Reunited

Author: Caliadragon

caliadragon@myself.com

Fandom: Buffy

Pairing: Graham/Xander

Rating: NC 17

Series/Sequel: No clue

Disclaimer: I own nothing herein. Sunnydale and its citizens belong to Joss and Mutant Enemy. Anyone and any monster not known are my creation and belong to me. Though if you like them ask me and they can go play in your world.

AN: This is completely AU and based on the challenge made by Lawrence on his new plot bunny site. Anya and Xander were never involved. She never came back after graduation. Oz and Wes never left town and are in a relationship. Wes cast a spell that helped Oz control the wolf. Willow and Oz were a friendly break up, both realized they were in love with other people. Riley and Buffy are just beginning to date when she finds out about his part in chipping Spike and Dru. Spike and Dru live with Xander in his new apartment. He moved out of his parents house after he returned from Oxnard and got the job at the construction company. Spike and Dru returned to Sunnydale to claim Xander.

AN2: The challenge was basicly that while dancing at Oxnard Xander meets a college student named Graham and they get together. Later long after Xander returns to Sunnydale they are reunited as enemies.

Spoilers: Shades of each season up to 4, from there AU.

Warnings: Slash, Angst, Violence, Language, Unbeta'd

Summary: Xander and Graham meet one fateful summer, but can they overcome the problems of their reunion?



Reunited
by Caliadragon



Chapter 1: Dancer in the Dark

Xander sighed and looked at the man in front of him. With each word out of the mechanic's mouth Xander's headache increased. Why did this always happen to him. He couldn't even escape the weirdness by leaving the hell mouth. All he had done was stop for the night. Before he had made it ten feet a demon had come running out of the ally nearby and smashed into his car. He hit it so hard the the engine fell out of the piece of shit.

Then in a fit of rage Xander had jumped out of the car to smash the demon to bits only to realize that it was a Croshna demon an absolutely harmless. Then a vamp came out of no where and Xander had ended up fighting with it and getting bashed up. After dusting the bastard and finding the demon gone he had gone to the local emergency clinic and rented a room. That had used up most of his cash and there was no way he was going to be able to pay for the repairs and get home.

"Hey kid you still there?" Luca asked with a raised eyebrow. The kid was a hottie once you got past the blinding fashion sense.

Xander nodded and rubbed his forehead. "Is there anywhere near by that I could get work?"

Luca scowled, "If you couldn't pay why'd ya come to me." Luca growled, he was sick of slackers.

"I can pay you, I just won't have the money to get home afterwards. i need to get a job so I can." Xander told him wearily.

Luca looked at the kid for a minute then nodded. "My sister Valicity owns the club down the street there. She's looking for help. Tell her her brother Luca sent you over. I'll get started on the repairs this afternoon. Should have the work done by tomorrow. Are you staying in that shit hole?" Luca asked gesturing to the hotel across the street. Xander nodded and blushed. Luca just shook his head. The kid must be hard up to stay at that place. "Alright come over here in a couple of days I should be done fixing the car by then."

Xander nodded and thanked the man before turning away and heading down the street to the club. When he walked inside he was stunned to see half naked men dancing. he blushed when he realized it was a strip club. The bouncer raised an eyebrow and leered, making Xander blush even more.

Toby leered at the kid enjoying the blush that lit up his face. He was young and very pretty. Toby really hoped he was looking for a job. Valicity liked the young ones. He figured if the kid couldn't dance she'd take the time to teach him. "Whach lookin fer kid, we got it all?" Toby purred.

Xander blushed again and squirmed under the weight of the older mans gaze. "Luca sent me over. He said that Valicity was hiring." Toby silently cheered. He couldn't wait to see what the kid looked like without the bulky clothes on.

"Wait over at the bar. I'll go get the boss." Toby told him with another leer. Xander quickly hurried over to claim a stool at the bar. After he was seated the bartender came over to take his order. he was surprised when Xander shook his head and declined to order. With a shrug Beau walked back over to take care of the few customers he had. Traffic wouldn't pick up for another couple of hours.

Valicity's first sight of Xander made her mouth water. This kid would make her a mint with the trolls. With her best smile on she walked to the bar and the boy waiting for her.

Xander watched as the big guy and a tall raven haired woman came out of a back room. Xander could see the resemblance between Luca and his sister. Both were tall and slim and carried themselves like they owned the world. They had the same dark good looks as well. There was something a little intimidating about that kind of attitude. It was the same attitude that Deadboy had when he became Angelus. Though they didn't seem as homicide or insane.

Valicity sat down beside Xander and deepened her smile. *Oh yes, I'm going to make a lot of money off this kid. I hope he isn't here for the bartending job.* she thought to herself.

"Toby tells me my brother sent you here?" Valicity asked.

Xander nodded, "My car broke down and I need a job so that I can get home. He told me you were hiring." Xander squeaked. He hoped it wasn't dancing.

"He's right. I'm looking for a bartender and a dancer." she told him.

Xander breathed out a sigh of relief. "I know how to make drinks, though I've never officially bartended." Xander told her. Valicity was silently cursing. It was just her luck a sweet thing like that walked through her door and didn't want to dance. A wicked thought suddenly occurred to her.

"Well I'm afraid I'm looking for an experienced bartender, but I'm willing to train a dancer." Xander felt his relief whither and die.

His shoulders slumped, "Do you know of any place else thats hiring?" he asked dejected.

"No, but why don't you give the dancing a try?" Valicity asked, silently praying he would agree.

Xander looked at her in surprise. "You'd want me as a dancer?"

Valicity raised an eye at his surprise look. "Of course, you'll make a great deal of money. The clients will beat down the door to see you dance." The blush and the look of shock on his face was priceless. "The dancers get to keep their tips, I train you to dance and provide the basic wardrobe. You also get a flat seventeen dollars a night. You only work four nights a week, but you do twelve hour shifts."

Xander was stunned at the amount of money. With just a couple of weeks worth of money he could get home. If he stayed through the rest of his vacation he would be able to get out of his parents house. the thought of getting away from his parents was incentive enough. "When do I start?"


Three Months Later

Graham looked over at his friends and grinned. He was still surprised every time he thought of their reaction to his telling them he was gay. Neither one of them had been upset. They had supported him all the way. Riley and Forrest were the best friends a guy could have. Especially since one of them was his senior officer. They were on their way to a place called Sunnydale and decided to stop for the night. When they checked into the hotel, Forrest had asked if there was anything to do in town. The desk clerk had told them about the club. So here they were in an all male strip club and his friends were drinking and cutting up. Though both seemed a little amused by where they were.

The waiter had told them that they had come on a good night, because their best dancer had just returned from a few nights off. From what the guy had said the dancer was hot and if they wanted they could pay for a private show once his dance was done. Riley and Forrest had nearly choked over that offer. Graham had to resist the urge to laugh.

The dancer on the stag finished shaking his nice ass and walked off the stage. The club went quiet with nd seemed to throb with anticipation. "Alex." Was all the announcer said before hot sensual music began to pulse through the speakers. Graham felt his heart speed up and his breath catch as the dancer came out onto the stage. The boy, for that was what he was, was sex personified as he moved across the stage. His body was the music and each time a piece of clothing came off the crowd roared with appreciation. He moved across the stage allowing the customers to place bills in a garter on his leg.

Graham was startled when Riley suddenly shoved a bunch of bills in his hand. "Wave him over idiot." Forrest hissed. Both men were stunned by the affect of the young man. Even they were affected. Graham did as Forrest bid and watched mesmerized as the dark beauty came over to him.

His hand trembled as he placed the cash in the garter. He was captured by the boys beautiful chocolate eyes. Then with a smile he was gone. The boy danced for several minutes more then left the stage.

The room was full of gasping, shuddering men. Each one enraptured by the dark haired siren. "Do you want a private dance?" A warm voice asked near his ear. Graham turned with a start and looked at their waiter. After a moments hesitation he nodded. The man smiled back at him and looked over at Forrest and Riley in question. They both shook their heads and looked back at Graham.

The waiter smiled again and motioned for Graham to follow him. Somehow Graham felt his life would never be the same after tonight.



Chapter 2: Fate Comes Calling

Xander shifted nervously and looked over at Matt. The older man grinned in return. Xander cursed the man for the hundreth time that night. Why hadn't he ever learned never to play poker with the Grusol demon. If he hadn't lost that
last game he wouldn't be about to do a private show for a stranger. Sure he stripped down for strangers every night, but it was impersonal. He was surrounded by people and Toby was watching over him. This time though it would be just him and some guy in the back room. Xander had the wiggins.

"Come on Xander your client awaits. Just remember, you do this dance and your done for the night. To bad your done for good as well. Are you sure you don't want to stay?" Valicity asked from behind him.

Xander turned to look at the woman who had come to mean a great deal to him. He smiled, If anyone had told him three months ago that he would think of a strip club owner as a second mom he would have laughed them out of the room. Now though it didn't seem all that odd.

During his time at the club he had been adopted by everyone that worked there. Even Toby, who had made it clear on more than one occasion that he would love to get Xander on his knees and naked in his bed. Toby still teased and flirted with him, but it never went beyond that and Toby kept the trolls away from him.

"I have to go back Momma V, but I wish I could stay." he told her.

Valicity sighed she had expected that answer, but still wished she could talk him into staying. Valicity and Luca knew all about Sunnydale. They had been stunned to learn that Xander not only lived on the Hellmouth his entire life, bit worked with the slayer as well. They never would have learned that if it weren't for Oz coming through town.

The lyco had stopped by to check on Luca and the rest of the pack when he and Xander ran into one another. Oz had been stunned to see Xander not only dancing, but dancing well. The usually stoic boy had laughed and the pair had teamed up for a dance. They had caused a riot. Toby and several of the other bouncers had had to block the stage so the two boys could get off without being gang banged.

Valicity had tried to get Oz to stay the rest of the summer, but the blue haired boy had wanted to get back to his lover. Now she was about to lose another young man she cared about to Sunnydale.

Matt grinned again. "Don't be so upset the guy is a hottie. He's the one that was sitting at the base of the stage with the black guy and the big hunk."

Xander gulped and looked at Matt with wide eyed shock. Xander had noticed the hot guy when he had stopped to dance in front of him and allow the other man to place money in his garter. The other man had brought out feelings that Xander had desperately tried to keep submerged. it, but the guy had already paid for the dance and Xander had already agreed to the terms of the lost game of poker. Taking a deep breath he walked out of the dressing room and into the side room where the man was waiting for his dance.

==

Graham felt his pants tighten even further when the dark haired youth came through the door. The boy smiled at him and climbed on top of the table. As he did so music came from speakers hidden into the wall. Graham sat back and watched as the dark haired boy began to strip slowly.

*Touch me, see who I am.*

Graham had to resist the urge to obey the music as the boy ran his hands down his hips. The youth swayed with the slow sultry music following the motions of the songs lyrics.

*The heat is fierce and my cloths to tight.*

Oh god where they. Xander felt as though he were on fire from the look in the other mans eyes.

*I can't bear the heat anymore some things got to give.*

Graham shuddered with arousal as the boy took off his shirt and let it fall to the floor.

*Heat in my gut, arousal burning sharp. I'm tempted to take you on the floor.*

Xander had to hold in a whimper when he saw the other man convulse and the heat burn in his stunning eyes.

*My pants are to tight and my body isn't right. Your to far away.*

God that was so true. The siren was so close, but so far away at the same time. Graham feared he might actually break the arms off the chair as the youth ripped his pants away to reveal smooth tanned legs and a g string.

*Come to me. Come to me, don't tease me tonight. I need to feel you tonight.*

Xander took a shaky breath and swiveled his hips as he turn his back to the man and slowly rocking his hips back and forth.

*Don't you want me, don't you need me. Take me, make me, be with me tonight.*

Graham forced himself to stay in his chair. It was all he could do not to act upon the images the lyrics put in his mind. For the rest of the song he had to remind himself that he wasn't allowed to touch. Oh but it was so hard, almost as hard as he was.

Once the song had ended Xander stepped down from the table on shaky legs. Turning to the other man he smiled shyly. Perhaps if it had been a leer or a teasing look Graham would have been able to overcome the over powering attraction he felt for the other man. As it was the smile broke through his control.

Somehow Graham knew the shyness wasn't fake. It made him want the man, Alex the announcer called him, more. Taking a chance he stepped forward and gently placed a hand on Alex's arm. "My name is Graham. I don't usually do this, but I want to spend the night with you. It doesn't have to be sexual, I just want to get to know you." Graham released his hold on Xander's arm and had to resist the urge to swear. "I know this sounds crazy, I'm leaving town tomorrow, but I hope you'll say yes."

The moment Graham touched him and introduced himself something clicked in Xander's mind. He had felt it on several different occasions. His instincts were screaming at him to take a chance. This could be a one in life time chance. Taking a deep breath he looked at Graham and smiled shyly again. "Hello Graham my name is Xander. I have to change and clean up, but would we could met out front. Say in twenty minutes?"

Graham's smile was radiant. "Twenty minutes it is." The two men walked from the room smiling at one another.

=

Xander groaned and rolled over slapping the alarm clock as he did. He was feeling better than he had when he went to sleep that night. He had dreamed of Graham again and perhaps thats why he felt so good. He had only spent one night with the other man, but it had changed his life in ways he never thought possible.

Xander had come back to Sunnydale a stronger person and more sure of himself. The first thing he had done on his return was go see his friends and then find a place to live.

Two weeks later he was in possession of two chipped vampires. Every time he thought of it he became enraged. Sure he killed vampires, but he didn't torture them. Perhaps if it had only been the blond menace he wouldn't have cared, but Dru had been chipped as well. The truth was he had always cared for Dru.

She had been the one to save him on several different occasions while she was in town the last time. She had also kept him from being killed when the love spell went crazy. Xander had always wondered why she protected him and had even asked on one occasion. The child like vampiress had merely told him that Miss Edith and the stars told her to. Xander had believed her. He often got strange dreams and feelings that he could not explain.

It was one of those dreams that lead him to sending Angel to hell and bringing him back. It was also one of those dreams that had him finding and bringing the two vampires back to his apartment.

Xander sighed and pulled himself out of his thoughts and out of bed. He needed to get ready for work and check on his room mates. Xander hoped that Dru was feeling alright this morning. Xander suspected that the scientists had done something to Dru beyond chipping her. Willow had preformed a simple spell on them and they had managed to remove several different devices out of the pair. Though no one knew how to remove the bloody chips. Xander groaned as he realized he was talking like Spike.

Ten minutes later and he was dressed and in the guest room checking to make sure the two vampires were alright and settled in for the night. Finding them well and sleeping he decided it was time to leave. He only hoped things went well today.



Chapter 3: Just another Hellmouthy day.

Hank Thompson watched as his best employee got out of his truck. Hank winced as he saw the boys condition. Hell he was one large bruise. Hank's boss Max Corrington swore from where he stood beside Hank. Hank joined him. They were both been sure that Xander was going to tell them he couldn't work. Hank could even see the same thoughts on the faces of the rest of the crew and they were already behind.

Xander shocked them all by clocking in and getting to work. They all wondered what the kid had been through that he could ignore such obvious damage and keep working.

Xander was unaware of the speculation he was causing. He just wanted to get to work. It was a lot easier than dealing with all the other crap that he was going through. he hefted the lumber onto his shoulder not realizing he was giving the watchers a clear view of his badly bruised back. His mind was on shifting the load in his arms and his worrry over Dru and Spike.

Xander decided that animal blood wasn't going to be enough for either vampire to heal from their various wounds at the hands of the commandos. He decided to make a stop by Willie's and set up a delivery of human blood. He was making more than enough to be ale to pay for it.

Tom Landrey was one of the bigger and more aggressive guys on the crew. He wasn't happy with the fact that the bosses had brought in a bunch of new guys. He had heard Hank talking and knew that he was going to get passed over for the job of foreman. There was talk that that little bastard Harris was going to get his job. Watching the kid show off was really beginning to grate on his already bad mood.

Anyone else would be at home resting, but no Harris had to show off so he could get Tom's job. Tom snarled and lurched drunkingly towards the newest cause of all his troubles.

Craig cursed as he watched his former friend going after the kid. He knew that Tom was going to get fired this time for sure. It was bad enough he was showing up drunk, but attacking Harris was going to get him in a world of hurt. The kid ws already injured and he knew Tom would use that to his advantage.

Xander had just set the load of timber down when he felt a shiver run up his spin. Instinct had him stepping side ways. By doing so he avoided the fist aimed for the back of his head. Spinning around he faced his attacker a look of confusion on his face. "What the hell?"

Tom snarled and lunged at the kid again. Xander easily evaded his attack. "What's your problem man?" Xander yelled as he dodged another blow.

"Yer my problem, stealing my job. Showing off, thinking your better than me." Tom snarled drunkenly. Xander swore as the idiot attacked him again. Damn what was with him, did he have a sign on? Attack me!

The next few minutes would be repeated and mused over by everyone who had seen it. Tom would wish he had never managed to make contact with Xander's already bruised stomach.

As the first blow hit Xander decided to stop evading and do some attacking of his own. He knew he would probably lose his job, but he was in no mood to put up with this shit. Lashing out he punched the larger man in the face. Then proceeded to use every move that Buffy and Spike had taught him about taking someone out quickly.

It was over in minutes and Tom lay in the ground unconcious, but not seriously harmed. The watchers had been stunned by Xander's agility and reflex's. They had also been surprised that Xander had caught Tom before he hit the ground. If had just let him fall tom would have ended up with one hell of a concusion. "Harris." Hank called. Xander shook his head and turned to look at his boss. This was terrible. Why was he always fates bitch? With a sigh he turned and walked away from the unconsious idiot that had caused all of his trouble. When he reached Hank the older man smiled reasuringly and motioned him to follow him inside the prefab building. Once they were inside and settled Hank looked over at max and raised an eyebrow. At the nod he turned back to look at Xander.

"You handled that situation really well kid. I was expecting a whole different out come concidering your condition. I want to apologize for the fact that it happened in the first place. I shoulda fired that idiot weeks ago. Anyway the reason I called you in is because we want to promote you. If you take the promotion you'll be making more, working more and be in charge of the new crew we just hired."

Xander stared at him in surprise. He wasn't being fired. He smiled slowly and shook his head in surprise. "I thought you were going to fire me. " He told them when he saw the looks on their faces.

Hank chuckled. "Not likely kid. You work like two men and go back for more. So what do you say? You gonna take the job?"

Xander nodded. "Yes, thank you." he answered excitedly.

Max and Hank laughed over his response. "Great then, go home relax, maybe celebrate a little and we'll see you back here tomorrow morning to go over what your new job intails." Max told him.Xander stood with a dazed smile and quickly left.

He barly remembered to stop by Willie's to get the blood and set up a regular delivery. Willie knew better than to deliver anything but the best. Like everyone he had heard about who it was the dark haired biy was taking care of. He had also heard about the demon that the Slayer and her crew had decimated after it had attacked Dru. Willie was a weasel, but he wasn't crazy.

====

Spike looked up from his place on the couch and watched as his human came through the door. The whelp grinned at him and headed for the kitchen. "Whatcha doin home so early pet?" Spike drawled as he followed him. Spike listened in amusement as Xander told him about his day. When he got to the part about getting Spike and Dru human blood the vampire gapped at him in shock. It was hard getting used to a human caring for him and Dru the way that Xander did.

In the time he ad lived with the boy he had begun to see just what a treasure his Sire had given him. he was also reconcidering turning the boy when he got the bloody chip out of his head. Actually he was reconcidering killing any of them. Even the Slayer was protecting his Dark Princess. Spike sighed in frustration. The bloody chip was making him soft!

"How is Dru? Is she still asleep?" Xander asked, looking towards their room.

Spike nodded. "We'll feed her when she wakes. I hope the blood helps." Xander said as he handed Spike a packet of the blood.



Chapter 4: Meeting the Family

Riley shifted nervously. He was unsure about what was goin to happen tonight. He, Graham and Forrest had been invited by Buffy to come over to the Broze and meet her friends. If her friends didn't approve he had a feeling their relationship wouldn't go very far. Willow liked him, but he had yet to meet the other men in her life. The one he was mainly worried about was her friend Xander. Riley still couldn't get over the feeling that he should know that name, but with every thing going on in his life right know he was to distracted to remember.

All of the men were worried and beginning to question their objectives in the Initiative. Professor Walsh had told them that all demons were evil, but so far she hadn't been able to prove it. Sure they had come upon some really savage creatures, but they had been forced under her orders to take a small childlike demon hostage a couple of weeks earlier. It grated on them to do so, because the creature actually saved Graham's life when he was attacked from behind by a pissed off and hungry vamp.

Riley shrugged off the thought and taking a deep breath opened the door to the club. Graham shared a grin with Forrest over Riley's nerves. All he had been able to think about the last few weeks was Buffy. They couldn't wait to meet her friends and see if they accepted Riley.

=======

Spike was very close to laughing as he watched Buffy bounce in her chair. Xander was shaking his head in fond exasperation. Dru giggled. "Buffy's got springs in her bum." They all looked at Dru, before Buffy blushed and they all laughed. It had been surprisingly easy to intergrate the two vampires into the Scoobie gang. Wes had even preformed a spell that broke though the demenisa that plauged Dru's mind. Making her more like the woman she was before Angelus turned her. She was very playfull and very Willowish even.

Spike couldn't wait to see Xander in action with the new guy sniffing around Buffy. It had been hilarious watching Xander tear that poncy Parker apart verbally. It turned out to be a good thing, because later they heard about his reputation for using girls and tossing them aside. The last thing Buffy needed was to deal with some womanizer.

"Oh here they come." Buffy said happily. The happiness melted away when Dru suddenly whimpered in fear.

Spike growled and barely resisted te urge to shift into game face. "Bloody hell Slayer your dating the commandos!" Spike hissed at her.

Before Buffy could respond or the two vampires could flee the small group had reached them. The three soldiers were stunned to see the two vampires sitting with Buffy.

However it was Graham and Xander that froze them to the spot. Xander had surged to his feet ready to protect his friends when he saw who one of the men were. "Your one of them aren't you?" Xander asked in a pained voice.

Graham didn't try to pretend that he didn't know what Xander was talking about. "Yes."

Xander swayed and tears filled his eyes. "Oh God." Xander turned to walk away.

Graham quickly reached out and stopped him, turning the distraught boy around to face him. "Xander please, don't leave. I've thought about you every day since that night. I never wanted things to end up this way. Please baby, don't turn your back on me?"

"I can't do this right now. You chipped them." Xander said his voice tight with pain and anger.

"Their vampires, they kill people." Graham said, trying to convience them both that he was right to work with the Initative.

"Fine you kill them, but you don't torture them. You don't make them helpless. Look at them, they had to rely on their worst enemies! Now their apart of my family. If anyone tries to take them they'll have to go through me. You included." Xander told him his voice hard with pain and rage.

He gently pulled the shivering Dru to her feet and led both vampires out of the club. In their wake they left a group of confussed and angry people.

Spike didn't try to talk to his boy on the way back to the apartment. he was to upset about what he had learned to say any thing and Dru was still distraught. Spike knew she would remain so until they were saftly inside the apartment.

Finally they made it home. Both vampires watched as Xander sank into a chair and began to cry. Xander couldn't believe that his one fantasy of love, turned ito a total nightmare.


Chapter 5: Coming Out

Xander was still crying when Buffy and the others knocked on the door. Spike let them in, grimacing when he saw the despair in Buffy's eyes. It was obvious she had been crying. Spike was beginning to wonder what it was that Buffy and Xander had done to deserve to be cast adrift in love. They were both strong and brave. They fought and they bled for those around them and the side of the light. Yet neither of them had found a love or even had a date that didn't somehow come back to hurt them in some way.

Buffy walked to Xander and put a hand on his hair. When he looked up at her she could see the tears sliding down his face. For a moment they only looked at one another, then Buffy pulled him into her arms and they wept together. The confrontation at the Bronze had been brutal and painful. Everyone had tried to keep calm inside, but the minute they left the sanctuary of the building, both sides began to demand explanations. In the end, no answers had been given by either side. Instead Buffy and the others had left, distraught and confused. Buffy's only thought was to get to Xander. "Xander, what is going on between you and Riley's friend?" she asked gently.

Xander sighed and shifted her so that she was sitting sideways on his lap. He wanted to be able to see everyone’s reactions when he told them what happened between himself and Graham. "I met him while I was in Oxnard. He saw me dancing one night."

Buffy frowned. "I thought you said Oxnard didn't have dance clubs," Willow said confused.

Xander blushed and looked away, he was unsure how his friends would take this. Oz knew, of course, and he had more than likely told Wes. The two kept no secrets from one another.

"I lied to you about my job and about how far I got."

"What do you mean?" Buffy asked.

"I never made it to Vegas. I never made it past Oxnard. The first night I was in town my car was taken out by a demon. Then I was hurt, so I had to spend all the money I had on me for repairs to the car and to me. I needed a job to be able to get home. So I went to the club Luca, the mechanic, told me about. It was run by his sister. It was a strip club. She trained me to dance and I spent my summer there, dancing." There was silence for several minutes before Oz spoke up.

"He was beautiful. We nearly got gang banged the night we danced together." Sounds of shock and humor filled the room.

Dru giggled. "Pretty pictures play in my mind. Thank you," she said with a coy smile at Oz, who winked in response and blew her a kiss. Buffy and Willow were wide eyed, and both girls blushed at the images Oz's words brought to mind.

"Oh my," Tara gasped, then blushed when everyone looked at her. Laughter started slowly, then gradually built until tears were forgotten. At least momentarily.

"I know there's more to the story luv, spill," Spike ordered gently. Xander smiled sadly.

"The last night I was working at the club, Graham came in with some of his friends. They watched me perform my public dance, then Graham bought a private one. Any other night I wouldn't have been dancing privately, but I lost a hand of poker and a private dance was the stakes. Anyway, I was dancing for him and something just clicked. The way it did the first time we met and the night Angel came back. He asked me to spend the night with him and I did."


\\flashback//

Xander took a deep breath and left the sanctuary of the dressing room. He was nervous and excited at the same time. His skin felt on fire from where Graham had touched him. Valicity had given him a kiss on the cheek and told him she would see him in the morning. He had blushed and told her afternoon. Her eyes had widened and a knowing smile crossed her face as she watched him walk out the door. When he saw Graham waiting out front for him, his heart began to race again and his body tightened.

Not just with want, but with hope. Xander was confused as to why his heart and soul told him this man was his future, but he was willing to listen, even if he only had one night. Graham shifted from foot to foot and smiled, he was as nervous as Xander. His friends had been shocked and amused when he told them about his meeting with the dancer. They had told him to have fun, before going back to the hotel to sleep. Graham was unsure what the night would hold, but he knew there would be no sleeping. Nervously they turned as one and began to walk to the hotel. Xander was now able to afford a nicer place and used his new wealth to his advantage. The room was large and the bed was a king. Thinking about his bed and what could happen in it caused Xander to tremble slightly.

\\End flashback//


"We spent the night together and it was the most incredible night of my life. I have thought about him every night since. I know it’s stupid, but I fell in love with him that night. Now..." he couldn't finish.

No one said anything for a long time, each caught up in their own thoughts. Finally Xander spoke again. "I want to believe that Dru and Spike will be safe here, but I can't. I think we're going to put my Plan B into action." The others looked at him for a long moment, then nodded.

"Tara, Wes and I will begin the warding spells. Wes, why don't you call Giles, we're going to need him here to help with some of the spells," Willow said as she stood and began to gather the spell ingredients that they had already placed in the apartment for just such an occasion.



Chapter 6: Dangerous

It had been two nights since the confrontation at the Bronze. Xander was exhausted, work had bled over into twilight and his car hadn't wanted to start; then he realized that his cell phone wasn't in his car. So he was stuck walking home. The office was locked and he really didn't want to go into the Quik-Stop. That place was bad news during the day. At night it was even worse.

Sighing again he continued to walk. He was furious with himself for forgetting his cell phone. He could have sworn he put it in his car that morning as he left for work, but he must have been mistaken. He had been pretty tired, having slept very little the night before, but still, it was no excuse for his carelessness.

As he walked he constantly checked around him for threats. Therefore he was prepared for the attack that came minutes later. He was suddenly rushed from the bushes by a group of commandos. Feeling betrayed and afraid he fought them. The soldiers were stunned by the boy's skill and Riley began to reevaluate his plan to take Xander. Forrest lunged foward only to be clipped on the jaw by Xander. The younger man kicked backward and sent another of their friends back into the bushes.

Xander slammed his fist out again and caught the closest person to him in the gut. Once they were down he ran. He could hear swearing and the sounds of pursuit, but he didn't wait around to see if he was right. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him. As he ran, he realized that he had been set up. They had rigged his car so it wouldn't start, and had probably taken his cell phone.

He grunted in pain as he was suddenly tackled from behind by two large bodies. Snarling with rage he tried to spin and strike out, but it did him no good. He could hear more footsteps, and a few seconds later he was being trussed up and tossed over someone's shoulder.

The men turned on their heels and hurried back to Lowell House. They all grimaced in pain over their various injuries and wondered if the boy would teach them some of his moves, if he didn't kill them first.

Graham was sitting in the common room glaring at the TV and trying to figure out what to do next. He had no idea where Xander worked or lived, and wasn't sure he could get Xander to talk to him. It hurt, but he could understand. Xander had taken the vampires in and made them family. Plus Xander was right, what they were doing was torture. Graham had no problem dusting vampires, but what the doctors had done to the female vamp had made him sick to his stomach.

He could still hear her screams, and sometimes he wished that he had never gotten involved with the Initiative. Graham was brought out of his musing by the front door opening and the sounds of someone threatening to remove a favorite body part. The others in the room looked up in surprise as well. They all watched, bemused, as Xander was dumped on the sofa.

His face was a mask of rage and his eyes promised pain. When he saw Graham he growled. Riley, Forrest and a couple of the others removed their masks. "You have five seconds to untie me or I swear when I get free, I'm gonna castrate you an inch at a time." Xander spat at them.

Everyone was impressed; the boy wasn't showing any signs of fear. The truth was Xander relaxed a bit after he saw exactly who it was that had captured him. Riley gulped and moved forward, untying Xander and moving away quickly. They all took a step back when Xander surged to his feet in a dangerous, yet beautiful move.

"Why did you do this?" he growled out.

"Graham." Riley told him. He couldn't believe he was intimidated by a kid barely out of highschool.

Xander turned angry eyes on Graham, who looked at Riley with a raised eyebrow. "He's been unhappy, we thought if you talked maybe you could work things out," Riley clarified.

"Yeah, and maybe Deadboy will start shitting gold nuggets. Not gonna happen," Xander said with a glare. He walked around the sofa and towards the door.

"Xander, wait please?" Graham asked. He didn't expect Xander to stop, but he did. They all flinched when he looked around at him; they could see the scorn and distaste on his face.

"I've been fighting demons and oogies of the night since I was fifteen. I lost my best friend to vampires. So believe me, I have no love for them. But what you people are doing is sick. You disgust me, and sooner or later you're going to come up against something that you can't beat with your toys. When you do, remember you brought it on yourselves." Saying nothing else, Xander walked out the door and didn't look back.

=====

The walk back to his apartment was a long, nerve racking experience. When he walked through the front door Oz, Spike and Dru could smell the rage and the blood on him. Willow's eyes widened as she saw the look on her friend's face. It was very rare that Xander lost his temper, but when he did it was bad.

"Obviously you had a bad day," Giles said hesitantly. Xander snarled in response.

"Oh, my day went just fine until Riley and his jarheads decided that Graham and I needed to talk. So they attacked me and took me back to the dorm. I told them what I thought of them, then I left. The bastards stole my cell phone and rigged my car." Xander ground the words out.

Willow and Tara exchanged a look. Xander's aura was blood red and shining brightly. Xander was very pissed. Willow hoped that he hadn't done too much damage to Riley and his friends. "I'm going to take a shower. I'll be back in a few," he told them as he left the room and headed to his own.

Twenty minutes later he came back into the living room with only a pair of ragged denim jeans on. They could see that his rage had subsided a little. Xander walked over and sat down on the couch beside Buffy. He found it amusing that they went from gathering in the library to gathering in his apartment. "So what's on the agenda tonight?" he asked. The shower had gone a long way to cooling his temper.

"Movie night. Lots of pizza and rampant explosions," Buffy answered. Xander grinned down at her and put an arm around her shoulder.

"Sounds good to me. Are we doing the 'Die Hard' thing so we can all drool over Bruce, or are we doing a Mel marathon?" Xander asked, making them all laugh.

"Can't we have both, kitten?" Dru asked wickedly.

"Don't I wish," Xander muttered, making them laugh again. The rest of the night was spent enjoying each other's company and watching action movies. By the time the Scoobies left he was in a better mood and ready to sleep. He wasn't surprised when he ended up sharing his bed with both Spike and Dru.

Maybe it was better that Graham had turned out to be the enemy. How would you explain to your lover that your vampires got night terrors and needed to sleep with you sometimes. Xander sighed and spooned Dru against him, linking his fingers with Spike's.

========

In the lab, Maggie Walsh listened to the conversation that had taken place the night before. Only two people knew of the cameras in the frat house. Maggie and her monster. Adam was only mildly aware of what was going on around him. Despite what Maggie wanted, his true personality was still in control and he was unable to perform the evil that she wished.

Looking at the dark haired boy and the effect his words had on her soldiers, Maggie knew that she would have to neutralize the boy. For that she would need to call in an outside recovery team. No one would need to know that she had brought the boy in for experiments, or that she intended to see what demon DNA would do to a human.



Chapter 7: Taken

Spike paced back and forth, anger and fear rolling off him in waves. Nearby, Dru was tied to their bed. He snarled again and continued to pace. He prayed to whatever god took care of dark creatures that the Slayer and her friends would get there soon. Buffy had said that she was calling on his Sire to come and aid them. He only hoped the poof did his part to aid them.

Buffy had even gone to the soldier dicks to ask if they had been involved in the disappearance of their boy. She had been met with denial and panic. Spike was stunned to hear that the soldiers had offered to help find the boy. Spike looked over at his love and hoped that this would not set back her recovery. Her screams had been truly horrific.


\\flashback//

Dru was laughing and looking towards the door. Xander would be home soon and then they would get to spend time with their dark childe. Dru had adopted the boy as her own and they seemed to genuinely love one another. At first it had angered him, but now he accepted it as only right. The boy was theirs.

As Spike was deciding what to prepare for the boy's dinner, Dru began to scream and claw at her face. Spike had run to her and held her down as the visions ripped through her mind. Since being taken by the Initiative, it hurt Dru to get visions and often times she would try to claw out her own eyes, as though that would stop the visions from coming.

Spike was chilled to the bone as she began to scream Xander's name and sob uncontrollably. Spike had finally had to tie her down to keep her from harming herself and from running into the sunlight to save the boy.

The things that Dru had screamed out were terrifying, and for the first time since coming to live with Xander, Spike was truly afraid as he realized just how helpless he was.

\\end flashback//


Xander whimpered in pain as he felt the needle push into his spine. All around him he could hear words and soundless grunts from the various creatures also trapped in this room. Tears rolled silently down his face as he realized just where he was. Had Graham had anything to do with this? Xander didn't know. All he knew was that he was in pain and was unsure what was happening to him.

Xander wanted to cry out. To demand to know what they were doing to him, but the words wouldn't come. Instead he began to thrash uncontrollably in his bonds as whatever they injected into him began to burn its way through his body. Screams of agony tore from him until he began to spray blood on the metallic table beneath him. Finally, unable to take the pain any longer, Xander fainted. He continued to scream, even though he was unconscious, as the demon DNA worked its way through his system.

"Give him a shot of adrenaline," Maggie ordered as the boy's heart began to slow. She had no intention of letting him die until all of her experiments were completed. If things went the way she hoped, Xander would be able to shift in and out of realities. With the proper incentives and reprogramming he would be under her control. Then she would have her vampires back, and her boys would continue to work for her.




Two days later....

Maggie Walsh was furious. Her experiment had failed. No matter what she did or ordered done to the boy she could not break him. The demon DNA had taken affect and the boy was even more beautiful than he had been before she had ordered him taken. Even as broken and bloody as he was. It really was a pity she had no use for him any longer. To make things worse, the search for the boy was intensifying. She had underestimated his worth.

"Take his collar and manacles off, and kill him." Maggie ordered coldly.

The operatives sent in to assist her nodded and wondered again what the kid had done to deserve such treatment. Neither of them considered Xander a threat any longer. After all, he was unconscious and slowly bleeding to death. Therefore they were surprised when he disappeared the minute the inhibitors were removed.

========

Spike snarled at Graham and had the man stepping back in concern, even though he knew the vampire couldn't physically harm him. The rage and worry in those cold blue eyes was dangerous, and once again Graham was reminded that this creature was a Master Vampire.

Graham had been able to talk them through removing the extra devices that made Dru's visions so much harder to bear. She was still insensible and would be for a while longer. Riley, Graham and Forrest had been sickened by her condition and wondered again why they ever thought that they were on the right side.

Spike was getting ready to spit venomous words at the soldier boys when there was a sudden shimmer of emerald light in the room. Everyone immediately adopted a fighting stance and watched as a figure emerged from the light. They were stunned to see Xander sink to his knees in front of them.

"Xander!" Willow screamed and ran to him, throwing her arms around him and holding him tightly. Then she felt it, like a magical wave of pain and despair that washed over her. The next time she screamed it was with pain and rage. Around the room things began to explode and the table began to burn.

"Fuck! Willow!" screamed several people in the room. Tara, Giles and Wes rushed to the pair and Giles began to chant, trying to calm the witch. Their screams were added to hers as they felt what she had. Thankfully though, Giles still had enough control to stop Willow's magical outbust before it got any further out of control.

Xander was vaguely aware of the screaming, and the part of him that was now enhanced sought out the ones in pain and covered them in a soothing balm. He was unaware that it was his friends that were screaming or that he was the cause. The act of soothing them was enough to soothe him. Soon he dropped into unconciousness. Never knowing that he was now safe.



Chapter 8: Memories Shared

Willow sat staring dully ahead. Xander was in his room sleeping, while the living room was full of both friends and former enemies. Riley was holding his friend and looking at Buffy longingly. So far none of the magically inclined had told the others what they had learned when they touched Xander.

She could remember the pain and the overwhelming despair that burned through the link she had established with Xander. It terrified and disgusted her. It was bad enough knowing what they had done to Dru and Spike, but they took her Xander and they changed him. They hurt him and they were going to pay for it.

Willow had a picture and a name for the one responsible for hurting her friend and she was going to kill her if it was the last thing that she did. "Who is Maggie Walsh?" Willow asked suddenly.

Graham jerked free of Riley's hold and looked at her in horror. "No," he whispered.

She nodded. "She did this to Xander. She hurt him and she turned him into a hybrid. My Xander isn't human anymore. So who is she?" Willow asked again, stronger this time.

Forrest looked as though he were going to be ill. "She's the head scientist in charge of the Initiative," Forrest told her.

"I'm going to kill her," Willow said calmly, as though she were talking about changing her nail color. The others paled and Buffy shook her head in denial.

"You're not going to do anything," Spike snarled. "Do you want the boy to blame himself for you going over to the dark? You will not kill the bitch! We will make her pay, but not like that. Don't give me that look, Witch! You will do nothing to hurt my Childe." Spike then stood and went back into the bedroon that held both his Prince and his Princess. No one would do anything to add to his boy's pain. No one!

*

Xander whimpered and thrashed lightly from side to side. Cool arms enveloped him and a gentle kiss was placed on his brow. "Shh... My kitten, sleep. You are home and safe," Dru whispered gently and held her baby tighter until he settled into a deep and natural sleep.

Dru had heard what they had said. She agreed with her Spike. The witch was Xander's inspiration and on many occasions his reason for living. It was going to be hard enough for him to survive his change. He would be able to aid his friends now, and he would help them as well. She knew that Xander was beyond them. What the humans kept referring to as a demon wasn't. She had seen what they had used to change her beautiful boy and she knew that the light had a powerful force on its side now.

She and Spike would never be as they were before the nasty soldiers got them. Mainly because they had no blood lust. Spike still enjoyed mayhem and killing demons, but they were tied to the light child. He was their future. Where they went, he went. The fates had shown her their place and soon they would begin to fulfil their fate. A fate that included the light ones and her boy.



Chapter 9: Coping

Xander woke slowly, moaning at the soft shee t under his cheek and the cool weight against his chest. He opened his eyes slowly and found himself looking into Dru's eyes. There was something wrong, he knew it, but he couldn't quite figure out just what it was. "Dru?" he asked softly.

"Hello, Kitten, are you feeling better?" Xander looked at her in confusion for several minutes until images began to flow through his mind. Xander shuddered as he remembered the agony he had suffered. He remembered his body shifting and the pain it had caused. He remembered the horror of feeling his body being torn open by surgical instruments, and feeling every single thing that was done to him. He remembered the cool, clipped tones of the woman in charge of his torment as she gave the orders to change him.

"Shh...Little Kitten, Mommy's here and no one will hurt you ever again," Dru crooned to him. Xander held her and cried out his grief and pain over what had been done to him. He knew without a doubt that he wanted out of Sunnydale as soon as possible.

As his tears abated, Xander sat up carefully. He still hurt, but not as badly as before. Looking over at Dru he was struck by how different she looked to him. He could see a soft, silver glow around her and there was something wrong in what he was seeing. Reaching out, he watched in fascination as his hand slipped into the place where the wrongness was in her. When he pulled his hand back he found he was holding a small microchip. Looking at Dru he realized that he had just de-chipped her.

Dru smiled gently at him and caressed his cheek. "Don't worry, lovely, I won't bite the babies. Mommie and Spikey are good now."

Xander released the breath that he had been holding. He hugged Dru and then together they got out of bed and walked into the living room. Xander was still holding the microchip in his hand when they entered the living room. Xander froze at the sight that greeted him.

All around his living room his friends and several others sat side by side. The Fang Gang was in his living room and Spike was actually having a civil
conversation with Graham. Xander felt his heart clench at the sight of his ex-lover. Just as quickly rage filled him. With a snarl of rage he stormed across the room.

Graham looked at him in stunned silence as Xander pushed him into the chair behind him. "Did you tell her about me?" Xander screamed into his face.

"No, I swear. I would never have done anything to you," Graham reassured him.

Xander sobbed and sank to his knees. Graham grabbed him and pulled him into his arms, holding him tightly. After a few moments Xander put his arms around him and clung tightly. "I love you. I'm so sorry, Xander. I don't know how or why she chose you, but I promise I will help take the bitch down," Graham swore.

Xander just shook his head. "I'm leaving the hellmouth. I have friends in Oxnard and I'm going to go to them. I need their help, then I'm coming back and I'm taking out the Initiative," Xander said as he straightened away. His friends and family saw the fierce determination in his eyes.

He then turned to face Dru, who smiled gently at him and nodded. He walked over to Spike and looked into the fieice eyes of his friend. Taking a deep breath he shifted and reached out. The others watched in awe as Xander reached in and removed the chip embedded in Spike's brain. When Xander had finished he stepped back. Buffy had jumped to her feet and there was a look of fear on her face. She didn't want to have to stake Spike, but she would if he was a threat.

"Well, that was unnerving. When we goin', pet?" the blond asked. Xander laughed, and hugged the vampire tightly.

"Soon. I need some weapons and we're gonna need some help." The vampire nodded and went back to his Princess. She smiled at him and allowed him to hold her. Their boy was safe and so were they. Maggie Walsh was dead and she didn't even know it.

Chapter 10: Regrouping

The drive into Oxnard was done in complete silence. Not an uncomfortable silence, but silence just the same. Xander was sandwiched between Dru and Spike, with Graham in the front seat and Giles driving. They were at the head of a small convoy of vehicles. The Fang Gang, the rest of the Scoobies and several members of the Initiative that had gone AWOL. Riley, as the ranking officer of the soldiers, was already in contact with a general and former boss that worked out of Colorado. Riley had assured them that General Hammond was a good guy and wouldn't be at all shocked by the weirdness that was Sunnydale. In fact Riley was pretty sure that the General would send in reinforcements to help them destroy the Ini tiative.

Angel was in contact with some people he knew and Giles had already contacted a group of vampires in Toronto. The Scoobies had been shocked to hear that the vampires they were used to dealing with were not pure blood vampires; only the three vampires formerly known as the Scourge of Europe were pure blood vamps. The Master had also at one time been a pure blood, but being trapped so close to the Hellmouth had driven the vampire insane and tainted all of those that were in his line. Only after his destruction and Angel's subsequent recognition as the Master of Aurelius had the line of Aurelius re-established its status in the vampire community. It had also shocked them to find out that not all vampires were mindless, soulless killers. The curse on Angel had merely held the taint in him at bay. Angelus was insane, not only from the soul, but from being freed on the hellmouth. Had his curse been ended anywhere else he would have eventually taken back control from the insanity that plagued him.

To say that the Scoobies were upset by this news was an understatement; that was, until both Giles and Angel assured them that none of the other type of vampires came anywhere near the hellmouth. The only reason that Dru and Spike came was because of their Dark Father and Xander. Everyone had been surprised that the Scoobies were upset about killing any kind of vampire, but as Buffy told them, "It would be like killing Angel. He doesn't deserve to be staked, any more than these other vamps." That had put an end to that line of questioning.

Riley had looked uncertain for a moment, until Buffy turned and smiled at him as she caught his hand in hers. Buffy knew that she and Angel were in the past. From the looks of things he had already set his sights on who he wanted to spend the rest of his eternity with.

They were to meet Xander's friends at a club, the club that he had danced in during the summer. The Lunar Pack a nd several demons that Xander had befriended over the years were converging on the place. All of the former Hyena Pack were also coming to meet them. Several of the Sunnydale Militia, the fighters at graduation, were also on their way to Oxnard. The three groups had sat back and watched in awe as Xander went about making phone calls. They had all listened as he basically evacuated the town of anyone that either the demons or the Initiative could harm. Willie was one of Xander's people, something that had shocked the Scoobies, and was already putting the word out on the street that Sunnydale was no longer safe for any kind of demon.

Xander had even gotten his family forcibly removed from town. They may have been shitty parents, but Xander cared for his family and nothing was going to make him leave them to the hellmouth's mercies. Xander had made calls to the far reaches and managed to touch on every life that had ever crossed his path. Then the others started making their phone calls. By the time everyone was through they had literally built an army of able and dangerous fighters.

Buffy was confident that they would win, but right now they wanted away from the hellmouth and the pain living there had yet again inflicted on them.

_________________

Two days later the club was full of people, vampires, wolves, demons and the like. Buffy and the others had taken positions around the room, places that afforded the best view. The group watched yet again as Xander moved among the people he had called in. The people that Riley, Giles and Angel had called in were among the sitting Sunnydalers. They were all surprised by the depth of feeling that Xander inspired in the people he had called in. All of them took a chance to touch him in greeting, to speak to him or get a hug.

Finally Xander climbed up on the stage and the room became quiet. "I want to thank everyone for coming here today. I know you are all wondering what is going on so I'm not going to beat around the bush. A scientist has set up camp on the hellmouth. With the backing of a secret military organization, they are capturing and conducting tests on non-humans, well at least it was non-humans at first." Xander paused for a minute, the memory of the pain they had put him through still so fresh. "Somehow, this scientist found out that I was giving shelter to two of the vampires that she had used for her torturous experiments, so she took me. You all know that I was one hundred percent human; I'm not human any more." His words brought a murmuring among the crowd. The Scoobies and their allies shifted nervously at the growling that came from more than one throat.

"I have no idea what kind of demon I am now, but I am a demon. Walsh made sure that I felt everything that she did to me. She even went so far as t o bring me back to life after I arrested during one of her experiments. I escaped, but there are more living creatures there. I'm not going to say that they aren't all non-evil creatures, that would be a lie. My friends and many of you have fought these creatures for years. Yes, we've killed them, but we did that in battle. What Walsh is doing is genocide. My friends and I are going to take her out, I've asked you all here to help us do that. Will you stand at our side?" As the question died on his lips all of those that he had brought there yelled out their approval. They now had an army.

END PART 10