Title: the Soul of a Demon

Author: Kate R.

Disclaimer: Not mine, never will be. That honor goes to Joss

Rating: PG-13 to R I suppose.

Pairings: Giles/Ethan, Angelus/Wes

Summary: A prophecy, an Idiot, a young man and the Scourge of Europe

 

The Soul Of A Demon
by Kate R.

He'd come to the library after receiving the call from Rupert. He'd found the Ritual to heal Spike. Thank you all above and below. His boy needed to get healed. His Boy needed to hunt again. He walked through the school, past the bitch of a computer teacher who got the hell out of his way and made his way to the library. He walked in to the children eating pizza. He had news for Rupert as well.

"Evening, Rupert," He called. Giles looked at him and smiled.

"It's over here Angelus," the Watcher said. "Was there something else?"

"I found him for you," Angelus told Giles. The Watcher's face lit up with a smile then.

"Is he here?" He asked.

"At the mansion," the vampire said. "He got in last night. I was coming to tell you that as well as pick this up. So, anything new I need to deal...what the?"

"Wesley!" Buffy shrieked. "What are you doing?"

Angelus turned and saw a dark haired young man with blue eyes trip on a step scrambling back towards the stacks. He looked at Giles who rubbed his temples.

"That is Wesley," Giles said. "For some reason, Buffy does not like him. Nor does she want him near them when they party so she sends him to the stacks with books to research in. Sometimes he gets lonely and watches, trying to stay out of sight."

"He's Mine," Angelus said quietly. "You know the Legend? Wesley is Mine."

"The Soul of A Demon," Giles whispered. "Wesley is yours?"

"Aye," Angelus whispered. Just the glance of him was like a tug on me here."

Angelus pointed to his stomach and Giles nodded. He watched as Wesley was trying to back away from Buffy who was stalking after him and then, Giles watched as something else occurred. Angelus went after Buffy.

"Mine!" The dark vampire growled as he shoved her back and away from the young man who was now cornered. He dropped to his knees so he was on level with him and the young man stared at him in shock.

"Soul of the Demon," Angelus spoke softly. "Body of the Man, Mind of an Innocent, Soul of the Demon. You are Mine as I am Yours. Come to me now, my beloved one. You who I have waited for. You who I love."

"Love...me?" Wesley asked softly as Buffy started to move forward again. Finally what she was saying penetrated Angelus' ears and he spun grabbing her.

"Giles paid for the pizza, correct?" he growled. Buffy nodded defiantly. "Then Giles should say who gets to have some, not you, you little bastards! Now, Giles, I brought Him to the mansion. If you would like to see him, come along with me now. Besides, I think I'll need your help to perform this ritual."

"What's the Ritual for, G-man?" Xander asked as he finished the last bit of pizza. Angelus heard Wesley make a whimpering noise and he turned to him leaving Giles to deal with the children while he promised Wes they would get some food on the way to his New home.

"It's a healing ritual for Spike," Giles told them. "Seeing as you did not make it a Mercy killing, Buffy, I find myself having to clean up yet another one of your messes. I will come with you now. I've been waiting to see him since you said you would find him for me."

"See who?" Buffy demanded. Giles sighed and looked at her.

"Ethan," he told her firmly. Then, he watched as Angelus lifted Wesley into his arms and spun with him having not heard their conversation but seeing the smile on Wesley's face it was a happy one.

"We're going to have so much fun, Luvy," Angelus said, as he seemed to dance with Wesley in his arms. Giles chuckled and followed them out the door and into the night. He knew they were going to stop someplace to get Wesley some food so he was prepared to wait. It wasn't as if it was frivolous.

The young man had not had any food at all that day.

As they walked he removed his tweed jacket and threw it in a trashcan. Arriving at the mansion after a detour at the local diner to get Wesley a hamburger, fries, a coke and a milkshake, they were met by Spike in his wheel chair, Drucilla and there, behind the two vampires was...

"Ethan!" Giles cried. He ran to the sorcerer and wrapped him in his arms in an extremely tight hug. "By Chaos, I've missed you."

"Ripper," Ethan sighed as if at last he'd found home. Spike chuckled and watched as Angelus set Wesley down at the table and laid his food out before him. Then he turned to Spike.

"Rupert got me something for you, Spike," Angelus said. "This is a Ritual to heal you. Completely and totally. You'll be walking again soon."

"Sire!" Spike said happily. Angelus chuckled and hugged him. "William, that is Wesley. Wesley is Mine. The Soul of the Demon and Wesley is Mine."

"Sire!" Spike cried again happy for his Sire.

Drucilla smiled as well. Her Daddy would be happy now. Like the Dark Watcher was and the Bright Mage was. Now if her Spiky could be happy too, that would be perfect. She knew it would happen but not before she died. And she was dying. She knew she was. Prague had killed her and she knew it. She'd had Spike bring her here because she knew Daddy was here and Spike's Soul was here too, somewhere buried beneath his own hate but he was here.

"Daddy, your mate is afraid to eat. You need to fix him too," she said.

Angelus turned to look and saw Wesley nibbling but not really eating and he sighed going to sit by him so he would eat. Some one was going to die for this. That he Vowed.

 

END PART 1

abelard950@aol.com