Title: Four Better Than One

Author: Kate R

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: JKR owns the HP people, Joss the Buffy ones and anyone else I might use to their respective creators.
.
Rating: PG-13 to R

Pairings: none yet except maybe Giles/Ethan

Summary: Dawn sends Willow away and calls replacements....Oops.



Four Better Than One
by Kate R


Calling

"That's the last time, Willow," Dawn growled. "You don't get to do it again. First Buffy and this bad idea, then Giles hen he and Ethan stopped you, well.....no more! I am the Key and I open doorways. So, I'm opening one for you now. I'm sending you away, to a place where you wont come back. I'm sending your bitch ass to hell where it belongs!"

AND Dawn's eyes glowed green and everyone still conscious stared as a rift opened behind the red headed witch and these shadowy...things reached out and grabbed her. She screamed as she was dragged away then. Screamed as she was taken into the darkness. And then, Dawn's head came up and she looked to the sky.

"Four I call to take her place!" She intoned. "Four of Red and Four of Powers Old. Curses, Creatures, Animals, healers, I call thee all to me. I call Four As Better than one of Ego, Four of Power to balance the Darkness. I call thee now, four to Come as I summon. Four to come now!"

And there were three flashes and three people were standing looking disoriented.

"Okay," Xander said. "So, where's the fourth one?"

At that moment, one of the people, all three were redheads, looked up and her face blanched white.

"Bill?" she asked weakly. The tallest of the three looked up and his face paled too.

"Oh," the one in glasses said.

"Holy," Bill said next.

"SHIT!" The girl cried. "Everyone Duck!"

"What is that?" Tara asked as the man Bill knocked her to the ground, along with Xander and Anya.

"It's a dragon," Bill said as he saw the creature seemingly stuck in a dive. "And we need to hope Charlie can pull it up before he crashes."

"Charlie?" Dawn asked as the one in glasses took her and Spike to the ground.

"The fourth one," the girl said as she tackled Giles and Ethan.

"It figures it would be the four of us. The ones no one cares about the Slytherins and Bill please don't start on me about Draco. He likes me, okay?"

"I didn't say a word," Bill said as he looked up. "Come on, Charlie. You can do this. I know you can do this."

He ducked lower though, knowing the lower to the ground they were, the more time they gave Charlie. At about three seconds from impact, the dragon was suddenly pulled up. Bill, Dawn knew him, looked at the man and they all saw the look of effort it took to pull the dragon up. He flew it off and Bill led them after it. He knew Charlie would be shaken. So did Gin and Perce, he'd bet as they ran with the people who'd been around them when they'd arrived. He just hoped Charlie stayed in one place.

They got to where the dragon had landed, a park bill thought, and they saw Charlie was still sitting on the dragon's saddle, his hands in a death grip on the reins and harness.

"What, having trouble with the steering on that thing?" Dawn heard Xander ask. She winced inwardly when the man she'd figured had to be Bill turned and made a guttural snarl in Xander's direction that was delivered with a glare that would boil water.

"Shut up you insensitive clod!" The girl screamed at him. Xander stood stunned as the three redheads made their way over to the fourth and Giles gently touched his shoulder.

"Xander," the Englishman said. "That was not a good thing to say."

"Huh?" the youth asked.

"Think of it like this, how would you feel if someone made a comment to you like that after the brakes on your car failed. How would you feel?

And when you get that feeling, add to it the fact that what you are driving is alive, 4000 pounds heavier than a car and breathes fire and then tell me how much you'd be afraid if it crashed? That was not funny and it was not appropriate."

"Sorry, Giles, guess I didn't think."

"No you didn't," Giles said. "And you may hate me for saying this but you need to learn to."

The youth nodded and Giles turned to look at the four Dawn had summoned. They were all now looking at the Scoobies in the same curious way.

"Uhm...oops?" Dawn said.

"Oops what?" Bill asked as he looked around. 'Where the hell are we?"

"Like I said," Dawn said quietly. "Uhm...oops."



END PART 1