't know about Xander?" Alex asks reluctantly.

"Wussy kid? Know bout the brat. Guess stuffy Giles can't handle it, " Ripper says with false drama.

Alex wants to slap the smugness off this man's face.

"I see, " Alex says through anger clenched teeth, " What will it take to make you leave?"

"But I just got here, " Ripper says with mock innocence.

"You aren't supposed to be here Ripper. I want to talk to Rupert, " Alex demands.

"What's in it for me?" Ripper smirks.

"How about I find a spell to get rid of you permanently?" a pissy Alex says.

"Oi, not necessary mate. Just a little question. Already know the old man loses it under stress, " Ripper reminds him sullenly.

"Oh stop sulking. You can stay in your little room in Giles' brain but right now we need Rupert Giles. We do not need an obnoxious London teen who has overstayed his time period. Now go back to your room, you're grounded Ripper, " Alex says firmly.

"Kid needs some fun, not ole button down. Ripper fun, " Ripper grins.

"Ripper..., " Alex says warningly.

"All right, all right, one ex Watcher, boring book minder, one anorak comin up, " Ripper sulks. He closes his eyes then opens them abruptly.

"Could show the Xander brat a real good time, Alex, " Ripper tries.

"Go!"

"Don't haveta yell mate, " and Ripper closes his eyes again. He finds himself in a little hallway. He stalks over to an unmarked door and opens it without knocking.

"Hi honey, I'm home, " he says in falsetto.

He gives a satisfied smirk as Rupert tears the page of the demonology book he was reading.

"Ripper, I don't know why you feel the urge to sneak up on one's person. Please leave, " Giles says with exasperation.

"Don't get yer knickers in a twist. Alex said I have to give you back your body, " Ripper scowls.

"If you have done anything I shall regret..." Giles starts.

"Relax, nobody let me have any fun. Wouldn't even let me play with Xander, " he complains.

"Quite, well do try not to clutter up my mind too much, " Giles says dryly as he gets up. He heads out the door and closes it behind him. When the Watcher was in the room it resembled the old school library. As he opened the door again an observer would see piles of dirty laundry, several fag butts on the nightstand, Sex Pistols posters and the like all over grimy walls. Ripper is laying back on the bed. The sheets and blankets on the floor.

"Miss me already?" Ripper snickers.

"Hardly. Nice move with Spike and the picture... I shall decide later whether it will be sent. And Ripper? Do some laundry, " Giles says, closes the door and walks down to the end of the hall.

Alex waits anxiously as he sees the man across from him open his eyes.

"I do believe the laundry on his floor is the same dirty clothes I saw quite some years ago, " is the first thing Giles says and Alex starts laughing.

"How did a brat like you were ever grow up to be the man you are now Rupert?"

"I have often asked the same question of myself, " Giles responds with a small smile.

***************

Spike wakes up with soft brown hair tickling his nose. Xander's gentle even breathing lets the vampire know his Mate is still asleep. He carefully pulls his arm out from under Xander and strokes the whelp's head. Xander stretches on top of Spike then opens his chocolate orbs.

"Morning?" he mumbles sleepily.

"Still afternoon luv, " Spike chuckles.

"Ooh, lunchtime blondie, " Xander says eagerly.

"Hungry pet?" Spike asks.

"Feed me?" Xander says pitifully as Spike chuckles.

"Know the way to yer heart, " Spike smirks.

Xander lifts off of Spike's chest and straddles the vampire's hips. He pokes the leftover baby fat on his stomach and sucks in his gut.

"I'm wasting away Spike, " he claims.

Spike raises an eyebrow as Xander gives him a pathetic look.

"Right luv, doc'd be mad if I starve ya, " Spike smirks. Then he uses vamp strength to get Xander off his hips and sets him on the couch. Xander stares as Spike prowls unselfconsciously into the kitchen.

"Sp-Spike!"

"Wot whelp?" Spike responds from the kitchen.

"You are naked!" Xander hollers.

"Oi, so I am, " Spike replies sarcastically, "S'okay luv, just you an me."

"But..." Xander gives in.

"Spike smirks at the exchange as he makes his Mate a club sandwich.

Part Twenty Four

The vampire heads into the living room and stops abruptly in his tracks. Xander is laying on the floor with plastic flowers on his chest. He hears the teen's heartbeat but the scene is still disturbing.

"Wot are you doing you git?" Spike asks.

Xander opens one eye, looks at Spike, then closes it again.

"I'm dead."

"Yer not dead, can hear yer heartbeat you nutter, " Spike growls.

"Nope, I'm dead, " Xander insists.

"Fine Xanpet, yer dead. Why are you dead?" Spike asks sarcastically.

"My Mate took so long making me food I starved to death, " Xander smirks with his eyes still closed.

"Dead, right. Good, 'm hungry too and you won't be needing all that lovely blood, " Spike lisps in game face and lunges.

Xander hears the shift in Spike's voice and thinks he is ready. He starts to roll off when he is pounced.

"Smell right delicious whelp, " Spike snarls as he starts exaggeratedly sniffing Xander.

"Stop that! Bad vampire!" Xander laughs, " Hey, that tickles!" he pushes Spike away.

Spike holds his boy's hands down and starts licking his neck.

"Ew! Bad, bad vampire, " Xander is laughing so hard he can't get his breath.

"No luv, evil vampire, good vampire, " Spike smirks.

He nips Xander very carefully on the neck then puts him back on the couch.

"Bad Mate. No scaring the Master Vampire, " he says mock sternly. He gets the plate out of the kitchen and brings it to Xander.

"Its - Its - Its healthy!" Xander complains.

"Got yer Hostess right here pet, " Spike says as he holds up a package. He lifts it when Xander reaches for it. "Ah, ah luv, " the vampire points to the sandwich.

"Sugar first? Please? Promise I'll eat the sandwich, " Xander pleads, batting his thick lashes.

Spike takes one look and has to look away.

"Eat whelp, dessert after, " he says without looking at his Mate.

"Not gonna say that to my face Spike?" Xander smirks.

"Not bloody winnin luv, eat!" the vampire growls in frustration.

"Fine, " Xander sighs. He starts munching on the sandwich and chips, waiting for the vampire to look again.

Spike hears the boy eating and hopes its safe to look. Just as he turns, Xander sticks out his bottom lip and pouts.

"Argh!" Spike stalks into the kitchen and yanks open the refrigerator. He warms a bag of blood in the microwave and stomps back out to Xander, ignoring the bag burning his hand. His Mate is chewing with a grin until he vamps out suddenly and sinks his fangs into the blood bag. His need for violence and hunger sated simultaneously he smirks at Xander's dropped jaw.

"Close the mouth pet, " Spike sneers. Then he unwraps the Twinkie and pops it in his mouth.

"Hey! My snack cake Blondie, " Xander sulks.

Spike raises a scarred eyebrow, " Ate my lunch whelp."

Xander scowls but he finishes his sandwich with no further complaint. Spike is immensely proud of himself and looks rather smug.

"Now vampire, my cake?"

"Manners pet, " Spike chides.

"Fine, snack cake please?"
"Ate the last one, " Spike teases.

Xander just stares at the vampire, horror in his expression. His chin gives a little wobble and the anime eyes come out.

Soddin Hell, he's gonna cry! Spike fumbles the snack cake he was hiding in his pocket and throws it to Xander to forestall the tears.

"There, there luv. Evil vampire here. Was just messin with you."

Xander happily munches, " Never mess with Hostess Spike."

Spike hopes he never see what happens if they run out of his Mate's favorite snack foods.

********

"How are you doing Rupert?" Alex asks.

"Quite disconcerted, my equilibrium is decidedly off, " Giles answers.

"I have a cot in the other room if you would like to gather your thoughts before you go home."

"I shan't want to inconvenience you Alex, " Giles demurs.

"It won't bother me, I have some paperwork to do before I can go home, " Alex assures him.

"I do feel uncomfortable being around Xander in such a state... I shall partake of your hospitality with thanks, " Giles says softly.

Alex notices Giles is being particularly Giles-ish and figures it is his friend's way of reasserting himself. He shows the Watcher where the cot is and shuts the door to give him some privacy.

*********

Alex goes back into his office and thumbs the intercom.

"Yes?"

"Rupert is resting in the on-call area. Ripper seems to be gone again for now. Its like the last time, he's being super stuff British. I think its his was of asserting his identity."

"Other than that he seems okay, Alex?"

"He's worried Ripper will mess with Xander."

"Did you tell him to keep in contact with us?"
"Yes, Daniel. He has better control of his alter ego now. Maybe we all worry for nothing."
"I hope so, I really hope so, " and both brothers break contact.

Alex sits down and does paperwork while keeping an ear tuned for trouble.

**********

Giles lays down on the cot and closes his eyes. He walks down the hall and knocks on Ripper's door. He is concerned when he doesn't get a response and quickly opens the door. To his complete amazement the room is immaculate. He hears a noise and looks up just in time to see Ripper leering at him. A Ripper so fresh from the shower Giles watches water droplets travel in meandering paths down a broad chest until they hit the brown curls at the tops of the thighs. Ripper is dripping wet and utterly naked. Giles watches mesmerized as the droplet rides the wiry hairs until it meets smooth skin again. Abruptly he realizes he is staring at a naked man. Not only that Ripper is his teen self. Teenager, minor, off limits. He brings his head up again with a jerk and yanks his glasses off to clean them furiously.

"I do beg your pardon. I shall leave immediately!"

"No necessary Rupes, " Ripper purrs.

"I do not with to disturb your ablutions, " Giles says quickly and puts his glasses back on.

"Shower's free, want to take one-with me?"

Ripper casually starts unbuttoning Giles' shirt.

"Now see here, stop that!"

"Why?" Ripper asks with genuine confusion.

"You are too young Ripper. You shall eternally be a teen with the hormonal chaos accompanying that state. I shall not take advantage of a child, " Giles replies firmly.

Ripper grabs the Watcher's hand and places it on his erect penis. "Does that feel childish to you?" he demands, " As I see it I was on my way to 'takin advantage' of you, " he leers.

"Yes, well, you shall not now. Please get dressed."

"Oi, I don't think so. You get me all hot an bothered then leave me to rot in this room again, " Ripper snarls.

"I do apologize for disturbing you, " Giles says as he looks down at his lap.

"Make it up to me Rupes, " Ripper smirks as he stalks over to Giles and finishes unbuttoning the shirt.

"I can't, " comes the weak protest.

"I'm you, pillock! Nothin more'n assisted wanking. Play with me. Play with US, " Ripper pleads in a very unchild-like voice. Then he ups the stakes and starts sucking on the nipple he uncovers. Giles gasps as his shaft swells and Ripper wins. Or maybe they both win.

"But it is not proper, " Giles tries one last time. His answer is a swift rub on his covered erection.

"Fuck proper, " Ripper says around the small nub. He starts soft kisses down the older man's chest until he reaches the waistband of the Watcher's trousers. He unbuttons and unzips with trembling fingers. Both men groan when the plain white briefs appear. Ripper licks the cloth in desperation.

"Ruuuuuuuuupert!" he wails. Giles is upended on the bed as Ripper yanks the trousers and underwear off abruptly.

"Ripper!"

Ripper looks at the Watcher with raw need in his eyes and the final denial dies on his lips. He read the acquiescence in Rupert's eyes and grins a shark grin. Giles gives a shuddery gasp as his penis is enveloped to the root in one swallow. He can feel the other man's throat muscles massaging the foreskin. Giles eyes roll up in his head.

Ripper smirks around the obstacle in his mouth then slides back until just the head is in. He very gently chews on the tip and Giles gives a full bodied groan.

"What - about - you?" the Watcher gets out between gasps.

Ripper leers and grabs the lube from the bedside table. He uncaps it and applies it to one finger before tossing the tube to the side. He suddenly envelops Giles again and he raises his legs in reaction. Ripper slowly inserts the finger and watches as Giles does an eye roll. Its time. He finds the little nub inside and gently strokes across it once. He watches the other man spasm again and again as warm semen fills his mouth. His own release is triggered as he swallows his fill. He gives the limp penis a few soft licks to clean it then sits back on his heals and smirks up at the Watcher.

Giles is already starting the guilt trip. Ripper yanks the other man's hand to his own member and watches Giles as he realizes Ripper is also wet and limp.

"But, I say, How?" the normally articulate ex-librarian is babbling.

"I - am - you!" Ripper snarls, punctuating each word by poking the Watcher in the stomach.

Giles still looks confused and Ripper groans and yanks his hand through his hair.

"Did it feel good?" he asks semi-calmly.

"Quite, " Giles admits and looks guilty again.

"ARGH! Don't do that! When I sucked you I sucked me too. Rub your prostate, I feel it. Get it yet you wanker? I AM YOU, " he screams. Ripper is looking a little wild with his hair sticking up in tufts.

The Watcher is still shocked but his brain cells are starting to leak back where they belong.

"You feel what I feel... Extraordinary!"

"Yah, it was good. 'M talented that way. Bet you never though you'd give yourself a blowjob, " Ripper sneers.

"Can't say as I have ever thought I would experience this unique situation, " Giles says in bemusement. He finally understands Ripper. With that thought the room fades and he finds himself back in the dark on-call room with damp pants. He feels exhausted and drops off to sleep.

**********

Alex hears the strange noises coming from the room next door and nearly barges in. Then he realizes what he is hearing and flushes. He turns on the intercom.

"Are you still there Daniel?"

"Just reviewing some charts before I go home. Need some help?"

"No, no. I just thought I would tell you I think Rupert will be fine."

"That's great. That Xander certainly has enough problems for all of them. Did he tell you he was okay?"

"Uh... not exactly. Its a hunch I have, " Alex grins even though his brother can't see him.

"You fix the heads Alex, I'll take your word for it. Good night."

"Good night Daniel, " and Alex turns off the intercom. The sounds from the other room have not ceased so he turns on his radio. Shaking his head in amusement he goes back to his papers. Who would have thought sex was a cure?

Part Twenty Five

Rupert Giles wakes up with a groan. He feels so stiff. He shakes out his limbs and promptly falls off the narrow cot.

"Bugger! Oh dear me, Ripper is still rather close to the surface, " he says with a shudder.

Alex comes racing in at the thud.

"Are you okay?" he helps the Watcher off the floor, " I am sorry Rupert, the cot is a bit small."

"Its quite all right Alex. Wanker, why didn't you warn me?!"

Both men look astonished.

"I seem to be having some difficulties. I suppose a few days of acclimatization would not be amiss, " Giles sighs.

"Are you going to be alright Rupert?" Alex says worriedly. "I shall be fine. I just need to go home and rest. I really should check on Xander. Yes, I could help in his recovery, " he says with a smirk. Then he looks at Alex in horror, "Bloody Hell."

"Rupert, I can't let you go home like this. Xander needs Giles not Ripper. Is there somewhere you can stay for a few days?"

"Alex, I appreciate your concern but I really would like to go home. I can control this, " Giles says with determination.

"Well... okay. But call me immediately if you need me, " he pauses and looks at the Watcher's hair, " You might want to brush your hair before you go, " Alex smiles.

Giles pinches the bridge of his nose. He'll wet his hair down at the sink, make it lay down, then go home.

*****

Spike watches Xander eat his Twinkie with amusement. Xander notices him watching and gives Spike a big grin.

"Done you git?" his Mate asks affectionately.

"Yep!" Xander licks his fingers and Spike has to close his eyes. When he thinks it might be safe he opens his eyes and sees his Mate forlornly licking the wrapper for crumbs.

Spike grins, says, " Ew, " and watches with satisfaction as Xander cracks up.

"You wrinkled your nose!"

"Just mimicking you lot, luv, " Spike smirks.

Xander snorts then looks puzzled.

"Spike, where's G-Man? I'm getting worried about him, " he sheepishly admits.

"Watcher'll be here Pet. Up for some bath therapy?" Spike distracts Xander and covers his own concern. Worried about a Watcher. Gah!

"B-Bath? You mean with clothes off?" Xander replies with anxiety.

"Can keep the boxers luv, it'll be alright, " Spike soothes.

"Have to? I mean we did the naked couch..."

Xander is rescued by the door opening.

"G-Man!" Xander jumps up and runs over to the Watcher, giving him a hug so hard he nearly knocks the two of them over.

"Xan-Xander. Has Spike been well to you?" he asks as he looks at the vampire sternly.

"Oi! Take good care of me Mate, " the vampire growls.

Giles surprises himself by hugging the youth back. Then his hands move from Xander's back to his butt and shove the youth into his groin. The teen eeps and goes still.

Spike sees what is happening and yanks his Mate away from the Watcher.

"What the bloody fuck are you pullin Watcher, " Spike snarls.

Xander shakes with terror. Giles is supposed to be safe!

"G-Man?" he begs with tears in his eyes.

Spike has the other man by the throat and Giles is so distraught he isn't fighting.

"Watcher?!" the vampire growls and shakes his captive.

Xander curls up in a little ball by Spike's feet.

"I do apologize William. I truly thought it was safe."

"Wot? Safe for wot? Safe to molest a frightened child!?" and the vampire's hold tightens.

"Urk. Call Alex, he will explain. Just end my life quick."

Spike is stunned that Giles wants to die and loosens his grip. He continues to keep one eye on the Watcher as he sits on the couch and dials. He leans down and gently lifts his Mate onto his lap, stroking the dark head.

# 'Dr. Romer's office, Alex Romer speaking, ' he looks at the caller ID, 'Rupert?'

' 'S William. Watcher attacked me Mate. Want some answers.'

'Attacked?! No, I was afraid of that. Is he-Is Xander all right?'

'Whelp's terrified, shakin an tears. Want some answers doc, ' Spike snarls.

'Short version: A demonic possession created a sort of Multiple Personality Disorder in Rupert. Ripper comes out under stress but is usually manageable. Right now he's popping in and out rather suddenly. Bottom line-Ripper attacked your Mate, not Rupert Giles.

'Bloody Fuckin-Wot do you need me ta do?'

'Well right now the best thing you can do is take Xander somewhere safe. I'll help Rupert. Do you know of a friend who would be willing to let you stay for a week or two?'

'Could say that doc. What about the whelp's medical care? Got a final exam comin.'

'I have some connections. Give me the location and I'll make some calls.'

'LA.'

'Is that wise William? I mean-never mind. I know of a doctor in that area. I'll call him when I get off the phone.'

'Right, better phone Peaches. Bye doc. Fix the Watcher before I forget I like the bloke and rip his bloody head off, ' the vampire snaps and hangs up.

#

"Spike... I... Please explain to Xander. I shall wait upstairs for Alex."

"Won't tear yer heart out yet Rupes. Get help, " Spike growls as his eyes flash yellow.

Xander is still in a little ball by the vampire. Spike glares at the Watcher's back as he walks up the stairs. When the bedroom door closes the vampire sighs and looks down at his Mate. Xander is clutching the bottom of Spike's shirt. Having a Dad he actually trusted grope him has his mind going in circles. Spike pets his boy as he dials one number he never intended to use. Its sunset and time to roll once he gets this call over with.

*****

Angel is laying in bed throwing darts at a picture of Spike. It was an old fashioned painting. Now its a homemade vampire stress reliever. With Cordy gone on the girl retreat, Gunn helping out his old buddies and Wesley visiting his family overseas, the vampire is bored. The Sunnydale bunch left him on standby so he hasn't taken any new cases. He's almost desperate enough to go to the movies when his phone rings.

#

'Angel Investigations. New demon Giles?'

'How'd you know Hair Boy?'

'I am a private investigator, Spike! I have caller ID. What have you done now?' Angel snarls.

'Oi Peaches, like that! Need a place where me Mate'll be safe.'

'I left that life behind Spike. I don't need a crazy vampire running around the Hyperion. Drusilla can't come either.'

Spike takes a moment to catch the insult.

'Hey! 'S not Dru anyway. Rupes tell you bout the whelp?' Spike asks reluctantly.

'That's what you call Xander. What trouble did he get into now?' Angel questions with evident boredom.

'Didn't cause it, ' Spike snarls, 'Pillock tried to rape him an he's a little off. Can e stay or not?'

'R-Rape? Is he okay William?'

'Like you care, wanker. Can take of him meself. Last time Angelus, can-he-stay?' Spike grates out.

Xander shakes at the anger in his Mate's voice and Spike shushes him.

Angel overhears and comes to a snap decision.

'You can come Spike. But if this is all some big-'

Spike interrupts, ' Be there in two hours, ' then he hangs up on his grandsire.

#

Angel hangs up with a snarl of his own. He picks up his darts and angrily starts tossing them at his grandchilde's portrait.

*****

Rupert Giles lays down on his bed and takes his glasses off. He puts his hands over his eyes and curls into a ball of abject misery. His sobs shake the bed frame.

*****

Alex knocks on the door. Spike makes sure Xander is secure on the couch before answering the door.

"Watcher's upstairs, Xander's on the sofa. Gettin' his stuff then we're gone. Rupes, uh, gonna be alone? Don't care bout the Watcher, just askin."

"I'm staying here with him. Can I talk to Xander?"

"Can try, boy's a bit out of it."

Alex waits until Spike goes to pack and heads over to Xander. He sits down beside the teen and curses. All of the hard work he has done is unraveling before his eyes. Xander flinches back at the new presence.

"Its okay Xander, its just Alex Romer. You are going somewhere else for a little while so I can fix Dad. Take care and listen to your Mate. Remember your therapy, " Alex looks up and sees Spike coming with a duffle bag, "I'm going to give him something to put him to sleep. He's not handling this well. Don't mess this up William."

"Not messin up Mate. Poke him an lets go."

"N-No. Don't need anything Spike. No needle, " Xander objects. Its the first words Spike has heard since this whole mess started.

"Long drive luv, think you need it, " Spike says firmly.

"Tired of being poked an prodded Spike."

Alex tunes them both out and prepares the syringes he gets out of the bag he has brought. He pulls Xander's pants and boxers down enough to expose one rounded butt cheek.

"Said no!" Xander shouts and reaches back to pull his clothes up.

"Said yes luv, " and Spike holds his hands down while Alex gives him the injection.

"Mean vampire, " Xander says sullenly, rubbing the sore spot after Spike releases his hands.

"Done doc?" Spike asks as he adroitly ignores his sulking Mate.

"Yeah, the shot I gave him will knock him out until morning. You better get going before daylight."

"Tired of being poked, " Xander sleepily gripes.

"Necessary Pet, go to sleep."

"I'll go upstairs and check on Rupert. Have a safe journey, " Alex says as he packs his bag back up and heads upstairs.

Spike slings the duffel over his shoulder, wraps the couch blanket around Xander and walks to the garage. Xander continues to complain softly.

*****

Alex opens the bedroom door cautiously and sighs. Giles is so lost in his own despair. He gets another syringe out, prepares a new dose, quickly bares the Watcher's behind and injects the sedative before the other man can object. Xander isn't the only one that needs a good night's sleep. Giles looks at him with accusing eyes until his lids slowly drift shut. Alex stretches out beside the other man on the bed. The Watcher is not going to be left alone.

*****

"Not, " yawn, "Sleepy, " blink, blink.

Spike snorts and continues to make a nest for Xander in the back seat. When he's done he tucks his boy in and straps him down with the Scooby modified seat belts. It’s not the first time a Slayerette was transported laying down and Giles had the seatbelts custom made. The vampire kisses his Mate on the forehead gently before smoothing his eyes shut. The combination of feeling secure, knowing Spike is there, and being bundled like precious cargo finally finish the work of the drug. Spike smirks as soft snores are heard from the blanketed lump. One last tug to make sure the belts are secure and Spike closes the door. He climbs in the drivers seat and starts up the Citroen. Hopefully Giles won't need his car for a week or two. Spike pulls out and starts searching through the tapes he brought. Soon Sex Pistols is blaring out of the speakers and they are on their way to Los Angeles. The sedative in Xander is very strong and the teen doesn't stir.

*****

"I can't believe he hung up on me. I'm his Grandsire!" Angel growls as he yanks a blood bag out of the refrigerator and throws it in the microwave with a bit too much force.

"This is all Spike's fault. Everything is his fault. Should make him clean this up, " he snarls as he tosses a shredded blood bag in the trash and scrubs out the microwave. He's scouring the last corner when he hears a loud banging on the front door. He strikes his head on the roof of the microwave and scowls as he answers the door, rubbing the top of his head.

"Spike! I should have known. Only you could cause chaos simply being at my door."

"Lemme in you Poof! Whelp's wrapped up but he can still get a chill, " Spike yells as he re-adjusts his burden. Xander is cradled in his Mate's arms, still sound asleep.

"Come in Spike, " Angel sighs and opens the doors since Spike’s hands are a bit full.

"Here, take me Pet. Need to get the stuff out of the car, " and Spike abruptly shoves Xander in Angel's arms.

The older vampire fumbles the youth awkwardly until he gets a good grip.

"Don't drop 'im Peaches, " Spike hollers as he heads back out.

Angel glares at the other vampire's retreating back and sits down on the sofa with Xander. He makes sure Spike is still gone before he carefully unwraps the blanket from its tight hold on the teen. Xander's face is flushed with the warmth of his coverings and his hair is lightly tousled from sleep. In slumber he seems younger than his nineteen years. Angel brushes his hair back with care and in this unguarded moment you can see the big brother type love he has for Xander. He cuddles him up to his chest and lets the soft breaths soothe him.

"Oi! Put me Mate down. He doesn't need you pawing him. Gonna put him to bed, hands an fangs off Gel Boy!" Spike spits out when he enters the room and sees Angel cuddling Xander like something coveted. The boy is precious but he's Spike's. Xander stirs a bit when Spike yanks him away from Angel a bit too roughly.

"I'm not going to steal your Mate. I don't feel that way about Xander, " Angel wearily replies. Then he realizes Spike's chip didn't go off when the other vampire hurt the boy.

"What's going on Spike? You yanked him around like one of Dru's rag dolls without a flinch, " Angel demands dangerously.

Despite the teen in his arms Spike smirks, " My little secret. Need a room bellhop, whelp's gettin heavy."

"I want answers!" Angel yells then lowers his voice in deference to the sleeping human. "Follow me to the room but I want an explanation after he's in bed, " he hisses.

"Right, right, go. Need to put me Mate to bed."

Spike follows a seething Angel up the stairs and into a room. Its typical hotel bland but clean, furnished and the bed has fresh sheets. Angel steps back and watches as Spike strips Xander down to his boxers then tucks his legs under the covers. He pulls the blankets up to the boy's chin then drops a soft kiss on his Mate's nose. The other vampire watches the ritual with amusement.

Spike looks up at Angel and glares.

"Wot?"

"Nothing Spike. Let's go chat."

Spike grumpily follows the other vampire to the kitchen. He finds the blood bag from earlier at the top of the trash.

"Food fight back Peaches?" Spike asks with a smirk.

"Shut up Spike. Harris didn't move much. What did you do to him?" Angel asks suspiciously.

"Not what yer thinkin. Doc knocked him out for the trip, " Spike scowled.

Angel grabs two more blood bags out of the refrigerator and starts warming them.

"Like me blood 98.6 degrees Poof, like my humans, " Spike grins.

"All right Spike, why are you carrying Xander around? What did you need to escape? I want the whole story and no lies, " Angel glowers as Spike tries to look innocent.

"Not much to tell Angelus. Whelp was almost raped, Watcher mojo-ed the chip, the whelp and me are Mates, and Rupes went barmy and made a pass at me Pet. Usual Sunnyhell rot, " Spike shrugs.

"Giles deactivated the chip!? Xander Harris is your Mate and you bit him!? Was he willing?" Angel is flabbergasted.

"Well Xan wasn't exactly jumpin with joy. Rupes made him stay still so's I could bite him. But I'd never hurt him Peaches. Won't hurt any humans unless they go after me Xander, " Spike growls and his eyes flash yellow.

Angel mindlessly pours the blood into two mugs and sets one in front of Spike. His thoughts are whirling.

"Giles... held him down? When did he go barmy on you? How is Xander handling all this?"

"Whelp was doin better. First time I tried to bathe him he ran out the door in 'is boxers. Can bathe him now without too much fuss, " Spike answers nonchalantly.

"I see... " Angel is at a loss.

"Can touch his bum now if he's havin a good day. Not sure after tonight, " Spike says absentmindedly.

"Why would you need to touch his butt Spike?"

"Got some small tears, have to put cream on 'em and stuff in his bathwater. S'posed to see his doc again in a few days."

"How long do you need to stay Spike?" Angel asks, a bit overwhelmed.

"Least a week. Need to keep Xander away from Rupes for a bit. Old friend's going to stay with the Watcher. Doc said he knew someone here for the Whelp's exam. Nough yet? Me Pet sleeps best when I'm curled around him, " Spike asks impatiently.

"We need to talk about Xander more. I need to know his reactions."
"Fine, " Spike huffs, " Don't like males to get too near, only let’s Rupes an I touch 'im, and he's real clingy. Was the one that found him so he's sorta imprinted me. That it?" he asks sarcastically.

"You said he has some medical needs. Did Giles help you with that?"

"Nobody touches the boy but me, " Spike growls.

"Cool it Spike, I just asked if you need help, " Angel chides.

"Only help I need is a safe place for me an Xan, Peaches. Been there since the beginning takin care of him. 'S why Rupes trusted me. Needs protected. He's so broken, " Spike adds in a soft tone, "Need to go, can't have me Mate wake up alone." Spike gulps his blood, makes a face because he let it get cold, and then heads out of the kitchen.

"We aren't done Spike!" Angel yells, following the other vampire.

"Go to bed Hair Boy, more later, " Spike answers.

He quietly enters the room where he laid Xander down and slinks over to the bed. The teen is moving around restlessly, looking for an absent cold body, and Spike glares at the Angel-shaped shadow in the doorway.

"He's looking for me you Wanker. If you upset my Pet..." Spike hisses as he climbs into bed and holds Xander securely.

Angel watches his obnoxious grandchilde mutter insults until sleep quiets him. He waits until he's certain both men are out before he tiptoes over to kiss Xander on the forehead and smooth lock of hair out of his face. He starts to walk off when an impulse hits and he hurries back over to kiss Spike's cheek. He tugs the blanket up to their chins and leaves the room.

PART 26

The Next Morning

Xander wakes with a soft whimper. Spike is laying against his back, holding the teen so tight he's surprised he can breathe. He's not really awake yet as he pads into the bathroom. His behind is a little sore and he glares through the doorway at the sleeping vampire. After taking care of some business Xander leaves the bathroom and looks around the unfamiliar room. The fear starts to hit and he edges toward the bed and his Mate. At the last second he takes a deep breath and calms. He swallows nervously and creeps over to the closed door. Looking longingly at the safety of the bed he quietly heads out the door. He looks around and sees multiple closed doors down a long hallway. He walks down the staircase into the lobby. He hears a sound coming from the kitchen. He vaguely remembers hearing LA mentioned and assumes they are at Deadboy's. Xander walks slowly toward the swinging doors, pushes one open, and peers inside. Angel is rummaging in the fridge and all you can see is his back. He finds a blood bag shoved in the crisper drawer and closes the door with a sigh. He knows Xander is in the room but he's trying not to startle him.

"Have a seat Xander, " Angel says softly.

Despite his best efforts Xander jumps. Angel notices his frantic look at the door.

"Nobody here will harm you. If you'll sit down I can fix you some breakfast, " Angel continues the soothing tone.

"I-I should get back to Spike..." Xander pauses when his stomach rumbles.

Angel chuckles, " I think your stomach disagrees." He walks carefully over to the youth and leads him to a chair.

"But Spike..."

"Will be fine. You need to eat, " Angel chides, " What would you like?"

"Some toast would be of the good, " Xander says as he tries to relax.

Angel pops a couple pieces of bread in the toaster and pushes the lever down.

"Would you like to talk about it Xander?"

Xander shrugs, " Nothing much to tell. I was r-r-r-hurt and Spike helped me. I still get a little wigged but he's never left. Then last night G-Man-"

Angel is a little startled when the teen bursts into tears.

*****

Upstairs Spike is growling. There is something about the Mate bond that enables him to feel Xander's distress. The impetuous vampire leaps snarling out of the bed and races game-faced down the stairs.

*****

Angel looks bewildered for a moment then he gathers Xander into his arms.

This is the scene Spike sees as he stomps into the kitchen.

"Let go of me Mate!" Spike growls.

"He was remembering what happened last night, Childe. I didn't hurt him."

"Drop 'im Peaches!"

"William, he will be hurt if I drop him. Now calm down, " Angel growls back.

While the other two are arguing, Xander is snuffling into Angel's neck.

Spike yanks his Mate into his own arms and glares at his Grandsire.

Angel ignores him and gets out the toast to finish fixing it.

The younger vampire shushes his Xander until the sobs quiet.

"S-Sorry, " Xander sniffles.

"S'alright Pet. 'M here now. Rupes'll get help."

"You can stay here as long as you need Xander, " Angel interjects. He can't believe how broken the normally vibrant teen has become. He rolls his eyes at the daggers his Childe is shooting him with his eyes.

"Here's your toast, " Angel hands the food to Xander with a soft smile.

"Toast? Me Mate needs more'n that Poof, " Spike sneers.

"That is all he asked for Spike. I do know how to feed a human."

Spike snorts and picks at Xander's toast.

"Uh Spike? Think I can eat that after you're done playing with it?" Xander asks.

"Need to eat more, Luv, " Spike glares.

"I would Spike but I'm a little nauseous after the needle you let Alex stab me with, " Xander throws back.

"Needed it whelp!"

"Did not!"

"Did, " Spike snarls and flashes his fangs.

"Cheating Bleached Wonder? I don't have fangs, " Xander smirks.

Angel just watches the two interact with amusement.

"S'not cheating. Eat yer soddin toast."

Xander starts chewing his toast with a grin.

"Feelin better? Can get a bath then."

"Don't need one, " Xander sulks.

"Xander?" Angel looks puzzled.

"Yeah Deadboy?"

"What is this thing about baths? Spike mentioned it to me last night but I don't really understand."

"Not the baths, I don't like the cream, " Xander mumbles.

"Whelp's not fond of touch, " Spike adds.

Angel looks sympathetic, " The only full bath is in my suite."

"Don't need yer help Peaches, " Spike snarls.

"Evidently you need my water Spike, " Angel grins.

"Fine. You can be the help. Medicine for the water's in the bag by the bed, two tablespoons. Need it just this side of hot, " Spike smirks.

Angel sighs and walks off. He can do this for Xander.

"Don't need one Spike, " Xander gripes as soon as Angel leaves.

"C'mon Pet. S'posed to be twice a day. Don't want the doc drainin 'em."

"I-don't-want-a-bath!" Xander yells with exasperation.

"Infection, Luv, " Spike actually pleads.

"No, " Xander plants his feet.

"Last chance Whelp, " Spike growls.

"Spike, I've been raped, had multiple fingers inserted in my ass-over my protests I add-then you hold me down so the doctor could jab me. I've so had it!"

"Understand why yer upset Pet, " Spike commiserates, " 'Ope you understand why I'm doin this, " he adds before he uses vampire strength and speed to pick up his Mate and races up the stairs to where he hears water running.

"Put me down!" Xander hollers.

Spike enters the bathroom and sits down on the toilet seat, stripping Xander by tearing his clothes off.

Angel watches in silent shock.

"Goin to stop bein a brat?" Spike snarls.

"Okay, so I'll have the bath. No creme, " Xander glares at the vampire as he gingerly steps into the steaming water.

Spike flashes his fangs again but doesn't say anything.

"Stay, " he orders as he tugs Angel out of the bathroom with him.

"Did you tell him he's seeing a new doctor here?" Angel asks.

"Don't want to upset him yet."

"Spike, he's already upset. You carried him up here kicking and screaming."

"Know that ya Wanker! Watcher deactivated me chip so's I could take care of him-whether he wanted it or not."

"Do you need help?"

Spike glares and Angel backs off.

"Nobody touches 'is arse but me."

"I am not trying to feel up your Mate Spike, " Angel sighs.

"Good cause I'd rip yer throat out, " Spike threatens, " Going ta get me Pet 'fore he wrinkles. Can leave anytime, " he snarls as he grabs a thick towel and heads into the bathroom.

Angel smirks at Spike's retreating back and stays seated in his chair by the bed. The obnoxious blonde is not throwing him out of his own bedroom.

*****

Spike sits on the toilet seat and holds out the towel.

"Out, Luv."

Xander looks up at the vampire then gets out. He shivers as Spike briskly rubs him dry. As soon as his Mate is finished he leans out the door.

"Deadboy, bring my boxers?"

"Not bloody dressin yet! Go lay down on the bed. Gettin your medicine, " Spike growls.

"I want my boxers Angel!" Xander shouts.

Spike grabs the teen and pulls him into the bedroom, "Lay down!"

Xander plants his feet and crosses his arms, "No."

Angel laughs and waits to see what Spike will do. He can lay Xander down by force but when he leaves to get the cream the teen can leave.

"You could help Peaches, " Spike glares at the chuckle.

"You told me you didn't need help William," the older vampire grins. A movement catches his eyes, "Xander's leaving."

*****

Xander hitches the towel higher and walks to the their room. He'll get his own boxers.

*****

"Why didn't you stop 'im Pillock!?" Spike snarls as he drags the youth back.

Angel just smirks.

"Soddin Hell! Get 'is medicine while I keep 'im 'ere, " Spike says with frustration.

Angel cups one hand over his ear, " Did you ask me to help Childe?"

"Please, " Spike grits his teeth.

"So I don't get any say?" Xander glares.

"No, " Spike says as he picks the teen up and lays him on the bed.

Angel walks down the hallway, enters the boys' room, digs the cream out of the bag and heads back.

"Spike, you so better let me up, " Xander threatens.

The vampire snorts in derision, " Plannin ta beat me up?" He holds the teen down with one hand. Spike sees Angel come back and yanks the towel off.

"Gimme that back!"

"Cream, Poof."

Angel tosses the tube on the bed and sits down to watch the show.

"Out, " Spike glares.

"I'm not leaving my room Spike. I might need to know how to do this."

"You are so not touching me Deadboy!" Xander comments with a shudder. He wrenches his body under Spike's hand but doesn't budge. He closes his eyes.

"Spike...quick please, " he pleads as the familiar helplessness sets in.

Spike glares one last time at the presence of Angel then sits on the bed. He gently strokes the trembling legs. When he pushes them up he hears a soft whimper.

"S'okay Pet. Quick touch an all done for a bit," Spike says as he continues to rub his boy's legs. When he hears the hitched breaths he scoots up to lay beside his Mate.

Angel watches the tender scene in total silence. Soon he realizes Spike is purring. The other vampire watches in amazement as his Grandchilde pets the dark hair. The Big Bad comforting a human. He notices Spike is unscrewing the cap of the cream while he cuddles his distraught Mate.

Spike squirts some of the medicine on his finger and attempts to reach between Xander's legs. The smaller man almost growls in frustration when he realizes his arm is too short. The second he stops petting the youth to stretch further, Xander breaks out in audible sobs. Spike steps up the purring and glares at Angel like its his fault. He goes back to soothing his boy.

Angel quietly gets up from his chair and kneels by the bed. He motions for the cream and waits to see what will happen.

Spike growls low enough only another vampire can hear him. He looks back and forth from Xander to Angel for a few moments then hands the tube to the other vampire with a game-face glare.

"Don't hurt 'im, " he snarls. He gives one last concerned look at the tube in Angel's hand then concentrates fully on Xander. He gently kisses away the tears and cards his fingers through the soft hair.

Angel squeezes out a dollop of cream and settles by the teen's legs. He gently ease the upright legs a little further apart and gives the boy a silent apology when the tears run faster. He uses one hand to expose the tiny hole and winces at the tears. Very carefully he applies the medication. Xander sobs brokenly as the feeling of violation returns. Angel quickly finishes and eyes Spike with new respect. His Grandchilde has been doing this twice a day, every day. And without complaint. After he re-caps the tube he quietly leaves to give the other two some time.

(27)

"There, there Xanpet. All done for now, " Spike soothes his Mate. He lifts Xander onto his chest and nuzzles the dark curls with his nose. To his relief the sobs die down into hiccups.

"Look up, Luv, " Spike coaxes and waits until the youth lifts his head. Then he shifts to game face and says, " Boo!" He grins as Xander gives a watery chuckle.

"No more hiccups, " the vampire says with a smirk.

"N-No. Spike?"

"Yeah, Pet?"

"Don't wanna do that again, " Xander says miserably.

"I know. Done for now, " Spike assures him.

Xander shudders and clings tighter to the vampire.
"Sorry I was being a brat, Spike. I just wigged."

"I know Xander. Not mad. Ready to get up?"
"Few more cuddles?" Xander begs.

"Always time for more cuddles, " Spike replies and strokes the head settled under his chin. The two lie there like that for another fifteen minutes.

Xander lifts his head off the vampire's chest. He looks Spike in the eyes as the older man cards his fingers through his hair.

"Whatcha lookin at ya git?" Spike asks, amused.

"You, " Xander replies simply. Then he kisses the skin in front of him and lays his head back down on his Mate's chest.

Spike doesn't say a word but his heart feels full to bursting.

Xander feels comfortable enough now to show small signs of his feelings for the vampire. It's a very big step in his healing. If Angel were to glance in right now he would see a dopey grin on Spike's face.

"Love you too, Pet, " he says and prods Xander up. "Need to eat now. Got some things to do today."

"Noooooooo, don't wanna get up, " Xander complains. "Make Deadboy get the groceries. Can't go out, daytime, " he finishes triumphantly.

"Got me sunspray, Whelp. Not to mention LA's fabulous sewer system. " 'S how Peaches gets around when sun's up. Now up!" Spike snarls with exasperation.

A pouting Xander finally stands beside the bed. He sullenly walks over to the dresser for clothes. He opens a drawer and turns to give Spike a puzzled look at the unrelenting black fabrics.

"Poof's room, Poof's dresser, Poof's broody black clothes, " the vampire explains.

Xander flushes with embarrassment, he forgot they are in Deadboy's room.

"Though black might be an improvement on yer sunglasses-required ensembles, " Spike points out sardonically.

Xander sticks his tongue out and stomps to the room they are staying in. A smirking Spike follows him. He pulls out his baggiest pair of Khakis, a fluorescent orange t-shirt, a truly hideous purple Hawaiian shirt with pineapple print, plain white tube socks, and a pair of battered sneakers.

Spike looks on, horrified, as Xander dresses. He grabbed clothes for the teen in the dark and can't believe he packed THAT!

Dressed, a smug Xander looks at the vampire. "Thanks for packing my favorite shirt, Blondie, " he grins at the speechless vampire.

"Yer not appearing in public...with me... in that get up??" Spike almost pleads.

Xander sticks out his lower lip, "You said you love me!"

"Do love you, Pet, " Spike quickly agrees, stalling the coming tears.

"Then you won't care what I wear, " Xander says with narrowed eyes and walks out of the room.

Spike realizes this is an argument he can only lose and for once, wisely shuts up. He applies his sunspray before following his boy down the stairs.

Angel is sitting at the front desk and looks up as the two walk down to him. He does a double take at Xander's idea of acceptable clothes and grins but when the young man winks at him he loses it to gut busting laughter. Spike has his hands full and he couldn't be more pleased. He notes with amusement his grandchilde is growling.

"Shut up Peaches, " he snarls. "Goin out for a bit, need to feed my pet... stop laughin ya Pillock!"

Angel only laughs harder as Spike yanks Xander out the door to the Hyperion. His grandchilde has a certain reputation in the demon community and the snappily dressed vampire is not exactly happy Harris is dressed like a clown. He hopes the teen gives Spike Hell today. The laughter abruptly stops when he realizes Spike just walked out the front door-into the sunlight! He hastily runs across the floor and cautiously opens the door, looking down. Where he expects to see a pile of dust he sees nothing. No upset Xander, no ashes of Spike. He looks up and sees a still scowling Spike stalking down the sidewalk with a grinning Xander bouncing along behind. He growls in irritation, he hates mysteries. Those two better have some good answers when they get back.

(28)

Xander feels less bouncy as the Hyperion disappears from sight. Teasing Spike gave him temporary courage that is almost gone. He shrinks into himself with each new step.

A scowling Spike finally notices his Mate is not so energetic and looks at him. He notes the return of the terror and pulls Xander to his chest. "Can only be out two hours, Pet, can do it, " he soothes.

"I-I know. Not like I miss Deadboy..."

A tall man walks past the two and Xander jumps. The man gives the youth a puzzled look, shakes his head, then moves on. Xander feels calmer when the sidewalk is once again clear. Spike growls and starts to stalk the man that scared his Pet.

"No, please, not his fault I'm scared of anyone with a penis, Spike. Just, lets get this over with, " Xander pleads as he tugs on Spike's arm.

"Got it Pet. Going to get you some lunch then pick up some clothes. Where do you want to eat?" he asks while rubbing the teen's back.

"Shop then take hamburgers home?" Xander asks hopefully.

"Eat if we do that?" Spike asks suspiciously.

"Sure will. Um, where are we gonna shop?" he says timidly.

"Know a place, " Spike takes his Mate's hand and leads him to an out of the way shop.

To Xander's surprise its not Goth and the only leather he sees is a rack of coats. He hides behind Spike a bit as the vampire looks at jeans. The store is small and other than the fuzzy demon at the register, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. No garish prints, not overabundance of black, just normal pants, jeans, and colorful t-shirts. Good quality clothes but still ordinary. On the back wall is a floor to ceiling shoe rack. He edges closer to Spike when the demon comes over. He or she is seven foot tall with curved horns on the head, long blue fur, and purple spots. The head resembles a bull with a squashed muzzle. The grin on its face would be more reassuring if not for the pointed teeth displayed in the smile. He sidesteps around Spike until he is facing the vampire's chest.

Spike turns around to see what is making his Mate hide. As soon as he spies the other demon he grins.

"Fuzzball, still workin here I see."

Xander peeks over the vampire's shoulder, "Uh, hi."

"S'alright, Luv. E's an old mate. Thought he was dead, " he mock glares at the fuzzy demon.

"Slayer was on my tail, Spike, had to hide. So introduce me to the cute human you are hiding, " Fuzzball smiles.

Spike pulls the youth in front of him, "This is my Mate, Xander, " he says proudly.

The other demon wisely doesn't mention Dru. "Kinda small, isn't he?"

"Hey!" Xander protests.

"Bet he's spoiled. So what brings you back here, Spike?"

"Needed me Grandsire's help, " Spike scowls.

"Ugh, parents. Glad my species eat ours when we reach maturity."

"Ew!" Xander scrunches his nose up in disgust.

"Fuzzy's just puttin you on, Pet. His Mum makes the best chocolate chip cookies. Don't scare me Mate, " Spike snarls at the laughing demon.

"Sorry, sorry, he just is so easy. What do you need?"

"Ring up these jeans an whatever shirts an shoes me Pet picks out. Put 'em on Peaches' tab."

"I-I already picked out some shirts." Xander cautiously holds out some plain t-shirts in bright colors.

"Good choices, Luv. Let's get you some shoes."
"I have shoes, Spike, I wanna go home, " Xander pleads.

"Tired already?"

Xander nods miserably.

"Right then, let's get yer gear. Can order some food at the hotel, " Spike gathers the youth up and holds him close.

Fuzzball comes over with the bag and Spike shuffles out the door with Xander clinging the whole way. He pets the arms clutching his waist and growls at the strange glances they are garnering.

"Not far, Pet, almost there, " he calms, then curses quietly as Xander starts whimpering. In broad daylight, on a busy LA sidewalk, the vampire picks up his human and starts carrying him the rest of the way. Finally, he reaches the Hyperion and props Xander while he opens the door. Angel is standing on the other side.

"William, you have some explaining to do! It wasn't nice of you to keep secrets from your Grandsire. I saw you in the sun and you aren't dust. What the Hell is going on?!" he roars.

"Shut up, Pillock! Now's not the time!" Spike snarls.

Angel starts to holler again then he notices the huddled teen in Spike's arms. Xander is pasty faced with glazed, un-seeing eyes and tremors.

"Take him upstairs and cover him with blankets. I'll boil some water for tea. But Spike?" he waits until the other vampire halts at the top of the stairs, " We will be talking.

Spike snorts and walks down to the bedroom. He lays Xander gently on the bed and tucks the covers around the teen. He strokes the sweaty forehead and waits for the panic attack to pass.

*****

Angel pours water over the tea bag and warms up two cups of blood while it steeps. He remembers how Xander looked and hopes he and Spike can take care of him by themselves. The microwave beeps during his reverie and he takes the tea bag out and stirs some sugar in. Juggling three mugs, he starts up the stairs. He walks into Spike and Xander's room but finds it empty. Walking down the hallway, he peeks in his own doorway and frowns.

*****

Spike looks up and sees Angel, " Yer bed is bigger, Peaches. Wanted me Mate comfy."

Angel sighs and sets the cups down. "Try not to make a habit out of it, Spike. How's Xander?" he asks as he hands his Grandchilde one of the blood mugs.

"Ta. Whelp's still out of it. Think he had what the Doc called a panic attack. Never had one before, " he says worriedly.

"He'll be fine, Childe. We are both here and he's safe. Now we just have to get him to see that."

"Can do it myself, Peaches, don't need yer help, " Spike growls.

"You might not but Xander does, now move over, " Angel sits on the other side of Xander. After ignoring a few snarls from Spike, Angel starts purring.

Spike goes yellow-eyed, he can do a better job calming his Mate than the Poof.

Angel smirks as Spike starts purring as well but at a higher volume. Both men are relieved when the teen's eyes flutter then close. Soon Xander is sleeping peacefully. Angel lays down and is amused to see Spike flash his fangs at him before he lays down too. Soon all three men are napping.

(29)

Xander wakes up slowly and stretches, he isn't sure what happened yesterday.

He remembers terror sliding icy tendrils into his chest. With his heart pounding in his chest and his breaths coming fast, he searches frantically for his Mate. He vaguely remembers being carried and blushes at the memory.

The cold bodies on either side of him shift as he sits up and looks around the room. After recognizing Angel's room, he scoots to the end of the bed carefully and stands. Entering the bathroom quietly, he closes the door.

*****

Spike pats the bed beside him sleepily, searching for Xander. His alarm at finding an empty space dies down as his frantic flailing pulls the body he finds closer. Wrapping arms and legs around the other occupant of the bed, he drops a soft kiss on the forehead.

"Yer freezin, Pet, " he comments with sleepy concern. The human in his arms seems rather cold. The vampire drifts back to sleep.

Angel wakes up, help close in strong male arms. He reaches out and pets the teen's hair. Funny, he didn't know Xander uses gel in his hair. With a shrug, he continues the gentle touches. He really is a good kid and Angel is glad Spike brought him here. He hopes the youth will go back to Sunnydale significantly more healed. It is kind of nice being used for a giant teddy bear. He smiles, still mostly asleep, then goes to back to sleep too. Both Spike and Angel think they are holding Xander.

*****

Xander takes care of his morning nature call then turns on the bathtub taps. Getting the medicated powder down, he measures two tablespoons into the mostly hot water. He peels off his boxers and steps gingerly into the almost too hot water. Wincing, he turns the taps off and relaxes against the back of the bathtub. He takes a washcloth, soaks it in the water, then folds it into a rectangle to put over his eyes. Lulled by the warm heat on his face and soothed by the steaming water, he goes to sleep.

*****

Spike nuzzles his boy's head softly and is startled when the fluffy hair pokes his cheek. When did Xander spike his hair? He lays a hand on the teen's chest to feel the relaxing heartbeat. The vampire leaps up and starts pounding on Angel's chest in an attempt to start the dead heart.

"Soddin human, not allowed ta die on me! Wake up, Ponce, Xan's heart stopped!"

Angel is having a nice calm dream about taking Wesley's virginity when he is rudely awakened by someone pounding on his chest.

Spike finally wakes up enough to see he is hammering on his GrandSire. He hauls off and slugs Angel.

"What the fuck what that for?" Angel growls, barely restraining himself from tearing Spike's head off.

" 'S for makin me think you were me Mate an he was dead!" Spike growls back. He knows he is being unreasonable but he was terrified!

The answer is so ludicrous that Angel's scowl turns to chuckles. Spike glares at him briefly before he smirks back.

"Pillock."

"Brat Childe."

"Poof."

"Obnoxious waste of demon blood."

"Hairboy."

"Ya know Spike, coming from a gelled, bleached vampire, I have never understood that insult."

"Its them little spikey things in yer hair, Peaches, " Spike shrugs.

"Where's Xander?" Angel wonders.

Spike sniffs a few times, " In the bathroom. Smell 'is medicine too, good boy."

Both vampires creep over and quietly open the door to the bathroom. Xander is still sleeping in the bathtub. Angel fetches a towel while Spike opens the drain. Xander wakes up as the water leaves his body and he chills. He looks up with a start, then smiles when he sees Spike.

"C'mon Luv, going to get sick, " his vampire says as he lifts the youth out of the empty bathtub.

"Gonna get wet, Spike, " Xander says as he cuddles closer.

"I do dry ya git, " Spike snorts as he lowers his Mate onto the towel Angel is holding. He rubs Xander down briskly, then wraps him securely in the towel. Angel precedes them into the bedroom. He pulls the tube of cream out and hands it to Spike. Xander shudders when he sees the tube and hides his head in the vampire's chest. He sits on the bed, still cuddling his Mate.

"Going ta fight me, Pet?"

"N-No... Doesn't do any good. Don't like it though, " Xander says softly.

"I know."

Spike looks at Angel and snarls, "Don't like that yer here but since yer not leavin, you can help." He lays down on the bed and pulls a naked Xander on top of him. Situating the teen's legs on either side of his hip, he exposes his Mate's anus. Angel quickly gets a fingerful of cream and sits down near Spike's knees.

Just as Xander starts to really panic, Spike begins to kiss him carefully, waiting to see what will happen. To his surprise and delight, Xander hesitantly licks the other man's lips. Its isn't more than a flutter, but it is a positive response. Spike opens his mouth and waits to see what the teen will do. He has to hold back a groan at the first tentative brush on his gums.

Xander continues to map the vampire's mouth with his tongue. Spike unintentionally shifts and its Xander's turn to moan as his penis is crushed into the vampire's pelvis. The small frisson of fear is turning into fledgling desire.

*****

Angel takes the opportunity to apply the cream and any discomfort is lost in all the new sensations. He looks at the other two males then leaves, this moment is not for him.

*****

Spike gazes up at his human and searches the dark eyes very carefully for fear. The closest thing he sees is an endearing uncertainty. With a smirk, he rocks deliberately against Xander's groin.

Xander has never felt anything like this. He can't get enough of the taste of Spike's mouth and the friction on his penis is driving him insane. He groans as Spike rubs him again and briefly rests his forehead on the vampire.

"Need to stop, Luv?" Spike asks reluctantly. He can stop now but it will not be easy. His Mate's innocent touches have brought him to the brink faster than any amount of experience.

"Scared but feels good. Not wrong?" Xander asks pleadingly.

"Not wrong, never wrong. Just do what feels right, " Spike encourages the confused human.

"Skin, " the teen comments and explains by tugging on the vampire's jeans.

Spike skins out of his clothes so fast he worries the boy will have friction burns, "Better?"

Xander answers by bucking down onto his Mate. He peppers the vampire's face with frantic kisses. A cold tongue seeks entrance to his own mouth and he welcomes the intruder.

Spike is more forceful than he is and seems to be giving the inside of the human's mouth a tongue bath. As the teen loses the rhythm in all the new sensations, the vampire continues to grind up into his pelvis. Spike reaches blindly for the cream tube and manages to discover Angel forgot to close it when he squishes the medicine all over his hand. He smears some on a finger and cautiously reaches behind Xander to circle the hidden opening.

At the first touch the human freezes with fear. Spike shushes his Mate and ceases the attempt. He is shocked when the boy shakes his head and grabs his arm, putting the finger back where it was.

Xander gives a full body shiver when a fingertip starts gently flicking in and out of him. The feeling is almost but not quite a tickle. Tickling never made him see stars. He tenses briefly as the questing finger is slid in ever so slowly. The slight twinge from the tears is forgotten as Spike
light brushes something inside of him. Between the cold tongue devouring him mouth, the friction on his penis and now the stroke over is prostate, he is lost.

Spike feels Xander tighten up and then his release with satisfaction and no small amount of pride. His Pet let him love him. The thought sends him over the edge and he howls out his own completion. Spike and Xander lay puddled with one another until they both drift off.

*****

Angel winces at the howl then gives the two a few minutes to let them recover. He cautiously peeks in the doorway and smiles when he sees them snoring softly. His face wrinkles at the white substance flaking on their bodies. Entering his bathroom, he fixes a basin of warm water and carries it to the bed.

Xander wiggles a bit as he gently cleans the human's skin, but neither male truly wakes. He gives them both a quick but thorough washing, then pulls the sheet over them. Grabbing a case folder off his nightstand, he relaxes on the other side of his bed. Every once in a while he looks up and watches the Mates sleep with a fond smile.

 

END PART 29