Spooking Spike

by Zadi

DISCLAIMER: None of these wonderful characters belong to me - unfortunately. They belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and a bunch of other suit-types I don't know. Joss, I promise to return the boys to you when I'm finished playing with them.

RATING: NC-17 (don't ya just love smut?)

ARCHIVE: If you want it, knock yourself out! Just let me know where it's going.

CATEGORY: Spike/Xander

SUMMARY: This is in response to the Starcrossed Spooky Halloween Contest in 2001. It's PWP and AU. Spike is chipless, but still a good guy.

SPOILERS: BtVS, after season 5. Xander is now 30 years old. Tara never died. Sunnydale didn't blow up.

FEEDBACK: Yes, please!!! zadislash@comcast.net (please don't make me beg . . . it's so undignified!)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Because one or more of the characters in this work of fiction is a vampire, they are immune from the effects of HIV and STDs. If you are sexually active (like, duh!), please play safely. I want you all around to read my stuff.

ANOTHER AUTHOR'S NOTE:
*Indicates a character's thoughts or silent monologue.*
ALL CAPS indicates emphasis on that word or phrase.
* * * * * indicates a passage of time.



Spooking Spike
by Zadi


Spike sits on the sofa, remote in one hand, mug of O negative in the other. His thumb is firmly positioned on the button that changes the channels.

"Stupid bleedin' satellite dish," the blonde vampire mutters, and then takes a sip of blood. "Three hundred effin' channels, and still not a damn thing worth watching." He pushes the 'Off' button and throws the remote on the coffee table. He drains the mug, and places it on the table alongside the remote. After a moment, he stands and saunters to the front door. He opens it just as a group of children scream out, "Trick or treat!" and thrust their plastic pumpkins toward him.

Spike glares at the children for a moment, taking in their costumes. A princess. A frog. A clown. A butterfly. And a cowboy. He sighs, turns his head to the side and yells, "Pet, you got some bleedin' children at your door."

"Why is it always 'my' door when you don't wanna be bothered? There's candy in a bowl on the table by the front door!"

The blonde spots the bowl. "And?"

Xander peeks out the bedroom door. "Oh come on, Spike. You know the drill. Just give 'em some candy and they'll go away." Just as quickly, Xander closes the bedroom door.

Spike sighs, and turns back toward the children. "I guess you brats want some candy, huh?"

The children nod, but it's the cowboy who speaks. "Come on mister, we ain't got all night!"

"Tell ya what, mate," Spike says, squatting down so he can look the brave cowboy in his eyes. "How 'bout if I show you a trick instead?"

The princess jumps up and down excitedly. "Yeah, I wanna see a trick!" She grabs the fringe on the bottom of the cowboy's vest. "Please Micah, can we see a trick! Please?"

The cowboy sighs, and looks down at the princess. "Okay Sarah." He looks back to Spike. "Well? We're waiting?"

Spike turns around and morphs into his demon visage. He quickly turns back toward the children and shouts, "Boo!" The children scream and scatter, save for the princess. Her eyes are as large as saucers as she looks at Spike. He looks at her quizzically. "You're not afraid of me, little princess?" The little girl shakes her head. Spike stands and laughs. He picks up the bowl of candy on the table and dumps the entire contents into the plastic pumpkin the princess holds. She looks down into the now candy-filled container, and then back up to Spike. Spike winks at her.

"You're funny, mister," she says, then quickly kisses the blonde's cheek. She turns and starts to run toward her friends, but then stops and runs back towards Spike. "Thank you," she says as she curtsies.

Spike taps the little princess on the nose. "You're welcome, love." He stands. "Now off with your friends, then."

The little girl turns and runs to her friends, excitedly telling them about the nice vampire who gave her all his candy. Spike steps out on the porch and watches the children, making sure they make it to the end of the street safely. After all, this is Sunnydale and it is Halloween.

Once the children have turned the corner, Spike closes the door with a sigh. He sits on the sofa, picks up the remote, and once again begins channel surfing. He finally finds an obscure station playing the original Halloween movie, so the blonde vampire sits back to enjoy the shenanigans of Michael Myers and Jamie Lee Curtis.

In their bedroom, Xander completes his preparations for the night's festivities. It had taken the promise of endless shagging and hot chocolate (with miniature marshmallows and blood, of course) to persuade his lover to attend the Halloween party at the Magic Box. He hadn't tried his luck trying to convince Spike to wear a costume, however. If push came to shove, the blonde could always vamp out.

Spraying the finishing touches into this hair, Xander steps back to admire his work in the bathroom mirror. "Not too shabby, Harris," he mutters. He flicks the light off, collects the last piece of his costume from atop the bed, and dons it. Quietly opening the door, he peers out to see Spike absorbed in a movie.

"Vamp hearing, pet," Spike says, not taking his eyes off the television.

"Damn."

"'Bout time you finished, Xan," Spike says as he picks up the remote and turns off the television. "We're gonna be late, and you know how Rupe gets when we're late." Spike stands and turns to look at his lover. And his jaw drops. Standing before him is . . . himself. Complete with black jeans, black docs, black t-shirt, and black duster. And vamp face.

Xander holds his arms out to his side and spins. "You like?" As he turns back around to Spike, Xander sees a solitary tear fall down the vampire's cheek. "Spike? What's wrong?" Xander rushes around the sofa and takes his lover in his arms, pulling the shaking blonde close to his body. Sobs wrack the vampire's body as he wraps his own arms around Xander's waist. "Sshhh, sshhh baby," Xander coos as he rocks his lover's body gently. "It's okay, I'm here." He maneuvers their bodies around and pulls Spike down on the sofa with him.

Spike pulls slightly away from Xander's body, looking closely at the brunette. Tentatively, he touches the ridges above Xander's eyes, and traces them down to his lover's lips. "It looks so . . . so real."

Xander smiles. "Yeah, isn't it great? I had Molly at the community theatre show me how to do it." He pulls Spike into his lap. "Tell me what's wrong, Spike. Why are you crying?"

A shiver runs down the blonde's spine. "I thought . . . I thought . . ."

"You thought what?"

Tears again fall from eyes the color of a clear summer sky. "I thought you'd been turned."

A wave of shock runs through Xander's body. "It's just a costume!"

Spike extricates himself from his lover's clutches and stands. "I thought you'd been turned."

Over the course of their tumultuous relationship, the topic of Spike turning Xander had been discussed numerous times. Both men had decided that, yes, the time would come when this would happen. However, it was a topic that Spike refused to discuss at length.

Seeing the pain in his mate's eyes, Xander also stands. "Spike, we've talked about this." He holds his hand out to take Spike's, but the blonde turns away. "Why does this freak you out so? I mean, for fuck's sake, Spike, you're a vampire!"

"That's EXACTLY why I don't want you to be turned!"

"Huh?"

"I don't want you to be turned into a bleedin' vampire!" Spike screams, running into the bedroom and locking the door behind him.

After spending fifteen minutes pounding on the bedroom door, trying to convince Spike to talk to him, an exasperated Xander slams the front door to their apartment and goes to the Magic Box Halloween Party alone.

* * * * *

"So he just started crying?" Willow asks, concern evident in her voice. She sits next to Xander, Tara on the other side. The witches each have one of Xander's hands in their own.

"Yeah," Xander responds, nodding his head. "It gave me the wiggins. I mean, I've never seen Spike cry . . . well, except for that one time when they cancelled Passions."

"Did . . . did you a-a-ask him what was wrong?" Tara asks, immediately blushing. "I m-mean . . . d-did you talk to him a-about it?"

Xander stands and begins pacing. Music from the stereo blasts out, singers extolling the virtues of a man with impeccable taste in clothing. "I tried to, Tara. But he just kind of freaked."

"Xanny, what did he say?" his redheaded friend asks.

Xander stops pacing, his back turned to the girls. After a moment of silence, he says quietly, almost in a whisper, "He said he doesn't want me to be turned."

Willow's lips form an 'O' but no sounds escapes. She looks at her girlfriend, who is also silent. "But I thought you guys had decided he would turn you after your thirtieth birthday?" she finally says.

Xander turns to face the girls. "What am I gonna do, Wills?"

* * * * *

Spike also paces, but his nervous movement takes place in the living room of the apartment that he and Xander share. A half empty bottle of Jack Daniels sits on the coffee table, and the Sex Pistols are blaring through the speakers of the stereo.

"Bloody stupid git," Spike whispers as he paces back and forth. "Doesn't know just how bleedin' good he's got it, does he?" He takes a final drag out of the cigarette in his mouth and then crushes it in with the others in the overflowing ashtray on the coffee table.

"Why don't you tell me then?"

Spike whirls around to see Xander standing in the doorway. The brunette still wears the costume he left in, save for the make-up and spray hair color. He closes the door and walks slowly to the blonde vampire.

"Tell me, Spike. I want to understand."

They sit on the sofa. After an awkward moment, Spike says, "I love you, Xan. More than I've ever loved anyone."

Xander smiles. "I know Spike. I love you too."

"Then why do you want me to turn you? Why do you want to go through that hell?" Tears form in Spikes eyes, pooling but refusing to fall.

Xander leans in and kisses Spike. "Because I love you. I want to spend eternity with you."

A sob escapes from Spike and the tears finally flow. "I can't pet, I can't."

Running his hands down the pale skin of his lover's arms, Xander softly whisper, "Sure you can, Spike. No more chip. Remember?"

"That's not it."

Confused, Xander asks, "Then what, Spike? Why won't you turn me?"

"BECAUSE I love you," Spike replies, mimicking his lover's earlier words.

The two sit, neither able to look at the other. It is Spike who finally breaks the silence.

"Pet, being a vampire is hell. Being turned is even worse. I don't want you to have to go through that."

"I don't care, Spike!" Xander says, standing and pacing around the living room. "We've discussed this before, and we both decided that you would turn me when I turned thirty." He stops and faces the vampire. "I turn thirty next week."

"I know."

"Well?"

"I changed me mind," Spike says stubbornly.

"You changed your mind? You CHANGED your mind?" Xander laughs maniacally, his face turning red as his anger grows. "What the fuck gives you the right to change your mind? What about what I want, Spike? What about that? Don't I get a say in what my future holds?"

"Xander . . . pet . . ."

"No," Xander says firmly, his resolution strong. "You will not do this to me, Spike. Don't you understand? I want to be with you. Forever. And if that means that I have to be a vampire for that to happen, then so be it."

Realizing that his lover is deadly serious, Spike stands and pulls Xander into his embrace. "Are you sure, Xan? I mean, are you absolutely, positively, no doubt about it sure?"

Xander sighs. "Yes Spike, I am."

Without warning, Spike's demon emerges, his face sharp and angular with ridges, his eyes a golden yellow. "Is this what you want Xander?" he hisses.

Not flinching or even blinking, Xander presses a kiss onto Spike's lips. "Yes."

As quickly as before, Spike's human emerges. He pulls his lover into his body, holding him tightly. "Gods, Xander, I love you so much."

"I know."

"I didn't know you wanted this so badly."

Xander's hands roam over Spike's body, finally resting on slim hips. "How could you not know, Spike?"

Xander leads Spike to their bedroom, never releasing his hold on the blonde's body. He pushes the vampire onto the bed, and proceeds to undress himself slowly. First the tight t-shirt comes over his head, mussing his brown locks, and revealing tightly toned and tanned muscles. He bends down and unlaces the boots, toes them off, and then the socks.

Spike takes a completely unnecessary breath. "You are so fucking beautiful, Xan."

"Sssshhhh," Xander hisses, his index finger pressed against his lover's lips. A strong hand snakes down a muscular torso, coming to rest on the top button of the black jeans. Deftly, Xander pops the button open, and then the others, and pulls the denim open, revealing white skin, untouched by the sun. He pushes the fabric down over his hips, past the dark curls of his groin, past the erect cock that springs forth and juts out. He pushes the fabric further down, past his knees, down to his ankles, and then steps out of the jeans, kicking them aside.

"Holy shit," Spike mumbles. "Are you trying to seduce me, Mr. Harris?"

Smiling, Xander lets a hand slide down his torso again, this time resting on the hard flesh below. He strokes himself, never releasing his gaze from that of his lover's. Spike reaches out to touch him, but the mortal pushes the pale hands away.

"Uh uh uh," he taunts, falling to his knees. "You can look, but you can't touch, Spikey." Xander continues caressing his own flesh, teasing the vampire with each tug and pinch. "See what you're gonna miss if you don't turn me."

Spike's eyes narrow. "Oi, not fair, love," he pouts.

Xander shakes his head slightly. "Nothing's fair in love and death, Spike."

Spike cocks his head, but his eyes never stray from Xander's. "Isn't that supposed to be love and war?"

Xander moves his hands onto the body of his lover, resting them at the neck of the t-shirt Spike wears. In a sudden and quick move, he rips the shirt in two. Forcefully pushing the blonde down onto the bed so that he's lying flat, Xander unbuttons his lover's jeans and removes them just as quickly.

"You like this?" Xander asks, voice filled with desire. Spike nods his head emphatically. "You want me to make you feel good, Spike?" Again, Spike nods. "Tell me what you want, baby."

Spike's hand is instantly on Xander's erection, cool skin against hot, tugging. "I want this."

Pushing Spike's legs apart, Xander moves in. "Not so fast, lover." His fingers push apart the fleshy cheeks of Spike's ass, exposing the puckered and pink entrance. Xander leans in and blows cool air across the rosette, causing Spike buck his hips up slightly. A quick flick of the tongue across the entrance, and Spike is moaning. Xander licks the hole, teasing it open. He forces his tongue in further in, pushing the muscle into the most intimate place of Spike's body.

"Holyshitmotherfuckerthatfeelssogoodfuckmerunningdon'teverstop!" Spike screams out. Xander pushes in further, stretching his lover's entrance slowly and expertly. Soon, his tongue is deep inside Spike's body, brushing against the vampire's prostate, causing the vampire to quiver in delight.

Xander is blowing cool air across the puckered entrance again, his hand looking for something under the bed. He finds the small bottle, and opens it quickly with one hand. He pours a small amount of the fluid into his other hand, then dips his fingers in it, using the remainder to stroke his blood engorged cock.

The brown-eyed man slowly inserts a lube-slicked finger into Spike's body. He pulls it out and pushes it back in, then adds a second finger. He finger-fucks the blue-eyed vampire with two fingers for several moments, and then inserts a third finger. The muscles of Spike's lower rectum squeeze around Xander's fingers.

"Gods, Xan," the vampire hisses. "You'd better fucking fuck me soon." He pushes down on the fingers. "I don't think I can take much more of this!"

Xander pushes his lover's body back, sliding him further up the bed. "Good," he whispers in a delicate ear. "I don't think I can take not being inside you for much longer."

Positioning his hard member, Xander slowly slides inside his lover's body, all the while staring intently into lust-filled azure eyes flecked with gold. The cool walls of Spike's body sheath him, sending shivers down the mortal's back. "Oh gods, Spike, feels so good," he mumbles, leaning into nuzzle the blonde vampire's neck.

"Yeah, pet," Spike answers. "Feels so good." He hisses as Xander pushes in deeper, thick cock filling the tight chasm, pressing against the sweet spot, the spot Xander knows so well.

Xander immediately stops pushing in, concern covering his face. "You okay, Spike?"

Spike, unable to speak, his mind filled only with lust and desire for his lover's touch, simply nods. He squeezes his muscles around Xander's cock, causing the brunette's eyes to widen.

"You keep that up Blondie, and this is gonna be over fast."

"Need you, Xan," Spike replies in hushed tones, his face shimmering between human and demon visage. "Not about making love right now. About claiming me. About need. Desire."

Slowly at first, Xander begins thrusting again. Pulling out till just the head of his cock is inside Spike's body, then pushing in, the shaft once again claiming the vampire. Sweat beads up on the human's forehead, dropping onto the vampire's cool skin. The sensation feels like fire to Spike.

"Come on, pet," Spike says, voice raspy and breathy. "Fuck me!" He squeezes again.

With no thought other than wanting to own the vampire beneath him for all time, Xander begins thrusting with abandon and force. His thighs slap against Spike's body as his massive cock impales the alabaster skin. He fucks his lover hard, bruising the pale skin and tearing Spike's inner walls. The scent of his own blood and Xander's arousal surrounding him, Spike finally loses control and morphs into the demon that is over a century old.

"Love you . . . need . . . you . . . you're so beautiful," Xander says between breaths.

"Mine," Spike growls as his body succumbs to the millions of sensations, cool fluid spurting from his untouched cock, splattering onto his and Xander's bodies.

"Mine!" Xander shouts as his own release arrives. He thrusts one last time, his hot seed filling the cool body below him, his own body tensing. As the last of his semen is released, he collapses on his lover's body. Slender pale arms curl around his waist, pulling him in tight.

"I love you, Xander," Spike whispers. "I love you so much it hurts. I don't ever want to lose you."

Xander rolls on his side, pulling Spike on top of him. He gazes into blue eyes, sees the love and pain. He kisses Spike softly, tenderly. "Then turn me." Silence. "Now."

Spike morphs again and his mouth descends to Xander's neck, fangs piercing the tanned skin, hot blood splashing down his throat. He drinks and drinks, hearing his mate's heartbeat slow until, finally, it is so faint that a human would be considered dead. He then pierces the skin of his wrist and places it gently on Xander's lips.

"Drink." The blood pools on the cooling lips for a moment until Spike feels a gentle sucking pressure. He gently raises Xander's head. "That's right, my love. Drink."

* * * * *

Xander slowly awakens. His world is dark. He opens his eyes and finds that he is in now own bed, covered with a warm comforter. Soft candlelight fills the room, and Xander is aware of the sounds of music. Soft, classical music. He sits up in bed, his body suddenly aching with hunger. Confused, he looks around the room. His lover sits on a chair in a corner, staring intently at him.

"Spike?"

Spike stands and walks toward his lover and Childe. He sits on the side of the bed and takes Xander's hands in his own. "Welcome back, my love." His kisses first one palm, and then the other. When he looks up into Xander's eyes, a single tear falls down his cheek. "You must be hungry." He tilts his head to the side, inviting his Xander to drink.

"Yes, Sire. Hungry." And the vampire Xander drinks.



The End