Title: Movin’ On

Author: Kate

Feedback: abelard950@aol.com

Summary: Angel figures thing out, gets to himself together and quits his day job for the nightlife

Warning: Pre-Slash

Rating PG for now

Spoilers: Season 4 Buffy/Season 1 Angel AU

Couples: Angel/Spike eventually

Authors comments: I really don’t like the Initiative

Disclaimer: Don’t own anything used herein all belong to Joss and the lyrics used belong to Rascal Flatts. Written only for enjoyment, make no money, please don’t sue cause all you’ll get is a tropical fish and a giant snail.


Movin’ On
By Kate


“I’ve dealt with my ghosts and faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I’ve found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I’m a Peace with myself
I’ve been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long
I’m movin’ on.”

Angel looked at The Oracles hard as they stood in front of him fuming. To say he was tired of their incessant, selfish, petty attitudes was like saying a vampire was mildly affected by holy water and crosses. Angel was sick of them, which was why he was leaving. He’d finally found peace with himself and his past and it was his time as Angelus and in hell that made it possible for him to see things in a new light and to see them for what they truly were. He would not allow them to destroy the peace he’d found with himself.

“I’ve lived in this place and I know all the faces
Each one is different but they’re always the same
They mean no harm but it’s time that I face it
They’ll never allow me to change
But I never dreamed home would end up where I don’t belong
I’m movin’ on”

Angel looked around the town as he walked through it one last time. He knew all the people who lived here, had saved their lives and he was so tired of no one ever saying thank you. The Powers That Be had finally crossed the line when they almost took Doyle from him and Cordy and Wesley. They were packing up to go back to Sunnydale now, back where they were needed. Where Spike was waiting for him. Where his Childe and his mate needed him. Angel smiled as looked at one face in particular. Kate Lockely wanted to blame vampires for all the wrongs in the city. Angel wondered what she would do now that he and his team would no longer be there to pull the city out of trouble. She and people like her would never allow him to change and become something more than his past.

“I’m movin’ on
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there’s no guarantee, but I’m not alone
There comes a time in everyone’s life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days are gone”

Angel looked at his family as Fred and Gunn joined them on the curb. They all had bags for the trip and everything else had been sent on ahead to Sunnydale. Angel was dressed as Old Sex and Leather himself, Angelus. Angelus who had a score to settle with the Initiative in general and Riley Finn, Forrest and Buffy Summers in particular. It no longer mattered to Angel that Buffy was his one time love, they’d hurt Spike and when he’d gone to her and her friends for help, she began to abuse and starve him to make him help her.

Angel growled to himself thinking he wouldn’t even know this if it weren’t for Giles, Xander, Willow and Dawn calling him. Joyce had called him too, which only cemented his possible plans to return to Sunnydale. Angel was furious with those who had hurt his child and she who had abused him. He smiled as he looked down at the copy of the new laws regarding vampires. Given to him by Faith’s companion when they’d picked Faith up at her apartment. According to Ms. Blake, Vampires were citizens of the United States. Under the new laws, they had rights and were citizens. They had been before the Initiative had placed the damned chip in Spike’s head. Angel was going to make them pay for this. As Master of Sunnydale he could have them all executed. And right now at this time, he planned to do just that.

“I sold what I could and packed what I couldn’t
Stopped to fill up on my way out of town
I’ve loved like I should but lived like I shouldn’t
I had to lose everything to find out”

He looked at his team as they all got into their vehicles and smiled. It was time to go. “Lets move out guys,” Angel said. “We want to hit the gas station on the way out of town.” The group known as Angel Investigations got into their cars and drove south towards Sunnydale. Wesley rode with Angel, Faith and her companion who wanted to get to Sunnydale. While his and Angel’s motorcycles were on a trailer being pulled by Gunn’s truck where Lorne rode with Gunn and Fred. It was time to go. Time to find a new life in a place where they were needed.

Angel drove knowing that it had taken losing everything almost up to Angelus himself to make him realize what he had in his family of mortals and other beings and what he was missing in his life. Namely his childe/mate/son. Angel smiled looking at Giles’ letter telling him how Spike spoke of him with longing and resigned defeat. Spike thought his Sire/mate/father didn’t want him when nothing could have been further from the truth. Angel just hoped Spike could forgive his stupid, thickheaded Sire for this neglect.

“Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road
I’m movin’ on”

Angel hoped Spike would forgive him after he brought him the hearts of those who’d dared to harm his chosen mate. He planned to do just that. He had finally come to terms with the fact that he was a demon. It was time to act like one in regards to those who’s harmed his child. Vengeance would be his. It was time to move on from the life he’d been leading.

“I’m movin’ on”

Angel looked towards the horizon where Sunnydale was now appearing. Without care, he rammed the welcome sign down. He was moving on in his life. Starting with the retribution to all who had abused and harmed his childe, his beautiful Will. Now it was payback time.

“I’m movin’ on”



end