TITLE: Visitor At Midnight.

AUTHOR: Esme.

EMAIL: akiyah2000@yahoo.co.uk

FEEDBACK: Yes please.

DISTRIBUTION: If you want it, take it, just let me know.

SUMMARY: Xander gets a visitor at midnight.

WARNINGS: Slash . m/m intimacy.

SPOILERS: None that I know of, but it is set in Season Five, and Anya never happened.

RATING: NC-17

DISCLAIMER:I don't own the characters. They belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy etc...

NOTES: This was my first ever Spike/Xander fic.

WRITTEN:16/10/2001



Visitor At Midnight.
by Esme.

He's here, I can feel him. Here. In the Dark. I don't hear him, of course. I just know he is here.

Moonlight seeps in through the window blinds. Its' rays dancing around the room, like stars; twinkling in Midnight. ~ It must be around midnight now. ~

He's closer. Moving. My heart races with the knowledge of his nearing presence, and I can almost feel him touching me, caressing me; gingerly, tenderly, attentively. Touching like I've never been touched before.

Sometimes I think he knows my desire for him. Knows that I want him, that I need him. Sometimes I think he can sense it, but he never says. Just occasionally catches my gaze with his beautiful, piercing blue eyes; and I flush with emotion, and look away.

Tonight was no exception.

We were all in the magic shop, talking about, well, nothing really. There's not much going on since the last demons were killed. I was gazing, and glancing, and he caught me, and smiled. An amazing smile. A smile that holds my hopes of him, and his love.

It all started with the demons. He saved me, you see. I was being all macho and 'I am capable of fighting y' know.' I was doing quite well too, until I was slammed face first into a brick wall. In the midst of confusion, and muffled growls, I saw him, between the demon and I. Fighting, tearing, cutting at it with an axe, until it fell to the floor with a crumpled thud.

Before I knew it, he was helping me to my feet and off into the night. As we left our friends, the demons defeated; he rested one of his hands on the small of my back, and the other, ever-so-lightly on my forearm, to guide me to the safety of my home. He'd insisted on making sure I got there safely.

Hours seemed to pass on that walk to safety. I didn't know where to put my eyes, so I just looked at the floor. Having him that close was too perfect, even in those circumstances. I invited him in, expecting him to leave as soon as I was safe and sound in bed, asleep.

But he didn't.

I woke the next morning to find him still curled into my armchair, next to the bedside table. I mused that he had watched over me all night to make sure that I was okay. He was fast asleep, he looked so beautiful, so peaceful. He also looked really cold, though he probably wasn't, but for some reason, I put a blanket over him.

Compelled to do so, I ran the back of my hand gently over the cool skin of his cheek, placed a soft kiss on his forehead, and left for work.

When I came home that evening, he was gone. That was two weeks ago.

But he is here now. His stealth, avoiding the capture of the moonlight, so that I cannot see him. My heart knows that he is close. Then he is next to me, sitting on my bed, and I go to speak. What I would say I do not know, but I feel a single, cool finger, pressed lightly against my lips. So I say nothing.

"Ssh, love," whispers the sweet voice. "Just feel. Don't think, don't speak. Just feel."

His voice comes closer, and then trails off. I feel a cool tongue slide across my lower lip. I shudder. ~ This has to be a dream. ~ I can't be lucky enough for this to be reality, not after all this time; wishing, hoping. ~ Ooh, feels so cool. ~

The tongue first, and then his lips on mine. I open my mouth and kiss back. The electricity in the air strengthens ten-fold, and I get caught in the moment. Wrapping my arms around my visitor, I feel skin on skin, his cool flesh against my aching warmth. Then he is gone, and I just lay here, still.

His voice breaks the silence, my heart racing; but he speaks softly, right into my ear.

"Do you ache for me Xander?"

My name rolls from his lips with one, sweet, unneeded breath. Full of complete desire.

I moan from its' resounding pleasure, and feel the brush of his cheek against my own, as he plants small tender kisses on my neck and shoulder; occasionally licking and nipping the skin, until he feels me shudder beneath him. Then he is kissing me again, invading my mouth with his tongue, exploring every part until I feel like I can take no more.

I open my eyes as I break the kiss, and find his own staring into them. My gaze falls to his face as he smiles ~ my hopes of him, and his love, ~ and I memorise every line, every curve, every defined feature.

"Say my name, Xander."

I shiver again, pulsating with desire for him. "Spike.." I whisper, longingly.

"No," he replies, looking saddened. "Say my real name, say William."

"William," I respond. And as he brings his body to my own, I feel wanted, I feel loved. I feel like I love.

"I ache for you, William.. I. Love. You."

I can hardly believe I have said it myself, so I am surprised to see nothing but smiling eyes, shining back at me in response.

He lies beside me, staring and smiling, then moves, until he hovers over me. ~ like an angel ~ He runs the back of his hand gently over my cheek, leans down, and places a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, Xander. I have done for a long time now. I knew you felt something. I was just waiting for you to realise what it was. Then you showed me.. I watched you sleep. You looked so beautiful, so peaceful. You spoke my real name, William; and in the morning, you kissed me."

I trace my fingers through his hair, and down towards his lips. "Why didn't you stay? You weren't here when I came home."

"I didn't know how to tell you. I couldn't face rejection, not from you, and I didn't want to scare you. I NEVER want to scare you."

"William." I look at him, and see honesty. I see the love I have longed for, and the safety of that love. "I love you, I trust you. I will never be scared of you.. I mean it."

I feel his cool skin against my chest and I whimper. His mouth caresses my own in a kiss, and he moves down my body, sucking and nibbling, catching my nipples in his mouth. Running his fingers through my hair, and down, along the sides of my neck, and chest and ~ ooh, oh, oh! ~ His tongue slides down to my navel, and he plants soft kisses there. His hands, now on my hips, his fingers, now caressing my inner thighs.

"Mmm.."

My hardness twitches at the feel of his cool tongue over its' tip. Then he takes me into his mouth, all of me; and I writhe and thrust with pleasure. ~ I'm so close, so close, ~ then he stops. Swept onto my side, he leans gently into my back , wrapping his arms around my front, scraping fingernails over my nipples, kneading me with long, cool fingers.

"Are you sure, Xander?" He asks. "I mean, do you.. are you sure? About this, about us?"

I gaze in disbelief. "About us? Absolutely," I reply. "About this? 'This' is part of 'us.' I'm not saying I'm not nervous, I am; but I love you, and I trust you. I know you won't hurt me Will." I turn, and pull him close to kiss him. He purrs, ~ he's purring? ~ and sends a shiver up my spine.

"Thank you, Xander."

He kisses me again, a little harder; passionately, though not emotionless, and it's nice. ~ very nice ~ My erection grows beneath his touch. He feels it, and thrusts against my hip, kissing his way down my back to the base of my spine, and I shudder. He feels it, and continues. He leans over me, and fumbles a little, then a single finger slides into me. ~ amazing ~

"You okay pet?"

"Mmm.." I respond. It's a little uncomfortable, but very nice, especially when, "ooh, oh!" ~ prostate ~

There are two fingers now, thrusting, scissoring my entrance and stretching my insides, and ~ oh fuck, ~ three fingers, and ~ Jesus that feels good. ~ He hits 'that' spot again, and I'm overwhelmed, and thrusting forward into his hand, ~ harder, ~ then pushing back onto his long fingers, ~ deeper ~ "Amazing.." And they're gone.

"It's okay Xan, we're not finished yet," he says softly, reassuringly. "Just relax. Relax, and feel, Xander."

The words soothe me. Everything had just fallen into place, I was ecstatic, trying to hold back my orgasm. ~ Bliss, sweet bliss. ~ Then I feel him fill me, slowly; and I thought I'd tense up and it would hurt, but I don't. I feel his cool skin against mine, his lips on the back of my neck, and I relax, and he sinks in deeper.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" My lover whispers.

I reply vaguely, don't even know what I said, but I shudder in ecstasy, and that's enough of an answer for him. He thrusts deeper inside me and ~ oh God! ~ it feels better than I'd ever imagined, better than I ever thought it would. ~ Sweet, gentle pain. Consume me and devour me. Take me to a place where this can be, forever. ~

"Drink from me, Will. Claim me for your own. Make this forever. Known by all."

"Xan, I don't think that I.."

I thrust back onto his hardness, taking him fully into me, and he moans and purrs and shudders with delight.

"Please William, let me pleasure you more. Release yourself to me. Let me become part of you. Let me share part of your being. I want this, I need this. I need you. Forever."

It pleasures us both as his fangs slide gently into my neck. He drinks deeply. ~ Breathtaking, oh, I'm so close. ~ I feel like exploding, the sensation of him drinking from me, the feel of him thrusting deeper inside. I release my passion into his hand, and it sends him over the edge, one more thrust and I feel his cool seed fill me. We shudder into each others orgasm; shaking, slowing, loving.

He gently licks the tender wound at the base of my neck, and slides out from my warmth. Placing a cool kiss on my cheek, he moves, and I roll onto my back. We are kissing again. Slowly, passionately, lovingly; and he wraps his arm over my chest and side. His eyes never leaving my own, I fall in love with him all over again.

"I do love you Xander. I want you to know. I mean, I've not loved a human since well.. Since I was one myself I suppose. But I do honestly love you.. Promise me something?"

"What is it?" I ask gently. He looks nervous.

"Promise you'll never leave me. I don't know what I'd do if you.."

I place my finger over his lips. "Ssh, darling. I promise it will never happen, I wouldn't leave you, couldn't leave you. It would kill me to lose you. I love you William. You complete me."

I pull him close and we kiss. Sweetly. Gently. Basking in each others love, we huddle closer, caressing one another, and we fall asleep in each others arms, knowing we would still be there together in the morning.

 

end