Title: Xander's Coming Home

Author: CaliaDragon

Fandom: Buffy

Rating: G

Category: AU

Disclaimer: Not Mine.

Summary: Xander's coming home.

Thanks to Edi for the beta.

Archive: Those with prior permission and BC

Feedback:
caliadragon@myself.com

AN: I may do more of this later, but for now it's just this.


Xander's Coming Home
by CaliaDragon

It's been a year since he was destroyed. A year since the woman he loved and cared for left him shattered and confused. A year since he walked in on her having sex with the person he trusted most in the world. It was made even worse by the look in his mentor's eye. Knowing that the woman he loved had resorted to magic to control him.

Later, after he had thrown her out, he had taken the one he could trust to their mutual friend to have the spell removed. A year since he last looked at them and realized he couldn't stay there any longer.

They had all understood. They had wept and watched as he drove away. A year. A year that had been a never ending hell. A year in which he realized that cards, letters, phone calls and emails were not enough. A year without seeing them daily. A year without fighting at their side. A year without touching them. A year without telling a joke or making fun of the latest bad thing to come along.

It had been a very long year. That was now thankfully coming to an end. It was time to come home. He was stronger, older and knew more now than when he left. That year had been used for learning all that he could, but now he was driving past the Welcome to Sunnydale sign and a laugh was working its way out at the message sprayed across it. He knew that an annoying blonde and a beautiful teen were responsible for it and for Xander Harris the message meant he was finally home.

'Population dying every fifteen seconds. Run! Wanker, Run!'

None of his friends knew he was coming or that he was home for good. He knew his first stop would be the Magic Box. Knowing the Scoobies the way he did, he knew that they would all be meeting there. Talking or arguing about the latest beastie.

When he parked out front he could see several other cars and wondered who else was there on a Tuesday night. One of the cars seemed vaguely familiar, but he couldn't remember why.

As he walked through the front door he could hear voices raised and walked silently until he could see Spike and Angel facing off against one another. "So, you two gonna kiss or what?" he asked,
amused by the fact that the two were gaping at him in shock.

______

Oh, my. Xander's grown up. I can't believe how different he looks. He's wearing leather and a sleeveless t-shirt. I can feel my mouth beginning to water and blush as I realize I'm not the only one. Don't get me wrong, I love Willow, but wow. He's grinning and looking at us all with happy amusement.

It takes only a minute before everyone snaps out of their shock and he's being surrounded by all of his friends. He laughs and holds on tight to Willow. Kisses Buffy on the cheek and holds Dawn tight. He shocks everyone by grabbing Giles and hugging him. Oh how cute, Giles is blushing.

I blush as he hugs me as well, then turns his attention to Cordelia. He grins at her and nods at the rest of them. His attention turns back to the door as a beautiful, black haired man comes in. Holding out a hand, his smile gentles as the man takes him hand and he pulls him to his side. Turning back to us all he smiles again. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet my husband, Harry Harris-Potter."

"Holy shit!" I blush as everyone turns to look at me, but giggle at the wicked grin that I get from Xander. I always did like his sense of humor and timing.


End