Title: Death Sealed III

Author: Caliadragon

Fandom: Buffy

Catagory: AU

Pairings: Spike/Xander

Archive: Any List I send it to, those with previous permission and my archive.

Disclaimer: Not mine never will be.

Warnings: Mentions of Death and Rape

AN: Set not long after the First has been defeated. Faith is a vamp. The LA crew is in Sunnydale. Spike is souled, but not chipped. He still has moments of dementia.

Summary: Xander learns of his change and Spike's love.

Thanks to Edi for the beta


Death Sealed III
by Caliadragon



Lost in the distance
Light leads the way
Lost in the distance
My dreams are granted anyway


Spike went to Xander and helped him sit up. He knew that Xander must be feeling the strain of hunger. The boy, his equal, would never be a Childe to him. He should have known; the signs had all been there. The fact that Xander was a demon magnet should have been enough of a clue that he was a true vampire.

Spike was unsure what to do. He knew that the spell to return Xander's soul was useless and unneeded. It wasn't commonly known or even talked about, but on rare occasions vampires like Xander were created. Creatures that had been powerfully drawn to the supernatural as humans. When turned, their souls remained, and they were extremely powerful. The creatures barely lasted beyond rebirth, because most vampires immediately destroyed these Childer for fear of what they could become.

Legend had it that Alexander the Great was the first of such creatures, and that his maker had had no choice but to destroy him, because Alexander hated his maker and wanted to destroy the evil that he was. Would Xander do this? Spike was unsure, but he knew that the boy needed to feed, and his first time could not be on animal blood if Xander was to remain strong. So Spike lay on the cot beside Xander and pressed the boy to him.

"Spike, what is it? What's wrong?" Xander was confused and suddenly afraid. Then he began to take stock of himself. Mentally he felt no different. He was still himself. Confused, afraid and ashamed. Physically he knew he should be in much worse shape. His body should be one massive ache. After all he had been beaten and gang raped the night before. Or had it been longer? Is that why he didn't hurt? Then as details began to crowd in on him he realized that he wasn't breathing. He was a vampire!

Spike felt it the minute Xander realized what he was. The boy stiffened, then began to shake uncontrollably. "Xander, forgive me, Xander, please don't hate me?" Spike begged as he wrapped himself around the boy who was his heart. "You were dying. I didn't know what to do. I asked Buffy and Willow. They told me to turn you. We're going to kill the ones that hurt you. I love you, Xander, please don't hate me?" Xander was in silent awe and confusion over Spike's words. As they penetrated his consciousness and began to take form and meaning, his shaking became outright spasms of emotion driven pain.

Spike didn't know what to do for his love, so he went with the only thing he knew. He wrapped himself around Xander as tightly as he could and pressed kisses to the his love's face. A kiss on the brow, one on each closed eye. The tip of his nose and a gentle brush across full, warm lips. Through it all Spike purred for his frightened love, and murmured nonsensical things to help Xander calm down.

Then suddenly Xander was kissing him and it was wild and beautiful, like he had dreamed it would be. Within moments they were both naked and writhing against one another. Each seeking to drive the other mad with need. Heat was brought to their naturally cool bodies by the meeting of flesh against flesh. Spike was wildly stimulated and shocked by the touches of his young lover. It was wonderful and painful and beautiful all at once, and suddenly Xander could take no more. Soon they were both shouting out their completion and sinking fangs into each other's flesh, then falling weakly into each other's arms.

For long moments neither man moved nor said a word. Then Spike sat up and looked down into the contented face of his lover. "We need to go upstairs and talk to Angel and the others. They need to know that you still have your soul," Spike told him as he gently lapped at the small puncture wounds in Xander's neck.

Xander's answer was to cling tightly to Spike and let the smaller vampire cleave to him. Neither wanted to leave their small sanctuary and face the trauma and pain of what was to come. Spike only hoped his Sire did not try to rip his Childe from his arms.


End for Now