Title: The Zeppo's Past Revisited

Author: Kate R

Disclaimer: Silverhawks belong to Rankin/Bass, Buff characters and Angel characters belong to Joss. In other words, NONE of them belong to me.
.
Rating: PG-13 to possible R

Pairings: Angel/Wes/Spike, Giles/Ethan, Xander/Will, Willow/Tara

Summary: 5 years after the ascension and Buffy's death the Scoobies have all grown up and gone their separate ways. The main core eventually came back together except for Xander. Now, Xander needs help, Xander calls for help, Xander gets help

Silver Hawks Crossover

 

The Zeppo's Past Revisited
by Kate R


Chapter 1: Scooby Reunion

"Wonder when they'll get here," Xander said to himself as he and Will sat at the table in the briefing room. Ooh, the prick was being an even bigger prick than usual. He couldn't wait for Giles to get Jon. No one wanted to screw with Rupert Giles. And if he were really lucky, Deadboy would come. Deadboy would have fun with the jerk.

"What's making you smile like that, love?" Will asked him.

Xander grinned and shook his head. "Imagining what happens when the Scoobies get here," Xander told him.

Will's sister Emily joined them. She and Will were the reason he had called for his old friends to begin with. Granted it had only been five years but Xander had been afraid they wouldn't come. Willow had said that they would be there ASAP though and he was glad. He still had friends.

"So, Xander," Jon said sneering his name. "When are your friends going to get here?"

"Not sure," Xander said. "Willow said ASAP but seeing as she likely had to track down a few people I really don't---Oh, hell...."

A swirling mass of light, what Giles had once explained to him in Xander speak as 'Swirly Vortex Thingy' had appeared in the room above the floor. Xander stared as people began to fall out of it. After 8 people fell out, it closed. It was dead quiet for a moment before a familiar voice to Xander spoke.

"Ow! That's it luv, next time you drive."

"Sorry, Giles," a girl's voice he knew said. "We all know I suck at landings."

"That's not a surprise," a cockney accent said. "Red, you suck at driving period. Thank god Peaches has insurance on all of our cars."

"Angel, while I normally appreciate any part of you in contact with my arse, could you kindly move your knee so I can get up?" a somewhat familiar voice said.

"Not in Public," Xander said automatically.

"He said get up, Donut Boy," That had to be Angel. "Not get it up."

"Hi Xander," the girl’s voice said.

Xander stared at the girl---no, the woman in front of him. Willow had grown up like he had.

"How is my Xander friend?"

"Hi Willow. I'm good." He said as he hugged her. "G-Man?"

"Hello, Xander," Giles said as he pulled Xander into a hug. "How are you boy?"

"I'm good, we're in need of a watcher."

"Well, cool," A girl he didn't know, said. "You're in luck cause we brought two. Right Poppa Wes?"

"Only if he wants me. I'm normally only book man for Angel."

"Says my walking Arsenal. Hi, Harris."

"Deadboy," Xander said as he realized the blond was Spike and the man who had made the crack about Angel's knee in his ass was--- "Wesley?"

"What? Oh, sorry. How are you Xander? Dawn, please don't do that right now. We have to learn who is annoying and who is tolerable first. What did you call us for, Xander?"

"Well, we recently had an influx of Demons and uhm, something happened."

"Oh?" Giles asked.

Xander nodded.

"This is Emily and Will. Will's my boyfriend; by the way, anyway, they are twins. Emily must have been a potential because when the demons started, she was activated. I'm guessing because she and Will are twins Will was activated too so I was hoping you'd be willing to train two Slayers."

"No problem," Giles said to Xander. "I don't see why we can't. We even brought the dusty old books because I'd bet money there are prophecies out here."

"Yeah, what's a Watcher and Slayers without Prophecies?"

"Oh, what can they do?" Quicksilver asked. "They aren't augmented or anythi---."

He shut up when Wesley pointed his arm at him, made a fist and a sword shot out of his sleeve.

"Lets keep our gob shut about things we know nothing about, hmmm?" Wesley said without turning to look at Jon. "Now, Xander, can you give us a run down of the demons you've met already so we can see what is here and what isn't?"

 

Chapter 2: Shock

"Jesus, Wesley," Xander said as he saw the blade glint as it held Jon against the wall. "What happened to you?"

"I grew up," was all the younger Ex-Watcher said. "Now, can we get to work on that list?"

"Wes," Angel said. Xander turned to look at him, as did Wesley. "Sword, Wes, let him go. You made your point."

"Oh, if I must," he said. He opened his fist and the sword retracted.

Xander just kind of stared.

"Where did you grow up?" Xander asked in shock?

"Pup there grew a pair a few years back," Spike said. "Was needed in LA while they were dealing with something there before we were all pulled back together. This is Dawn, by the way. My special little girl. Didn't mean to scare you like that Whelp or blow an preconceived notions out the water but you said our needed help and Giles won't go anywhere without Ethan anymore and Angelus and me won't go anywhere without Wes and they won't go anywhere without me so you got us all. That there be Tara, Willow's dame."

"Everything changed, didn't it?" Xander asked. He had known logically that it had he was just hoping something's were the same.

"Not everything," Giles said with the same gentle Giles Smile Xander was longing to see. "You are still my boy in my heart and I am very proud of you. You are still a Scooby, the Ultimate Scooby. You are still our tension breaker proved by that mishearing Wesley's comment. You are still Xander even with those pretty stripes. And we are glad to see Xander again. We've missed Xander."

"I've missed G-Man and Willow and everyone else too," Xander said. "I was just---I couldn't come back and be The Zeppo again."

"We are all where we are needed and supposed to be at any given time," Giles told him. "It's a very good thing you were here because I shudder to think how fast they would be dead if you weren't. You were here, you saw and recognized what was going on and you called us. WESLEY! Please don't skewer the idiot with the knife I see you reaching for. He's a bastard and a homophobic jerk but he hasn't done anything to deserve Angelus' Mate gutting him. Yet."

"Giles, seriously, what made him get so tough?" Xander asked as he saw Wesley looked about ready to put his fist through Quicksilver's face.

"Someone he cared for got hurt. Xander, Wesley always had it in him to be a warrior. He just needed to get away from the Council to find it."

"I'm not complaining, Giles but I thought Angel was kidding when he called Wes his Walking Arsenal."

"He wasn't," Ethan said from where he was looking through files that had been set out. "Wesley really is a walking Arsenal. When we need a weapon and if we've forgotten to bring it, nine out of ten times he has it on him. He also knows how to use everyone of them. He's more than I believe he called himself Angel's Book man. He's our insurance policy."

"So, you guys will help?" Xander asked.

Giles nodded. "We're here, right? We wouldn't have said we'd come if we didn't intend to help."

"Yeah but I didn't tell you about training Slayers again and I know after Buffy---."

"It's the past, Xander," Giles said cutting him off. "You need our help, we're here to give it. That's what a family does you know. No more running away."

"Deal," Xander said as he looked at the group that was so changed and yet, still the same. Xander couldn't help the smirk as he realized Wes had nicked Jon with the sword before he retracted it. Jon had a cut on his chin.

"He should be damn glad it wasn't more than that," Angel said as he saw what Xander was staring at. "Wesley has gotten to the point where he will take down a threat to our family. That includes any threats to you and your Slayers, Xander. You are one of us and as they are with you, in one case Literally, they are of Us as well."

"Thanks Deadboy---er, Angel."

"It's not a complete day if you don't call me Deadboy, Harris. Just remember, Donut Boy, I know all your dirty, embarrassing secrets."

Xander laughed as Angel turned back to Wes and Spike still having trouble believing it but knowing it fit right. Those three together were great warriors.

Wesley chuckled at the look on his face. "I promise no more scares unless I get really pissed off. I've gotten better at that impulsiveness you used to remark on."

Wesley walked over to the windows and looked out on space and Xander looked over at Jon who was rubbing his throat.

"Lets not push him," Xander said warningly. "He reacts as you can see. I guess Insults fit in that warning too. So, lets keep a civil tongue in our head, okay?"

 

 

end part 2

abelard950@aol.com