Title: The Warrior Found? 5: Buffy's Shock/Gabby's Rage

Author: Kate

Pairing: Ares/Joxer-Angel, Cordellia/Spike, Giles/Ethan/Willow

Ratings: Same as always

Summary: At School Monday

 

The Warrior Found? 5: Buffy's Shock/Gabby's Rage
by Kate


Arriving at the high school shortly before dawn, Angel, Spike, Ares, Willow, Giles, Ethan and Strife walked into the library and set their books out on the table. Giles still found himself staring at Angel's eyes as there was no longer any pain or guilt in them. Joxer had dealt with it. Dealt
with it and moved on, finally.

Giles still felt his nerve endings tingling from the ambrosia they'd all been given as a gift from Zeus and Hera. Although, they were confused as to why. Angel's was a given. Ares was not going to lose his beloved again.

Even Spike could be understood as Ares loved his children and losing any of them would be a tragedy to him. Giles was confused mainly about himself and Willow. He had no idea why they had been granted Godhead.

"You really don't know?" Ethan asked them from behind. Hermes was wearing Ethan's face because he liked Ethan and Ethan was familiar to Willow and Giles. "I thought you were wise Ripper. You and the little witch were given ambrosia because you matter to me. You two shine out to me. I have never asked for godhead to be given to people before so believe this is real," Ethan said taking and squeezing Giles' hand. He brought Willow over to them with a thought and hugged her as well.

"You both matter to me," he said emphatically as he hugged them. Ares smiled from his position on the left of Spike with Angel on the right and their hands joined behind the smaller, blond vampire. Spike just chuckled thinking it felt nice to have his Da' back and to have gotten another one in the process. Now if he could just see those two form last night again.

Aphrodite and Hephaestus he thought. Those were some beautiful people as far as Spike could see. People he wouldn't mind being with for eternity.

Everything was quiet in the library until Buffy arrived with Cordelia and Xander. Seeing Spike, she immediately went for her stake. Pulling it resulted in her getting knocked across the library not by Angel or Ares, but by Giles.

"Put it away Buffy. Spike is not going to hurt anyone," he said.

Buffy growled and tried to go for Ethan. Which resulted in her getting caught by the collar by the big man in leather who she could have sworn was next to Angel a minute ago.

"Touch my baby brother at your own peril Child!" He hissed. Buffy was frozen at his face. The look of absolute rage in his eyes enough to freeze anyone.

"Ares..." She whispered in a voice not quite her own.

"Hello little bard," he sneered. "You failed. Joxer called me."

"No," Buffy/Gabrielle hissed. "Joxer is mine. No one else's but mine."

"No, I'm not," Angel responded coolly. "I am now and have always been Ares' Love. You have no power over me any longer Gabby."

Buffy/Gabrielle screamed in rage and ran at him with a stake. The stake never touched him as his power incinerated it.

"He has his Godhead Little Bard," Ares said coldly. "He and Giles and Willow and Spike. They all have Godheads. Touch them at your own peril."

Buffy looked like she wanted to scream. Instead, she grabbed a knife and pitched at Spike. Another hand caught it. This one belonging to the man who had just come into the library.

"I think not little girl," he hissed as he let her weapon drop.

"I was told I get some help here in paranormal research. My name is Armond Marceaux and I need to know if anyone else can use these."

Armond dropped two wrist bands on the table. One was a silver band with a white opal set into it and the other was a the other was a copper band with a ruby set into it. Ares and Ethan/Hermes both choked seeing them.

"Where did you get those?" Ethan demanded. Armond met his stare with one of his own.

"They belong to Hugh Pendragon. Do you know anyone else who can use them? It's important."

Ethan looked into the man's soul and saw a lot of things. Mainly what he saw at this time was a desperate worry for the man the bands belonged to.

"I know of one person," he said to Armond. "Just a moment and I will call him."

Hermes stood and went into Giles' office. Once inside he sighed.

"Hades, get here, now."

end part 5