TITLE: The Chemicals Between Us

AUTHORS: Salustra and Pet

E-MAILS: Salustra: goddess_salustra@juno.com; Pet: spikespet2001@yahoo.com.

RATING: NC-17

PAIRING: Liam/Spike AU

SUMMARY: An answer to GhostForge's Anniversary Challenge #23, which starts: The existence of Vampires is widespread, and they're considered a race...To investigate a Vampire related Crime, one is Partnered with a Human Detective... In this Chapter: Liam and Spike are partnered, start checking out a crime, and go out to a bar together.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thank you to Ghostforge for the wonderfully inspirational challenges. Also a lot of the feeling for this fic and the title come from the wonderful song The Chemicals Between Us by Bush.

DISTRIBUTION: Various lists and Wierd Romance RP- BtVS/Ats RP http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WierdRomance, and on our website, http://www.geocities.com/pet_salustra/FateDestinyAlwaysForever.html. Anyplace else is fine, just let us know where it is going. SPOILERS: None. Completely AU.

WARNINGS: Very brief description of het sex in this chapter…Liam starts out straight. It's the one and only time for the fic and it is very brief.

Also, general warning for the fic—it's AU. Really AU. These guys have different backgrounds and may act in ways that their namesakes generally don't.

DISCLAIMER: We don't own any of these characters; they belong to Joss and ME. We really wish we could borrow Spike and Angel for a little while though.

FEEDBACK: Yes please.



The Chemicals Between Us
by Salustra and Pet


"I want you to remember
Everything you said
Every driven word
Like a hammer, hell, to my head."
-The Chemicals Between Us, Bush

Gunn walks by Lt. Detective Liam O'Donnell's desk. "The Captain wants to see you in his office pronto, man."

Liam groans and looks at Gunn. "Did you tell him I was dead like I told you to do?"

Gunn shakes his head. "No, man, I like my 9 to 5, and he wants you now, so better head."

Liam stands, throwing his pen to his desk and picking up his coffee. "You buy lunch today, you Benedict Arnold." And he trudges to the Captain's office and knocks on the door.

"Come in," Captain Giles calls out. Rupert Giles is a fastidious man with a smooth melodic voice and an iron hand in running his precinct. The softer his voice grew, the more danger you were in.

Liam opens the door and peeks his head in, speaking fast, "If this is about my vacation, thanks, will take it now. See ya when I get back, will bring you a bouncy hula girl." Then he tries to shut the door.

"Liam," Captain Giles says softly, "This is *not* about your vacation. Come in and sit down."

Liam mutters, "Shit." But he comes in, closes the door, and sits. "Yes, Captain, how may I best serve?"

Giles nods and sighs. "Now, Liam, I don't know if you've heard, but there's a new integration policy in place, and we're one of the precincts that has been chosen to begin the integration process. You're the only detective currently without a partner, so you're the fortunate one chosen for this assignment. You'll be working with this new detective on a series of unlicensed vampire stakings. You *will* carry out this assignment to the best of your abilities and not make this precinct look bad. Am I understood?"

Liam shakes his head. "No, I went like tunnel ear around the word vampire, Sir. That's not my department, not my gig. Plus I neither want or need a partner, Sir."

Captain Giles raises an eyebrow, coughs, and his voice grows very soft. "I didn't ask if you *wanted* or *needed* a partner, Liam. I told you that you will be getting one. And vampires are now going to become, as you so crudely put it, your gig. That or I will bust you back to uniformed patrol for insubordination."

Liam groans and sinks down in the chair. "Fuck me."

Giles merely raises an eyebrow and then looks over Liam's shoulder. "Ah, here is your new partner now. Detective Foster?"

A voice comes from behind Liam. "I go by Spike." Liam turns around to see a lithe, muscular, pale man dressed in skin-tight black glove leather pants and a red silk shirt. He has platinum blonde, almost white hair that lies in gently tousled curls on his head and crystal blue eyes. He is holding a cigarette clutched gently in his long slender fingers.

"Spike. This is Lieutenant Liam O'Donnell, your new partner," Captain Giles says.

Spike looks up and down Liam, taking in the muscular man in black dress shirt and dark blue jeans, eyes hugging every curve like a caress before he stares into Liam's chocolate brown eyes. "Liam," he says in a voice like liquid sex. "Pleasure to meet you."

Liam stares. "Uh-huh, sure, pleasure is all mine. You can call me never in a fucking million years." Liam turns back to the
Captain. "Integration, integration?" Liam stands and points his finger at Spike viciously, his face still on Giles. "Well you know what, Bram Stoker? I'm not Van Helsing and me and Vlad aren't going to be chummy anytime soon—hell, ever, so why don't you get him a nice Mina or Lucy to play with? Because I say fuck that."

Spike chuckles. "Oh, I *like* him, Captain."

Captain Giles stares. "*This* is your new partner. You *will* carry out your assignment. Or you'll be pounding a beat in the worst part of town writing parking tickets until you are old and gray. Am I understood?"

Liam's face turns eighty shades of pissed off and he grits out, "Perfectly, Sir."

"Excellent. You're dismissed. You start on your new cases right away. I've already reassigned all your other cases."

Liam growls and picks up his coffee cup and opens the door. "Fine, Sir." Then he walks out and starts stomping to his desk everyone moving out of his way. He stops midway and screams, "FUCK ME!!"

Spike is suddenly behind him, whispering in his ear, "That can be arranged." Then almost immediately after he is across the room, setting in the desk opposite Liam's, putting his feet up on the desk and reclining back in the chair.

The coffee cup turns in Liam's hand and spills as he looks on at Spike, his mouth gaping like a fish.

Gunn walks up and claps him on the back. "Man, come on, Anger Management classes. You don't want Janet to give you negative points for slipping again, do you?"

Liam tosses his empty coffee cup at Gunn's head and growls low.

Gunn wipes the coffee off his face and gestures to Liam. "Ok, you buy lunch again for that."

Liam growls again and Gunn raises his hands, walking backwards. "All right, I'm going, I'm going. Remember, breathe. Whoo, whoo, whoo... ahhhh.. whoo, whoo, whoo , ahhh." And then Gunn disappears around a corner.

Liam stomps to his desk and sits, picking up his pen, tapping it off the desk, taking great care not to look at Vladdie.

Spike stares at Liam a long time in amusement. "So, when are you planning to find out about the cases we're working on? Or do you just plan to sit there and brood?"

"Fuck off, Blood Sucker. Go haunt a cemetery. I don't brood." Liam says, tapping harder now.

Spike sits up and stares at Liam, his voice becoming liquid sex again. "I don't haunt cemeteries, muscle-boy. Anything I need, comes to me. I talk a little, touch a little, and they give me everything I want. *Everything*. I'm 124 years old and a Seducer of the first order. And yes, you are brooding, instead of doing your job as the Captain instructed you. Are you perhaps afraid to work with me? Afraid I'll outshine you? After all, you are *merely* human."

The next thing Spike knows, Liam is in his face, his voice icy and calm, "Listen here Pointy object...I don't care if your 2,023, you little undead weasel. Good for you and your magic tricks. I am neither afraid nor worried about how much better you are than me. Because a disease makes you better than me...and baby, I was fucking born this good. So shut the hell up and show me what you got."

Spike chuckles. "Ooooo, so *masterful*." He looks Liam up and down. "Ok, on to business. We have a series of vampire murders...or as you humans so delicately put it, unlicensed stakings. Stakings of vampires who were not proven to be harmful to humans. The last one was the aide to a City Councilman." Spike raises an eyebrow. "I assume that's what finally made these cases important enough to be taken seriously."

Liam sits back down. "Awww, boo-hoo, poor vampires. Do you like need a hankie and a moment to regroup? Here, have some water, help the sniffle." Liam picks up the water bottle on his desk and mutters a catholic prayer, crosses over it and hands it to Spike.

Spike grins. "That won't make it holy water. Has to be sanctified by a priest. So sorry for you. You wear a crucifix like a good little Catholic? To protect you from the big bad vampires who might try to convince you to give it up?"

Liam narrows his eyes. "You know what? I knew that, I was being a rotten fucker. I chased my last and only partner away this way-- was hoping you might commit vampire suicide by staking yourself on a pencil over there. And furthermore, that was the second could-be-kinky thing you've said in two minutes and have to say, *so* not amused."

Spike sighs. "Not leaving. This is a pilot project and it *will* work out. Your Captain and the higher-ups in the department have decreed it will be so. So you'll just have to bloody well put up with my sexual innuendoes, 'cause I make them about as often as you make vague threats in your conversation, So we should get along fine. Now do you want to go to work or do you want to exchange some more scintillating sodding banter? 'Cause there's a new case to check out."

Liam feels his meter tipping to the danger level and he starts to breathe. "Whoo, whoo, whoo, ahhh." Then he cracks his neck, sits up, and grabs his pen, tucking it behind his ear. "Let's get started then."

"Excellent. We have a car waiting downstairs. Shall we?" Without waiting for an answer, Spike gets up and flows across the room, moving fluid and panther-like towards the stairs, every flex of muscle showing in his leather pants.

Liam closes his eyes, breathes, and counts to ten. He opens them, grabs his coat, and mock imitates Spike's voice as he walks to catch up. "Excellent. We have a car waiting downstairs. Shall we? Uppdity rigor mortis goodie, goodie blood sucker."

Spike settles into the driver's seat and looks over at Liam. "Oh, how tragic. If you have gotten here first you might be doing the driving. But you humans are so slow."

Liam snorts. "We're not slow, we're normal. Oh, that's right, you don't know what that feels like, freak-a-zoid. Now drive, before I feel a need to stab you with a pointy wooden object. Oh, well lookie, there was my vague threat and here I thought I was going stale."

Spike chuckles. "Oh, so suave and debonair! How can I possibly resist your charms? It shall be as you command, master." Spike grins hugely as he pulls the car onto the road and they head off.

Liam leans his head back and mutters, "You better believe it, bitch. Next, it's spankings and ball gags." Then he coughs and mutters, "Didn't say that. Carry on."

Spike smiles and purrs as they drive down the road to their destination. "Spankings and ball gags. Should've pegged you for a kinky type right away. You like to be in charge, don't you, Liam?"

Liam closes his eyes and says as conversationally as he can, "Not that my personal life and what I do and who I do it with is your business, anemic boy, but no, I'm perfectly equal and stuff. And I'm not kinky-- I watch a lot of damn tv."

Spike chuckles. "Have it your way. Does the purring bother you? Some humans find it disturbing."

Liam shrugs. "So you're a big cat, whoop dee doo. Want a toy mouse? We can stop at a Wal-Mart and I can wrangle ya one up. Just don't get like a sudden urge to lick me or sit in my lap. I'm a dog guy."

Spike lifts an eyebrow. "No licking or sitting in your lap? *You're* no fun." He grins evilly.

"Yeah, I'm a tight-assed bastard," Liam says without thought.

Spike's eyebrow goes up even further. "*Really*? You *must* demonstrate that for me sometime."

Liam groans but keeps his mouth shut. Everything to this undead walking sexual advertisement was a lead-on to sex and he wasn't encouraging him.

They arrive at the scene and Spike climbs out of the car. "Coming, Liam?" he asks.

Liam opens his eyes and opens the door, getting out and walking up to Spike. "Let's get this freak show on the road, shall we?"

Spike grins. "Nothing like a positive work attitude to brighten a co-worker's day." He walks off towards the scene, not looking back to see if Liam follows.

Liam pulls the collar of his jacket up and over his neck and follows. He doesn't really hate vampires-- he just doesn't trust them. Sure, now they were a race claiming to be peaceful in the light, but to him they were the danger that still drained your ass in the shadows. And he valued his pulse.

They walk up on the scene to see a group of CSI's working. Spike walks up to one William recognizes, Winifred Burkle. Spike moves over to her and takes and kisses her wrist just above the latex glove. "Enchante, Winifred. What have we got here?"

Winifred holds up a vial of dust. "Murdered vampire," she says simply. "The rest of the ashes have been collected for the family. We'll use these and run them against the required registered vampire database to determine who this was. Like the last five, we found some blonde hairs on the scene. We're sending those back for a DNA comparison, but I'm betting they'll match the ones from the other scenes." She sighs. "There's a witness this time. She's over there." Winifred points out a shivering, slender, dark-haired girl sitting on the curb.

"Thank you, Winifred. I owe you dinner sometime." Spike smiles and moves off towards the girl.

Liam tips his head in greeting to Winifred and keeps following Spike.

Spike walks over to the girl. He sits down next to her. "What's your name?"

The girl looks up. "People call me Dru."

Spike nods. "Were you with the vampire who died?"

The girl nods, visibly shaking. "Yes. He was very nice. He picked me out of all the others to be honored."

Spike smiles. "You're a blood doll, then?"

Dru nods. "Uh-huh. This was my first time."

Liam kneels down in front of the girl and looks at Spike. "Blood doll? Do I even want to know?"

Spike looks back at Liam. "Sort of like vampire groupies. They hang around in vampire hangouts, wanting to be picked to be fed on."

Liam swallows, a bit disgusted, but he looks back at the girl and smiles his brilliant trademark whiter than white smile. "Dru, that's a really pretty name. We'll take care of this, don't worry, but we just need your help as much as you can, all right?"

Dru nods. "Sure. What do you wanna know?"

"Ok, let's start simple. What did you see?" Liam asks.

"N-n-not much. You see, he was biting me. And it was so good, and I was moaning, and I had my eyes closed...when all of a sudden he was gone and I was covered in dust. I opened my eyes then and screamed, and I saw a blonde-haired woman running away with a stake in her hand."

"Could you describe the woman to a sketch artist for me? Did you see enough of her?"

Dru shakes her head. "I didn't see her face or anything. Just a quick glimpse before she was out of the alleyway and onto the street."

Liam nods and pats Dru's hands. "That's ok. Don't worry about it. Spike here is going to ask you a few questions now, ok?"

Spike nods. "Could you tell us about how tall, what build, if she had any distinguishing marks?"

Dru thinks. "Maybe...a little shorter than me. More muscles. And very shiny hair. And nice clothes, like dressed up for a club or something."

Spike jots all that down on a pad. "Thanks. Do you know the name of the vampire?"

Dru shakes her head. "No." Her eyes widen. "You're one too, aren't you?"

Spike nods his head. "Yes, Dru, I am."

"This sounds terrible, but would you come bite me sometime? You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

Spike smiles fondly. "I'll make a point of it, lovely Dru." He kisses her hand and stands up. "Do you need a ride home?"

"No. My friends are waiting for me in the club."

"Good. Go back to them. And stay out of alleyways. A decent vampire should either take you in the club or take you someplace proper. Alleyways are dangerous. You ask, next time, okay?"

Dru nods gravely. "I will. Thank you, Spike." And she walks off back towards the club.

Liam stands and brushes his pants off, sighing. "I'm way past sick and disgusted now. Can we please go? There's nothing here that will help us."

Spike nods. "Yes. We've gotten all the information we can. And what, may I ask, is so bloody disgusting?" Spike grins, obviously amused.

Liam pulls his collar higher and starts to walk off, not even dignifying that with a response...Vampires, god, they were disturbed little bastards.

Spike hums as he walks back to the car. He slides into the driver's seat. "Didn't know you were so *squeamish*, Liam. That was only someone talking about a feed. On this beat we'll have to go into the clubs, where feeds will actually be happening. Are you going to pass out on me or something?"

Liam puts his feet up on the dash. He gets even sicker, but he still won't talk to Mr. Let-Me-Push-Your-Buttons. He won't let him get the better of him. He isn't squeamish-- he just thinks this is like the yuckiest habit of any creature ever and that even includes cannibals. At least they don't try to make the eating of flesh sexy.

Spike chuckles. "Well, we'll see. Back to the precinct to file paperwork and wait for lab results. You can go over the old case files, too. Get familiar with them."

"Joy," Liam sighs with as much joy as a janitor looking over a dirty toilet.

"So...what do you like to do for fun, Liam?" Spike asks.

"Stuff," Liam says as he taps his kneecaps, suddenly feeling that there is not enough room in this car.

"Any hobbies? You like sports? Read books?" Spike continues, undaunted.

Liam grunts. "I told you I like tv, yeah sports like hockey and baseball. And yes, shocker maybe to you, I do read. I work out and I run with my dog. Love my dog and trust me-- I don't love anything."

Spike nods. "So, what kind of dog do you have? What's it's name?"

"She's a Golden Retriever and her name is Sunshine. I call her Sunny," Liam says as he waits for the giggling and mocking to begin.

Spike, much to Liam's surprise, does not mock him, but simply comments in return. "I have a cat. A Maine Coone cat named
Delilah. She's smart as a whip and she'll walk on a leash, too. I like basketball and I read books and watch movies. Lots of movies."

"Sounds nice. Cats aren't bad, I guess-- just my ex-wife had a hellspawn of a cat. It was a Siamese. Her name was *Princess*. I taught Sunny a trick when she was a puppy that was called Bow Down, in which Sunny would sit on Princess and nearly suffocate her until Darla saved her. Almost killed that bitch-ass cat a thousand times. Shouldn't've surprised me that cat matched it's mother-- the whore."

Spike giggles and grins. "Sounds like you have a very well-trained dog. Delilah will actually fetch on command. She's a sweetheart."

Liam grins and looks at Spike. "Why does it surprise me you would teach your cat tricks? Cats aren't meant to do things like dogs. They should purr and sit in your lap licking themselves-- it's like their function. Be all high and mighty saying with their eyes `serve me you two legged lowly creature you'."

Spike purrs. "Cats can learn tricks. They'll only do it if they want to please the person a lot. Delilah fetches for me, and no one else, 'cause she loves me. And I spoil her rotten."

Liam raises his eyebrow. "Yeah, I bet cats do learn tricks then do them if *it* pleases them. Seems like the way a cat would be all right. If it suits their pleasure, their desires then it's ok. Yeah I can so see that." Liam turns back to the window looking out. "But give me a bark, a tail wag and loyalty with discipline—that's just as good."

Spike smiles and then gasps in mock horror. "Oh, no! We just had a conversation. Who would have believed it?"

Liam freezes and realizes he did indeed just have a civil discussion with someone..and an undead someone at that. He mutters, "Tell anyone and I swear I will torture you with nature shows about trees then stake you with a toothpick, got me?"

Spike chuckles. "Your secret is safe with me." They arrive at the station and go inside to do paperwork. The shift is over in a few hours, easily taken up by the grind of filling out forms and reading files. Spike looks over at Liam at the end of the shift. "Want to go get a drink?"

Liam is about to say no..actually even tries to squeeze no past his lips...but there is the remembrance of that easy conversation. The conversation that wasn't forced or job-related-- and he nods. "Sure. But I have to stop home feed Sunny first and change out of this shirt. Do you mind?"

"Sure, no problem. Meet you someplace then?"

"Or you can ride along with me. I drive my car to work. I only take a company car if I'm on assignment that requires it. Your choice."

Spike nods. "I'll ride along with you then. As you can see, I'm already dressed to go out." He grins.

Liam snorts. "Yeah, gotta love that `good for any occasion sex on a stick' look. Let's go." Liam grabs his coat, takes out his keys, and heads out.

Spike follows behind, grinning at the 'sex on a stick' comment. He finds his new co-worker attractive, but mostly he makes the sexual innuendo because that is what he does. He is a vampire, and a Seducer at that, and almost everything relates back to sex for him.

Liam stops in front of a midnight blue 1967 Mustang, unlocking the door, getting in, and unlocking the passenger door. Spike slides in onto the black leather seats and sighs. "What a *beautiful* piece of machinery. I do so love a nice muscle car."

Liam shrugs, starting it up, smiling when it practically growls to life. "What can I say? It suits me." He pulls out of the precinct and heads towards his house. It takes only fifteen minutes and to Spike's surprise it's kind of like a suburb. Liam pulls into the driveway and pushes a button on the dash, the garage opening as he pulls into it. He shuts off the car and gets out. "Home sweet home."

Spike gets out. "Nice neighborhood. Nice little house."

"Yeah, well thank the whore. She left to live with a rich old guy who apparently couldn't get it up but offered her more security and luxury than my *dirt* *poor* ass could offer. So I got the house." Liam opens the door then seems to remember. "You need that...invite don't you?"

Spike nods. "Yes, I do. I can stand out here if you prefer."

Liam looks at Spike then back into the house, whistling softly. A beautiful and very enthusiastic golden retriever appears, leaping into Liam's arms, licking his face and waggling her tail. Liam laughs and tries to push her off. "Sunny, Sunny...baby...Sunny, calm down. Come on, girl, want you to help me...want to help Daddy?" The dog settles, rubbing her head in Liam's hands he kneels down and points to Spike. "Sunny, what do you think? Should we let Spike inside our home?" Sunny walks over to Spike, seeming to give him the once over. Once she has inspected him, she butts her nose off Spike's leg. Liam speaks up. "She wants you to kneel to her level."

Spike kneels down and pets Sunny gently, threading his long fingers through her fur. Sunny looks at Spike for what seems like an eternity, her eyes on his eyes, then she licks his face in one long strip, moving behind him, pushing him forward. Liam laughs. "Come in, Spike." Then he disappears into the house, Sunny running to catch up to him, barking happily.

Spike walks into the house. He takes a breath. Lived in. Not unhealthy, but not sterile and dead, either. He walks past the
somewhat messy kitchen into the rather neat living room and sits down on the overstuffed sofa. Liam calls from the bedroom, "Just make yourself comfortable. Be out in a second-- Sunny will keep you company." Just then Sunny comes walking in, proud and pretty, a bone in her mouth. She lays down, chomping, looking at Spike out of the corner of her eye as if to say 'That man can think I'm his slave-- he wishes.'

Spike smiles, looking at Sunny. He talks to her. "You are really beautiful. He must just spend hours and hours brushing your coat to keep it so pretty."

Liam walks in then, shirtless. He starts to upturn cushions. "I do. She is my pride and joy-- my only love. She's spoiled rotten and she knows it. She has more shit than me." Liam turns another cushion, groans, then walks into his office and claps. "Ah-ha." He comes out and pulls on a ribbed white tank over his faded blue jeans, a black leather belt keeping them up as they ride low. He grabs a pair of shiny black boots and sits to put them on.

Spike raises an eyebrow in appreciation of the shirtless Liam but keeps his opinion to himself. "Nice ensemble. Seriously. I approve."

Liam nods. "Thanks. I figure I have to keep up with you. Ladies won't notice me if I don't look at least a little bit as good as you do." Liam, after his last boot is buckled, kneels on the floor, bending over and looking into Sunny's eyes, talking baby talk. "You hungry baby huh? You hungry? Want Daddy to feed you, my pretty girl?" Sunny lets her bone go and starts to lick Liam's face.

Spike smiles. "Sounds like me talking to Delilah."

Liam snaps his fingers. "So, to the kitchen Sunny, go on, be right there." Sunny pads out, licking Spike on the way into the kitchen. Liam stands. "Yeah, well, you're just not telling I'm nice or else it's a toothpick death for you." Liam cracks his neck, walks to the kitchen, pours Sunny food and fills her water bowl then walks out, grabbing his keys. "Ready?"

Spike trots alongside. "Ready." He slides back into the car. "So where are we going?"

"You wanted to go out for a drink point me the way and I'll get us there."

Spike shrugs. "Ok. You want a quiet drink or a noisy club?"

"Either, or I'm not picky. As long as I can get me a fine Whiskey or Scotch or a good Irish beer I'm good."

"On to Claddagh's then." And Spike gives him directions. In a short while they are there and enter a wood-paneled Irish pub. It is lively and a little noisy, but not like a club. There is a band playing traditional Irish music, and some people dancing, but most just eating and drinking. Spike smiles at the lovely red-headed woman that greets them and takes them to a table. Liam sits and smiles-- for once he feels a bit at home, with his Irish background and family, being able to be comfortable here.

Spike smiles, his eyes glowing a bit. "Thought you might like it. They treat me nicely here even if I *am* English." The waitress comes up, also red-haired, and speaks with a brogue. "Yer drinks? What'll you be 'avin', then?"

Spike replies. "McEwan for me. And bring us a sausage roll for starters."

Liam replies. "Keep it simple for me-- just 2 bottles of Guinness, please, and a glass of your finest whiskey."

The waitress nods and comes back with their order. Spike takes a small jar of Colman's Spicy Mustard and spreads some on a slice of sausage roll, biting into it. "Ahhhhh, now that's something to wake you up." He follows it with a sip of the dark brown ale he ordered.

"You eat food?" Liam asks as he opens his beer.

Spike nods. "Have some. There's plenty here. Yes, I know most vamps don't, but we can, and I like food. It doesn't nourish me but it tastes good."

Liam shakes his head. "I don't eat...well, much. Not that I starve just that I only eat when hungry, never eat for the sake of eating. I have a weird body system or something. I drink like a fish but I eat not so much."

"That's a shame. They have a lot of good old fashioned Irish pub food here--- bangers and mash, cottage pie, fish and chips, fried mars bars, the whole nine yards."

Liam gestures to the sausage roll. "All right, all right, break me off a piece."

Spike cuts a slice off the sausage roll and hands it over. "You want some Colman's on that? Or some HP?"

Liam swings his arms. "No...just food, mouth...no fixings." He takes a bite, chews, then swallows. "Not bad."

Spike smiles. "Told ya. Oh, don't look now, but I think we're about to have company." Two pretty-looking ladies, one blonde and one red-haired, come over to the table. "We were wonderin', " the red-head asks in a brogue, "If you two might be up to a jig. The band's about to play again."

Liam smiles, then it wipes away at the first mention at dancing. "I...well, see...not very good at...." Liam sighs. "I'm not a real good dancer...no rhythm. I look like a weeble wobble."

The ladies sigh. The red-head looks at Spike. "What about you?"

Spike smiles. "I'm game." He gets up and heads off for the dance floor with the red-head, leaving Liam alone at the table with the blonde, who sits down opposite him. "I'm Felice. And what is your name, handsome fella?"

Liam smiles again. "Liam."

"So, you won me five bucks. My friend Dierdre there bet me you two were gay."

Liam spits out a mouthful of beer picking up a napkin and starts to wipe Felice up where he spit beer on her. "Sorry, sorry."

Felice smiles. "Sorry, surprised you there, huh? Two good-lookin' guys like you hanging out together, surprised you hadn't heard it before."

Liam coughs and wipes his mouth. He starts to look at the label of his beer, hoping the world would just open up and swallow him. He mutters, "Just a bit. But he's my new partner. Just met him today. We're not...I mean we're not sleeping together."

"Glad to hear it. Remember, *I'm* the one who bet you *weren't* gay. So, you looking for any company tonight, or just hanging out with your new partner?"

Liam licks the outside of his beer bottle and raises his eyebrow. "You offering me company? And if so what kind you thinking?"

Felice lowers her voice to a sultry whisper. "Well, if you're in a rush, there's a little back room here...very dark."

Liam chuckles and sets down his beer, leaning over the table to whisper against Felice's lips, "You're my kinda girl...lead the way."

Felice leads Liam into the backroom and she pulls him into a passionate kiss.

Liam tucks his hand under Felice's ass, lifting her, pushing her up against the wall. He tucks his hands under her skirts, ripping her underwear off, and tossing them aside. Then he reaches down, unbuckles his belt, and lets himself out of his jeans. He stretches Felice's arms above her head, devouring her mouth as he jerks his hips and enters her swiftly, hard and deep.

Spike has finished his dance and politely diverted the attentions of Dierdre, offering her his card and promise of his company another night when he had his own vehicle at his disposal. He is attracted by the sounds and smells of sex from the backroom. He moves to the door and stands there, still, perfectly able to see though the darkness to the straining ass of Liam as he plunges in and out of the blond Felice.

Liam whispers in Felice's ear as he tweaks her clit, "Cum, cum now." And then his own body tips over, spilling into her.

Felice cums, responding to the violence of the situation, moaning as she does so.

Spike smiles. He watches, curious to see if he can catch a glimpse of some more of Liam's anatomy before he covers up again. The ass, already glimpsed, is quite spectacular.

Liam pulls out of Felice, then lowers her gently to the floor. He moves to the side so she can fix herself, bending over and pulling up his pants, tucking himself away.

Spike smiles as he gets a look at Liam's very impressive member. He then steps quietly and quickly away from the doorway before Liam can see him.

Felice gasps. "Well that was a bit of all right." She looks down at Liam's crotch. "More than a bit, actually."

Liam smiles. "Thanks. You weren't half bad yourself. Sorry about the frantic. Bar sex isn't slow sex." Liam gestures. "After you."

Felice smiles and walks back out into the bar.

Liam walks out, sliding back in his seat, picking up his beer and taking a gulp, his face normal and calm.

Spike is sitting there, smiling. "Have a good time?"

Liam quirks a brow. "Let me guess-- vampire senses?"

Spike nods. "Yes. Very handy for *all* sorts of things."

Liam just nods and chugs the rest of his beer. When it's gone, he looks around. "So what happened to your pretty redhead? She didn't want your *special* touch?"

"Gave her my card. Set a date for later. She's a three-course meal and deserves to be eaten in proper surroundings."

Liam just sits back and cringes only slightly. "Ok, they are human beings. They aren't dolls or meals. They're your food source, no matter how damn creepy. Maybe you know, give them a nicer name. Like your life support providers."

Spike raises an eyebrow. "Wasn't planning on taking her blood unless she asked." He grins evilly. "Talking about an entirely different form of devouring."

Liam coughs now, embarrassed. He picks up the glass of whiskey, tipping it back, guzzling it all down until it is gone then he places it down and mumbles, "Sorry, my mistake. Have to let me get used to this. If I even can."

Spike nods. "That's okay. As for the dolls...that's their name for it, not ours. We call them donors. At least that's the modern phrase for it."

Liam holds up his hand and tips back his head back, looking at the lights. "No need to explain...trust me, a little at a time is the best way to get me to get through this. Don't rush it or I'm going to fucking reject it quicker than shit. I don't like anything being shoved in my face. Guess I have control issues after all."

Spike sighs. "Point taken. So, up for more or ready to call it a night?"

Liam tips his head back and looks at Spike. "Think we can cut it a bit early? Work tomorrow. I stay here and I'll be calling off with a hangover or going through every girl in this place. My libido does *not* suffer."

Spike nods. "Figured as much. I don't live far from here. Can you drop me off?"

Liam nods and stands, throwing his money to pay for his bill on the table. "Yeah, no problem, I can give you a ride."

Spike puts down his money. He stops the waitress on the way out and gives her a sizeable tip and a smile. As they leave, he says to Liam, "Thanks for coming out. Enjoyed showing you the place."

Liam nods. "You're welcome, and I guess thank you for bringing me. Could've been worse."

"High praise indeed." Spike grins and slides into the car. A short while later they are at Spike's building. It's an odd, windowless block of stone. "All vamp apartments," Spike says.

Liam nods, looking at the building, waiting for the aliens to emerge. "Uh huh. Nice place. Very...square and well, bare of anything resembling a sane living establishment. Very fitting, actually."

"You're absolutely right. But if you burst into flame when sunlight hit you, you'd probably live in a stone box too. See you tomorrow." He goes padding off into the building, swiping a security card to get in the main door.

Liam puts the car into gear and pulls out, heading home.

Part 2

"The chemicals between us
The walls that lie between us"
-Bush, The Chemicals Between Us

The next night Liam arrives at work to find Spike already there looking over reports. "Got an i.d. on our vic from last night. He was Jack Challem. Vampire rights activist, very prominent. There's all kinds of uproar in the vampire community and they've been putting pressure on the mayor, and as usual...shit rolls downhill. Captain Giles already called me in to tell me what a priority this case just turned into. I assured him I'd tell you so he didn't have to see you."

Liam hangs his coat on his chair and sits sipping his coffee, nodding as he turns the reports, looking them over. "So I'm guessing we have to work harder, faster to catch this girl now right?"

"That's what it boils down to. I've been noticing that all the deaths so far have taken place either before or shortly after feedings. Usually near vampire hangouts."

"So we can set up the highly populated Vampire hot spots. Get our guys on rotating shifts watching for our girl. Thats a good start I can set it up if you agree. Then if you have any ideas feel free to spin it."

"Sounds good. I'll work on trying to come up with any other way for generating leads I can manage."

Liam nods, picking up the phone, making a few calls and setting up the stakeouts, then he hangs up and looks at Spike. "Done."

Spike sighs. "Must be nice to have juice around here. Of course, it probably helps that the case is a priority."

"That’s the jist, pretty much. And the fact a lot of people are scared of me helps. So what do you want to do? I imagine sitting around here doing nothing will get our asses flayed and quick. You’re the vamp guy-- start making suggestions."

Spike nods. "I could be bait."

"Ok, you want to go out and try to get this bitch to stake you? Are you like insane? That also means you need someone to be a victim. Who you getting to do that?" Liam asks.

"We go to the clubs and I pick them up the usual way. And you'd be in the alleyway watching to warn me so I could defend myself."

Liam contemplates. "Ok, I can't actually allow you to put someone in harm’s way, Spike, no matter if we’re both Detectives. Try again."

Spike sighs. "Well, that would leave...using *you* as the donor."

Liam is really happy his coffee is sitting on the desk because another cup would’ve gotten spilled. He says slowly to make sure, "Me? Use me? Do you...I mean, you’re not going to bite me, no way in hell."

Spike shakes his head. "No, wouldn't have to bite you. Just fake it. Close clinch, mouth on your neck, you making moaning noises....you know, simple."

Liam starts tapping his fingers off the desk in a fast beat. "Simple. Yeah. Ok...fine...fine. Just...ok. Fine. Let’s get this done, then." Liam stands, leaving his jacket on his chair as he waits for Spike.

Spike quickly catches up. "We don't know where she might be, so we'll have to do it multiple places."

Liam groans inwardly but nods. "Whatever we need to do, we'll do it. I like my job and I want to keep it."

They climb into the car and head off to the nearest vamp club. "To make this seem realistic, we'll have to meet inside the club and go outside. I'll go in first, you wait five minutes or so and come inside. I'll have to come proposition you and we'll need to make it look real. We don't know if she's seeing them in the club or outside, so we have to play it out."

Liam nods and twiddles his fingers. "I told you, whatever we need to do, so that works for me."

Spike smiles and heads into the club.

Liam waits out the five minutes by rearranging his clothing, unbuttoning a few buttons on his shirt, and making his hair a sexy disarray. Then he stands up and squares his shoulders, walking coolly and sexily into the club.

Spike is leaning back against the bar and sees Liam walk in. He raises an eyebrow at Liam's appearance, pleasantly surprised. He has to elbow and stare down a few other vampires to reach him first. He looks Liam up and down appraisingly, and says in his liquid sex voice, "Are you a spectator or are you here to be chosen?"

Liam, playing his part, tilts his head and smiles shyly, saying softly, "Chosen."

Spike strokes his face and down his neck. "Then come with me," and wraps an arm around his waist, leading him out of the club to a nearby alleyway. Liam obediently lets himself be lead out to the alley.

Spike pushes him against the building wall gently and shifts into gameface, lowering his mouth to Liam's neck. Liam can feel the very tips of the fangs touching his skin, and Spike's lips cool against the warm skin of his neck. Liam shudders-- he can't help it-- but manages to think that would look normal. He closes his eyes as if in bliss, stroking his hands up Spike’s lower back as if encouraging him, then he starts to make the moans...all kinds… breathy, intense, satisfied, pleasured and full of desire.

They continue for a few minutes and then Spike pulls back, licking Liam's neck. "A pleasure. Such a wonderful evening for us both," He says, looking into Liam's eyes. He gestures with his eyes for them to leave.

Liam nods, his eyes slightly dazed from the concentration, and he turns starting to walk down the alley to the exit.

They end up back in the car. "So, no luck there. Ready to try again?" Spike asks.

Liam closes his eyes, cracks his neck, and nods, then opens them, getting in the car, starting to tap his knee again.

They move off to the next place, repeating the scenario. This time Spike puts a hand on the back of Liam's neck while they are in the alleyway..."for balance," he says, once they are back in the car. The truth is he is starting to get aroused from the performance.

Liam just looks out the window, nodding, his tapping increasing in speed.

"No problem Spike...whatever needs to be done." He figured if he repeated it enough it would stay true, but this is unnerving him in a way he never imagined and doesn't even want to begin to define-- so he doesn't, opting for the ‘ignore and it will soon go away’ tactic.

The next place, hand on the neck again, and it seems that Spike is fractionally closer than before, though he denies it once back in the car.

Liam rolls his eyes in frustration and repeats one last time, "Fine, it was a accident but I breathe, fang boy, so a little distance. You don't have to rub me like a horny dog."

Spike nods. "Of course, Liam. Wouldn't dream of acting unprofessionally."

At the next place Spike is just a hair too slow in getting there and two other vamps are trying to rub on Liam and Spike has to pull them off. He has to rub his hands over Liam before they walk outside. "Otherwise they'd never buy me pulling off the other vamps if I didn't scent mark you," Spike explains.

Liam just grits his teeth and lets himself be pulled, the routine clear and defined by now. When Spike pushes him back to the wall it's with a tad bit more force then before. He stabs a quick glare before pushing out an excited moan as if this action turned him on.

A couple of more places, and this time no new incidents to flare Liam's temper more. But at the last place....Spike drops an arm around his waist, pulling their crotches together momentarily.

Liam bites his tongue and just arches his neck back further, refusing to utter one fucking noise from his throat for that trick. If the killer is here it will have to go on visual alone...and if she appears Liam is highly considering letting her rough Deadie up a bit.

Spike surprises Liam by pulling the small back-up gun that Liam keeps in the small of his back and whirling around. Liam opens his eyes in time to catch a quick flash of blonde hair and Spike streaking off fast after her.

Liam rushes down the alley, running as fast as he can to catch up. He whips around the corner in time to see the blonde jumping over a high fence he wouldn't dare to jump with his physique. He curses and reaches for his gun, realizes it's gone and curses and stamps, screaming, "FUCK!!" Spike, of course, is up and over the fence and chasing determinedly after the blonde.

Liam runs back to his car and uses his cell phone to report and call all the units on patrol to this area. Then dejectedly he plops on the roof and just vents his anger by whipping rocks at the alley wall, cursing the whole time.

A few minutes later, Spike comes back, fuming. "Little bitch lost me. *OUTRAN* me. A vampire my age. And she's breathing...I could hear her heartbeat and smell her blood. I called in the last position and heading I had on her. Well, we're busted. No more bait assignments for us."

"Well wasn't this just worth my effort and time. Oh, yeah, a load of shits and giggles. Do we have to write up a report for this?" Liam asks, his gaze fixed on the alley wall.

"It wasn't a *complete* waste of time. We know she's not straight human. And we know she's not a vamp. That leaves some kind of mystically powerful human of some sort and that narrows our search considerably. But yeah, we have to write up a report. Back to the precinct."

"Joy, let’s go then." Liam says, getting in the car, slamming the door.

"What?" Spike asks as he starts the car, heading back to the precinct.

"Our tactic drew her out. We got information. What's the problem?"

Liam grunts and replies in a low tone. "Nothing."

Spike sighs and they drive back the rest of the way in silence. When the day is over Spike doesn't even attempt to ask Liam out for a drink.

Liam gathers up his keys, spares Spike a look that says, 'Oh how I loathe you.' Then he storms out of the precinct, people once again ducking out of his way, hopping into his car, tires screeching as he roars out of the precinct.

Gunn whistles and looks at Spike. "Dude, I'm really glad I'm not you right now." And then he walks away.

Spike shakes his head and leaves for home.

Spike arrives home and Delilah runs up and weaves in and out around his ankles, purring and meowing all at once. Spike bends over and pets her.

"Hello my sweet Delilah. Miss me?"

Delilah looks up and meows, her blue eyes glinting.

"So sweet. Come with me and I'll feed you." He goes in and takes out her premium food and flakes it into a crystal bowl, setting it on the floor. He refills her cat drinking fountain to the brim. Nothing but the best for Delilah.

He heats up a mug of pig's blood and seasons it with spices and a bit of crumbled Wheetabix.

He sits down to sip his blood on a huge overstuffed tapestry chair, propping up his feet on an ottoman. He sighs. *Damn sex drive. Pushed all the progress I made with Liam straight down the drain. Fuck. Damn vampire hormones, anyway.*

He finishes the blood and gets up, pacing around the room. Finally, he curses himself. *Too much fucking brooding. Going to end up like my Sire. Time to get out!* He pulls on his coat and heads out, intent on going to a club and finding a proper and willing donor, one who wanted *full* service, and forgetting about a certain very handsome and oh-so-yummy-smelling detective named Liam.

Liam slams the door to his house and Sunny automatically comes sprinting out and sitting obediently. She may be a dog but she knows this routine.

Liam looks at her and sighs, bending down and petting her. "I'm sorry, girl, long night, no more slamming, ok?" Sunny licks the side of Liam’s face softly and rubs her head against his in a show of love.

Liam rubs the back of her neck. "I love you too, baby. Are you hungry?"

Sunny stays still and does not pat Liam in anyway which indicates no, she isn't. Liam nods and stands, patting his side. "Come on, let’s get a beer and chill on the couch." Liam walks to the kitchen, Sunny trailing behind. He gets a beer out of the fridge, walking to the living room and dropping on the couch. Sunny lays on the floor by Liam’s hand which automatically drops and starts to rub behind her ears. "So we got a look at this Vampire killer today, girl, not much but a look. But trust me it didn't come for free. You wouldn't believe what I had to do to get that much."

Sunny looks at Liam in interest.

"Yeah, well I tell you but it doesn't leave this room got it."

Sunny bats her head against Liam’s hand in understanding and Liam nods.

"So Spike-- that vampire who you so thought was good enough to be in my home?" Liam arches a brow, but all Sunny does is wag harder and look excited. Liam mutters, "Traitor." But then he sighs, continuing, "Well, I had to be his fake donor. Which means I had to be like a B-porn actor. Had to let him put his fangs against my neck, place after place and make sounds of pleasure...little moans." Liam shudders. "And that was fine-- do what I have to do to get the job done. But then that undead Fabio had to start sneaking his perve-ness on me. I told him… it's not like he doesn't know."

Sunny just tilts her head and Liam sighs, against rubbing Sunny's head.

"Well you know me. I flipped out and he started to do more shit, then...well she appeared and that stopped it for like five seconds until we got back in the car together and he’s all innocent. You know, 'Whats wrong? What I do?' he's a weasel. Not sure he will be coming back, baby. I think I might’ve been that bastard everyone likes to call me a bit too much. But hell with him. I'm not one of his little followers. He doesn't intrigue me at ALL. He makes want to heave... upchuck... vomit... retch..."

Sunny groans and lowers her head away from Liam’s hand, putting her head on her paws, looking bored.

Liam sits up and peeks down at her. "What?"

Sunny moves her head away and won't look at Liam.

Liam sighs and lays down, turning off the lamp and sighing himself. "Fine. I don't care-- you and Janet can bite me. I don't have anger issues and I don't need him to like me."

Sunny makes a bored yawn sound and Liam groans himself and flips over on the couch, muttering, "You used to be a good dog...I'm going to sleep."

Liam shuts his eyes and is soon asleep.

The next day Liam shows up at the precinct. Spike is waiting. He sighs.

"Captain Giles said we need to go in there as soon as you got in."

Liam, without nodding, diverts his steps and heads to the Captain’s office, knocking once there. "Sir?"

"Come in." Both Liam and Spike walk in and sit down. "I'll come straight to the point. There was another dusting last night in addition to the attempt on Spike here. And both times the patrol was nowhere near the scene. I think we have a leak in the department somewhere."

Liam swears under his breath and rubs his eyes. "Great, that’s all we need. Fan-fucking-tastic."

Spike nods and groans. "So what does this mean, Captain?"

Giles sighs again. "It means you two are essentially on your own for this thing. Anything about the case goes only to me and through me to you two. We'll keep up the patrols just in case but it doesn't look good. The new case files are on your desks. It was a double dusting this time, a couple, Opara and Shouber Cloutare. And Spike, I don't need to tell *you* what that means."

Spike nods, eyes wide. "All holy hell must be breaking loose right now. The Cloutares are best friends with the Mayor. *Big-time* power and money."

"Shit, friends of the Mayor? Those vampire socialites-- the ones in the paper?" Liam asks.

Spike nods. "Yes. Those vampire socialites."

Captain Giles nods. "So get over to the scenes and ask around and see if anyone saw our mysterious blonde."

Liam stands. "I'm on it." He walks out and heads for his car.

Spike rushes and catches up. "*We're* on it. Partners, remember?"

Liam shrugs. "Whatever. But you can take your own car, you don't need to hold my hand, do you?"

"Partners ride together." Spike says. "Department policy."

Liam sighs but unlocks his car, gets in, and after a minute of contemplation, unlocks the passenger side. "Let’s go, then."

Spike slides in. "We can start at the club where we saw her last night. It's the closest."

"My favorite place..whee." Liam starts up the car and heads out. A half hour later they are at the club. Liam pulls in. "So we go in and ask around-- see if anyone saw her?"

Spike nods. "That's the plan."

"Well let’s go get all questiony." Liam gets out and heads for the club. He stops and talks to the bouncers first. He describes the girl to the best of his knowledge and he gets a no, then walks in.

Spike is inside talking to the bartenders. "Big no from the bartenders," he says to Liam. "What about the bouncers?"

"No from them too. Not like they know one blonde girl from the rest. I'm sure they all look the same to them but they said no. So now what?" Liam replies.

Spike sighs. "Yeah, it's probably useless, but we have to cover the bases. On to the club where the Cloutares were killed."

Liam nods and heads back to the car. Once in, he asks for directions, gets them, and heads out. A short time later, they arrive. He gets out, waiting for Spike. "You go first this round."

Spike nods and heads in talking to the bouncers. Strikeout again. He goes to meet up with Liam. "Any luck?"

"No. Same shit everywhere-- it's like she is the Flash. Fast in, fast out. No one sees her beside the obvious hair color. What the fuck is she? Wonder Woman?"

Spike stops, wheels turning in his head. "No. But something awfully damn close. FUCK! I should have put this together last night. I knew that odor was familiar. A Slayer!"

"There hasn't been a Slayer since way before I was born. Not saying they turned to Dust but ever since you wacks got the status of being a race they kinda well...wiped out and didn't have a purpose. So why now and for what?" Liam says.

Spike shakes his head. "I don't know. But that was a Slayer. That speed, that strength, that distinctive smell...couldn't be anything else."

"And unless I shoot her I can't do a damn thing to stop her along with my precinct. So now what, I say again?"

Spike sighs. "The Watcher's Council. They should have a liason in the city we can talk to."

Liam nods, opens his cell, calls the precinct, gets the number, and hangs up. He dials the number for the Council and waits as it rings.

"Watcher's Council, Andrew Mair speaking," A young-sounding male voice answers.

"Hello, this is Detective O'Donnell from the 13th precinct. I need to ask you if you could meet me and my partner somewhere so I can ask you some questions. Police business."

"Why yes, Detective, certainly. The Watcher's Council is only too happy to assist the police on official business. Does this require privacy?"

"It could. Depends on you, really. We need to discuss the Slayer."

"Oh, in that case, privacy is essential. Please come to this address." And Andrew rattles off an address.

"Got it. See you soon." Liam hangs up and looks at Spike. "Let’s go."

They get in the car and follow the directions to a apartment complex and Liam looks up at it. "*This* is the Watchers Council?"

Spike nods. "Not much work for them since the Accords. And this is only the L.A. liason. The main offices in London are terribly impressive-looking. Well, let's go in."

Liam and Spike go inside, going up to the floor they need and walking to the door. Liam knocks.

A rather unimpressive and nerdy-looking young man in jeans and a t-shirt answers the door. He has tousled blonde hair and blue eyes. "Are you the gentlemen from the police department?"

Liam wants to laugh, but he holds it in and instead holds out his hand in greeting. "Yes I'm Detective O'Donnell. This is Detective Spike. Hello, are you Andrew?"

"Yes, I am. Pleasure to meet you. Please come in." He looks over at Spike. "Am I mistaken, or are you a Vam-Pyre?" He pronounces it oddly, with the stress on the second syllable.

Spike nods. "I am indeed. Sharp eye. I can see why you are a Watcher."

His eyes twinkle merrily.

"I thought so. Spike...Aurelius line, right?"

Spike nods, more serious this time. "Yes, I am."

"*Excellent*. Would you gentlemen care for any refreshment?"

Liam nods and watches all this with a curious eye. Aurelius-- that was a pretty name. If he had to have a bloodline name he would pick it. It's regal...noble...sounds good when you hear it. "Sure, what you got?"

"A fine assortment of sodas, perrier, herbal tea, and heineken," Andrew answers. He looks over at Spike. "None of your particular variety of refreshment, however."

Spike smiles. "I'll take a Coke."

Liam nods, coughing slightly. "Yeah...uhmm same for me. Would take a beer, but currently working."

"*Excellent*. Please sit down and I'll be right back out." Spike and Liam sit down and he comes back with two cans of coke and sits down in an oversized recliner that nearly swallows him. "So what can I do for you gentleman?" He says.

Liam covers his mouth to hold in the chuckle. He opens the coke, taking a sip to calm himself, then he speaks. "We have reason to suspect there is a Slayer committing unlicensed vampire killings."

"A Slayer? But that's impossible, gentlemen. The Slayer line went defunct twenty years ago. The last one died and no new one arose."

Liam turns to Spike. "Well, you seem to think otherwise. Talk to mini-Watcher-- give him your view."

Spike firmly stifles a chuckle and turns to Andrew. "It was a Slayer. She outran me. Performed incredible feats of strength during the pursuit. And...she smelled like a Slayer."

Andrew raises an eyebrow. "And you would know, wouldn't you, Spike. Killed a Slayer, didn't you? During the Boxer Rebellion?"

Liam raises his own eyebrow and looks at Spike.

Spike nods. "Yes. That was before the Accords, of course. And before I grew up and saw the error of my ways."

Andrew looks skeptical but nods. "Yes, of course. But in any case if you say it is, then you would probably know. I'll contact the main office and get back with you gentlemen later and tell you what we can do to help."

Liam nods and gets out a card, handing it to Andrew. "Here’s my card with my cell and circuit number for the precinct. Call if you find *anything* out. Our balls are kind of stringed up on this one and we need to get this girl. Any help we would appreciate."

Spike also gets out his card and hands it to Andrew. "And here's *my* card. This one also has my private numbers. Feel free to use it... *anytime*."

Andrew nods, his eyes lingering on Spike. "Of course. Thank you so much, gentlemen. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance."

Liam notices this and sighs, walking to the door. "Thanks." He opens the door and looks back at Spike. "Come on, pheromone boy, let’s go. Your work is done."

Spike shrugs, looking at Andrew. "He's an uncultured beast, forgive him."

And he walks out, not stopping til he gets to the car. Once Liam unlocks the door, Spike chuckles and slides in. "Can't help it if the poor boy finds me attractive. It may give him some motivation to help us more, or faster, if he thinks it'll give him a chance with me."

Liam looks over at Spike, smirking. He leans over and breathes a long hot breath from Spike’s neck to his ear, then he whispers softly, "Am I still a uncultured beast now? Or have my standards pumped *up* a bit?"

Spike takes a small, almost inaudible gasp. "Definitely up."

Liam clucks his tongue off the roof of his mouth, moving back, then chuckles. "Good. Don't say rude shit about me in public again. I don't talk about how you could use a mint and a lint brush so stuff your English pie hole." Liam starts the car and pulls out, heading back to the precinct.

Spike chuckles. "Point taken. You *did*, however, call me 'pheremone boy' just before my 'uncultured beast' remark. Don't expect me to take and not retaliate."

Liam slams the brakes and turns, looking at Spike. He just looks for a few minutes, ignoring beeps of car horns and the screaming of angry road-rage-driven Californians as they drive around. When he speaks, it's carefully neutral. "You know that phrase good for the goose, good for the gander?"

Spike nods. "Yes."

"Well, it doesn't apply to me, Spike. I do what I want when I want how I want. I don't care about your immortality or super strength or big scary fangs. Because you don't scare me at *all*. So let’s get this straight. You may not like who I am or what I do or who I do it with. But I don't rightly give a shit. Now I understand you’re entitled to your own opinion and everything. So if you don't like working with me-- go to Giles and tell him so. I don't care if he kicks me off this case. Fuck...I never wanted to be on this case. But let’s get something straight. I'll keep being me and if you keep pushing me, you won't like the results. It's why I don't have partners Spike, because I am such a power-driven bastard. Get it or get over it or get another partner." Liam looks back to the road then and starts driving again.

Spike chuckles and settles back in the seat, but doesn't comment. *Oh, yes. He wants me. This one and I will end up in bed together eventually, and he will be screaming my name.*

They arrive back to the precinct and they go to their desks. Liam sits and starts to jot down all the info they gathered into a report.

Spike types his, fingers flying over the keyboard, and then he sits back, studying the case files.

The phone on Liam's desk rings. *Ring ring*

Liam picks up the phone. "Hello Detective O'Donnell."

"Captain Giles. I need you and Spike in here right away." The phone clicks off.

Liam hangs up the phone. "Well, Christ, you could’ve kissed me first."

Liam looks at Spike. "He wants us in his office now."

Spike shrugs. "Off to face the firing squad." He gets up and heads towards the office.

Liam heads right behind and knocks on the door. "Sir, it's us."

"Come in." When they are seated Giles sits down. "We just got something from the department psychic. It's an address. She got it in connection to the cases you are working on. Recognize it, Spike?"

Spike looks at it, nods, and sighs. "Kurt Donsbach's residence. The place where the vampire socials are held."

Captain Giles nods. "To which you hold a standing invitation."

Spike laughs, a short, bitter, barking laugh. "Yes. Last survivor of the Aurelius line, going all the way back to Emperor Marcus Aurelius? Of course I do. But...you don't know what would be required for me to walk in there."

Captain Giles sighs. "So why don't you tell us?"

Spike sits back, running his hands through his hair. "There are two types of vampires. I'm going to use old-school, politically-incorrect terms because they are applicable to this situation. Most vampires are minions. No matter who made them, no matter how old they get, they will never be anything but minions. Held to a certain maximum power and strength level. Then there are Masters. No matter who Sired them, they will eventually be stronger and more powerful than any Minion can ever hope to be. Then there are the old lines--the fine old vampire bloodlines that run back at least a thousand years or more. Master of the Old Lines are the real powers in the vampire world, no matter how modern everything gets. I am a Master of one of the Old Lines. I can play power games if I am so inclined. But I haven't been. I don't want to be one of those crusty old bastards. And with the way I've been acting I'll have to obey every law of protocol if I go to one of the socials. That means bringing either a Pet or a Servant, and I don't have a Servant, and no time to cultivate one, so that means a Pet." He looks over at Liam.

"Why you looking at me?" Liam asks, then it dawns on him. "No, oh no. Playing a part, ok, I can do that, but no. Understand me? Fuck, no."

"You think I'm thrilled about it after last time? But we *can't* trust anyone else in the department and I *can't* endanger a civlian. So it's you."

Liam looks at Giles. "Tell him no."

Giles shakes his head. "You have to do it, Liam."

Liam stands up and screams, "GOD DAMN IT!!" Then he runs his hand through his hair, calming. "Fine, whatever needs to be done but if this goes too far, I'm out. I'm not his damn slave. I'm no man’s slave." He leans back against the wall and crosses his hands over his chest.

Spike shakes his head. "Not slave. Pet. Kinds of like the role you played at the bar only on a full-time basis. A dedicated donor is what we call them in politically proper terms nowadays. But the old term, the term *they* will use, is Pet. You just have to behave as if you are," and he sighs heavily," in love with me, or at least heavily in lust with me, and submissive. You won't be expected to fetch and carry or follow orders. You'd be an arm-ornament more than anything else. Walk around and look pretty."

Liam shakes his finger at Giles. "Ah-ha! See? I'm out. Not pretty. Nope, not me. We can get another detective to do it."

Giles moans and rubs his forehead with his hand. "No other detectives, we don’t know who the leak is. And you *are* a handsome man Liam, and you well know it. You're definitely qualified for the role. So settle in and take it like a man."

Liam growls out, "I'm trying to by saying hell no. But you two happen to think I'm like the biggest fairy park ride attraction around." He throws his arms out, calming again, saying evenly, "I said fine. I'll do it. Just tell me what all I have to do, show me what I have to wear -- if I don't have it already-- anything like that and I'll do it."

Spike keeps his face perfect serious. "Do you have any leather pants?"

Liam mutters. "Yeah, one pair. I went through a phase-- scared my *one* friend. He said I looked like a serial killer, so I put them in the closet to like never come out again."

"Well they need to come out. That and one of those white tanks should do nicely."

Liam just nods and looks at Giles. "So when do we need to do this?" v Spike answers before Giles can. "Tomorrow night, 7:30pm. And *I'll* pick *you* up. We have to arrive in style so I'll have to arrange to borrow a proper car."

"Fine, can I go home now?"

The Captain nods. "Yes. Turn in your report before you go."

Liam walks out, finishes up the last bit of the report, signs it and brings it back in, setting it on the desk. "There and I'm out. Unless of course you want to maybe dress me in drag and make me walk the streets? No, okie then." Then he walks out without another word, grabbing his keys and heading to his car.

Spike catches up to him before he gets in the car. "I meant what I said...if I could get someone else, I would. I *hate* making you do this when you don’t want to. Hell, I *hate* having to do it. You don't know how hard I fought to get out of that world. I sure don't want to plunge back in."

Liam raises his hand. "Seven-thirty, you come pick me up and we do this. Until then I don't want to talk about it, all right? Unless you have some other tidbit for me."

Spike narrows his eyes and shakes his head.

"Ok then, see you tomorrow." Liam opens the door and gets in his car. He peeks his head out. "Listen, I'm not saying you set this up, all right. I just...never mind, but I know that. See you tomorrow." Liam pulls out without another word and heads home.

Spike stalks off and gets in his car to go home. *Damn human. All he has to do is act like a love-sick puppy for two hours. *I* have to call and make nice to these bastards I've been fighting for over fifty years, pretend to have seen their way. Have to pretend to desert every ally I’ve ever had, every bridge I’ve ever built, with no guarantee I can ever rebuild them again. *Damn* humans with no sense of compassion. I'm a soulless vampire and I've got more fellow feeling that he does.* He slams his car into gear and heads for his apartment, where rounds of calls and e-mails wait to fill his evening in preparation for the night to come.

Liam goes home grabs a few beers and hits the bed. Sunny curls up beside him on the bed because he is unnaturally quiet. He strips off his clothes and falls asleep after five or six bottles of beer and petting Sunny.

PART 3

"We're of the hollow men
We are the naked ones
We never meant you harm
Never meant you wrong"
-Bush, The Chemicals Between Us

The alarm sounds late in the afternoon. Liam hits the snooze but then Sunny gets in his face. "What? What? Sunny, for god’s sake, ok. I'm getting, I'm getting." Liam gets up and pads naked into the kitchen, fills Sunny's water and food, then he opens the back door and lets her out to use the restroom. He scratches his belly and pours himself a glass of OJ and waits for Sunny to come back. A minute or two later she does and he shuts the door and heads to the shower. He showers and dresses in the black low riding and extremely fitting leather pants, then throws on his white ribbed tank top. He puts on his boots then goes into the bathroom gelling his hair in cosmic disarray the likes that sexed-up bed hair has never seen. Then he sits, another beer in his hands, and just waits, watching the clock.

Seven-twenty-five and Liam can hear a car pull up outside. A moment later there is a knock on the door.

Liam calls out, "Come in."

Spike opens the door and comes in. He is dressed to kill. He is wearing dark burgundy lace-up leather pants with cutouts going all the way up the side, revealing his muscular legs and his hips, and clinging to every curve and muscle. He is wearing a form-fitting sleeveless shirt with alternating bands of silk and some sort of sheer fabric, showcasing bands of his alabaster flesh and also showing every muscle. On his feet are boots of dyed elkskin, soft and clinging, with elaborately carved buttons of malachite. He wears a choker of gold set with a huge cabochon ruby, and a large ring with the pattern of a gryphon holding an ‘A’ carved into its face. "Ready?" he asks.

Liam tips back the beer to cover his swallowing from anything else, then he stands and pets Sunny, kissing her nose. "See you later, girl, ok?"

Sunny wags and rubs against his leg then moves out of the way. Liam walks up to Spike. "Ready."

Spike nods. "Goodbye, Sunny," he calls out cheerily.

Sunny barks her goodbye as Liam shuts the door. He walks down the steps and whistles when he sees the car. "A god damn Viper?"

Spike nods. "Yes indeed. On loan from a friend. She purrs magnificently."

He moves forward, calling out, "Hop on in," as he slides into the driver's seat.

Liam gets inside and he can't help it he rubs the dashboard and lowers his ear to it so he can hear the hum. "Oh, this is *so* making up for my soon-to-be humiliation right now."

Spike chuckles. "I'm glad. If it were mine I'd let you drive it, too."

Liam hums. "Shh, doesn't matter, drive. This is like heaven right now."

Spike chuckles again, and then drives, letting Liam just enjoy the ride. They arrive and pull up, and get out to give the car over to a valet parker. Spike stops Liam on the walk in, pulling out a white scarf and tying it around Liam's bicep. "Whatever you do, don't take this off tonight. It'll keep you safe. And walk just behind my right shoulder unless I pull you around with me."

Liam nods. "Not a problem. So, a question. Can I talk to you or am I only allowed to talk if you tell me to or ask me a question?"

"You can talk to me as long as you don't interrupt another conversation. If you really need to speak to me and I'm talking to someone else, touch the small of my back and I'll break off the conversation and move so you can."

"Ok, well then, I'm tapped. Is there anything else I need to know or is that pretty much the jist...the walk behind your right shoulder, don't take off white scarf, I can talk but not interrupt, I am to be your goo-goo-eyed submissive love puppy-- that about cover it?"

"That's pretty much it," Spike says. *Well, there's the other little thing, but if I have to do that...shit, better not to think about it. You're going to hate me afterward but why not? Almost everyone else does now.*

"Well then let’s do it. Better late than never," Liam says.

Spike nods and start walking ahead of Liam to the door. Servants open it as he walks and he keeps striding until he meets a robed figure and stops. He nods slightly at the man.

"Kurt," Spike says. "William," the man replies. Spike narrows his eyes.

"Oh, yes, you go by Spike. So sorry. So nice to finally have you here. And what a pretty pet. White scarf? What a shame."

Spike nods. "I can't *bear* to share him. He's new and I am still quite enchanted with him," Spike says lightly.

Kurt nods and stands aside. "Please, I won't detain you. Go mingle. But please, for form's sake, make sure to bite the apple tonight."

Spike looks over, his face carefully neutral, and he nods. He moves forward, not looking to see if Liam is behind him.

Liam walks close to Spike, leaning over to his ear when he gets a chance and whispering, "And what does that mean?"

"Ok. Don't overreact. You overreact, they'll kill us both. It means I have to bite you and drink from you, sometime tonight."

Liam stops walking, placing his arm gently on Spike’s and whispers in his ear calmly but clearly, "No."

Spike whispers back. "They aren't kidding around here. If I don't behave properly they might kill me, old line or not. I *have* to do this. And you *have* to do this, or we're probably dead."

Liam grits his teeth, his hand fractionally squeezing Spike’s. He sets his head against the back of Spike’s, fighting off the urge to scream and vent. It takes him a minute and he forces his hands to move in a caressing fashion, then he moves back to Spike’s ear. "When this night is over, I'm done with this, with you. I'll help Giles find you someone that can be trusted to replace me. I don't want to be near you again. Now lets do what we have to do."

Spike nods. He turns around, fighting for the inner calm to show the properly detached, sneering face he would need tonight to pull this off. But inwardly his heart sank at having to lose yet another person to this stupid charade.

They walk into the party and Spike begins circulating, making contact after contact. Liam is secretly impressed despite himself at Spike's ability to remember all of these people and know enough about them to make light and pleasant conversation. He can pick up any number of veiled threats or attempts to get Spike to use his position on the force for illicit purposes, and Spike turns them all aside with grace and leaves each person happy.

They've made one circuit around the room and Spike stops in a conspicuous spot, highly visible, but with no one really close, and pulls Liam around. He wraps his arms around Liam's waist and pulls him close. "It's going to be now," he whispers. Liam freezes and grits his teeth, readying himself.

Spike sees this. *No good. He's supposed to be my Pet and love this and want it. Time for the old Seducer magic.* Spike starts shifting his aura, letting the edges of the power sink out, now at the very lowest setting, the one that would bring someone already attracted under his power. Liam's body relaxes as he looks into Spike’s eyes. But furthermore, Spike’s eyes look very, very, very blue...and pretty...like Spike is pretty...no...no, Spike is beautiful, like some perfect statue created from the hands of god himself. Liam whispers, his thoughts freaking him a bit, "What are you doing to me?"

Spike whispers back, "Relaxing you. You need to act like you want this and you want me. *Really* want me." Spike strokes the side of his neck. Liam shudders when what feels like tiny electric bolts shoot from his neck to his brain then straight to his groin. He closes his eyes and his breathing increases a bit as he whispers, "Is it...really...necessary? You could’ve just said...god...god...relax."

"Vampires can smell arousal. This will convince them better than any acting." And Spike shifts into gameface then, sinking his slender white fangs into Liam's neck, drinking a few mouthfuls of blood. Spike is mildly surprised that Liam has succumbed this easily. *I must have been more right than I knew that he is attracted to me.*

Liam moans now and it's a very real moan. He grips Spike around the waist as Spike feeds from him. His brain is a mirage of thoughts, all whirling together, along with his senses, every one firing off like cannons.

Spike takes his fangs out and licks the wounds closed. He shifts out of game face and then stands beside Liam, wrapping his arm around his waist. He licks the shell of Liam's ear, whispering, "I'm taking you outside to recover. Don't fight me." And he starts walking towards the terrace door.

Liam doesn't-- even if he could his brain is like a speeding bullet train-- so he just lets himself be led.

Spike takes Liam outside and sits him in a wrought iron chair as he himself balances, sitting on the terrace wall. "I *hate* this," he whispers. "I *hate* this more than you can possibly imagine. I want to go in there and kill everyone in that room or die trying. You have no concept what evil is, Liam, until you've actually had to plough through the nasty oil-slick auras of those monsters in that room."

Liam just lifts his hand to his neck and he hisses, jerking. He gets dizzy from jerking and starts to sway. He grabs the chair and whispers. "When can we go?"

"Soon. I don't know what we're here for but I've done all I can stomach tonight. Rest a moment and we'll go." As he is talking, Liam can see, running fast, a blonde-haired figure up the terrace steps.

Liam jumps up, but his equilibrium is thrown off and he falls to his knees, so he points behind Spike wheezing out, "There, Spike, behind you, hurry."

Spike whips around, pulling a thin knife apparently out of nowhere and managing to plunge it into the gut of the blond as she is attempting to stake him. The stake misses and hits a few inches away from the heart, sinking in a few inches. The blonde staggers off as Spike pulls out the stake and throws it through a window, setting off the alarms. The blonde picks up speed as she runs off and Spike crumples to the ground.

Liam, despite his anger, crawls over to Spike as fast he can, his head thumping harder from all this moving and shaking, but he ignores it.

"Spike?...Spike...damn it...Spike?"

Spike wheezes. "Liam. Just a minute. I'll get up in a minute. Get the knife. Hide it. We need the DNA."

Liam looks and sees the knife laying not too far away, and thanks the heavenly stars for it, too. He moves over and gathers it up and closes it, then sticks it in his pocket as he falls back now to the ground and closes his eyes to try force the spinning to stop. He forces out, "Hope... you’re... in... better... shape... than... me or... you... may be kissing... the... sun. I believe I'm going to pass out soon."

"Will be. Just a minute for the wound to heal." Spike lays gasping for a few minutes as security guards come and fan out. Spike points them in the direction that the blonde woman ran, but lays there, recovering. Kurt comes out. "Oh, how terrible, Spike! And on my own estate. How can I help."

Spike pulls up and looks at him. "No need. I shall be fine." He gets up and pulls Liam to his feet. "But we shall be leaving now. You understand."

"Of course," says Kurt, and moves out of the way. Spike walks him down to the car and slides Liam in, moving around and climbing in the driver's side. He pulls out to the end of the driveway and stops, pulling a cooler from the back seat and opening it. Inside are two bags of blood. Spike hastily downs both and can feel his wounds knitting.

Liam struggles to keep his eyes open, but loss of blood and the constant moving have him exhausted and a little ill. He forces his eyes open for like the tenth time, then finally the spinning becomes too much and his eyes drift shut as he passes out.

He awakens sometime later to a tongue licking him on the face, followed by a loud bark. He is lying on his living room couch, and Spike is approaching with a glass of orange juice.

Liam reaches out slowly and ruffles Sunny’s fur around her neck, and speaks weakly. "Hey, baby girl, Daddy had a wild ride at work." Liam looks to Spike, tries to sit up, but his head spins, so he stays down.

"Fuck, when is this going to stop?" As he says that, his head clears, and he chalks it up to getting up too fast. He reaches his hand out for the orange juice.

Spike hands him the orange juice, theirs fingers slightly brushing as he does so. "As soon as you get your blood sugar back up and some proper rest. Had to carry you in here...I hope you don't have nosy neighbors."

Liam feels the electric shock again, and says to himself, *And when will that stop?* but he dare not say it aloud. He shakes his head, but realizes that was a no-no too, so speaks instead. "No, they’re fine. Sorry I conked...feel a bit like a pussy now. Lose a little blood and I need to be carried."

"No. If...oh, damn, Liam, I should’ve prepared you properly. I just really hoped not to have to do that. But now...I'm pretty sure it was a set-up. Get you groggy and get us both killed. After the peroxide queen had taken me out, they would have killed you and quietly disposed of the corpse. Voila, no investigation. That's my working theory, anyway."

Liam unconsciously reaches up to his neck and he encounters a bandage. He fingers around, happy it's there-- he's afraid of the aftereffect of touching that. "So, you think they have something to do with this? Or am I misunderstanding?"

"Yes. In particular, our host Kurt. He has too much security for her to have gotten in that easily. It *had* to be arranged."

Liam nods and slowly starts to stand. "Well, make sure you tell Giles. I'll call him later today tell him about me backing out, you won't have to. Thanks for carrying me in and watching over me...but you can go now."

Spike looks for a minute as if he is about to argue. Then he just sighs.

"Fine. Whatever. Get some rest." He turns his back and walks out. Liam doesn't watch him disappear-- just looks at Sunny as she looks at him, a very confused look on her face. Liam points to his neck and just arches a brow. Sunny sighs and lowers again but does no more. Liam sighs as well, walking to the door, now locking it. He's going to go to his bed and sleep-- when he wakes he will call Giles...and he will fight this time. Job or no job, he isn't working this with Spike anymore.

Spike climbs into the Viper and speeds off towards the precinct to drop off the knife for DNA comparison. He talks to the sketch artist and gets a picture together. He gives a report to Captain Giles. When he's done that, he gets back in the Viper again. He punches in a number on his cell phone. "Hello, Andrew? Yes, it's Spike. Got your message earlier but I was caught up in something I couldn't get out of. Can I still come over and talk? Excellent. See you soon." Spike flips off the phone and starts driving. He has three reasons for seeing Andrew tonight. One, he *could* actually have the information he claimed to have gotten. Two, Spike needed something to do. And three, and most importantly, Andrew would in no way remind Spike of a certain dark-haired man he was trying to forget tonight.

A few hours later, Liam wakes from his nap. He reaches straight for the phone and dials the Captain’s number.

**Ring, Ring**

"Captain Giles," Giles answers.

"It's me… we have to talk," Liam says.

"Liam, ah, good work on the party. We have a DNA match from the blood to the hair, and Spike got a good enough look for one of the sketch artists to do a picture. Excellent police work."

"Yeah, fantastic, considering we both almost could’ve died to get it. Listen, I'm out, and don't even think to tell me no or you can't possibly. I don't care, I'm out."

"No you're not. Not unless you care to be off the force. And probably unable to get a police job anywhere else. I have all the political pressure in the world on my neck and Spike can't work this case alone."

Liam's voice rises a bit in stress. "Captain, I'm not even caring at this point. I can give you someone else to help Spike. Gunn, Captain what about him? He is my only damn friend and I trust him get him to do it."

"And what if *he's* the leak. No, it's you. You are on this case and Spike is your partner and you *will* do it."

Liam screams, "HE BIT ME! God damn it. He didn't even bother to warn me it was a possibility. Playing parts, acting out a scene to get the killer ok I can do that. But HE BIT ME."

Giles sighs. "Yes, he explained all that in his report. It *was* unorthodox, but really, Liam, he had no choice in the matter. You *had* to go in there, and if he had warned you, you wouldn't have gone. It's as simple as that."

Liam grits his teeth and slowly counts backward from ten, then he says quietly, "I'm allowed personal days-- the ones I never take. Well, taking two of them now. And don't call me for shit unless you catch her. I'll be back in two days-- can I do that?"

Liam can hear Captain Giles' teeth grating over the phone. "Fine. See you in two days."

"Ok bye." Liam hangs up the phone and mutters, "Don't give a fuck if you’re pissed...not going near him." He gets up off the bed, goes out, feeds and fills Sunny’s water bowl, and settles down to read.

Liam wakes up early the next day. He showers and goes on his morning run Sunny going with him. He comes back an hour later, showers and then lets Sunny out. When she comes back in, he forgets to lock the back door. He cooks himself something to eat, watches some t.v. then pets and talks to Sunny for a long while until he shuts the t.v. off. Going to his bedroom, stripping off his clothes, he crawls in bed, falling into a gentle sleep.

The next night Spike comes stumbling into work, not in his usual sharp outfit but a pair of well-worn faded jeans and a midnight blue silk tank. He goes over the newest reports and looks at the sketch from the sketch artist and realizes after a few hours that Liam has not come in.

Remembering his words of the night before, Spike goes into Captain Giles' office, after knocking. "Did Liam quit?"

Giles looks up. "I wouldn't let him. He's taking two personal days." Giles sighs. "You do the same. You've done all you can do right now, we just need to start the nasty tedious police work of tracking her."

Spike nods. "Right. Thank you, Captain." He goes back to his desk and collects all the paperwork. Then he gets in his car, heading home....when he makes a decision. He turns the car and heads towards Liam's house.

Spike pulls up to Liam's house and heads to the back door. He has knocked several times with no response when he notices the door is loose. He tries it and it is unlocked. He opens it and goes inside. Sunny comes up to him and gives him an enthusiastic but fairly quiet greeting, and Spike pets her and ruffles her fur and lets himself be licked. He goes inside and looks around for Liam, finally hearing his quiet steady breathing and heartbeat in the bedroom. Spike settles down on the couch to wait for Liam to wake up.

Night comes and goes and in the morning Liam wakes on his own and gets out of bed. He pads naked out of his room, rubbing his fingers over the bite mark. He had finally removed the bandage the night before when he showered-- being sanitary won out. He calls out as he comes out of the hall into the open area that connects the living room to the kitchen, "Come on, girl, let’s get you fed and let you out."

Sunny gets up from Spike’s side and pads out towards the kitchen. Liam heads in as well, his attention was on rubbing his eyes and neck, waking up, so he had not looked in the living room. So he follows behind her when she brushes by him.

Spike looks at Liam's naked body appreciatively, with a considerable and rising arousal. It is spectacular, like a living Rodin. And his endowment is...well...more than considerable. He coughs, letting Liam know he is there.

Liam stops and freezes as he bends to fill the food bowl. He looks at Sunny. "You’re supposed to be my loving dog *who* protects me. Are you protecting me now?"

Sunny gives Liam a look as if to say 'Get over it' and sets about eating.

Liam pours the food and fills the water bowl and he turns to look into the living room unashamed or affected. "So, how did you get in?"

"Back door was unlocked," Spike says.

Liam hums goes over and indeed the door is unlocked. He sighs and looks over at Sunny. "Go on out girl." Sunny goes out and Liam walks back to his bedroom, throws on a pair of loose blue jeans and a black undershirt, walking out into the living room. "Well, it's daylight outside, so unless I throw you out to die guess you’re stuck here until I can throw you out. So a question-- what the hell are you doing here?"

"Here to discuss the case," Spike says.

"And I took two days off from just that and I'm sure you were told. I wasn't planning to do anything let alone think about you or work. So still kind of confused as to why you’re here."

Spike smiles. "Ok. Have it your way, then. I'm here to seduce you."

Liam rolls his eyes and sits down on the lounger that faces the couch. "Well, too bad for you, then, because, you know, I'm not like that, so you won't get far."

Spike laughs. "Bollocks. Under the right circumstances, almost everybody is *like* that."

Liam snorts, muttering, "Whatever makes you feel better." A few minutes later Sunny comes in and Liam gets up to lock the door and then he comes back, sitting down, picking up a book.

"What book are you reading?" Spike asks.

"A biography on William Wallace--you know the guy they based the movie Braveheart on," Liam replies, but doesn't look up from his book.

"Ah." Spike says, and goes over to Sunny. He gets down on the floor and starts playing with her, tussling and wrestling and petting. She stops periodically to lick his face and he tamely submits to the treatment before going back to play with her.

Liam deftly ignores this for some time before the words start to blur and he can't even concentrate anymore because he is too busy watching Sunny and Spike play. He sighs, tosses the book to the coffee table and leans his head back.

Spike looks up and grins. "You could join us, you know. Sunny would like that, wouldn't you, girl?" Sunny barks and wags her tail.

Liam shakes his head. "No, that dog is a traitor and I don't know her anymore."

At this, Sunny untangles herself from Spike to go over and bat her head against Liam’s. Liam pulls his hand away and crosses them over his chest. Sunny moves again in between Liam’s legs and sets her head in his lap, starting to make little needy sounds. Liam sighs and sits up, petting her head. "Fine, you little manipulative pain in my ass, go on, I'm coming."

Sunny barks happily and moves back to Spike.

Liam moves to the floor and ruffles her fur. "You’re still a traitor."

Sunny barks happily again.

Spike chuckles. "I hadn't had a dog in so long, I had forgotten how much fun they can be. They need you so much. Not like a cat."

Liam nods as he strokes through Sunny's fur. Sunny is panting happily.

"Yeah, she’s my savior most days, when I get really lonely."

Spike looks at Liam. "I can understand that. Probably much easier dealing with her than with other people."

Liam nods and Sunny rolls onto her back. Liam rubs her tummy then starts to swat at her paws playfully. Sunny barks playfully and bats back. Liam smiles hugely and starts growling to rile her up.

Spike smiles. "You do that well...the growling."

"Do I? Guess that’s a compliment from a otherworldly creature, then, if so."

Spike grins. "It is. See?" Spike growls at Sunny playfully.

Liam can't help it, he smiles. "Ok, I'm good, you’re good, we’re all good. But if we start on this tangent, we'll be comparing everything soon."

Spike chuckles. "Oh, on at least *one* thing there's no comparison. You definitely win."

Liam hums, flinging Sunny’s tail at her face. Not thinking, he asks, "What’s that?"

Spike laughs. "Your...shall we be delicate and say... member."

Liam looks at Spike, confused. "Member." Then it hits him. He coughs and turns back to Sunny, muttering, "Oh, that...ok...yeah...thanks...I mean.." He coughs again. "Thanks, I guess."

"Your're quite welcome. And yes, I know I'm a terrible tease. It's part of the package, I guess. Comes with my nature as a Seducer. I certainly wasn't like this in mortal life."

"Is that what you did to me last night. The Seducer thing?" Liam asks.

Spike nods. "The very lowest level of it. Makes you relax, reduces inhibitions."

Liam nods. "Yeah that was...odd. Lose your power that way. A bit creepy."

Spike lowers his eyes. "Yes. Sorry again about that."

Liam shrugs. "It's done. Well, it's all done except for my little reminder." Liam points to his throat where the bite mark is, being very careful not to touch it in front of Spike. The shivers and electric bolts were still firing when he did.

Spike nods, eyes glowing. "Yes. It will fade, in time. Get less sensitive."

Liam jumps and coughs. "Never...never said it was...no. It's good, all not with the sensitive here. Just, you know flawless, and now not. May score me down with the ladies."

Spike nods. "Well, lots of ladies like scars." *And men, too. Especially *this* man. *

Liam chuckles and puts on a woman’s voice. "Oh that’s so hot...what did it? Salad tongs?" Liam laughs and rubs his hand over it, closing his eyes and taking a breath. "It felt weird, you know...but...but at least I won't think these donors are so crazy now." Liam gets up then and looks at Spike, trying to divert from explaining further on that subject, then immediately puts his foot back in his mouth. "Are you thirsty?"

"Sure. A coke would be nice," Spike says, his eyes glittering with amusement.

Liam, without another word, walks into the kitchen. He opens the fridge muttering to himself, "Are you thirsty? Jesus Christ. Should’ve just said, ‘Hey, want me to open a vein? Here, have a straw.’ Stupid idiot."

He gets a coke out of the fridge, grabs a beer for himself and comes back, handing the coke to Spike.

Spike takes a sip of the drink. "Ahhh. Refreshing. But it's not as much fun since they took out the cocaine."

Liam snorts and chuckles, sitting on the couch, spreading his legs comfortably. Sunny walks over and lays down, placing her head on one of Liam’s feet. He opens the beer and takes a sip. "I hope your cat has lots of food. How long you been here?"

Spike nods. "Delilah will be fine. I called a neighbor to go feed her. She likes the neighbor almost better than me anyway."

"Well, I'm sorry." Liam chuckles he looks down at Sunny on his foot. "She loves me. Adores me. Don't you baby? You love Daddy. Yes, you do."

Sunny's tail wags, but other than that no other signs show. But she stays on his foot like a woman possessed. "See, all with the loving of me. Only person to every truly love me. You may call that sad. But she’s loyal and she won't ever leave me for an old rich bastard with no sex drive. Not that I have sex with Sunny. Never mind, you get me."

Spike nods. "Yes, dogs are great that way. But I'm pretty sure Delilah only fawns on the neighbor to make me jealous. It's the way of cats, to get more attention."

Liam tilts his head. "Are you the jealous type, Spike? You’re always so laid back. You don't seem like one."

Spike sighs. "Depends. I haven't had anything or anyone I considered mine for quite a while...with the possible exception of Delilah. But yes, I can be *quite* jealous. How about you?"

Liam whistles. "I'm a monster, that’s how about me. I get hugely, excessively, beyond anything you can imagine jealous. Imagine actual plotting of murders and quiet stalkings of the person that makes me jealous type things here. So like I said a monster. I freak me out—that’s how much."

Spike hmms. "I see. I guess I shouldn't get you jealous, then."

Liam chokes on a sip of beer, and he wheezes. "Excuse me?"

Spike grins evilly. "You heard me. But, of course, there's no chance of that. You've placed no claim on me. You wouldn't care, for example, that I spent last night with someone else."

Liam sits up now, a bit comfortable, and he rubs the back of his neck.

"Well, good then. I mean good, no need to be lonely. But no, of course I wouldn't care, and is there a reason why you keep implying I would?"

"Liam..." Spike chides softly. "Don't be so coy. I felt you react to me at the party."

Liam stands up now and points his beer at Spike, his face getting serious. "I don't find this funny William. So you can stop."

Spike chuckles. "Only people that have slept with me get to call me William."

Liam strides closer and looks down at Spike. "How about shut the hell up Will? Does that work for ya?"

Spike purrs and looks up. "Nice view from here." He looks at Liam's crotch and then back up. "And Will is especially intimate. Only my Sire ever called me Will."

Liam grits his teeth and hisses between them. "Get out."

"It's daylight, remember. Can't."

Liam looks outside and screams, "FUCK ME!" Then he realizes what he said and screams louder. "SHIT! GOD DAMN IT!" He stomps out of the room and back to his bedroom. Slamming the door, he starts to pace, muttering, "Weasel, stupid little undead weasel. Thinks everyone wants him. Thinks he's so fucking hot. Just because has those damn blue eyes that make you drown in them and that body that like literally makes the money noise. Cha-ching...cha-ching...and when he...ARRRGGHHHHHH!!" Liam drops to the bed and buries his face in the cushions repeating, "Don't want him, don't want him."

Spike hears Liam talking to himself in the other room and grins. He stretches, catlike, and purrs. He looks at Sunny. "Your Daddy wants me, yes he does. You okay with that?"

Sunny licks Spikes face twice and barks happily.

Spike pets Sunny. "Good dog. I really love you already. I hope you like cats."

Sunny barks happily again And nuzzles close. Ten minutes pass and Liam’s bedroom door can be heard opening. He walks out, takes one look at Sunny, then looks at Spike. "You know what? Drop your Vampire mojo on my dog. You can't get to me through her."

Sunny tilts her head and gives Spike a 'What he talking about Willis look.'

Spike chuckles. "No vampire mojo on your dog. I really just love her. Animals are great. They don't play games with their affections, and they are honest."

"Uh huh. I'm getting you, vampire. I'm learning your tricks—so, good try, but I'm not biting. As soon as it's dark enough you need to go. Now I'm going to cook dinner so hang with my mojoed dog." Liam walks into the kitchen, getting prepared to cook.

Spike chuckles and pets some more on Sunny. He calls into the kitchen.

"You want to come out with me tonight?"

The sounds of dropping pans can be heard. A minute passes after that, and a slightly but majorly fake disgruntled voice calls back, "Didn't I say you were to go? As in leave me be? So why would I want to go with you when you do?"

Spike laughs. "Because I'm fun to be with. Because you need to get out. Make up any reason you want, just come with me."

"Because I want to dust you and I want to make it seem random? Can I use that one?"

Spike laughs even harder. "Yes, use that one."

"Ok then...you got a date...FUCK..I mean, ok, I'll go," Liam says, slapping his head.

Spike smiles. "Good. We'll need to stop by my place so I can change. Wore my grungy clothes today...which is good, since I am covered in dog hair now."

Liam comes out pointing to the coffee table. "I have a lint brush. And are you hungry?"

Spike grins. "For food? Yes, I'd love some, if you have some extra."

Liam points his spatula at him. "Yes, for food, stop that. And I'm asking so I know to make enough for two. But, ok, I'm just making grilled chicken in my grill-like pan. Also steamed broccoli and wild rice. Sound ok to you?"

Spike hms. "Sounds great. You must let me cook for *you* sometime, too. I'm quite an accomplished cook."

Liam's eyebrow raises. "You are one weird vampire. But ok, whatever."

Liam goes back into the kitchen and starts to prepare dinner.

Spike uses the lint brush and then goes into the kitchen to watch Liam cooking. "Smells good already."

Liam covers the pot where the broccoli is steaming while turning down the now boiling rice. "Thanks, I try."

Spike smiles. "I like watching people cook. Something so...soothing and comforting about cooking."

Liam flips the chicken, sprinkles some spices on it, then re-covers that as well. "Yeah, it lets you just mellow out. I like cooking more than eating."

Spike nods. "You can tell a lot about people by the way they cook."

Liam all of a sudden feels self-conscious. "Can you now?"

Spike chuckles. "Oh, please don't worry about it. I'm not analyzing you, I'm just making conversation."

Liam throws Spike a look that says, 'I wasn't worried Weasel', then he goes back to cooking A few minutes pass and he sets out plates. "Take a seat."

Spike sits down. "Looking forward to dinner."

Liam goes back, turning things off. He pours everything into dishes then sets them on the table, sitting down. "There you go. Dig in."

Spike starts eating, making yummy sounds as he goes. "Really quite good. Nice sear on the chicken breasts, especially."

Liam grins. "Told ya—kick-ass grill pan. Although no one knows about my pan...not even Gunn so you know keep quiet or I kill ya...yadda, freaking, yadda."

Spike chuckles. "I know the drill. You threaten to kill me a lot. Is it because I'm a vampire or is there some other reason?"

Liam pauses mid-chicken bite. "No, no, pretty much because you sucked my blood and I want to kill ya. Eat up." Then he takes a bite, making sure his mouth is really full.

Spike chuckles. "Oh, well, that's a good reason. Want me to get the stake for you now?"

Liam mutters, "I'll give you a stake."

Spike looks him up and down. "Got one handy?" He grins evilly. "A nice, big one?"

Liam chokes on a piece of chicken now. "Ok...ok I deserved that one...I did. I admit it. But enough, eat...be good."

"Yes, Daddy," Spike says. "I'll be good."

Liam closes his eyes and counts backward from ten. When he hits one, he counts back up to ten. Then he opens his eyes and starts to eat quietly, quickly...and he sure as hell doesn't look at Spike because Spike is evil.

Spike eats leisurely, watching Liam. "It's not good to eat so quickly, you know. It can give you indigestion."

"Anything is safer then being so close to you."

Spike laughs. "I'm dangerous, then?"

Liam picks up his beer and nods. "If the shoe fits wear it. I figure you wear some pointy ass shoes."

Spike laughs even harder. "Liam, I swear, you are one of the most interesting people I ever met."

Liam looks confused and thinks *Does nothing faze Mr.Perfect? .Grrr, not perfect...and don't even think the B word or I'm getting a new head.*

"Yeah, thanks."

PART 4

"I want you to remember
A love so full it could send us all ways
I want you to surrender
All my feelings rose today"
–Bush, The Chemicals Between Us

They finish dinner and Liam goes to change clothes.

Liam showers and then changes into a dark blue long-sleeved button-up shirt with a pair of dark blue jeans. He throws on his black boots and puts on a silver watch and silver chain necklace, styles his hair and goes out. "I'm ready."

Spike smiles. "You look fantastic. Wanna go in my car, your car, or each take our own?"

"Thanks, I like my car but you can do what you like, ride with me or go in yours, whatever you wish," Liam says.

"I'll ride with you. That way I get to come back and say goodnight to Sunny before I go home."

Liam nods. They go out in the car after saying bye to Sunny and they leave, heading to Spike’s. They arrive and Liam looks at Spike. "Want me to stay or come in?"

"Come on in. I've got to shower and change and besides you'll get to meet Delilah."

"Ah, yes the cat. This should be fun." Liam gets out and locks the door when Spike gets out. They go up to his apartment and Liam waits for Spike to open the door.

Spike unlocks the door and instantly a furry black and silver ball of furr is rubbing and weaving between Spike's feet, purring and meowing. Spike bends down to pet her. "I love you too, Delilah." The Delilah sees Liam. She looks up at him with big blue eyes and then goes over to rub around his feet.

Liam grins and bends over picking up Delilah. He brings her to his eye level and speaks softly. "Hello Miss Delilah. How are ye, wee lass? So pretty, yes very pretty. My names Liam." Liam rubs his nose against hers. "Pretty kitty, kitty, yes you are."

Delilah purrs and rubs her head against Liam's forehead.

Spike chuckles. "Well, that's it. She's forgotten all about *me*. Got her a new admirer now. I'm going to go shower, make yourself at home."

Liam nods at Spike but whispers in Delilah’s ear as he sits. "Shh, dinna listen. He is a mean jealous man. I will take care of ya, yes I will yes I will."

Delilah purrs some more and rubs against Liam again. She jumps down and starts settling in his lap, turning around and kneading til she gets it exactly how she wants.

Liam grins. "Yeah that’s it. Be a traitor for your Daddy. Show him what it's like-- weasel." But he strokes down her back soothingly, loving the cat already.

Spike comes out of the shower and Liam catches a glimpse of his naked wet body as he goes down the hallway to his room. He emerges a short while later dresses in a raw silk suit, midnight blue, with a white linen shirt that is nearly sheer. "All ready."

Liam swallows and nods. He picks up Delilah, gently whispering in her ear before he sets her down, "Is your Daddy the Devil, sweetheart?" Delilah looks up and meows musically, as if agreeing. Spike chuckles and comes over to pet her a bit before they go. "She can't help it, really... she's a sucker for anyone who will give her attention."

Liam pets behind her ear and stands. "Nah, she just likes me more than you. Own up. Let’s go."

Spike nods and they head out. Getting into the car Spike gives Liam directions, and a short while later they are at a very fancy-looking club. The name above the door says Charite.

"Never been here-- is it nice?" Liam asks.

"Very nice. It is one of my favorite places. Mixed crowd, though, so don't go into any dark corners with strangers." Spike smiles. They head into the club and it is a 40's style supper-club atmosphere, with a dance floor and an orchestra stand, with live music playing. There is a lovely young woman on the stage singing as they walk in. A flamboyantly-dressed man in purple bounds over and grabs Spike into an embrace and kisses him as they walk in. "Spike! It is so good to see you." He looks at Liam.

"And who is your handsome man?"

Liam holds out his hand. "My name is Liam and I'm not his, I'm my own, thank you."

"Well of course you are...big dominant thing like you. But welcome to you both. Spike, it's open mike night. Are you singing?"

Spike grins. "Of course. How could I disappoint my favorite fan?"

"I knew I could count on you." The man turns back to Liam, "Oh, and I forgot to give you my name. I'm Lorne, proprietor of this humble establishment. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Any friend of Spike's is a friend of mine. "

"No problem. Thanks," Liam replies.

Lorne shows them to a table and they sit down. A waitress comes by and plops down two glasses of a red concoction. "Seabreezes, on the house.

Can I get you anything else?"

Liam gives the Seabreeze a scary expression. "Uhmm, two glasses of your best Irish whiskey please."

Spike smiles. "Nothing else for me, thanks." After the waitress leaves, Spike takes a sip of his Seabreeze. "You don't care for them, I take it?"

Liam points to the Seabreeze. "There’s a umbrella in it."

Spike giggles. "I'll drink yours then." He pulls the glass over. He downs most of his glass and says, "Be back in a minute...need to go tell the band what I'm singing and put in for my slot."

Liam signals he heard, but still looks at the Seabreeze like it will grow legs and try to sing him show tunes at any minute-- until the waitress brings his drinks over and he gulps half of one down just to make himself feel better.

Spike comes back and sits down, drinking more of the Seabreeze. "There. I'm up in a few minutes. Lorne adores me so I never have to wait long."

Liam nods. "Yeah, by the looks of the kiss he adores you plenty."

Spike chuckles. "Yeah, well a long time ago I was one of his affairs. For a short while. He stays on affectionate terms. Poor Lorne, always looking for true love." Spike smiles fondly. "But he never gives up hope. I really adore that about him."

Liam just nods and chugs back the rest of his first glass.

A few minutes later Spike slides out of his seat and circles around, emerging onstage to applause after Lorne gives him a brief introduction. He sits down, half-perched, on a tall stool, and sings, looking directly at Liam. His voice is sultry and smoky and as smooth as the whiskey Liam is drinking.

Shadows
Now curtain the moon
But faith swears
It will shine again soon
Shine with love
You've been hiding from me
Your kiss
Has hindered the day
A longing
That won't go away
You just keep knocking
And waking my heart
Like daylight chasing the dark
I can exist being caught by your kiss
Willingly
Or grant you control
Of my body and soul
Ask it and so it shall be
Shadows
Now curtain the moon
Still faith swears
It will shine again soon
Shine with love
You've been hiding from me
With that love
You've been hiding from me
I can exist being caught by your kiss
Willingly
Or grant you control
Of my body and soul
Ask it and so it shall be
Ask it and so it shall be

Liam freezes, his new glass halfway to his lips, as his mind explodes, and it took only four lines of the chorus to do it....'Willingly, or grant you control, of my body and soul, ask it and so it shall be'. And Liam is gone. His cock rises despite his turmoil and he can't peel his eyes away from Spike. It is like keys to a forbidden kingdom…one you secretly want to rule but would never admit to. And he's just been given it as a gift. Oh god, he needs to flee, wants to flee. But...his...damn legs...are...*jello*. So he tears his eyes off Spike finally and wills his erection to subside-- begs it really-- as he stares into his glass as if it has the answers to his bad, evil erection.

Spike smiles inwardly as he sits on the stage, able to pick out that singular aroma out of the crowd, knowing he has pierced through the veil at last and aroused Liam using no vampire wiles at all. Not even touching him. He finishes to a round of applause and leaves the stage, coming back to settle into the chair next to Liam. "How was I?"

Liam murmurs. "Fine, voice very pretty."

Spike smiles. "Thank you. It's not professional-grade, mind you, but it does okay for this supper club. I like to come and sing now and again. It does me a world of good." Spike shifts in his chair and his leg 'accidentally' brushes alongside Liam's.

Liam’s fingers tighten against the glass and Liam keeps speaking softly, not taking his eyes off the melting ice cubes in his glass. Ice cubes nice...demon very bad. "Uh huh. It was nice though. Song...song was good."

Spike looks at Liam. "We don't have to stay long now that I've sung. That's pretty much what I came here for. And you seem....restless."

Liam tips back the rest of his drink, throws money on the table, and hops up-- all in a manner of seconds, speaking fast. "Yeah, good idea. Come on I'll get you to my house so you can get your car and go home."

Spike gets up and follows Liam out of the club, flashing a brilliant smile to Lorne as he does so. Lorne, having heard the song, has some idea of why Spike is leaving so soon, and smiles back. They climb into Liam's car and head back to his house.

Liam drives fast-- even punching threw a few red lights. He gets back to his house in a short time and he parks, getting out. "Ok, so yeah, thanks for coming and not letting me brood. See you the day after tomorrow at work, ok?"

Spike smiles. "Sure. Thanks for coming out with me." Spike heads to his car and gets in, fumbling with something in the front seat. Liam doesn't look back-- just runs to the house, unlocks the door and slams it. He lays his head against it, panting. He bangs his head back against the door and mutters, "Shit." Then he walks to his bedroom, going in and closing the door. He starts to undress-- taking off his shoes, watch and necklace, then starting to unbutton his shirt. As he does so, he can hear the creak of the door opening, and the pad of light footsteps heading inside.

Liam squeezes his eyes shuts and begs the powers above as he whispers, "Sunny, did you learn to open doors?"

Suddenly there is a voice behind him. "No, but I wouldn't put it past her. She's a very smart dog."

Liam shivers and decides to give this his all. "Spike, go home."

Spike leans forward and whispers in Liam's ear, licking the shell of it.

"You don't mean that. I can *tell* that you want me."

Liam jumps back and turns around, his shirt flying to the floor, and he thinks, *Great. Whee. Make it easier for him.*

"Spike, I'm not playing around. Please. For the love of fucking god. You can get anyone and I mean *anyone*. Why are you doing this?"

Spike sighs and reaches up to stroke the side of Liam's face, looking into his eyes. "Because I want you. Just you. Everybody else is just a distraction to try and keep me from thinking how much I want you."

Liam grits his teeth and tries to move his face away from the hand to scream, 'I don't want you, I hate you, you’re a vampire and this is all a mind fuck.' But he can't and he doesn't. He grabs Spike’s arms and pulls him closer, tilting his head and looking deep into his eyes. "You’re going to be ever *so* sorry you did this. You know that, right?"

"Yes. I know. But I can't help it." He lets Liam move him, not using any of his strength to resist.

"Fantastic. Just wanted to be sure." And with that, Liam starts to strip Spike of his clothes until he is naked. He drops his pants and pushes Spike back to the bed. He jumps on top of him, stretching Spike’s arms above his head and swoops in, kissing him hard, devouring his mouth as if his life depended on it.

Spike moans, wriggling just a little against the arms that hold him back and kissing back with everything that he is worth. He pushes his hips up, grinding his hard cock against Liam's.

Liam freezes, but only a fraction, before relaxing again and lowering his hips to rub himself back against Spike. He takes his time, being experimental-- after all, all of this is new to him. He pulls back to breathe but keeps his lips and tongue to Spike’s lips if he isn't kissing-- he is tasting, licking.

Spike smiles inwardly. The analogy of he and Liam as cat and dog isn't perhaps so far fetched after all. He is being tasted and licked on the face now just like Sunny did to him. And Liam, the bigger dog (although in this case not actually the stronger one) has Spike in a submissive position. Spike has taken both roles in relationships, and he has no problem being the bottom to Liam's top. Liam's nature will permit no other outcome, and Spike wants him desperately.

Liam looks at Spike when he pulls back to rub his face along his in between kisses to his cheekbones. "You’re thinking. What are you thinking about?"

Spike smiles. "How I'm a cat and you're a dog... and about how much I want you. Why, am I thinking too much?"

Liam shakes his head and he rubs Spike’s wrists as he tilts his hips down to rub a bit harder. "No, just wondered. Didn't know if after all this pushing if you had decided I was a big scary man. But a dog isn't so bad I guess. Interesting, though, the things you think while having sex."

Spike chuckles. "When this goes a little further, I guarantee you I won't be doing much thinking, only feeling."

"I get you. This." Liam rubs Spike’s wrists then he threads his hands with his. "I like this. I know you can fight me-- trust me, not stupid about that. But you’re not. You’re just letting me. But that song kind of gave me a clue." Liam leans to Spike’s ear, whispering, "Was it a clue *Will*?"

Spike's cock leaps more at the name. "Yes, Liam, yes it was. And that name is perfect. You're the only man I have desired this much since my Sire. You can do anything you want to me. I am yours."

Liam shivers as he whispers, "Oh, hell, yeah." He rocks faster, trailing kisses to Spike’s neck, sucking where the pulsepoint should be.

Spike moans more, stretching out his neck, exposing it. Pre-cum has slicked both their cocks and Spike's cock is throbbing and jerking.

"Liam, I am so close, so close to cumming. Please, will you let me?" He asks meekly and pleadingly, his voice soft and sex-charged.

Liam chuckles, but it is a deep chuckle of pleasure and excitement. He whispers in Spike’s ear, "Cum for me Will, cum for me."

Spike cums explosively, his brain lighting up in excitement, his body arching hard against Liam's, his hands twisting slightly in their confinement.

"Oh, my fucking god, that’s so hot," Liam whispers as he himself cums from just the sight.

Spike lays spent under Liam, breathing unneeded breaths, making little whimpers and moans. "That was...so good. So hot."

When Liam can speak, he mutters from Spike’s neck. "And that wasn't even the *real* way to do this, I know that. Christ—what’s that going to be like?"

Spike nods and says, with assurance, "The most incredible experience you ever have, I hope. I know it was for me, the first time...both ways."

"Should I move? Or can I stay. Or do you have something in mind? And my god I'm already comfortable with this. I need help...god I do."

Spike chuckles. "You can do anything you want. I don't need to breathe or anything so you can stay right where you are and I'll be comfortable. If you want to do something and you want to ask questions or something...go ahead. The only thing I had in mind was getting you to admit you wanted me. Everything else is a perfectly wonderful bonus tonight."

Liam mutters, "Idgit." But he stays laying on Spike. "You’re cool—that’s nice."

Spike smiles. "And you're warm. It's one of the things I like best about humans."

"I'm hot. There’s a big difference."

Spike laughs. "Yes, you are *definitely* hot." He looks up into Liam's eyes. "I love that about you, that confidence. You know I could pulverize you but you've never backed down, not for an instant. You are perfectly secure in your knowledge of your own superiority."

Liam growls playfully. "Yeah, I'm a big brute." He nips at Spike’s throat then, biting a bit harder, licking after each bite.

Spike moans and gasps. "Ohhhhhhhh fuck I love that. So fucking good."

Liam chuckles and moves back to Spike’s face, where he nibbles at his lips, saying between nibbles, "Of...course...you do...you’re...all...grrrr..."

Spike chuckles. "Yes...I...am." He lifts his legs and rubs them up and down Liam's sides.

Liam’s eyes flutter when he falls in between Spike’s legs. He lets his hands go to stroke his hands down his sides to his legs, where he rubs up, then slowly downward, not taking his eyes off him.

Spike's hands, now finally free, move down to stroke Liam's chest, quickly finding and rubbing and tweaking on his nipples.

At Liam's touch, he is quickly growing hard again and he moans. "I love your hands. In 124 years, those are the best hands I've ever felt." Liam hums, shivering a bit at the attention to his nipples. As his hands reach Spike’s ass, he squeezes a cheek in each hand. "Well, they are good hands. Good for lifting, carrying, hurting if necessary."

Spike whimpers and moans as his asscheeks are squeezed. "And touching, and stroking, and holding down... strong, good, just a little rough, big...perfect."

"Like you then?"

"Like me what?" Spike asks, confused.

"Perfect," Liam replies.

Spike moans. "You say the most wonderful things."

Liam tilts his head, smiling as his hands scoot closer inward towards the cleft of Spike’s ass. "Do I?"

Spike smiles. "Yes. I am full of flaws. You, on the other hand, are a near-perfect Michaelangelo-worthy god."

Liam chuckles. "You may be overstating me just a bit now. But you’re certainly not full of too many flaws." Liam rubs his fingers inward and his breath catches as his fingers brush over Spike’s pucker. "Ok, now it's going to start getting a bit new."

Spike nods and gasps. "Yes. We need some sort of lubrication. Do you have anything handy?"

"I'm a straight guy Spike. Well, I was a completely straight guy. I have lotion in the drawer. Is that good? Because this can wait if not."

"Lotion will do fine." Spike reaches over with one long arm and fishes out the lotion with his long fingers, handing it to Liam. "Some straight men keep lube for wanking purposes." He grins.

"No, I'm old fashioned. I keep lotion for wanking purposes—lube, would’ve made me feel...nevermind. So, ok, what now? I put this on me or are there steps to this?" Liam asks as he opens the lotion.

Spike hmms. "You can either loosen and lube me first with lotion-covered fingers or you can lube yourself and then go straight in. I can take it either way. You're big, but even if you tear me I'll heal pretty fast."

Liam tilts his head, contemplating. "All right, there’s so many kinky possibilities there. But I don't know if I can be cruel. I don't know if I can actually let myself hurt you even though I know you can heal."

Spike nods. "It's up to you. I am totally in your hands. I wasn't kidding with the promise to submit to you. With all your threatening to kill me, didn't know if you were the type that wanted to hurt or not. But I've taken it before, I can take it again. I even find a certain amount of pain erotic."

Liam grins and covers his fingers with lotion. "I talk big...it's what I do. I can hurt someone. I swear, in the right situations, if it called for it, I could kill someone. So you better keep me human. But we can try this both your way and mine. I can maybe see the fun in this...play a bit. Then I can give you what you want. I'm guessing that’s what you want anyway."

Spike nods. "Yes, that's what I want. So, please, play." He purrs happily.

Liam smiles softly. "My big kitty." He trails his lotioned fingers back to Spike’s pucker and he starts to move them around it in tiny circles then wider ones, watching Spike’s face.

Spike whimpers and mewls, his hips twitching as he longs to get those fingers in him. He may have played dominance/submission games many times, but he was always eager and needy. His Sire had loved those traits in him, had encouraged them, and they had never left him.

Liam scratches his fingernails over Spike’s pucker, waiting to see what that will do.

Spike hisses and stretches, cat-like. He wraps his arms around Liam's neck and starts stroking onto Liam's back.

"Well, that was a good reaction. Trial and error seem to working well for me...lets see what else we can try," Liam says as he slowly starts to push a finger inside Spike, ever so carefully and slowly.

Spike moans as the finger enters him. "Yessssss," he breathes out.

"Oh, that’s...wow...ok...wow." Liam breathes out as he watches his finger get sucked inside of Spike’s body. He starts to move it back and forth then side to side, just naturally figuring if you have to stretch then it means you have to move the finger.

Spike moans some more, nodding. "Yes, that's good. Very good." His fingernails scrape lightly over the skin of Liam's upper back.

Liam closes his eyes. Spike’s fingers on his back are driving him a good kind of crazy. He takes a few breaths, then he presses a second finger to his hole and starts to sink it inside.

Spike moans and nods again. "You might...scissor them a bit."

Liam nods and parts and brings back his fingers as if he is doing a scissoring motion then he twists them a bit and pushes deeper. "Like that?"

Spike nods and cries out and gasps and arches against Liam. "Yes. And you just hit the prostate. That's what made me make the noises."

"Where?" Liam asks, just as his fingers brush against a soft spongy nub inside Spike.

Spike arches again. "There! Right there!"

Liam grins and keeps brushing his fingers very lightly back and forth. "I think I like the prostate."

Spike groans and keeps stiffening and arching as Liam's abuses his prostate. "Oh, yesssss. Like a little control button you can use to make me into a little squirming whore for you."

Liam’s eyes dilate and his cock twitches hard against his stomach. He swallows and his fingers slow with his brain going to some kind of word pleasure overload. His face probably looks like the very epitome of horny bastard right now.

Spike smiles. "Ohhhhh, you like that word. Whore. As in, I am your sweet dirty little blue-eyed whore." His voice is liquid sex now.

Liam clenches his eyes shut, removing his fingers, moving, lining himself up, and he whispers, his voice barely controlled, "Again."

Spike says again, his voice even more like slow dripping honey, "I am your sweet dirty little blue-eyed whore."

Liam shudders hard, then he pushes forward now, smooth and fast. He sinks into Spike deeply and he freezes. His eyes pop open, his face in awed wonderment, as he wheezes out on a shaky breath, "Oh yesssss fuccckiiinnnggg Chrissttt!!"

Spike groans and pulls himself tightly against Liam as he sinks in.

"Bloody hell YES! So fucking big, damn. Never had a monster like you in me before. I'm fucking impaled. It feels so good."

Liam pants hard as he pulls back so slowly, almost afraid if he moves faster he will cum already-- it's that good. "Fuck Spike. God damn it. Oh god... you’re gripping me so hard, like a vise. Fuck it. Feels so damn good. I never thought, dreamed. God, oh god."

Spike trembles, wanting to push back but afraid it will make Liam cum, and he wants this to last a little while longer. So he just shakes and scrapes his nails harder into Liam’s back. "Yes, fucking christ, yes, my handsome man."

Liam whimpers and pushes back inside once he pulls out some. "Oh, Will, say it again. Tell me you’re my whore. Say if for me again. God I love it-- I do."

Spike moans, "I'm your needy little wanton whore, who just wants to be taken."

"Oh FUCK..." Liam screams as he starts to move harder. The words and the feel are just too god damn much, too good. He grips Spike’s cock and he starts to stroke it as he would stroke himself.

Spike starts to gasp and cry out. "Can't...can't take much more. Please tell me when I can cum, please."

Liam's pumps get erratic and he whispers, "Now, now, Spike, cum with me now." Then he cums hard, spilling into Spike, his warm seed filling and warming Spike’s insides.

Spike cums again, convulsing and jerking against Liam, spraying onto their stomachs. Then he collapses and quivers, Liam's softening cock still filling him.

Liam pulls from Spike gently, then he lays down beside him, looking up at the ceiling as he pants, his hand over his heart. "Jesus Christ."

Spike smiles, sighing happily. "I take it you enjoyed the experience?"

Liam weakly raises his hand. "When I find a positive word big enough to express just how much, I'll let you know. But for now we will use fucking yes. Your words though-- that was definitely a plus. Jesus, what kind of person calls themselves that?"

Spike shrugs. "It's a word. I lived in the Victorian age originally, you know, and by Victorian standards I *am* a whore. The word has definite meaning for me, aside from being hot as hell."

"Yeah, it has meaning now for sure." Liam wipes the sweat off his brow.

"Damn...god. I just can't say that enough."

Spike nods. "Yes, I can see that. I'm only too glad to say it for you. Any other words you like? Do you like to be called Master, or Daddy?"

Liam slaps his hand over Spike’s mouth, taking in a big breath as his cock twitches back to life instantly. "Don't speak. Don't even think about speaking."

Spike nods, but out of sheer wickedness licks the hand that is clamped over his mouth.

Liam jumps, removes his hand, and he rolls on top of Spike. "Why are you so wicked? You know I like Daddy. You listen to me say it to Sunny. It's like you want me to crack."

Spike smiles. "Vampire here. Of course I'm wicked. A mild, kinky sort of wicked but wicked nevertheless."

Liam smiles huge and chuckles, rolling back off to the side.

Spike laughs too, and then sobers a bit. "I apologize in advance for my extremes of behavior. It's part and parcel of what I am. My boundaries aren't set the way a human's are. My sensations are much more intense and so are my passions. I'm a Seducer, and I live and breathe by my passions. They are both my power and my curse."

"I'm not upset Spike. It's nice and refreshing. It's a good change." Liam looks around them and grins. "As many things with me are lately."

Spike rolls over and rests his head on Liam's chest, stroking a hand idly over his abs. "Mmmm. Glad. *Very* glad I knew the right song to tell you my feelings."

Liam rolls onto his side more to cradle Spike’s head. "Yeah that was brave."

Spike hmmms. "More desperate than anything. I've been going crazy trying to distract myself from you, and it hasn't been working."

Liam hums. "Crazy huh? What kind of crazy? And if you tell me those random acts of sleeping around you might want to spare me. I might get stalker type even now."

Spike nods. "Yes, I tried alternative company to try to distract myself. But no need to name them. You are the jealous type, I take it?" He grins.

"Insanely so, yes, I admit, ok. I get big and bad and evil and nasty it is not pretty." Liam says.

"Good to know. So no more sleeping with my donors for me." Spike grins.

Liam runs his hand through Spike’s hair. "For now at least, until we figure out what the hell is going on. Well, I mean, until I do. Do you mind? I mean I was having nothing but one night stands anyway that are and have been so sporadic it's almost troublesome."

Spike smiles fondly. "No, I don't mind. I normally do it so I have warmth and human contact. But if I am involved with you, I will be having those needs fulfilled already. So until you are sure...I'll behave. And then we'll go from there."

Liam nods. "All right then. Good. So what would you like to do now? Sleep, or talk, or something else? We have a whole nother day off."

Spike chuckles evilly. "The correct answer, of course, is 'something else'. But I suspect you want to sleep now."

Liam smiles. "It took a lot out of me and I've had a long day. We have all tomorrow, though, I promise. As long as I don't wake up screaming we should be good."

"Screaming?" Spike asks.

"You know in regret or anything. I was *completely* straight Will. And you somehow slipped past the radar."

Spike nods. "Ah, yes. I understand. I'm a terrible corrupting influence, I know. So...do you like to cuddle with a lover when you sleep, or do you prefer not to be touched?"

Liam turns to Spike and pulls him back against him, throwing his arm over him, holding tightly. "Well, see, I'm a extreme of that as well. I cling, like badly. I don’t like letting good things go."

Spike wiggles just a bit, getting comfortable. "Good. I like being held. Makes me feel secure."

Liam pulls the covers over them. "Well then, this works nicely. Get some sleep."

Spike relaxes, purring, and drifts slowly off to sleep. *I'm owned again,* He thinks happily.

Liam falls asleep closely behind, his arms tightening around Spike’s waist as he drifts off.

END PART 4