Title: One Family

Author: Kate R.

Email: abelard950@aol.com

Rating: PG-13 t R I think

Pairings: None yet

Summary: Hiding Dawn from Glory leads to revelations about Wesley.

Notes: Dawn is 14, I'm mucking with Time a bit

Disclaimer: Harry and co belong to JKR, Dawn, Wes and Co belong to Joss

 

One Family
By Kate R.

Prologue: On the Winding Road

Wind was building as the spell took affect. Buffy was helping to keep the rat things and Glory out; Giles was in the circle with Dawn and her protector. Giles was building the spell to take them where they needed to go. Giles was also shielding them from Willow who was trying to grab Dawn with a transport Spell. Willow had betrayed them. She was going to give Dawn to Glory but Giles would not allow that.

"Be ready, Wesley!" He called to the younger man holding Dawn to his chest. Wesley nodded and turned Dawn face to his chest and waited.

"And the traveler Flies!" Giles yelled above the roaring as the door crashed open and a black haired, black-eyed Willow floated in.

"NOOOOO!!!!" She screamed as Wesley was enveloped in a sheaf of white light, as was Giles. When the light faded, the circle was empty of all of them and it was Buffy who punched Willow, knocking her to the ground.

"Good luck, Giles," she whispered as she dragged Willow out of the attic. "Take care of Dawn, Wesley."

OOO

Cyclone of white light, wrapped around them and they tumbled through the Winding Ways. Dawn held tightly to his chest and then suddenly, the third was gone. Giles sent himself on a side curse to further throw off pursuit. Giles was going to meet Ethan who was waiting on the branch off end. Dawn clung to Wesley and they tumbled and tossed through the ways, being drawn by the link Wesley had. A link that could not be lost, a Link to safety.

Spinning air and darkness and then bright fiery light and then real air and real time and then landing and...

CRASH!!!!

"Ow," he muttered as he had landed on his back with Dawn on top of him.

"Wesley?!?!" A voice exclaimed. He looked up weakly and smiled.

"Hello, father," he said before he felt himself starting to black out. He heard another voice then, Uncle Sirius spoke to Father.

"Remus?" he heard as darkness claimed him. "You have a son?"

Chapter 1: Family?

"Wes?" he heard Dawn's voice sometimes later. "Wes, please wake up. Please? I'm scared."

Then he heard he voices. One was sounding snide and he felt he had to retort. His eyes opened and he saw his father being backed against the wall by Severus Snape. Oh, how that man irritated him.

"You know, If I had a face like yours," Wesley said irritated as he was not in the best of moods when just waking up, "I'd try to make up for it with some kind of personality."

Snape spun around and stared at Wesley who was realizing he'd only been out a few minutes by the fact they were still wherever they had landed.

"Yes, Dickhole," Wesley said. "I mean you. Where the hell do you get off putting my father down? You think you have the right to hate everyone not like you? Everyone who ever made fun of you? Hell, I was teased through most of my life for more reasons than I care to get into. Get the hell over it. SO you got teased, so what? It was more than 15 years ago. Grow. Up."

Dawn giggled and Wesley found himself being hugged by his charge.

"Dad," Wesley said. "Could you help me get up please? And then I suppose I need to tell you why we're here?"

"No, first we need to eat," Dawn said eyeing the food being brought in. "Then you can tell them why we're here. You told me you were bringing me someplace safe from Willow and Glory and this place seems to be it."

"Safest place I now is with my Father, Dawnie," Wes said as he rolled to his feet with his father's aid. "Of course, I was aiming for Lupin lodge but the blood tie brought me to him. Hence the landing here. Er....sorry about the table, headmaster."

"No problem at all, Wesley," Albus Dumbledore said as he looked at the young man who was standing next to the teenaged girl. Wesley did indeed look like his father. That was evident. "I would say welcome but I dare say you are tired of hearing inane greetings."

"Oh, always happy to know I'm welcome some place," Wesley said as he and Dawn took seats and the new table that had just appeared in the room. "Dawn, eat slowly pleas. I know Way Jumping made you hungry but I don't want you getting sick."

"Okay, Wes," Dawn said as she made a plate of the platters sitting on the table.

Wesley took a plate as well and fixed himself a sandwich. He looked at the teachers gathered around and sighed.

"Okay," he said. "We're running from an very evil with an a pissed off hell goddess. I needed a safe place for Dawn and I to go and by the way, Ripper and Ethan will be here soon as well, so I thought to use the tie to my father to get here. Or to him. I didn't know e was here. Anyway, I can take on a job if you want me to pay our way here. I can teach defensive spells as well as charms, transfiguration and Exorcism."

"Perhaps you could teach one year in each of those?" Snape said acidly.

Dawn piped up next. "Sure he can," she said. "Wes can do anything. Better than you, I bet. He even kicks Ass over tits...sorry, spike-ism, in potions. Course that is just one of his talents. My Wes can hunt Demons and vampires, read more languages than most of you know and still make a mean cup of java for his snarly boss Angelus. SO, kindly Sod Off dork man. We're doing important stuff and your little temper tantrum just doesn't impress me. I mean, heck Angelus at
Scary Evilness did so what makes you think You can?"

Dawn resumed her seat and looked at Wesley who was trying not to laugh.

Several people were staring and snickering and Dawn stuck her tongue out at Snape causing Wesley to lose it. But only when she added the raspberry.

"Dork Face," Dawn muttered as she sat. "Stupid jerk doesn't know what real Evil is. I mean I've met demons that are bad but humans who were worse than any werewolf could be. Jerk!"

A knife flew off the wall and embedded in the chair an inch from Snape's crotch. He was staring in shock as Wesley started howling with laughter.

'Guess she told you, huh Severus," was all the younger man said.

No one understood why he was laughing but then, no one knew him so it was no shock. Although, Remus was snickering a bit too.

 

END PART 1