Title: Harry potter and the Teacher from Hell

Author: Kate R

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: not mine and never will be

Rating: PG-13 to R, slash

Pairings: Wes/Angelus

Summary: hard to say AU Harry Potter from Books 2, no Lockhart, and the Ascension went badly in Sunnydale leaving only Angel, Spike, Xander, Dawn, Giles and Wesley. Giles goes to Ethan; Wes takes the others back to his old job, which has been open since professor Quirell met his unfortunate end.



Harry potter and the Teacher from Hell
by Kate R


1: Train Ride to the Future

"Come on, Percy," George Weasley said. "You want your badge back, you know what you have to do."

"Stop it!" Ginny Weasley cried. "Leave him alone! Just because you're jealous that you'll never be as smart as he is!"

"Oh, but his place in life is on his knees for us. He belongs there, gin. You know how we feel about people who are too smart. He wants his badge back, he knows what he's gotta do."

"Fred, please," Percy whispered as he felt George's hands pushing down on his shoulders.

"STOP IT!" Ginny screamed loudly. She knew Ron would be as bad if not worse than the twins were but she didn't think they'd bring this abuse out here.

The door to the compartment was jerked open a moment after her scream and a man stood there. He looked angry as hell.

"Is there a problem here?" the man asked. He was tall and stood leaning against the doorway to the compartment. His face had a cold expression as he looked at the twins.

"You two have to be Fred and George," the man said. "I'd advise you to let go of your brother, give him back whatever you took from him and get out of here. Unless of course you want to lose 100 points...each before we even get to the school."

"Who are you?" Fred asked as George shoved Percy really hard against the wall and tried to stare the man down.

"I'm Professor Pryce," the man said. "I'm titled as Orion by the Aurorers and to students I like I'm Wesley."

"O-Orion?" Fred asked swallowing hard.

"Yes," the man said and his voice was a hiss of cold rage. "I am Orion. I am not a man you want any angrier than I already am. So, if you please, leave the compartment before I hurt you."

"Teachers can't hurt students," George squawked.

"Oh, but you see, I can give discipline if I think it's called for. Now, leave boy. I'm neither amused nor intimidated by you. You can leave or I can throw you out. Your choice."

The two burly boys stormed out and Wesley looked down at his former student who looked like he'd hit his head harder than anyone realized. "Percy?" he asked. "Are you okay?"

"Professor Pryce?" the young man asked timidly.

"Yes," Wesley said. "And I believe I told you to all me Wesley?"

"I thought you...you left and it was...."

"I am sorry about that," Wesley said. "It wasn't my choice. I was put on assignment. Now, come on, get up and let's have a look at that cut. Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. Nothing new."

"That better be the last time they try it," Wesley muttered. "Here, let me heal this. And you are?"

"I'm Ginny...Virginia Weasley," she said. "You're the teacher from Percy's first two years."

"Yes, and I'm back now so can someone fill me on what's been going on the last three years? No, never mind that can wait. Percy, get some sleep. I'll be here if you need me. Ginny? Could you go next door and tell the people there where I am so they don't worry?"

"Sure," the girl said. She came back with another girl and Wesley chuckled.

"Hello, Dawn. Enjoying the ride?" he asked.

The girl snickered and nodded tossing Wes a shiny piece pf silver that re recognized as a prefect's badge.

"I got...well, Angelus got this off one of those two apes in the hallway. He said he thinks it belongs to the person they were tormenting."

"Thank you, Dawn," Wesley said. "Percy? Is this yours?"

"Yes sir," the boy answered.

"Well, I'm glad. And I'm very proud of you," Wesley said. "Now, tell me about life?"

And he settled in, watching over the young man he saw so much of himself in. Something told him this boy was his apprentice. That figured. After looking five years, the boy was right here.

At sunset, as they were approaching Hogwarts, two men came to the door and looked at Wes.

"Should we wake Xander up?" one asked. "We're about there."

"Yes," Wesley said. "Please. Well ladies and gent, lets be going inside now."

And they disembarked from the train heading for a new life and a new school year.


END PART 1