Title: Sunnydale Evolution

Author: Kate R.

Disclaimer: own nothing and no one used herein.

Rating: PG-13 to R I suppose just to cover all bases

Pairings: Giles/Ethan, Xander/Spike, Wes/Angel

Summary: X-Men Evolution meets Sunnydale when Logan comes home with someone from a Lab

 

Sunnydale Evolution
by Kate R.


Prologue: The Evolution of Chaos

"I found him in a lab Chuck," he heard as he started to wake up. "They were doing things to him like they did to me. I couldn't in good conscious leave him there so I brought him with me. He was insentient most of the trip, which is why I sent for Hank and the jet. I had to get him here fast. Something is happening to him."

"Yes, I can see that.....Logan, Look Out!"

"No!" He yelled as he sensed what was about to hit the two people who were talking over him. He felt himself rise on a tide of Chaos and he grabbed it and held it. He opened his eyes and realized his senses had heightened again.

"Dammit," he muttered. He released the age spell while he focused on the wave of power that was heading for the two people. "Abate!" He said as he shaped it. "Retreat. Calm. Not an attack. They aren't trying to hurt me."

The power seemed to turn back to him, the two people were thinking. Dammit, he could hear thoughts again. Blast it; this was Ripper's bag. That meant the bond was back.

"Cease," he said again. He was weakening. Sill very weak and sick from his incarceration. "Cease and abate. Return to me."

Finally the wave abated and the power flowed back to him.

"Sorry," he said as he felt himself collapsing. "The Power of Chaos does that when I'm threatened severely. I.....actually, where the hell am I?"

His body hit the bed and the room seemed to get distant.

"You're at my school outside Bay View, New York. My name is Charles Xavier. This is Logan. He rescued you from the complex where you were being held."

"Oh, thank you," Ethan said as he felt himself blacking out. "My name's Ethan. Ethan Rayne."

"Ethan, why are you getting younger?" he heard.

"Spell's wearing off," Ethan said weakly. "No longer needed I guess. Tell you more when I wake up."

He blacked out again feeling safe. His wards had released which meant he was in no danger here. Good.

 

 

Chapter 1: First Day Of School

Kitty was watching Ethan as he finished his morning routine. He trained with a myriad of weapons in the morning but the only one always with him was the collapsible staff.

"Yes, Kitty?" he asked as he looked at his targets.

"Can I get a ride to school with you today?" she asked.

"Avoiding Jean?" he returned with a slight smile. "Regardless the answer is yes, if you like. You have to wear a jacket and a helmet. No bitching about your hair. Go, get ready. I'll be ready in fifteen minutes."

Kitty headed into the house and Ethan followed. He jogged up to his room and changed. Coming back down he ignored Scott and the angry look. Scott had just found out Ethan had changed his schedule. Tough Shit. Ethan wanted his own classes when he wanted to take them and at the best times of the day for him to take them. He did not want Scott cheating off his answers anymore. Him or Jean.

"Lets go, Kitty," Ethan called. She came down and he tossed her his spare helmet. His leather jacket slid onto his shoulders and as he started the bike he wondered where the one he used to ride with was and how he was.

He missed Ripper, far more than he could ever say.

In another house in town, another group were getting ready for their first day at Bay View High

"Dawn! Let's Go!" a British voice called.

"Coming Ripper," the girl's voice yelled back.

Xander came in next in jeans and a t-shirt. He grabbed his book bag as Wesley came down the steps followed by the aforementioned Dawn. Wesley was the one who looked the oldest even though technically Ripper ahd more years. He'd been shocked when the spell had released. It meant Ethan no longer needed it. Now, they were here. Ripper could not say for sure what ahd brought him here but here they were and here they needed to be. He went out and got on his motorcycle, which was in the driveway. He was the only one who could drive of those who looked like teenagers. He got onto his motorcycle and started it. Wesley was driving Xander and Dawn but Ripper drove himself. Wesley knew and understood that. It was simply how Ripper was.

They had registered and everything last week so Ripper had a cigarette before he went on to school property. He was heading towards the door when he heard someone yell.

"Ethan! Hurry up!"

Ripper turned to see if he needed to move when someone collided with him.

"OOOF!" he grunted as they both hit the ground.

"Sorry, I didn't see---Ripper?"

Ripper found himself staring up into the eyes of the one he'd been looking for since the spell released.

"Ethan?!"

"Uhm---hi?" he asked as he was suddenly pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"I've been looking everywhere for you, mate," Ripper said. "This must be why I felt pulled here."

"Whoops," Ethan said as he realized All of his gifts had been upped. "Sorry about that. Didn't realize it would call you.

"Ethan lets go. I want your schedule changed back so it mirrors mine!" The voice called again.

"For the last time, Scott," Ethan said as Ripper turned to look at the voice. "The answer is NO. I set my schedule up the way I want it.Live with it. Logan knows, the professor knows and they said it was fine. Now, excuse me, I have history in ten minutes."

"Hey," Ripper said. "Me too."

As they headed into the school they compared schedules and it turned out their schedules were perfect copies. They were in all the same classes and had breaks together.

"Hell raiser?" Ripper asked. Ethan grinned as they made their way into the room.

"Oh, yeah. This year is going to be fun," the teen known to the X-men as Chaos Lord said. Ripper grinned as they headed in and sat together. Ethan was with him. Things were going to get very interesting this year for sure.

 

 

 

END PART 1

abelard950@aol.com