Title: Help Arrives

Author: Caliadragon

caliadragon@myself.com

Fandom: Buffy/X-Men

Category: AU

Parts: 1/1

Pairing: None

Rating: R

Disclaimer: Not Mine

Warnings: Mentions of Rape and Abuse

AN: This is set at the end of Season 3 on Buffy and after X1, from there it's very AU. There won't be much in common with canon. Xander is Logan's son.

Summary: The group from Sunnydale arrives and more of Xander's past comes to light.

Thanks to Edi for the beta.

Series: Part 3 of A New Family For Xander series.

A New Home and A Vampire Comes Calling can be found at: http://www.brain-insane.com/beyondcanon/viewstory.php?sid=370http://www.brain-insane.com/beyondcanon/viewstory.php?sid=370



Help Arrives
By Caliadragon


After he hung up the phone, Xander climbed off the bed, went into the bathroom and began throwing up. "Go ge t Jean," Logan ordered the two teens.

Before they could leave the room, the door opened and Hank and Jean came in. Hank walked past them and into the bathroom. They could all hear the murmur of voices. A few minutes later, Hank was helping a shaky and pale Xander back over to the bed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen," Xander said remorsefully.

"This was not your fault Xander," Jean told him firmly.

"But she could have gotten Bobby," Xander protested.

"She never even made a move for me. She was only interested in you," Bobby said.

"Rest, Xander, you need to sleep, don't worry about it for now," Logan told him.

"I'm afraid," Xander whispered.

Jean knew why, "That's why Hank gave you that medicine. I know why you're upset. The pills will make it possible for you to sleep without nightmares."

Xander nodded then looked at Logan shyly. "Would you stay with me? Just until I fall asleep?"

Logan agreed and shooed everyone else out of the room. Xander knew that he wasn't acting like himself, but he was in shock. He had been so happy and felt so safe. Now she had come. It was bad enough that she'd killed Kyle. Why couldn't she just leave him alone?

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Logan stayed with Xander throughout the night. Even though Xander had taken the drugs that Jean had given him, Logan knew that Xander had dreamed. Near late morning, he called Bobby in and had him stay with Xander while he went down to meet with the newly arrived group from Sunnydale.

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

When Logan and the others gathered in Charles' office, Charles finally explained why Dru was too much for them to handle. "The reason we could not take on the vampire is because she is a witch as well as a vampire. We surprised her yesterday, but that won't happen again. She will be ready for us to make some sort of defence of Xander."

Angel nodded. "She's a seer, as well as being absolutely insane. There is very little chance that we will be able to overcome her. I can only hope that now that Spike and I have come here, she will turn away from her obsession and come to us. If she does we'll contain her and move on from there. If she doesn't, we'll fight her magic to magic and dust her."

The other Scoobies agreed. "Who was Kyle?" Logan asked suddenly.

The group turned to look at him and there was sadness on all of their faces. "Kyle was Xander's first and only lover. Dru killed him. After what happened between Xander and Jesse, we were afraid that he would never recover, but then Kyle came back last year and they got together. Three months into their relationship, Dru returned and killed him. It devastated Xander," Willow answered sadly. There were tears slowly sliding down her face. They had all thought they would lose Xander to his grief over that.

"Why don't we just dust her? It would be better for Xander," Logan growled angrily. He had only just found his son and he wasn't about to let some undead bitch continue to haunt him. If he had his way, he would never again hear the screams from Xander that he had heard the day before.

"That's something I've been wondering myself," Spike said angrily, looking over at Angel. The elder vampire looked at him and nodded. It was time to take care of Dru one way or another. He knew that he could no longer allow his guilt over Dru's turning to sway him from killing her, if it meant protecting the boy.

"There is one thing I would like to know. Why is Xander so blase about his wounds and scars?" Scott asked his cousin.

It was Willow that answered. "Xander survives by putting everything into perspective. I know you are telling the truth about how he reacted to Dru being here, but in a few days you won 't be able to tell that he was upset or hurt. It has always been his way. Xander's parents, or what we thought were Xander's parents, beat him since he was little. I mean really little. The only way Xander survived was to put it away in a dark part of himself. The happy, enthusiastic Xander that everyone sees is real, but it hides a great deal of trauma," Willow explained through her tears.

Xander was a strong person and someone she loved more than life itself, but she was certain he would bounce back given the chance to heal from the latest kick that life had given him.



The End For Now