Title: Ripper Resurrected

Author: Kate R

Challenge Response to Pyro. I've begun it, see?

Disclaimer: They belong to Joss, take it up with him.

Title: Ripper Resurrected

Author: Kate R.

Rating: PG-13 to R I think.

Pairings: Giles (Rip)/Ethan, Xander/Spike, Angel/Wes

Summary: Willow wants Giles to see things from a younger person's point of view. Whoops.

 

Ripper Resurrected
by Kate R

Prologue: Awake As Ripper

Xander walked in to the library Tuesday morning looking for Giles. It was Thanksgiving Break and classes didn't start again until the next week but Xander wanted to ask Giles if he could spend the break with him. He froze when he walked in to the main part of the library where he saw---

"That's not Giles," he thought to himself of the young man lying on the floor. "Oh, shit. Yes it is. Giles!" he yelled as he slid to his knees across the floor. He stared down at the much, much younger man's face and was suddenly assailed by a memory from last night.

"Giles needs to lighten up and see things from our point of view," Willow had said. The glint in her eyes as she muttered, "I'll teach him," had scared Xander and now he knew he was staring at the result of Willow's temper tantrum.

And, oh, terrific, Giles was waking up.

"Ethan?" Giles asked. And his voice was like velvet and ale, smooth and dark.

Xander wondered if he should call Angel, Spike and Wes but he really didn't want to as Angel was cementing his bond with Wes right now.

"Ow," the man on the floor muttered, "That's it, no more beer in those quantities. Ever! Who are you?"

"I'm Xander. G-Man, you and Willow and---Oh, shit I so need to call Angel."

"Who?" the man asked and Xander heard a different accent. This wasn't Giles, he knew. He didn't know who it was but it wasn't Giles. At least, not the Giles he knew.

"Where's Ethan?" he asked. "He was so upset.... wasn't his fault. Randall made him. Where is he? And what the sod buggery all am I wearing? I hate tweed! And where the hell am I? This isn't England and it isn't 1974."

"No," Xander began. "This is 1999. You're in Sunnydale, California. Ethan is a Chaos Mage that pisses you off on a regular basis and you beat the tar out of him for it. You lost about 25 years thanks to Willow's Spell an uhm---."

"Where is he? If he's become that because of what those two idiots did and said after Randal suicid-ed I'll fuckin' kill 'em both!"

"They're both dead," Xander said. "Ehygon came back. I don't know where Ethan is right now but I can help you find him. You'll have to make him like you though. I mean he looks 25 years older than you. He kind of if you want to be with him, you should fix him so he has a fresh chance too.
If you can. And, uhm, what do I call you?"

"Ripper," the Not-Giles said. "You can call me Ripper."

As Xander went to the phone to call Angel, all he could think was: "Ripper. Oh, Shit!"

 

END PROLOGUE

abelard950@aol.com