Title: Key Girl and Book Boy

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: not mine and never will be. Not making any money or anything so don't sue.

Rating: PG or so, maybe 13 to R later

Pairings: Dawn/Percy mainly

Summary: At a party, dawn meets someone


Key Girl and Book Boy
By Kate R.


Meetings

Dawn was bored. She'd been sitting at this table for three hours and she was bored. It wasn't enough that they had to be at this party. No, she had to be sitting next to the most boring, brainless, oafish idiot she'd ever met. What the heck was Quidditch anyway? Ad why did this guy think she'd be interested in it? UHG!! Ten more seconds and she was going to ask Angel to rip his heart out and stomp on it. Really, who did he think he was? Dawn was considering shoving her head into her bowl of soup and drowning herself just so she could escape his voice when the door to the Three Broomsticks place opened and a man walked in slowly. He looked tired and older by how he was walking but Dawn had a feeling he wasn't much older than she was.

She watched him walk over to the headmaster guy trying not to be noticed while she listened to some kid called The Boy Who Lived brag at Buffy about everything he'd done. Sheesh, didn't she know who he was? He thought surviving once when he was a baby made him special? He wasn't the Slayer.

Nope, he was just a lucky little boy who was lucky he was loved.

Dawn sighed as the mystery guy handed the headmaster something and she saw the headmaster guy smile.

"Thank you, Percy," she read his lips saying. "This is just what we need. You can resign now I you like."

"Thank you Gods," Dawn actually heard Mystery guy whisper. He turned then hearing a laugh and looked at her and Dawn felt her breath catch in her throat.

'Wow,' she thought. 'Now THAT is beautiful'

"You here, Dawn?" the ape asked.

Dawn sighed dreamily but nodded.

"Who is that?" she asked.

The Ape, AKA Ronald Weasley, turned to where Dawn was looking and snorted derisively.

"That's no one, just my prissy older brother. Ignore him, everyone else does."

"Why would you ignore him?" Dawn asked. "He's...he's..."

"Cute, Dawnie?" Tara asked.

"No, Cute does not even come close to describing him. He's so far beyond Merely Cute it isn't funny. That man is HOTT HOT!"

"No way," Ron said. "You can't mean my brother. No one thinks he's..."

"He can't be Your Brother," Dawn said in a very condescending way. "I mean he is a total babe and you...well, putting it nicely, the ape in Tarzan was cuter than you. Mostly cause it was a real ape and you just act like one."

And there was a shout of laughter from Bill, another of Ron's brothers. The man looked to see whom Dawn was talking about and Charlie, yet another Weasley brother shook his head when he realized the Mystery guy couldn't find the person.

"She means you, Perce," he called.

The man froze with a deer in headlights look and Dawn smiled shyly.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Dawn and what are you besides the man of my dreams? And did I just say that out loud? I'm sorry, I babble when in the presence of cuteness."

"P-Percy," the man stammered nervously. And his voice was so timid Dawn wanted to hurt the person that made him unsure of himself.

"Well, pull up a seat. I figure the rest of this group is your family so you have to fit here. And besides, I need rescuing from the Ape here. He's boring me to death."

And Dawn crowed when she saw the slight smile and pulled mystery guy, Percy, into the chair on her other side and then turned away from Ron and focused all her Summers Charm on him.

"I think he's in trouble," Charlie heard Angel whisper to Buffy.

"Dawn's turning on her Cuteness factor. He's lost."

"He needs to be," Charlie said quietly. "If anyone needs a good person to love them it's Percy."

"Well, the way Dawn is looking, that wont be a problem," Buffy said. "Nope, no problem at all.


END PART 1