Title: Prince of the sun

Author: Kate R.

Rating: PG-13

Pairings: Giles/Ethan others to be decided

Summary: Bloodlines discovered lead to shock among the Scoobies.

Notes: AU season 3

Disclaimer: not mine, never will be.

 

Prince Of The Sun
by Kate R.


Prologue: Finding Him


"Apollo!" The voice shouted.

The God of the Sun sat up right when he heard his father's voice. "Yes sir?" he asked.

"Ares said he knows where your son is. "

"He does?" Apollo asked looking at his brother.

Ares nodded. "He's on the Hellmouth now. I've got it pared down to one of the group working with the idiot Blond Slayer the Way chose. Fools. Her Watcher knows she isn't right. I actually pity both of them."

"She has 2 Watchers?" Apollo asked.

Ares shrugged. "Ripper wanted a chance to be with Ethan and Miss Bitchy wouldn't let him have any time to himself. I know your son is among those who work with her but I don't know which one he is. There are 7 males among the group. Ripper is too old, Angelus and Spike are both vampires and Ethan is too Chaotic. That knocks it down to Wesley, Alexander but I doubt it's him. He lies too much, and Oz. Oz is a werewolf so I'm not sure but the Hellmouth has muddled the signatures too much to tell from here. We'll have to go down and look ourselves."

"Lets go then," Apollo, said standing from his seat at the table. It was his boy's birthday and he'd never been able to celebrate because Demeter had stolen the baby after it was born and thrown it into time.

Ares nodded and he and Apollo flashed down to the Hellmouth where they remained invisible and watched.

"God why does the little bitch get away with insulting people like that?" Apollo asked.

Ares sighed and shook his head. "The council I imagine," he told the golden sun god. "They train watchers to be slaves to the little bitches. Do you 'See' him?"

"Yes," Apollo said. He was looking at the group of three but only focused on one. "That one," he said. "The one she and her little bastard friends just called a coward and a wuss. He isn’t like them so they treat him like dirt."

"He's not like them all right," Ares said. "I see it too. Father Above he glows. Can't they see how special he is?"

"Ripper is beginning to. All he needed was his mate back to break the compulsions from the council. What should we do?"

"Manifest," Ares said appearing so the mortals could see him.

They all jumped, including the young man Apollo had tagged.

"Who are you and what do you want?" the blond twit named Buffy said.

Apollo sighed and walked past her. "Not you, darling," he said as he moved around the room. "I'm looking for my son. My brother Ares and I traced his power signature here, to the Hellmouth. I want him back. His aunt kidnapped him, a real harridan Bitch named Demeter, and lost in time. I’ve been looking for him for years."

"So what's his name? We’ll go look for him," the blond twit said.

"Oh, there is no call to go look for him," Apollo replied softly. "He's right here in this very room. I'll show him to you." Apollo hurled golden sun dust into the air and it settled over everyone in the room. However, it only showed a glow on one of them.

"Wesley?" the blond twit exclaimed in shock. "No way!"

"Yes, you," Apollo said to the young man. "The Dust does not lie."

"I-m-me?" the young man stammered. "Y-you c-can't m-mean m-m-me. I mean I’m just W-Wesley."

"Regardless," Apollo said. "You are my son, Wesley, The Prince of the Sun."

 

Chapter 1: I Want a Re-Dusting


Pandemonium ensued after Apollo's naming of Wesley. "No way, it can't be him!" Buffy shrieked. "He isn't good enough to be the son of Apollo! Do it again! You have to have it wrong! Xander is more material for your son! He's funny and .....and---.

"...A lying sack of hypocritical shit," Ares informed them all calmly. "He's also not smart enough to be Apollo's boy. Angelus there spent 500 years in hell because of this little bastard's Lie. Bacchus is not happy with you children and I am not happy with my daughters! They've become as corrupt as the Council of Watchers thinking they have to right to kill anything labeled Vampire and even other things not just because they are Different. You, Miss Summers, will sit the hell down and shut the Tartarus Up because I have about had it with you. Your Watcher is not your slave. If he wants to be with the man he loves that is no damn business of yours!"

"Your daughters?" Buffy snorted. "Right, everyone knows Slayers came from the mother in Africa."

"Wrong," Ares informed her. That is something started by the Council. I am the Father of Slayers. All genes go Father to Daughter Buffy. Your precious Slayer Blood came from a male progenitor. I am the Father of Slayers. You are not worthy of that title any longer."

"What? How Dare you say that! I've been a Slayer---."

"A very Bad one," Ares barked.

Meanwhile, Wesley was sitting listening to Buffy scream and Willow deny and demand and Xander open and close his mouth like a fish. He slowly sat down in a chair rubbing his head and trying to make it quiet so he could think. He jumped at a touch on his shoulder and found Apollo looking down on him with a gentle smile.

"Are you okay?" the blond sun god asked.

Wesley shook his head listening to the nasty comments about himself as Buffy started screaming about why it couldn't be him. He stared at Apollo, his eyes showing he believed those words.

"SILENCE!" Apollo finally bellowed.

Everyone in the room froze.

Spike, just walking in with Buffy's mother and sister, stared as Wesley sat looking shocked as hell and they heard Buffy hissing angrily about no way could Wesley be the son of Apollo.

"Buffy!" Joyce yelled then. "That is enough! Just because you don't want something to be true doesn't make it happen!"

"But mom!" Buffy whined. "You know Wesley is a cowardly little bastard who can't fight and runs from everything. How can he be Apollo's son?"

"Because he is," Apollo growled. "Wesley is my son. And if you had been raised as he was you'd be afraid of everything to. Keep your damn mouth shut, you little brat. I wont tell you again."

"You have to be wrong!" Buffy shouted again. "It's not him. It's not, It's not IT'S NOT!"

"Buffy," Giles growled. "Do shut up!"

"Giles!" Buffy yelled. She turned to the librarian and raised her hand to strike him. He cringed back but her hand never reached him.

No, instead someone not Ares or Apollo caught it. Someone else, someone even more powerful. "What the Tartarus do you think you are doing?" the voice growled.

And Angel and Spike hit their knees before this man: Hades, God of Life, Death and Rebirth and King of the Underworld. He was holding Buffy's wrist in a tight and painful looking grip and she was trying to get away from him.

"Buffy, stop fighting," Giles advised. "He'll crush your wrist if you don't."

"But Giles, you---You don't get to tell me---."

"SIT DOWN!" Hades roared.

Buffy was so shocked she obeyed and fell on her ass on the floor.

"If you EVER raise your hand to anyone like that again you wont have to worry abut a demon killing you because I'll come and get you myself! Apollo, take the boy someplace else. The children won’t let him adjust to what he just learned right now."

"Wesley?" Dawn asked tentatively.

Wesley looked down at Dawn and took her hand in his. "Still your friend, my dear," Wesley whispered as he let Apollo
start to guide him out.

Dawn grabbed him in a tight hug. "Don't go!" She cried. "Please? You're my only friend not tied to Buffy!"

Wesley looked at Dawn, at his father and then at her mother.

Apollo made the choice to ask or not for him. "May we borrow your daughter?" he asked Joyce.

She nodded and Apollo took Dawn's hand too. They flashed out then, going who knew where. And leaving the Scooby gang in complete and total shock in the library.

"Where did they go?" Xander asked.

Giles shook his head tiredly. "Away from here," the elder watcher said. "And I hope they have a good time wherever they go."

 

Chapter 2: Olympus

"W-where are we?" Wesley asked as they appeared in a very large, ornate room.

"My home---Our home on Mount Olympus," Apollo told him once the stomach upset of transporting wore off.

"Wow!" Dawn exclaimed as she looked at Wesley. "Could you give us a tour so Wes can think? He's processing but he needs time without having more information said to him verbally."

"Sure," Apollo said gently.

He led Wes and Dawn out into the main part of Olympus where there all the gods going abut day to day things. The muses in their gauzy dresses and Dawn grinned in avarice.

"I want one of those," she said.

Apollo chuckled. "I'm sure we can do that," he said. "We just have to find out what your color is so we can have it made for you. So, anything you want to see?"

"Wesley needs to eat more. The Council keeps him on a very limited diet," Dawn said quietly.

Wesley blushed in shame and Apollo ran his hands over him again. The results he got resulted in extremely vile cursing and taking Wesley immediately to Hestia's temple.

"Hey Auntie Hes," Apollo said. "This is my son Wesley. He kind of needs to get some meat on his bones. Anything you can do to help in that?"

"Of course, dear," Hestia said. "Here, come sit down the both of you and you too Apollo, and I'll make a meal for you."

"Thanks aunty," Apollo said.

Hestia clucked gently and set out dishes for all of them and then started ladling things out of the pots and pans and setting them down on the table. It took some coaxing but Wesley finally began to eat normal sized portions and Hestia smiled at him gently. He was shy and quiet and trying not to cause a fuss and she met Apollo's gaze over the table. Both mirrored the same look: Rage at whomever had done this to a child.

"Hey, dad!" Another voice called as another God flashed in.

"Hi, Ace," Apollo said. "This is your brother, Wesley."

"Hey," the other god said. "Glad dad finally found you. Been waiting forever for that."

 

Back in Sunnydale:

"Where did they go?!?!" Buffy demanded as Apollo vanished with Dawn and Wesley.

Ares simply raised an eyebrow at her. "Why should I tell you?" he asked.

"Because I'm the Slayer!" Buffy yelled. "If anyone got to go anyplace with a God it should have been me!"

"Yeah," Xander said. "And what is with thinking Wesley deserves to be acknowledged as a God? He's a coward. He probably wanted to run away and hide!"

"Do shut up," Hades said viciously. "His father wanted to give him some peace to absorb everything. Something you children were not capable of doing. He's home now. Where he belongs."

"That little coward isn't worthy of anything and doesn't belong anywhere," Willow growled. "I want to know how to do that kind of magic! I'm a witch, I deserve to know!"

"The Hades you do," a voice said angrily.

The woman who appeared had Willow backed into a wall in fear. "I am the Queen of the Witches," the woman said. "And you do not deserve anything."

"Especially not after what you did to my son," Hades growled ominously

 

END Part 2