Title: Ripper Redux

Author: Kate R.

Rating: PG-13 to R

Pairings: Giles/Ethan (So far)

Summary: Read and see

Disclaimer: Own nothing and no one used herein.

 

Ripper Redux
By Kate R.

He and Wesley had come to meet Giles. Spike was waiting in the car and He and Wes had come inside. He knew Giles was bringing Ethan with him and he hoped Ethan could shield Giles a bit. From what Spike had told him, Giles would need shielding. Of course, that's also why He and Wes were going back to Sunnydale as well. Enough of this shit. Giles would not face those snot nosed little bastards alone. He had other choice adjectives for them ranking high were: Selfish, spoiled, blind and uncaring as well as hypocritical, antagonistic, irritating and cruel.

"There they are," Wesley, said pointing out the two men they were waiting for.

Damn, Giles really did look off color. What the hell had the brats done to make him come back?

"Rupert," Angel said. "Ethan."

"Hallo Angel," Giles said to him. "It's nice to see you again. I didn't know you were going to be the chauffeur tonight."

"Only for you, Rupert," Angel said with a slight smile.

Thought since Wes and I are heading back to old Sunnyhell and damnation we’d give you two a lift. So, ready?"

"Yes," Giles answered not sounding at all there.

Angel looked at Ethan who mouthed the word 'Xanex' to him and Angel winced. If those brats didn't stop it wouldn't be Angel they were dealing with.

"You're staying at my new place for now," Angel said. "Gods know you need the rest and if you go anyplace else---."

"Yes, thank you, Angel," Giles said.

Ethan was guiding him and Angel knew this was bad. Giles was sick, hell even Wes could tell it, and that was bad.

"Spike had the car waiting," Angel said once they gathered all the luggage.

They hadn't brought much but Angel knew Giles wasn't going to be allowed to leave for a while. Well, that’s what the brats thought at any rate. If it got too bad, Angel would take Giles away. As they drove down the Highway heading for Sunnydale, that was Angel's silent vow.

Part 1

They arrived at the Magic Box the next night. Angel, Spike, Wesley, Ethan and Giles. Giles was totally surrounded so none of the Scoobies would be able to touch him unless he wanted them to. They came up to the door where they found Dawn and Tara sitting thinking. Dawn and Tara, on seeing them, ran to Giles to give him hugs. He held them both tightly so Angel knew they were okay to be near him.

"Just them, Sire, Spike said. "They be the only two who ain't been calling him 15 or more times a day to badger him to come back."

Angel nodded and watched as the two girls just held Giles for several long moments.

"Y-you d-don't h-have to g-g-go in there Mr. G-Giles," Tara stammered out.

He smiled at her gently and brushed her hair off her face. "I'm afraid I do, Tara," he said. "If I don't they will just get more irritating and nasty in what they say to you two. Besides, I'm not alone. I have my friends with me. That includes you two as well. We'll get through this, all of us."

"And you two will be coming home with us," Angel said. "Tara you need more room with a 15-year-old Ward. I've been kept abreast of everything going on here and I know you are taking care of Dawn. I'll reimburse you so you can finish school if you like? Take care of room and board for you."

"Thanks, Angel," Tara said.

The dark vampire nodded and then they all took deep breaths and entered the store. As soon as they were inside, the demands began. The harping, yelling, screaming and otherwise bullying and grating voices rose and finally, Angel had enough.

"SILENCE!!!!" He bellowed.

Everyone froze and stared at him standing there; not having seen anyone but Giles walk in the door.

"There are going to be rules this time," Angel said in a deadly cold and quiet voice. "Rule number 1: I am in charge here. Not you or her or her or him, Buffy. I am the one who will decide when something requires Giles. Should you disregard this rule, you won't like what will happen to you. Any of you. Rule Number 2: Giles is not going to be plagued by phone calls every ten minutes because you little brats can't cop with life. He's carried you through enough and personally, I think he's earned his rest. Rule Number 3: Do not and I emphasize this; DO NOT cross me on any rule I lay down for you all. Breaking them will result in a great deal of pain for the one who does it. Now, I know there is nothing going on tonight so we're going home. Anya, you will close this shop, right now and all of you will go home. Tomorrow, if he so wishes, Giles retake the reins of this store. If you cannot run it alone, you cannot have it. Am I making myself clear here children? This will no longer be your loitering place. You will all meet at Buffy's house unless Giles or I call for you. My emissaries will send messages. And Buffy, you do not want to say No to my emissaries because if I have to come get you, you will rue the damn day. Lets go guys. Tara, Dawn, we're done here for tonight. Lets go."

"Anya," Giles said finally speaking. She stared at him. "You. Are. Fired. Tara, can you start tomorrow?"

"Sure, Giles," Tara said.

Giles stared at Anya and she realized he knew she had been taking money from the store.

"Good, we'll come in tomorrow and open up. I still have my key. Anya, the locks will be changed tomorrow so you will no longer be able to come in. None of you will be able to come in when the door is locked."

The group left leaving a stunned group of Scoobies standing staring. Giles had spoken in a tone they ahd never heard. It was a new experience for them.

"Get used to him speaking in that tone, dolls," Spike said as he locked the cash register and took the key. "Cause you ain't getting anything else from any of us. Later, Children."

Spike left, walking into the shadows and vanishing.

Anya stared as she realized she'd just lost her job and the free money and that Giles had not been kidding. She also knew if they didn't leave, Angel would have them reported for loitering and trespassing. Sighing, they got up and left. Anya looked forlornly at the store as she closed and locked the door. He money was gone. Their meeting place was gone, and it bothered her. It bothered all of them but it was Giles' store. He could more or less do what he wanted.

"We'll get back in there," Buffy said. "I'm his Slayer, he has to let me in. Doesn't he?"

 

END PART 1