Title: Death Sealed II

Author: Caliadragon

Fandom: Buffy

Catagory: AU

Pairings: Spike/Xander

Archive: Any list I send it to, those with previous permission and my archive.

Disclaimer: Not mine never will be.

Warnings: Mentions of Rape, Murder, and Torture

AN: Set not long after the First has been defeated. Faith is a vamp. The LA crew is in Sunnydale. Spike is souled, but not chipped. He still has moments of dementia.

Summary: More hunters arrive, Spike remembers a lover and the unexpected happens.

Thanks to Edi for the beta

Death Sealed II

by Caliadragon



The sun has burned away.
Taken by the blood born night.
I am alone and broken tonight.
You were my sun, you were my soul.
Then the monsters tore you away.



Spike sat in the darkened basement holding Xander's lifeless body. Above him he could hear the newest arrivals cursing and crying over the death and unlife of his boy. His love.

Spike had never thought he would feel this way again. With his Dark Princess there were so many different feelings intermingled with their love. Their love had been borne out of necessity and out of loss. When Angelus abandoned them to Darla's tender mercies they had clung to one another and become stronger for it. Though Dru had begun to slip further away from reality. He had loved only one other with this all consuming need. That had been his best friend. Unfortunately, as a human he was taught that love between two men was evil, and he had therefore pretended to love Cecily. In the end she had destroyed him and he had run away. Straight into the arms of Dru and Angelus. Dru had begun his death and Angelus gave him his unlife.

Once he was turned he was afraid to go back to his real love, Mikal. The poet who mourned him with words. The man he watched over until the night a group of street toughs murdered him and left him bleeding to death in a London alley. By the time that Spike reached him, Mikal was too far gone to even turn.

As he had with Xander, Spike memorized the scents that covered his beloved's body. That night the streets of London saw the death of William and the birth of Spike. His vengeance was a dark and horrible thing. Not one man who touched his beloved! poet survived.

Now, over a hundred years later, another human he loved had been hurt, and died. Only this time his beloved was turned. A vampire of incomparable beauty. The dark haired youth would forever be in his prime. Yet nothing had changed. Spike would have his revenge once again. Only this time, instead of fleeing town and incurring his Sire's displeasure, he would have the aid of the Slayer and his Sire, and so many more.

It was amazing the number of people that were screaming for blood, now that the details of Xander's death were coming to light. It had been nearly two nights since Xander's death. In that time Willow had performed the spell and they had watched as his death wounds began to heal themselves. In that time more of their allies and their friends had come.

Among them had been the soldier boy's best friend. More of the Pack, and Amy the former rat girl. Each! had sworn vengeance. It had been decided that each member of their group would be allowed to hunt one of the men responsible for the rape and death of Xander. The only one they were not allowed to kill was Xander's father. That pleasure was Spike's alone, and Xander's, if he was so inclined.

More of the boy's painful past had come to light the day before, when Mrs. Harris had been captured by Willow's bint. Kennedy had wanted to find out more about the men who had hurt the boy Willow loved. What they found was a woman broken by the knowledge of what her son had endured. Liza was also sporting injuries of her own.

It seemed that Xander had always told his mother everything about his life, so she knew who every one of them were. The poor woman blamed herself for what had happened to her son. Tony Harris had used her to lure Xander back to the house.

The knowledge that her son was a souled vampire mad! e her cry with joy. When asked why, she said, "At least now the bastard can't hurt my baby without being hurt in return." Then she had cried some more.

Spike stroked Xander's hair, gently singing to him with love and gentleness. Spike's voice was the first thing he heard when he awoke. Xander was confused; everything felt different. He was hungry beyond anything he had ever felt before. "Spike?"

Spike jerked back in stunned disbelief. Xander was awake, and from the power he was emitting he was extremely powerful. Spike shivered in apprehension. There was no way that they would have a true Sire/Childe bond. Xander Harris was a true vampire. This was bad, this was very bad.


End for Now