Title: Hot Showers And Cold Baths

Author: michelle/shelly

E-mail: mwkpdp@prodigy.net, mlwilkins@ucdavis.edu

Distribution: archives. or anywhere, just let me know

Rating: NC17. m/m sex. Xander/Spike

Pairing: Spike/Xander

Summary: birthday fic for the WONDERFUL laure.

Disclaimer: all belong to j. whedon and the wb/fox. just having non-profit fun.

Spoilers: S4 Spike. S1 Angel.

Authors note: bday fic challenge for the o so great LAURE: its hot. how do they cool off? incorporate sarha mclauchlan song lyrics from BUILDING A MYSTERY, chilled white zinfandel wine, scented candles, Edy's dreamery icecream, the electricity goes out. optionals used: smut(of *course*),water(a summer storm),oriental fans,character reading poetry,character recites a line from South Park, Rose petals

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HOT SHOWERS, COLD BATHS

By Michelle/Shelly

 

It was hot.

Crazy-middle-of-it's-*supposed*-to-be-*fall*-California-hot.

Or hellmouth hot.

Which ever didn't really matter. Xander just knew it was *hot* and the weather man that had told him the high today wouldn't get past 85 degrees was a fucking *liar* or an idiot. Probably both. He had just pulled his latest polyester work shirt off and began to wipe his sweating brow with it when the skies opened up and let loose a deluge of rain.

*Warm* rain.

Just that quick. No darkening of skies, no rumble of thunder, no nothing, just *rain*.

"Well hell." Xander muttered, looking up at the still bright sky. He remembered thinking how cool it was when it rained and the sun was still shinning as a kid. ((look at the rainbows! follow the rainbows!)) Now he only thought about how much like a *sauna* it was when it rained and the sun was still out. And he didn't *care* to take a sauna at this particular moment, thank you very much. Especially not while walking home from a shit job and fully clothed.

Thank god he was close to Giles' house.

Xander sprinted the block to Giles' place and banged on the door.

No answer.

"Shit!" He started to walk away when it hit him: This was *Giles* place. He had a *key* to Giles' place! They *all* did. (Please, I *implore* you, *knock* first, and only use it in emergencies!)). Well a wet, hot, cranky, Xander, caught in an unexpected rainstorm *was* an emergency as far as Xander thought. He pulled out his key ring and fished through until he found it. Xander unlocked the door and stepped inside the air-conditioned haven. He shut the door behind him, closed his eyes and leaned against it, taking in a deep breath. . . and smelling. . . jasmine? Honeysuckle? What the fuck *was* that?

Xander opened his eyes again and moved further into the dimly lit apartment.

Oops. Maybe he *shouldn't* have just come on in. But he was *here*. And out *there* was bad. He took a breath, held it, and walked into the living room.

And let it out with a gasp. And a chuckle. And then full on laughter.

Spike held his gaze, outraged, at having been caught.

And caught he was.

The room was lit with flickering candlelight. *Scented* candles, at that. Xander choked on a summery-scented-induced sneeze. The vampire lay on Giles' couch, a bottle of White Zinfandel on the coffee table, next to a half empty *glass*. *Spike* drank chilled wine from a *glass*?

"Don't you *knock*?"

Xander laughed again, stopping only when he had to sneeze again. "I *did* knock. No answer."

Spike was about to say something when the faint click of the CD changer sounded and he rushed to the stereo to turn it off. But not before Xander caught the beginnings of Sarah Mclachan's BUILDING A MYSTERY.

"Oh, no! Don't stop it on *my* account, Spike! Thanks to Willow, I *love* this song. Really, I do. 'You come out at night, that's when the energy comes and the dark side's light and the vampires roam, you strut your rasta wear and your suicide poem and a cross from a faith that died-"

"Shut up!"

Xander stopped singing and looked at Spike with wide innocent eyes. "What? I do a *damn* fine Sarah!" Xander chuckled again and moved to the couch, he picked up the half empty glass of wine before sitting down. He drained the glass and leaned over to set it on the table, pulling a book from beneath his ass before sitting back down, feet on the table. He looked at the leather bound book and then looked at Spike.

"Hell, Spike. What all did that chip *do* to you?"

Spike moved forward, snatching the leather bound book from Xander and sitting next to him. "What? A vampire can't have a relaxing night at the Slayer's Watcher's home just reading?" He poured himself another glass of wine and sipped at it, giving Xander a defiant look.

"Um. . .I'll go with *no* on that for my finial answer, Reg. Scented candles? Sonnets From the Portuguese? *Sarah Mclachan*?" Xander looked from Spike to the coffee table. His eyes widened and he reached over to grab a mostly empty bowl. He brought the bowl close to his chest and the spoon to his open mouth and tasted. His eyes rolled back into his head in ecstasy. "Edy's dreamery icecream! No! This is *not* how a vampire should spend a relaxing evening! This is how Willow and *Tara* spend a relaxing evening!"

"Listen, you-"

The stereo began again. Sarah's sweet voice began to pour out of the speakers once again, causing Xander to giggle. "You hit 'replay'. Not 'stop'. You really shou-"

The stereo stopped.

The lights went out.

Fine. All that was fine.

The only bad thing was, the reassuring, ever present, never really heard or really *appreciated*, hum of the air conditioning stopped.

"Oh. My. God."

"What?" Spike took a quick look around the room, expecting something horrible. He saw nothing to be worried about.

"The air!"

Spike sniffed. "What about it?"

"It's gone! The electricity's out!"

Spike quirked an eyebrow. "Don't need electricity for air, pet. It's one of the few things you yanks *have* kept free."

"But I'm *hot*!"

It was Spike's turn to laugh. "You're *okay*, luv. I wouldn't go so far as to call you *hot*, but go ahead and build up that lagging' self esteem of yours."

Xander shot Spike a dirty look. "*No*. The air *conditioner* has stopped. No electricity, no conditioned air!"

"What? The bloody thing has been on all day! It'll be fine."

"No it won't. No trees shading us. The hot rain still going. It's going to be as hot as hell in here in about half an hour."

"Oi! You whine too much, whelp! It'll be fine!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

half an hour later. . .

"Just go ahead and stake me, whelp! I'm not up to the fires of hell."

Xander lay on the floor fanning him self with the Oriental fan decorated with *naughty* pictures that he had found on one of Giles many bookcases. "No stake for you, Spike. 'It'll be *fine*', isn't that what you said?"

Spike stopped rolling the now *not* chilled bottle of wine across his brow. "Respect my authoritai!, whelp, and *stake* me!"

Xander chuckled. "Nice Cartman, Spike." Xander rose and took off his shoes. "But no stake for you." He sat down in a chair and began to take off his socks. "Where's Giles' anyway?"

"He went to Vegas for the weekend."

"Really? Vegas? What are *you* doing here?"

"I'm house sitting, of course!"

Xander was too hot to laugh, but he did anyway. "When's the moving van gonna get here?"

"What? What moving van?"

"The one you hired to haul all of Giles' stuff out of here so you can sell it."

Spike lifted his head from the back of the couch to smile at Xander. "Good idea, pet. Nice. But me an' the Watcher have a blood and money for services rendered deal going. Easier than robbing him blind."

"Um, yeah. I guess that *would* be easier." Xander rose from the chair and began to undo his pants. He walked towards the bathroom, leaving Spike roasting in his own juices.

"Hey! And just where are you going? I'm *responsible* for this place, you know! I can't let you just go mucking about!"

"Sure you can. I won't tell."

Spike sat idle for all of six seconds before he jumped up and went to follow Xander.

He found the boy sitting naked on the rim of the tub as it filled with water. Candles were lit all around the room, bathing the small room in scented light.

"Hey! *Naked*, here!"

Spike leaned against the doorframe. "Yes, you are. And not bad with it." He looked at the tub. Rose petals floated in the water. "Expecting company, pet?"

"Huh?"

"Rose petals?"

"Oh. Yeah. All ready there. Giles must have a life outside of us. Who'd have thought?" Xander shrugged his shoulders and turned off the water. "Kay. You can *leave* now. I'm going to soak in an icy bath. Don't need Spike help." With that proclamation Xander stepped into the icy water. He winced as cold water met over heated skin. He gritted his teeth and slowly sank in, wincing as each icy bit of water covered his body. Once he was on his knees in the tub he just closed his eyes and plunged in. "Shit! Fuck! Cold! Cold! Fucking *cold*. Ah. Yes. Good. Ohh. Okay, now. Nice. Nice and cold. ummm.." Xander sat down and leaned back against the blow up pillow suctioned to the back of the tub. How very nice. How comfy. He'd have to get one of these pillow things. . .

A splash took Xander from his blow up pillow musings. He opened his eyes and looked into the face of a grinning Spike. He quickly became conscious of Spike legs rubbing on either side of his. Naked Spike legs against *his* naked legs. "*What* are you doing in my icy bath?!"

Spike grinned and splashed a spray of cold water into Xander's face. "You made it look so *inviting*, pet. And I'm hot too! Have you forgotten about your vampire housemate? *I* get to room temperature! What? You want me to *cook*?"

"I don't want you to do anything except get out of *my* refreshing tub bath!"

Spike rubbed his legs along Xander's. "It's the *watchers* tub, and *I* have more right to be here than *you*, whelp." Spike closed his eyes and leaned back. "I'm the house-sitter, not you."

"Yeah, well!" Xander began and then stopped.

"Yeah, well, what, Xan?"

"Well, nothing. Nothing. I've nothing to say." Xander closed his eyes and leaned back once again. "I'm fine. I'm cool and comfy. I'm fine, really. Invade my icy tub if you want, Spike. Do what you want, Spike. I'm cool and collected now, Mr. Sarah-Barrett-Browning-boy. *Fuck* you."

The icy wave of water caught Xander full in the face, mid-taking a breath-now-, and he choked and coughed a bit. He opened startled eyes to see Spike.

Spike up and close and all personal like. Right next to him and grinning. About a half of a half of an inch from his face. And grinning. Xander blinked water out of his eyes. Spike was still *there*. "What?"

"Fuck you? Really? Can I, pet? Why thank you. All we vampires need is an invitation!"

And then Spike swooped in and kissed him. Just that quick. No darkening of the room. No rumble of thunder. No warning of *intent*. No nothing. Just a kiss.

*Kissed* him.

Deep and with *tongue*.

Deep and with tongue and *sweeping* around and into his mouth. Rubbing along and then pulling away and coming back in and licking and tasting and pulling out and then *thrusting* back in and. . .And *damn*. Xander just let his tongue play back. A kiss *this* good *deserved* reciprocation. No matter *who* or *what* initiated it. This kiss was hot and wet and cold and tingly and all the things a kiss could and should be all at *once*.

"But. . ." Xander gasped out once Spike drew back from the kiss.

Spike thrust his closed mouth against Xander's opened one in a quick kiss. "But, *what*, pet?"

Xander gasped again, drawing in much needed breath. "But I wanted to cool *off*."

Spike laughed and licked Xander's lips. "Sorry, but, no, pet. We'll cool off later. *After* we heat up this water." And then Spike thrust his tongue back into Xander's open and dazed mouth as his hand went down to take hold of the mortal's growing erection. Spike grinned at the handful of Xander he held, despite the icy water. He nuzzled Xander's neck, licking his way to Xander's ear. "What happened to *shrinkage*, Xander?" Spike murmured into Xander's ear.

"Um," Xander thrust up into Spike's hand. "*You* did, I guess."

"How lucky for me, then. I never *did* like presents in small packages, despite what they say." Spike smiled at him and then ducked his head under the water. Xander gasped out loud when he felt the cool wetness of Spike's mouth swallow him whole, his rough tongue sweeping across his tightly drawn sac, so harsh and yummy, even surrounded by water Xander's hands went to and grabbed hold the sides of the tub and he arched up and thrust further into Spike's mouth.

Spike came up grinning, his hand still working at Xander's cock. "Um, pet. You're dripping. I think you *like* me."

Xander's eyes widened. "You think so. *Like* you? It's not just that Hoover-like mouth of yours?"

Spike grinned and pouted a bit. "You're right. Maybe it *is*, just my, undeniably, talented mouth." Spike took two fingers and placed them at Xander's ass. He grinned as he slowly pushed them into Xander.

"Um! I don't think you should *do* that!" Xander gasped out, sinking further down on Spike's finger's

Spike nodded, reaching up to kiss Xander and thrusting his tongue in. He pulled his mouth back as his fingers went deep, finding and rubbing along Xander's prostate. "No. I shouldn't do this. It's very wrong and *bad* of me. I'm so *bad*, Xander." Spike lapped his tongue along Xander's mouth again. "I'm so bad, Xander. Fuck me better, pet?"

Xander's head went up and down as he moved his ass up and down on Spike's fingers. "Yes!" He gasped out. He bit his lip, holding back his cry of pleasure. "Yes! You're such a bad--*um*, bad man!" Xander's hands went to Spike's shoulders as the vampire moved over and between his thighs. Spike took hold of his hard cock and placed it at Xander's stretched opening. He bent his head and thrust his tongue into Xander's mouth as he thrust his hips forward and moved his cock into Xander, sinking in until his balls rested against the cleft of Xander's ass. "Umm," Spike moaned, biting down on Xander's lower lip. He pulled out, leaving only the head of his cock in side of the youth, biting his lip again, before thrusting in again. Xander's legs wrapped around him, holding tight. Spike wrapped his arms around the boy and began to fuck him. Hard and fast, thrusting in and out, splashing water across Giles' bathroom rug. Faster and harder.

"Harder, Spike. Faster, Spike!" Xander gasped out. "*Fuck* me!"

Spike bent his head to nuzzle and lick at Xander's throat as he fucked him harder and faster, thrusting in and out as the boy wished.

Spike's arms wrapped around Xander's shoulders and pulled him close as his hips pounded into the dark eyed, dark haired mortal, splashing water all over Giles' once pristine bathroom.

"It's good for you, isn't is, Xander? You want it, don't you Xander? Want *me*, don't you Xander?"

"Yes, yes, and yes." Xander thought, maybe yelled. . . he didn't know. He just wrapped his legs tighter around the pounding hips of his fucking vampire. Did he want a *spoken* answer? Xander *hoped* not, because he could barley *breath* let alone speak. He was thinking that, hoping that, his grasping legs and arms did the speaking for him. And then he tightened all over Spike, pulled and held him close, shot all over Spike's hand as it jacked him in time with the pounding thrusts in his ass. . .came all over the two of them.

"Um, yes, pet. . .cum all over me. . . that's it. Fuck me back.

. .

And that was Spike. *Spike* whispering in his ear.

"Yes!" Xander managed to gasp that out. "Yes!" Yes. Fuck me. Yes. Fuck me. Yes. Make me come. Make me come all over you. Xander rose up and latched his mouth to Spike's neck and bit down, hard, drawing and *tasting* blood.

"Shit!" Spike thrust in and came. Hard. "Yes!" He thrust his cock deep into Xander's ass and his neck against Xander's mouth. "Oh, *hell*, yes. Xander. Yes!" Spike stilled and came. He moved his mouth to Xander's and rested it there. Tasting and licking. Breathing in and tasting it. Spike let his body rest. He lay against Xander, without thought. Just wanting to be still and take in the moment. His smile curved against the young mortal's shoulder as he felt Xander's arms and legs wrap around him, going even tighter, protective and *loving*.

"We're gonna have to clean up Giles' bathroom, you know, Spike. I'll wash the tub of our, um, ickyness, but *you* wash the towels and rugs."

Spike didn't lift his head, but he bit softly into Xander's shoulder. "Why do *I* get the rugs?" Spike asked, pulling from Xander's shoulder.

Xander chuckled, rocking against Spike. "*Who* seduced *whom*? It's *your* fault the rugs are all wet!"

Spike still didn't move his head from Xander's shoulder. Pleased the other man wasn't going the totally freaked route. He couldn't help but tweak it a bit. "You *wanted* me pet."

Xander remained quite for a moment and then he snorted. "Yeah. But *I* was gonna wait until *after* the bath!"

End