Title: Immortal War/Immortal Peace

Author: Kate R.

Disclaimer: not mine and never will be.

abelard950@aol.com

Rating: PG-13 to R

Pairings: Giles/Ethan, Angelus/Wes (So far)

Summary: A new person comes to the Hellmouth. Will it still be standing when he leaves?


Immortal War/Immortal Peace
by Kate R.


Leaving his old life behind had been easier than he'd thought it would be. He'd known for quite some time before he'd left that his time there was finished but he'd been held there. Held by one man's selfishness and refusal to see that change was inevitable and the ways of the past did not
always work in the present.

The traveler sighed as he approached the sign. He'd hiked from New York to California just because he'd wanted to. He knew where he was going and he knew how to survive. Also, he did not want to be found right now. He could be tracked if he hose to use money or, more aptly, the credit cards he had. The only person who knew where he was at this time was Methos. The Eldest knew because he'd told him where he was going when he left.

He sighed as he passed the sign and headed into the town. He had no idea what this place had in store for him, just that whatever it was, he
had to be ready to face it.

Too long the Peacemaker, but not so long that he'd lost his edge. Duncan would never know what had really happened to Felecia Martins or
several of the others. He was a man of Peace yes, or at least, he had been. But, long before that, longer still before Duncan had been born, he had been The Man of War. And now, he was again called into service. Something had gone wrong here. Something he now had to fix.

He walked to a real estate office and looked at some properties. He knew what he was looking for and he found it in a matter of minutes. Room for the shrine he'd need to build, a pool for swimming as he enjoyed that exercise, many room for his books and his stile. The Brew Masters art could not be forgotten here, not for any reason. His art supplies could be set up here and so could his music. Yes, this place would suit him just fine.

And he walked through his new home a few hours later and smiled as he thought. A new life, an old trust, a call to War and his Father's need. This was where they'd all intersect: Guardian, Warrior, Immortal, Son of War and Peace, Ares' Right Hand, Ares' flame, Ares' Child.

He was Darius. And this is who and what he was.



END PROLOGUE