Title: Wrong Climate, Angel

Fandom(s): Angel / Buffy TVS

Pairing: Xander/Angel

Author: Kieren

Published: 2001.02.24

Rating: R

Email: kieren_56@yahoo.co.uk

Disclaimers: All characters by Joss Wheldon. ME, Fox, WB, UPN, all other rightful claimers own them. No copyright infringement intended.

Summary: One of them was bound to change. Surprising? Yes. And now it's back to Sunnydale and the Protectors come face to face.

Warnings: you can infer exchange of bodily fluids and light BDSM

Notes: my first ever fic in these fandoms. If you're feeling generous keep it in mind...


"Wrong Climate, Angel"
by Kieren

Angel looked at Xander. He had gone back to sleep, barely allowing his lover to clean his wounds. Waves of guilt blended with love for this fearless young man. But Angel's eyes saw the marks on Xander's wrists, his back covered in long lines. He had been whipped with no mercy. But he had only cried, he never once howled in pain as Angelus meant him to. That pissed him off badly and accounted for repeated rape.

Angel couldn't face Xander's soft but weak "Morning."

"You shouldn't have come with me. I was wrong. I almost killed you last night..."

"Don't be like that. It was only pain. I can handle physical pain... I'm just afraid that..."

"What?"

"I need to know you love me. As for the rest I'll give as good as I take next time. Promise."

"I do. I love you, you know that."

"You regret making me... more like you?"

"I don't know. At least you're asking all the right questions..."

"Must be love."

"I'm sure it is. How else would you forgive me for..."

"I enjoyed it. Sorry if this comes as a shock, but I did."

"You didn't shout with pleasure. No sound. Just sobbing... How am I supposed to react? I'm scared of losing you. Scared of what might happen if you stay..."

"245 years old and you're telling me you're scared?"

"Honesty's a big deal for me these days..."

Xander smiled and pulled Angel back to bed.

"No rules about daytime fucking, I take it?"

"None. Just stay in the shade."

"Right. LA is so the right place for that... Come here!"

"What's this?"

"A morning fuck. Figured you might be missing my warmth on you. Inside you."

"So we're not going out of this bedroom, are we?"

"Clashes with your business plans, I know..."

Xander held Angel's head to his cock. It was the strangest feeling, slithery wet cold. But his cock seemed more pleased than he ever remembered.

"Turn around. I'm not in the mood for sticking my fingers up your ass. I know you can 'take me', right?

Angel shifted, and as Xander impaled him he moaned his pleasure. His Angelus face did not manifest itself. But Xander's teeth were definitely drilling his neck. Cold blood flowing out. Hot semen invading him as Xander came.

------

As soon as sundown made it safe for him, Angelus used to get out. Not tonight. Xander hadn't turned into a vampire, couldn't even put on a semblance of a vamp face. His silver crucifix had melted into his skin. Agony. When the agony was over Angelus stretched out his arm. And Death was his once more, only this time it brought release. It left Angel sobbing in Xander's rocking embrace.

"What are you?"

"I'm the One. The one who was always meant to do anything, hurt you, slay you, be fucked by you. Anything to make you fully human. Anything to persuade you to come back with me to Sunnydale. Angelus will never rise again."

"Love?"

"Yes. I've taken away from you the curse of immortality. It takes love to do it. Tough love, gentle love, unrestrained love. Do you resent me?"

"Love you."

Sunnydale at sunrise was even quieter than its usual placid self. They had no trouble in relocating. Angel had money. Xander had a clear sense of direction. No more flats. A home. Big enough for friends. Big enough for Angel to feel safe. He was the one needing reassuring now.

The Scooby-gang was aware that Anya had left. They knew Xander had not gone after her. Giles opened his door to face two lovers lost in wild behaviour.

"Angelus is gone forever, Anya took off. I'm in love with Angel, and it's pretty much mutual. Any questions?"

Willow and Tara smiled and advanced to hug a jubilant Xander and a stunned Angel. Giles just mumbled "fine, whatever" but later on seemed interested in the details of how to bring back the living from the undead.

Riley and Buffy had to struggle with deeper issues. Riley was frankly glad. Buffy hesitated for a fraction of time. Then each couple wished the other the best.

Dreamland was so welcoming. Tumbling down the stairs Giles introduced his one night stand. A young male. Still partially bound. Still naked.

"Calls himself Protector. Doesn't really suit him. Everybody, meet Colin."

Disapproving looks all around. Except from Xander who had just noticed the crucifix. Identical to his. Melted into flesh. Protector, uh? Could there be two in the same town, same century? He was inclined to think yes. He felt no threat.

"Giles, you release him right now!"

Tara raising her voice?

Giles had had a few. Before he could comply, Tara did the job herself from across the room.

"I'd better get dressed."

Colin's voice sounded so... soothing. Whatever had come over Giles to...

In a flash Colin was back downstairs. He thanked Tara, who introduced him to the rest of the group.

"A Protector, here?"

Xander felt this was his truth, not just Colin's fantasy.

"Looks like it. No rules against us being friends, I hope?"

"None." He smiled and turned to Angel.

"Welcome back. It'll take time to get used to mortality. He'll guide you. Love's not a requirement - you two must have done some good stuff together."

Angel grinned. Blushed. "I guess we must have."

"He knows best, so shut up."

Another Xander/Angel kiss and no one averted their gaze. All felt right. Even the stranger exuded peace. Protector Colin waved his goodbyes and left into the night.

"If anyone needs to talk or... anything, Giles has my number. I think."

The door shut behind him. Heads turned Giles' way. He was slumbering with not a wrinkle of worry on his face.


finis