Title: Sons of Darkness

Author: Kate R.

Disclaimer: not mine and never will be.

abelard950@aol.com

Rating: PG-13 to R (Slash)

Pairings: Giles/Ethan, Xander/Spike, Angelus/Wesley

Summary: Father of blood, mother of magic, 2 boys lost in time, called to save their father.



Sons Of Darkness
By Kate R.


Dreams were funny things. You could see anything in the. Like say…Things you'd been made to forget for your own protection. And Xander and Wesley were now seeing things they knew they had forgotten.

"Daddy!" Xander heard his little boy self cry seeing the tall man who came into the room they were staying in. The man smiled as he removed the long cloak he wore. He set his cane down against the table and then dropped down to one knee so he was on their level. Xander ran to him, his twin doing the same thing, and the man hugged them both tightly. They knew Daddy was sad because he couldn't be with mommy. They knew it hurt him badly and it made mommy sad but they loved him anyway. He was daddy and he took care of them. He made sure they had money and he never said where he got it, just that it did not come from his father. They knew though, that daddy was a good artist so maybe he sold some of his work? Maybe that was it? Course, he was also a pirate when he wanted to be. A sailor yes, but also a pirate. Daddy had things he hid from his family but not from them. Nope, he and Wes knew everything about daddy.

the most important thing they knew about him though, was that he loved them. Daddy would do anything for them. Even die for them.

Xander watched his little self sit and tell daddy all about the book Wes read to him. Wes was smart. Wes could already read.

Xander was watching Wes get his hug too when the door suddenly exploded open. Daddy moved, he swung up and around to face whatever it was and Xander, the now Xander, knew it was a vampire. But it didn't have ridges…

"Hide!" Daddy barked at them. Wes grabbed Xander and they hid in their room. They heard crashes and thuds and then it was quiet so the boys peeked out. They made their way out to where daddy had been and froze. Daddy was lying on the floor…he was bleeding badly from a neck wound. Mommy came in then ands creamed. She gathered them both to her and held them tightly as she stroked Daddy's hair.

"Daddy will wake up soon," she told Wes when he asked if Daddy was sleeping. She took care of him and then, when he did wake up, as promised but different, he told mommy she had to hide them. The attack was meant for them.

Mommy had. Mommy had hidden them where no one knew about them. Mommy had…

And Xander had a sudden image of Wesley Wyndham-Pryce and he suddenly knew who the other dreamer was.

"Children," a voice spoke into their dreams and they aw an image of the present and Daddy and daddy looked so sick. 'Help your father, ma Cher Garcons. Help your father."

And the dream ended and they woke up. Falling out of their chairs in the library. They looked at each other then.

"Alex?" Wesley asked.

"Wes?" he returned. AND they hugged tightly before the message became clear.

"Go pack," Wes said. 'I can drive."

And Xander nodded and ran home to pack a bag. They had to go to Daddy now.

They had to go home.



END PROLOGUE