Title: Tribal Responsibility

Author: Kate R.

Disclaimer: Not mine and never will be.

Rating: PG-13 to R

Pairings: Angel/Wes, Giles/Ethan, Xander/Spike, Jim/Blair

Summary: A Sentinel is needed to handle something on the Hellmouth.

Crossover with The Sentinel

Notes: AU, definite AU.

 

Tribal Responsibility
by Kate R.

Prologue: The Dream

The fix lay wounded in its den, the great bear wrapped around it trying to comfort it. The Fox had been hurt. The fox was torn and bleeding inside. It was crying out for help. Crying for protection. Crying for...

"Sentinel!" the voice came. He looked up wearily and saw the panther watching him. "Sentinel, your tribe needs you."

"My tribe?" he asked. "My tribe is here."

"Your tribe is there as well. There, where the mouth of hell is. Your Tribe calls out for you, Sentinel. They need you."

"They did not want me," he told the panther. The Panther gave him a look.

"They do not get a choice, Sentinel. They are your tribe and they need you. Go now, Sentinel. Gather your Guide and the others of the tribe and go to them. The time has come for your Tribe to be one. Go now, Sentinel, go and do your duty. But I warn you, Beware the Venomous Rose. That is the evil which you must defeat."

The dream ended abruptly and Wesley sat bolt upright in bed. Angel was there by his side in a second looking at him as Wes stumbled out of the bed and grabbed for his clothes.

"Sunnydale," Wes said. "Have to go to Sunnydale. We all do. Tribe has to be one. I have to protect them too."

"Okay, who has to go to Sunnydale?" Angel asked as they came down the steps into the lobby of the Hyperion where the rest of their group was waiting.

"All of us," Wesley said. "We have to go and deal with it. All of us."

"Deal with what?" Angel asked.

"Willow."

END PROLOGUE

abelard950@aol.com