Title: Jedi Living

Author: Xandria

Xandriaxandria1969@yahoo.com.au

Rating: NC 17+ More implied slash than anything

Fandom: Buffy/ The Phantom Menace

Spoilers: None. It's an AU, what do you expect?

Summary: A little Xander history

Feedback: Yeah baby!

Archive: Yes. Let me know where though so I can go look

Website: http://members.tripod.co.uk/macgregor/index.html

Notes: I wanted to write Xander with Obi, so there!

Disclaimers: Other people own them all (Sob!) George and Joss do anyway. Don't sue, I just finished university and am jobhunting. I own a broken clarinet, a twenty five-year-old car and I live with my parents, so you wouldn't get much.

 

Jedi Living
by Xandria


Bending over and putting the left hand on the floor while the other goes up for balance as the body is moved forward. Then as the legs are lifted that left arm is the only thing holding the body up.

Moving forward a little and raising the right hand slightly, using the Force to call your lightsaber, set to the lowest setting, as you are still unfamiliar with this exercise.

And then there is that Sith spawned drone, set to sting you if you miss it's shots, trying to protect
yourself while in that position. And you are hit, not all the time, but enough, and the drone gets faster and faster and hits you more until you fall down and lie on your back staring up at the ceiling.

"Again! Practice you must. Not always in ideal conditions when a Knight you are that you will fight." Master Yoda banged his staff close by his Padawans head and Xander stood up, stretching a little before beginning again. Qui Gonn blinked, coming out of the daydream in which he was Master Yoda's Padawan and was the one learning how to do that move.

"Master Yoda." He smiled down at his former Master as he walked over to him.

"Padawan. In classes is your Padawan?"

"Yes Master. And he is doing well in most. But in others..."

"Several years behind he is. Knew this you did when you chose him."

"I know. But I don't like to see him sad. He's doing so well, and working so hard. But he hasn't really made any friends of his own age yet."

"Time they need and friends he will make."

"Yes Master. I came to ask a favour."

"Borrow my Padawan you may. Works well with you he does. Young Skywalker he does like, and he likes him."

"And we already know how well he and Obi get on." Qui Gonn said dryly.

"Yes. Work on shielding we must do. Dreaming he has been and information I did not need I have learnt." Qui Gonn smiled at that. Yoda's Padawan was very strong in the Force, especially in projecting, while his shields, even after all this time, still needed to be strengthened on a regular basis.

"Ha! Funny you think it? Not funny when on a mission he will be and his shields are gone. Work on them we must." Qui Gonn's smile left.

"Is that why he has only been on a few?"

"Not safe for him to go when his shielding he needs more. Worked for years we have and better he is, but more must be done!" Banging his staff down for emphasis he distracted Xander, who fell down again. Yoda went over to him and began to instruct him. "Distracted you should not be! Think you in a mission quiet it is?" Xander sat there, head down, as Yoda berated him. Then he looked up and smiled suddenly as Yoda said something else Qui Gonn couldn't hear and Xander stood up and ran off.

"He is doing well, Master."

"Happy I am with all my Padawans. Proud of them I am. Only one problem, Xander has."

"You don't think that him and Obi..." Master Yoda's staff came down with another thump.

"Ha! Problems that aren't there you should not make! His confidence I am talking of. Too long he was with his family before to the Temple he came. Memories he has are bad and other dreams he cannot shield I know of. Help him with them and his confidence will be more and stronger will be his shields."

"But with all that he has done over the years. Best in many of his classes, special advanced training..." Yoda's ears went down.

"Convinced he is still because my Padawan he is that."

"What?!"

"El Boca is world his family is from. Del Inferno their religion is. Know you he was four when you rescued him?" Qui Gonn nodded.

"His life till then, bad it was. Force is evil his family believe, Del Infernians sacrifice children with ability on fifth birthday."

"I know this Master. That's why when I crashed there and discovered Xander I had to take him with me."

"Habit you have made of rescuing young children, hmmm?"

"Master?"

"In City they lived, Sunnydale, also believed that they could rescue children by beating it out of them. Beaten every day Xander was. Told how worthless he was and he would be condemned forever for having the Force. Made to repress any ability he had. Healed him we have. Loved he is. Worthy he is. But unsure of himself he is still."

"So why did you allow Obi to give him the braid?"

"Because of that I did. You I would not have. Other Padawans I would not have. That extra Xander needed. I tell him I believe in him and he believes yet does not. Obi in passing tells him I do and more self-confidence already he has. Anakin good for him is. Help each other they will as in common they have much. Instruct your Padawan my Padawan will. Healed together they will then be."

"Yes Master."

ELSEWHERE IN THE TEMPLE

"Xander!" He winced and stopped, turning to smile at Anya. Since she had first seen him she had been determined that he would be her boyfriend and was always trying to convince him to make love to her. The fact that he liked guys, had always liked guys and was committed to Obi Wan didn't seem to register. She thought a little Anya loving would convince him to go with girls. He shuddered. If it wasn't for Willow and Tara, he would be shunning girls altogether by now after some of her attempts.

"Anya. What brings you to this particular corridor?" He said nervously.

"I hear Kenobi is away on a mission. We can have sex!"

"Anya! What is it with you? I love Obi and he loves me. We are together..."

"You can't be together until you become a knight Xander. And I'm going to do my best to convince you that you should be with me!" She turned and moved angrily down the hall.

"You know if any of the Senators had half her stubbornness..." Xander swung around to see Wesley, his year mate.

"Yeah, well, if she would focus on you instead of me we'd both be happy." Wesley currently had a crush on Anya but she totally ignored him in her chase after Xander.

"Somehow I doubt that will happen, Xander. Maybe I should try for a boyfriend again for a while. Think I would have any chance with Master Jinn?" Xander stopped and stared at his friend in amazement. Wes stared back and then his lips began to twitch and then both Padawans were laughing.

"Force that was good, Wes. But hey! Master Yoda just gave me the rest of the day off since Obi's getting back from Naboo tonight. Want to see the surprise I have for him?" Xander slung an arm around his friend and they began to walk down the hall together.

"Naboo?"

"Yeah. Master Jinn finally got permission from the Jedi council to get Ani's mother. Master Yoda said something about the Force willing it so. Me, I think he was getting tired of having Master Jinn bring it up every meeting..."

END PART 2