Title: The Warrior Found? 7: Rescue

Author: Kate

Pairing: Ares/Joxer-Angel, Cordellia/Spike, Giles/Ethan/Willow

Archive: Sure

Rating: PG-R

 

The Warrior Found? 7: Rescue
By Kate


The noises outside the cell were loud Armond thought as he held Hugh against his chest. His love was so cold and shaking from the torture and shock. Armond had wanted to kill them all but Hugh would let no one else touch him so he'd stayed in the cell with Hugh while the others took care of the soldiers. Hugh had needed Armond, had called for Armond, so Armond was with him. Outside, all he heard was the people who had hurt Hugh dying.

Armond was pleased by that. Hugh moaned and Armond held him closer to his chest. Hugh was wrapped in his coat as his shirt was in tatters on the floor. A silent testimony to the torment he'd suffered here. Armond felt him slide back into unconsciousness and knew not matter what happened to those people before they died, it would never be enough to atone for this.

Outside the cell, men were dying by the score. Many killed by Ares and Joxer who fought back to back as in days of old. however, many more were dying by Hades' own hand. Xena had gone after Eve as she was the only one who could stop her. Michael had bragged that only the mother could kill the daughter. Xena was on her way to do just that.

Hercules was gone. No matter, Ares would get him later. The coward had run seeing Ares coming after this group. Hades was single-mindedly scanning the souls of those around him looking for those who had harmed his son and tagging them for special attention in Tartarus. the one he found named Forrest, that one he would truly torment. He had dared to touch Hades'
son in a sexual way and punished Hugh badly when he refused to respond.

Hades had plans for this one.

Looking around them, the rescuers saw the walls were red with blood and gore from their rather savage attack. No one cared.

Going back to the cell, they got Armond and Hugh. Hugh still refused to release his death grip on Armond's shirt. Armond had no care for that. They simply carried him out slowly.

Xena met them in the hallway holding her bloody chackram. "Eve is dead," she said simply. They could tell by the color of the blood on it, they knew Xena had removed her head with it. Ares nodded and sent her back to Olympus at her request. She tossed the Chackram to Armond as she left.

"Take care of him," she said as she faded out. Armond nodded and caught it. The mess around them was cleaned up with a snap of the gods' fingers so no one would know what had happened here. After the evil demons the Initiative were holding were killed and the bodies all removed, they left. Armond still held Hugh to his chest as Hugh seemed to be looking for his heartbeat. Armond sighed as they came outside in the night again. Hugh seemed to know too because he relaxed slightly. Armond held him tightly all the way back to the mansion Angel called home. He set him on a bed and laid next to him. He was very tired not having slept since Hugh had vanished.

With his love next to him, safe in his arms, Armond Marceaux drifted into sleep.

Hades watched from the doorway and snapped a cover onto them. He then left them to their rest and went back into the main room.

"Now what do we do?" He asked.

end part 7