Title: It Was Written

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: not mine, so not mine.

Rating: PG-13 to R

Fandom: Buffy/Hercules

Pairings: Giles/Ethan, Xander/Spike, Angelus/Wes, D/?

Summary: a prophecy beings about change for the gods and averts the twilight


It Was Written
by Kate R.


Prologue: Boredom

It was a quiet day in the temple of War. It had been a quiet day everywhere, actually. Ares was sitting on his throne, just relaxing and thinking. Beside him was his nephew Strife. Strife had been playing tricks but it seemed even he felt the lethargy. God it was so BORING!

"I'm bored, Strife," Ares said. "I think everyone is. Nothing is happening and it's starting to drive us all mad."

"Yeah," Strife agreed. He watched as his Uncle Ares sat and thought.

"Bored," the God of War muttered. "Bored, bored, bored."

A bright flash of light filled the temple then and they stared as there seemed to be a fight of some kind going on.

"What the hell?" he muttered to himself as he saw it. He knew those were demons and eh knew the people and by people he meant the Bacchai too, were fighting them but what he couldn't figure out was what had gone wrong?

"A little help form the armed people would be good here," a bleached blond called.

Ares reacted finally, drawing out power and hurling it at the demons, incinerating them with fireballs. Once that was done he faced the newcomers who all seemed ot be looking as confused as he was.

"We don't know how we got here," the apparent leader said. "one minute we were fighting in out home town, the next minute were here in what appears to be Ancient Greece."

"Judging by your memories, this IS Ancient Greece. My name is Ares."

"The God of War?" another one asked. He nodded and watched as the man, no Bacchai, led a human over to him.

"This is Wesley. He is a warrior but he doesn't believe it about himself."

Ares scanned the young human and stopped after moment and smiled.

"He's right," Ares told Wesley. "You Are a warrior. Best get used to it."

"I am?" the man asked.

"You are," Ares affirmed. "Trust me, son I know Warriors. I am the God of War after all. So, you all appear to be from a Hellmouth. This should be just charming to explain to Father."

"Well, Unc," Strife said. "At least we aren't bored anymore."


END PROLOUGE