Title: The Warrior Found 3: ...And Heaven Trembles

Author: Kate

Rating: PG-R (For now I think)

Pairing: Ares/Joxer-Angel, Cordellia/Spike, Giles/Ethan/Willow

Summary: Heaven itself does tremble

 

The Warrior Found 3: ...And Heaven Trembles

by Kate


Ethan watched as Ares cradled Angel in his arms. Willow almost grinned at the sight but she knew Angel would kill her if she did. Now she just wanted to leave him and Ares together. She could see they fit perfectly.

Although, Buffy would be pissed when she found out. She might possibly have kittens when she found out. Everyone looked at Ethan and he shifted. Going back to Ethan's face from Hermes, he looked at Ares resting against the headboard holding his Joxer to him.

Angel began to stir but when he looked up something had changed in him. His eyes were lighter. Softer and kinder.

"Hi Hermes," he said quietly. Hermes stared at him finally seeing what Ares saw.

"Joxer...It is you...oh...wow..." he stammered.

Angel smiled, still his beautiful smile but now without the bitter self hatred.

Willow stared seeing Angel's true soul staring out of his eyes.

"You're beautiful," Willow said quietly. "Angel, you are so beautiful."

Angel almost blushed and looked at Ares. The last piece of his soul stared at Ares feeling whole for the first time in a long time.

"Now," Hermes began with Ethan's voice and face. "As to what's going on."

Ethan took a deep breath hissing at the pain it caused his broken ribs and looked at everyone in the room.

"What you all are seeing is something the old gods of Greece have been waiting centuries for. A very long time ago, Ares was buried in his temple by the Archangel Micheal because Ares was someone Micheal feared. Ares was stronger, and far more comapssionate than the God of Light Micheal serves. Ares had to be removed before Micheal could take out the other pantheons. Micheal, with the help of Hercules, trapped Ares in his Thracian temple and then buried it. The reason he was able to do this was because Ares was grieving over the loss of his beloved Consort, Joxer. However, Joxer's soul never turned up in Asphodel for judgement. Instead it wandered. For 2,000 years, we on Olympus have waited for the day Joxer's soul would make itself known to us because when that happened, Ares would be pulled from his prison to where ever Joxer was. It happened tonight. Joxer revealed himself."

"How?" Willow asked when Ethan went silent for a moment.

Ethan chuckled. "How indeed little witch. Joxer had a theme song he made up for himself. Xena and Gabrielle hated it. When he traveled with them so they wouldn't be nasty, he would..."

"He would hum it!" Willow exclaimed as she finally figured it out.

"He would hum his theme song. That's what Angel has been humming for the past few weeks. Buffy sure hates it."

"She would," Ethan said quietly. "She's Gabrielle."

"Uhm, Mr. Ethan, Hermes sir," Willow began nervously. "How did Joxer uhm...die?"

"Hercules killed him he said 'Accidentally'," Ares said. "No one believed him. Shortly aftyer that, the protection on hercules was lifted and he, too, was killed. I believe it was right after my imprisonment. Apollo killed him. He's back too now."

"Joy," Ethan/Hermes said. "Gabrielle and Jerkules in the same place. Anyone else we should be worried about?"

XXXXXXXXXX

Far under the streets of Sunnydale, a woman stared at a folder in front of her. Hugh Pendragon. Soul Seeker. The hatred she felt for that title and the man in the pictures was phenomenal. He reminded her of Hades. If he was Hades or on of his get he could not be allowed to remain free.

"Agent Finn," she said into the speaker. "I have someone I want you to bring in. He lives in Chicago. He belongs to Hades."

The being once known as Eve said to the being once known as Hercules.

Eve had never died. Unlike Hercules and Gabrielle. She'd had centuries to work on ways to force people to conform to her Way. Hugh Pendragon was a man who did not go to church and did not believe in the Way. In short, he was a threat. A threat she could not allow to run lose. Sending Hercules was a way to ensure he was brought in.

She looked at his face and decided he would be an interesting conquest if she ould get him to break. And it would be one more link the gods still had to earth broken. Eve smiled as she planned this particular test subject's torment. She smiled evilly as she brought up each type and decided he would suffer almost every torment she could think of.

END PART 3