Title: Death Heals

Author: Caliadragon

caliadragon@myself.com

Fandom: BtVS/AtS/Xena/Herc

Category: AU, Crossover. Angst

Pairing: Xander/Spike/Graham, Buffy/Dru, Ares/Joxer/Angel

Rating: NC-17

Warning: Rape, Torture, Character Death, and Angst, Mush

Note: I don't write cannon so Strife's death will definitely not be like it was on the show.

Summary: Strife and Joxer's friends and family must deal with their death and the trauma it leaves.

Disclaimer: Don't own them, wish I did

The 1st 10 parts of this are unbeta'd.



Death Heals
by Caliadragon



Chapter 1: The Agony

Callisto giggled madly as she listened to the screams of her captives. Her men were enjoying themselves. Raping always made them more focus. While she loathed them they were useful and if they weren't she killed them. She had truly enjoyed the last few hours. It had taken some doing, but she had managed to get everything worked out perfectly. Stupid little Hope thought she could control her, as if, she was crazy not stupid. She had managed to steal the Hinds blood and kill the spawn. She wasn't really surprised that Xena's friend had spawned Dahak's child. One only had to listen to her speak to know she was evil. She even gave Callisto the shivers. How bad a bard could one person be?

It had been an added little bonus to take the Strife and Xena's favorite puppy. She had separate reasons for taking both, but in the end it was for revenge. Know both Ares and Xena would know what it was to loose someone they loved in a violent and horrific way. Because of Xena Callisto had lost her family. Then Ares had cast Xena out and made her seek atonement for her evil ways. Because of this she would probably go to the fields instead of Tartarus. Of course she had to wait to get Caesar so he could pay for his part in making Xena the Destroyer. For now she would torture the two she had.

She walked over to the slabs were the two captives were strapped down and currently being ridden by her top warriors. She smirked at the cowering and bloodied men. It had taken longer for Strife to break. He had been certain that Ares would come for him and that he could escape. Those thoughts were broken when she laughingly told him that his chains were Hephestian metal and that she had put up a block. The Sov had been happy to help her learn to use her powers after she had chained him down and ridden him hard. She laughed again. The sound had those in the tent shuddering. A happy Callisto was a very bad
thing. "Stop fucking them I want to play!" She ordered suddenly. The men immediately moved away. She licked her lips and eyed them lustfully.

Both men were similar in appearance and looked fragile. Tall, slim and lanky they looked as though a strong blow would kill them. Yet they had both taken a severe whipping from her and still they lived. Joxer had bone showing on his hip, from were she had placed patterns on his skin with her knife. Strife also had bone showing, in his case it was on his shoulder blades, from the ship. She shuddered in orgasm at the memory of lashing him. She had also ridden them both first. "I think it'll be fire this time." She crooned and conjured up a fire and a knife. For the next hour the only sounds in the tent were screams and the hiss of burning flesh. Outside the tent her men shifted uneasily. More than one had been punished at her hand.

When the hour ended she called them back in and had them each take a turn again. By the time they were through Joxer was near death and Strife was unconscious. Callisto pouted, "My toys are not any fun anymore. I guess I'll have to get rid of them and find more. Maybe Cupid and Gabby will last longer." She picked up the dagger she had used on Hope and rammed it into Strife's heart. Strife barely cried out, in truth death was now a relief. She the turned to Joxer and did the same. Callisto looked at her dead toys then castrated them. She conjured two boxes and smiled at Darvin and Cesner. "Darvin take this to Xena and let her know who it belonged to and that he's dead. Cesner deliver this to the nearest temple dedicated to Ares; by know all of Olympus knows Strife is dead. Tell them both that no one they love is safe." Both men trembled; they knew this mission was one of suicide. Saying no to the mad goddess was even more so. They both waited to be flashed away to do as she ordered. Callisto hummed softly and smiled at the thought of killing her two obsessions.

______________________

Xena and Hercules looked up in surprise when the pain lashed through their chests. Somewhere in the distance they could hear the roar of thunder. Gabrielle and Iolous looked at them in confusion. "What's wrong buddy?" Iolous asked.

"A god just died."

"What?!" They yelled in unison.

"I thought Gods couldn't die." Gabrielle whispered fearfully.

Xena took her friends hand and squeezed gently. "Only a few things I know of can kill a god. Someone must have gotten a hold of one of them. Either that or dear old Zeus went on a rip and killed one of our brothers or sisters again." Xena said harshly. Hercules nodded grimly and shuddered at the memory of what their grandfather had done to Cupid six months earlier when he announced his love for Strife in front of the pantheon. Thankfully Ares rushed to Uncle Hades immediately and he had given their brother back his life.

Before they could call on their father to ask a man appeared in front of them. Xena sensed Callisto's power and stood, drawing her sword as she did so. "What do you want?" Darvin shifted and threw the box to her. Hercules took it and opened it. He blanched when he saw the penis inside it.

"Who did this come from?" he asked shakily.

Darvin shifted and ignored the question. "Xena, Callisto says to tell you that no one you love is safe. She has killed Joxer and will be coming for the rest of your friends and loved ones." They all stood still in shock.

"Joxer?" Iolous whispered as tears gathered in his eyes. Darvin watched as his death filled Xena's eyes. In a futile effort he ran. She captured him before he got three steps away. She spun him around and sniffed him closely.

"You smell of Joxer, blood and sex. There is another smell on you it smells like a god. Who is it?"

He shivered at the menace in her tone. "Strife." he whispered.

Xena screamed out in rage knowing that Strife was the god who died. She gutted him, before turning and going back to her group. "We need to go, father is going to need us." She chocked out.

"Xena?" Gabrielle asked hesitantly.

"She killed Strife too." They quickly packed up their things and called for Phobos. He would take them to Ares.

__________________________________

Ares felt pain ripe through his chest and looked over at his son in shock. "STRIFE!" Cupid screamed at the sudden loss of his beloved. They had argued that morning and Strife had been blocking him or so he thought. He collapsed and lay senseless. Suddenly the War hall was filled with gods and goddesses who had felt the loss of the Mischief God. Dite and Ace hurried to his side while Heph held Bliss who was wailing for Strife and screaming in pain. He too was joined to Strife. Apollo quickly sedated the godling. Before they could call for Hades, Cesner appeared. Ares spun to him. Cesner dropped the box and they all watched in horror as the item inside rolled out.

Ares howled and lunged at him. Eris reached him first. Lifting him off the ground she projected his memories and thoughts to the other gods. Only Bliss was left out of the joining. In one mortal heartbeat they knew what had been done to Strife and Joxer and his part in it. Eris would later regret killing him so quickly, but unable to help herself at that moment she to screamed in pain filled rage and melted the skin from his bones. He was dead almost immediately. As he was dieing Phobos arrived with the four heroes.

"Dad." The three called as one. Ares turned to his children. When he saw the look on their faces he knew that they knew about the deaths.

"Eris, Heph lets go get our sons back." Hera said suddenly.

"I'm going with you mother." Ares, Dite and Apollo said simultaneously. She nodded and they flashed away. Hera silently
prayed that her Joxer would still be sane.




Chapter 2: The Other Side

Hades felt a part of his heart ripe and knew that another god had died. A feeling of foreboding claimed him. For some reason he felt that this was more than a mad Zeus on the rampage. There was another feeling as well or lack of feeling as it were. He realized with a start that he could not feel his youngest and most fragile child. He was about to flash out in search of the boy when Thantos and Celeste suddenly appeared.

In their arms they cradled the shades of Joxer and Strife. Hades felt as though his heart was torn from his chest. He made a strangled sound of pain and stumbled towards them. Pep flashed into the room as the others arrived. Eris was the first to move. Thantos shivered in fear at the look on his mothers face. Never had he seen her so angry. The air seemed to shiver and a table near by burst into flames. The tapestry's caught fire and a glow of rage seemed to surround her. She closed her eyes and threw back her head.

"Take Cover!" Ares screamed. The others did so immediately. No sooner than they had hidden than an explosion of Discordant energy rushed through the air.

For several minutes all anyone could hear was the crackle of furniture as it burned and the sobs of the devastated goddess. Hades was the first to go to her. He pulled his daughter into his arms and rocked her gently. Through all of the fuss and fear Joxer and Strife remained oblivious. Callisto had damaged them so badly that even in death they remain helpless and broken.

"Shh my little one. We will bring them back. It will be alright, you'll see." Hades rocked her whispering and soothing her battered emotions.

"My baby, she hurt my baby. I'm going to skin her slowly, then heal her and start all over again." Eris sobbed.

"Save some for me darling." Hera called. Eris sniffled and nodded.

"We are going to kill her aren't we momma?" she asked softly. Hera nodded, Oh yes they were going to kill her for what she had done.

"Hades can you bring them back now?" Dite asked sharply. Her heart was breaking at the sight before her.

"Yes, but Joxer is so badly injured that he will have to be made a god. If that happens we have to make Jett and Jace one as well." The gods all froze in horror.

"The twins!" Apollo cried. He and Heph flashed away quickly. When they returned the others were surprised to see that Auto and Iphiclies were with them.

"Grandmother what's going on? What's wrong with Jett and Jace?" Iphiclies asked Hera anxiously.

"Joxer died today." The two young men swayed in shock. Auto shook his head in denial.

"No Joxer's not suppose to die. He's not a warrior he's a healer. Healer's don't die." He looked at Apollo pleadingly. "Tell them dad, tell them Joxer's not dead."

Apollo gathered his son into his arms. "I'm sorry son, it's true. The reason that we brought all of you here is because Joxer and Strife are going to be brought back."

"Strife?!"

"Yes, Iphie, Strife and Joxie both died today." "

Let's do this!" Heph growled suddenly. "I want my son back so he can help us punish that whore!"

Hades nodded and called forth four cups of blood wine. Celeste and Thantos took Joxer and Strife's and began to feed it to them. While Auto and Iphiclies did the same for Jett and Jace. As soon as the wine took effect every god in the pantheon felt the birth and rebirth of the new gods. While many celebrated both Zeus and Callisto screamed out their rage.

The Fates smiled at one another and flashed to Hades chambers. When Hera saw them she whispered, "Oh Shit!"

The three women smiled at her in amusement. "To the future they will go the newly formed and their joined. The twilight will pass them and at its dawn their hands and the friends they embrace will ease the madness. The soul restored and the slayer born." Then another flash. On Olympus Cupid and Bliss vanished. In Asphodel Joxer, Strife, Jett, Jace, Iphiclies and Auto vanished.

____________________________________________

2,000 years in the future

The small and battered group sat quietly recovering from a night of battles and saving the world from another end. This time though they had lost the heart of their group. Buffy and Xander were dead. No one could quite figure out how it had happened. Dawn was cradled in her mother's arms. She had cried herself to sleep. Giles looked at the weary survivors and was about to say something when a sudden flash of light blinded him. When it cleared there were several bodies lying around. Among them were Buffy and Xander; they were looking around them in confusion. "Hey guys, what's going on?" Xander asked in confusion. He couldn't understand why their friends and family suddenly tackled them.




Chapter 3: Revenge and Repercussions and Rebirth

Ares was the first to regain his sight after the Fates little light show. When he looked around and saw who was missing he turned to the three women. "Where are they? What have you done with them?" He snarled in rage.

They calmly looked back at him. "They have gone to the future. To protect us all they had to leave the past. You will see them again." The Crone answered.

The maiden smiled gently. "Now is not the time to worry after those gone away. Now is the time to make the evil one pay." she told him gently.

The childlike sister spoke next. "Beware the one who spawned her, for he will do all he can to protect his evil seed." They then disappeared.

"We must get back to Olympus and find out who else is missing." Hades interjected. The others agreed and returned to the Halls of War.

_________________________

Xander and Buffy sat quietly watching the sleeping men. No matter how hard they tried their friends could not get them to leave the small group. They didn't know why it was so important for them to watch them they only knew it was. In a last effort to get the duo to rest Spike and Giles had drug in several pallets and placed each of the sleeping men on them. Buffy and Xander had placed them were they lay, not letting the others help.

One of the three triplets was lying with a man in green leathers. Another was with a red head. The third triplet lay with a small winged child who had begun to grow rapidly when placed with him. The last pair was a pale dark haired man and another winged blond. Buffy looked over at Spike and smiled gently. He was surprised at her care.

"William, please go call LA and tell Angel that he and his crew are needed here. Dru will be here soon as well." Xander asked him softly. Again Spike was surprised. If there were to among the Scoobies that gave him hell it was they. They were treating him as though he mattered to them. Confused and uncertain he went to do as they asked.

___________________________

Xena rushed to her father when the group flashed in. She looked around them in confusion. "Dad where are Joxer and Strife?" Hercules asked.

"The Fates sent them to the future."

"Does that mean that they sent Cupid and Bliss there as well?" Hermes asked. Dite sobbed at the mention of her son and grandson.

"Yes as well as Jett, Jace, Auto and Iphiclies. Jason is going to have to come out of retirement." Iolous began to pace fretfully.

"What's with the blondes?" Phobos asked. They all turned to pay attention to the pair. Iolous's pacing had grown more erratic and Gabrielle was rocking herself back and forth.

"What is? What's wrong?" Eris asked crouching next to Gabrielle. She looked up at her with wide eyes.

"I know who Dahok really is." She whispered as she collapsed. Across the room Iolous howled in pain and followed her into oblivion.



Chapter 4:Revealing and Avenging

The noise in the temple raised as both Gabrielle and Iolous collapsed. Mania began to wail and threw herself on the floor. Whatever was harming the two mortals was feeding her in such a way that she could not control herself. Apollo and Ace were torn between whom they should help. All three were in oblivious to what was going on around them. The frenzy lasted for several moments before they were finally released from its grip. Iolous was the first to regain his senses. He opened his eyes and looked at the man who held him. Hercules rocked him gently. The terror and the pain in his beloved's eyes hurt him deeply.

"Iolous?" Ares asked softly.

"I'm sorry." he whispered then began to sob like a child.

Mania sat up and began to slap herself muttering incoherent sentences. "Bad, betrayer...hurt.... not good...grandpa.... not
light."

Xena was in a panic trying to wake Gabrielle, in the few minutes their attention was turned from her Gabrielle's nose had begun to bleed and she was gasping for air. "Uncle Apollo!" Xena screamed as her fragile friend went into convulsions.

________________________________

"Xander and Buffy are finally sleeping." Giles looked up as Joyce went to the chair across from him.

"They only agreed to sleep if Spike stayed with them. He was surprised to say the least. They curled up together by the winged child and the last twin."

Giles nodded. "Their behavior is odd, but considering that just three hours ago they were de-" he voice broke and her could not finish. The thought of his two beautiful children dead shattered him. He did not know how they came to be returned to him or who the strangers were, in truth he did not care. He owed the Powers a big thank you for their return.

Joyce shivered; she had always known that slaying was dangerous. Then after the blow up with Glory she had begun to help with the patrols. There had been a few minor shake-ups, but watching Buffy and Xander die and not being able to stop it had shattered her. To appease Dawn they had not contacted the authorities, but had instead hid their bodies. Thank god they had listened to her bright child; she wasn't sure how she would have explained their return to life.

"Giles?" They turned to look in the doorway at the beautiful red haired witch. She stood uncertainly and with obvious exhaustion. Her pale skin was near milk white and her green eyes had shadows under them.

"Willow you should be resting." Joyce scolded gently. They had all moved into the old mansion six months earlier when Glory began to attack. She had burned the Summers' home to the ground and a month earlier Willow's parents had disowned her when they found out their child was gay.

For Xander it was an easy way to get away from his cruel parents. Anya was pleased to be with them as they were the only people she had to hold onto. The only two who had had the most problems were Giles and Spike, but then both men were used to being independent and had hated knowing they needed the others. Joyce sighed as Willow shrugged tiredly.

"I think I know who the winged guys are," she offered coming further into the room.

"Who, how?" Giles demanded.

"Cupid God of Love and Bliss God of Lost Children, I finally was able to decode The Scroll of the Fates. It says that they were sent through time to help with the awakening. The other scroll tells the story of what happened to them and some of why their here."

____________________________

Apollo and Ace worked franticly to save the young bard. In the end they were unable to save her. Normally this would not have been a problem, but her soul disappeared and none of the death gods could trace her. Xena's screams of anguish echoed through Olympus and reached the ears of Zeus and his vile daughter Callisto. "Gabrielle is dead. Now on one will no that I was Dahok and that it was you who did all of the deeds blamed on dear Hope."

"Oh but Daddy dear Iolous is still alive. We may have killed our Destroyer, but her father still lives. If they find out that he was really Hopes father and that you played things to make it look like she was raped by Dahok we are both in trouble."

Zeus growled and blasted her across the room. "You would dare to question my plan?"

Callisto giggled insanely. "Do that again Daddy I liked it." Zeus sneered and turned away. He had to figure out how to kill Iolous.




Chapter 5: Insanity Unleashed

Xena sat quietly rocking her friend's body, she was unaware and uncaring of the blood and excrement that was smearing on her skin. The gods were watching her somewhat fearfully. The young bard had been the only thing to keep Xena sane since the death of her son. Now that she was dead they feared what would happen. "Xena?" Ares touched his daughters arm gently.

She looked up at him silently. "My heart is gone. Joxer is gone, nothing left to fight for. Callisto, going to kill her, going to destroy her." Dite whimpered in fear. Xena's voice had not risen, yet the feeling behind them was like a scream. Her eyes held the burning madness that had lurked there during her time as the Destroyer. Xena giggled slightly. "Gonna burn me a bitch." she hissed. Ares eyes widened in alarm.

He shook his head. "Xena, don't do this. Think of Joxer. He's in the future, he'll need you. I need you. Please baby, don't lose yourself again. Stay with me." Ares gently eased Gabrielle from his child's arms and lifted Xena into his own. She tried to pull away, but he kept her tightly in his arms. With a thought he cleaned her and crooned gently into her ear.

She keened softly, "I'm alone, why am I alone. Why did they have to go?"

"Your not alone my child, never alone." Hera said from behind as she wrapped her arms around her broken grandchild and her son.

"Xena." Iolous cried out her name. The trio turned to look at him and at Hercules who held the young man in his arms. "I'm sorry I didn't know. We loved you both so. We never would have betrayed the two of you." Hercules looked down at his love in confusion.

"Iolous what are you talking about?" He asked gently.

"I remember the time I was possessed. I know the truth now. The truth about Hope and who really killed Solan."

"What? Who?"

"Herc Hope was my child, I-" Screams tore through the air as Iolous's body was burnt away. No one moved the shock was to complete. Hercules snarled and surged to his feet. He and Xena looked at one another. They didn't know how she did it, but they knew that Callisto had killed their lovers. If only they knew how right and how wrong they were.

_________________________________

Giles' eyebrows rose in shock. "Gods?" Joyce asked in shock.

Willow nodded and walked further into the room. She settled on to one of the overstuffed chairs. In exhaustion her mind noted how warm the room was. So much had changed in the last few months. The old mansion left to Buffy by Angel had changed so. It had gone from old and neglected to a true home. Thanks mainly to the love of the people in it. She rubbed her forehead. "I think I should wait to explain what's going on until everyone gets here. It's complicated and I'm not sure I would be clear."

Giles and Joyce immediately agreed. "I think you should sleep now Willow dear." Joyce urged.

"I can't, every time I close my eyes I see those Sjarium'eri demons killing Xander and Buffy. It hurts." she whispered. Joyce nodded and went to the girl, pulling her into her arms.

"I think I'll go in and stay with Spike for awhile."

"I've already got our pallet set up love." They all turned to look at Tara who was smiling gently at them. The trio felt as though they were filled with love and peace. Tara was their love and peace. Since she had come into their lives everything had changed for the better. Even Spike was gentle with her. He never raised his voice or used his wit against her.

"Thanks babe, I'll be there in a minute." Tara gave them each another smile, and then turned away again.

"It's going to be alright Willow. We have them back and a new adventure to look forward to." Giles told her, his depression lifted by Tara.

Joyce nodded her agreement then shooed the girl off. She then turned back to Giles. "Shall we go to bed as well love?" she asked. He smiled and nodded.



Chapter 6: Death and Retribution

Xena and Hercules had not moved or spoken for over an hour. Neither of their loved ones was in the realm of the dead. Hades and the other death gods had searched and they could find nothing. For each moment they were silent the gods fear grew. Neither Hercules nor Xena were good at handling loss. Zeus had cursed them with insanity each time they lost a loved one. Xena turned to Hercules suddenly. "We aren't alone." She chocked out.

He looked at her through dull, blood shot eyes. "Joxer."

She nodded and looked at their family. "Them."

Again she nodded. "You won't leave us will you?" Hercules asked the gathered gods.

Ares went to his son and daughter gently taking both their hands. "You will never lose us." The Gods nodded as one.

Xena took a deep breath and stood. "We have to get Callisto. I have a plan, but no idea if she will come out of hiding."

"Who will we use as bait sis?" Phobos asked. She smiled at him. Of all of her siblings they always thought alike.

Suddenly Dite swore. "Not a problem dude's. Psyche's screamin for me. The Bitch is there."

As one the Hercules and Xena latched onto Dite and snarled. "Take us there NOW!" She did as they bid, to angry to do otherwise.

_______________________

Psyche could feel something was wrong. She kept looking over at her lover. She to could sense that something was wrong. Evander had begun to cry hours earlier at the same time that they felt the death of a god. Evander had told them that it was Strife. Neither she nor Nemesis knew what to do. They had decided that the best thing they could do was do to the nearest godly temple and find out what was happening.

When they were almost to the Temple of Hestia the warriors attacked. They surrounded them, but to the surprise of both women they did not move. Insane laughter had them spinning and facing Callisto. She and Nemi put themselves in front of Evander and faced down the insane goddess.

"Isn't that sweet. The mommies protecting their little cub. It won't work though. I want him; Ares must know the pain of losing someone he loves. I killed Strife, but they brought the bastard back. That wasn't very nice. I worked so hard getting my toys just right before they died."

Psyche shivered. She had said toys. 'Oh Gods. Cupid! Strife! Aphrodite help us! Callisto is here. She's trying to get Evander.' No sooner had the words finished in her mind than Dite appeared.

Xena attacked before they had even settled fully into corporal form. Callisto screamed in rage and drew her sword. Hercules attacked the men surrounding the small group. He killed most of them and Dite herself killed those he didn't. The rage that she felt over the loss of her children and her brothers was no longer contained by fear for her niece and nephew. The other gods flashed into the fray. The only one of the creatures left was Callisto.

Though the gods wanted to punish and kill Callisto themselves none of them were crazy enough to get in Xena's way. They had each blooded one another. However Xena was the better warrior by far, plus her madness feed her godly blood so that even though she was only a demi-god her strength was equal to that of the worship less goddess.

Her men were all dead and they were all the followers that she had ever had. Callisto kicked Xena in the face and sent her flying backwards. At the same time Xena flipped landing on her feet instead of her back as Callisto had planned. The blonde screamed in rage and drew the hind's blood dagger. She lunged at Xena only to be kicked mid lunge. Xena then wrenched the dagger from Callisto's hand and shoved it through her left eye.

"NO!" The bellow of rage echoed through the heavens. Where it came from no one knew, but they all felt Callisto's death and the chilling sound of Xena and Hercules' laughter.

On Olympus Zeus snarled in rage at the death of his favored and obviously most stupid child. Acting quickly he claimed her soul from purgatory and disappeared to the void before Hades could arrive to claim her soul for punishment. Acting quickly her pushed her soul into the void and the future. He would claim his child again, and then the world would bleed under their vision. In the mean time two more had to die.

He smiled darkly as he heard Ares' screams of anguish as he was forced to watch his children burn to death before his eyes. Xena and Hercules were dead as well.

He flashed to his study to wait to see if they would call on him. If he had stayed a few moments longer he would have seen three women flash to the void and input four souls into different times and places. "To the future they will go. Slayer born and others sworn. From this time until the dawning, protected from Zeus and the twilights coming.

__________________________________

L.A.

Angel put the phone gently in its cradle and turned to face the small group that waited there.

"WELL?" He smiled. Cordy was able to yell without raising her voice. He often thought she should have been in the military, and then changed his mind at the thought of all the AWOL's she would call.

"Your visions were right guys. Buffy and Xander did die." Cordy and Oz gasped in shock. "Their back though. Spike says they just appeared alive and confused. He said that they want us all in Sunnydale. He said they told him that Dru is coming as well."

"I suggest we get packing then. We need to be in Sunnydale before sunrise."

"You got that right. However I know very well you keep a bag packed here and ready to go Wes." The former Watcher blushed at Oz's gentle teasing. The two lovers shared a smile before the others laughed.

"We all do." Fred said with a giggle.

"Then grab your bags and let's go. You have five minutes." Cordy snapped and walked up the stairs to grab her things. The others shrugged and went to do as she bid. Faith followed quietly behind her friend. It always amused her when Cordy got on her Dom streak. It was very hard to do any thing but obey. Ten minutes later they were on their way to Sunnydale and their latest adventure.



Chapter 7: Revelations and Awakening

Sunnydale

Angel and the others rushed into the mansion as the sun reached its apex. He followed his senses to his wayward childe and found him guarding the small group. Spike looked over at them for a few minutes then turned away. His sire still did not know he had a soul and he was unsure how he would react when he found out.

"Spike?" Xander's voice surprised him.

He turned to look at the whelp and was surprised to see the worry there. "Are you alright?" He could feel the muted shock from the group behind him at Buffy's question and the concern in her voice.

"Alright Spike what did you do to them?" Oz asked with a frown. Angel took an aggressive stance. The new arrivals were prepared to protect Buffy and the others from Spike and whatever magic he was using.

Before they could act Buffy and Xander were on their feet and blocking him from the newcomers. "Don't think about it Deadboy." Xander growled his eyes flashing green.

"Spike has done nothing wrong. He's been watching over us. Angel he's your childe can't you see the truth about him?" Buffy asked him softly. Her eye's held a gentle reprimand. Angel shifted his gaze to the vampire behind them and gasped in surprise.

"You have a soul!" He shouted. Willow and Tara sat up looking over at the shocked group. "Spike." Angel cried in anguish. All thoughts of attacking were gone. Instead he rushed to his childe and pulled him into his arms.

"Why didn't you tell me? Are you all right? Has it been hard to adjust? How have you been caring for yourself?" The questions tumbled from him as he rocked his childe in his arms. The memories of his own terror and anguish the two times his demon had been subdued making him fear for his childe even more.

For his part Spike was stunned, he hadn't thought that Angel cared for him at all. He had always thought that when his Sire found out about his soul he would torment him with the knowledge. He gingerly put his arms around his father and then clung. "The Scoobies have been helping me adjust. It's been hard, but they tormented me until I decided not to stake myself." His words were muffled, but they heard anyway.

Angel shook in terror. He had problems with his childe, but his death was not something he could imagine. It was why he had always let Spike win or escape. He had all of Angelus' memories including the night of his childe's rebirth. His beautiful girl had brought young William to him and told him how much she wanted him to be with them. In a moment of kindness he had created the sweet boy and never regretted it. The only thing he regretted was the pain he had caused his dark children and the fact that Darla had polluted his curse and made him harm the two after he was uncursed the first time.

"What's going on and were in Tartarus am I?" The growled words had them all turning to face a very irate God of Love. His wings were splayed out behind him and he was breath taking.

"OH WOW!" Cordy gasped. Cupid raised a finely arched brow in amusement. He looked around him and saw the sprawled form of his beloved. He dropped back down to his side.

"Strife!" Cupid closed his eyes and reveled in the warmth of his husbands skin. He was unaware of the watchers or the tears on his own cheeks. "Oh baby, what did she do to you?" He rocked the still form and cried softly.

"Cupid?" Xander asked as he knelt beside the pair.

"Hey Xena.... Oh you're a guy now. What's your name now?"

"Xander." Cupid rolled his eyes.

"You and your X's. Man I can still remember the day you told Dad you didn't want to be Jexena anymore. Just Xena, cause X names were cooler. I thought he was gonna blow." They both snickered.

"Hi Cupid."

"Hey Herc you're a girl! What's your name here?"

"Buffy, I'm a slayer." Cupid laughed.

"Still stronger than the average human huh?" Buffy/Herc nodded.

"What about Iolous and Gabby were are they?"

"Gabby's here, but doesn't remember yet and Iolous is on the way. Their vampire's." Cupid raised an eyebrow in question. He then looked over at Spike and grinned. With a wave of his hand memories flooded into Spike's head.

"Bloody hell!" He roared and tackled Xander. All but Buffy and Cupid were surprised to see them begin to ravish one another.

Cupid turned back to Buffy. "So who's Iolous?

"A vampiress named Dru."



Chapter 8: Arrival's and Awakening's

Spike was flooded with memories of another life and of his love Xena. He couldn't help himself. He broke away from Angel with a cry and tackled his mate. Xander growled and rolled with Spike holding him close and kissing him until neither of them was conscious of anything but one another. They probably would have ended up naked and panting if Cupid hadn't captured their attention.

"Hey you two quit fuckin' and come over here. I need your help to wake the others." They both broke apart with a growl, turning to glare at Cupid and Buffy, who were laughing. They reluctantly pulled apart and went over to the group.

"Want to tell the rest of us what's going on here Buff?" Oz asked. He was trying not to laugh at the shock from the rest of the group. He and Willow looked at one another and grinned. They knew the rest of the group had no idea Xander was bisexual. He sighed in fond remembrance, Willow and Xander made a good team in bed. Cupid looked at the two redhead's and whistled.

"Way to go Xander, both of them at once?" The three blushed and looked at anything but each other.

"What are you talking about Cupie?" Buffy asked for them all.

"Oz there was thinking about his birthday and a tag team sex marathon between himself, Xander and Willow."

"WHAT?" Faith winced at the shock in Cordy's voice. "When was this and how come I wasn't invited?" she growled. Willow giggled at the shock that caused. Even Faith was looking at her in stunned silence.

"It was my last b-day in town. Right after you left." Oz answered. He grinned at her and wiggled his eyebrows. The four laughed.

Angel and Spike just gapped at them in astonishment. "Well at least we know they don't have any hang ups huh Daddy?" They turned to the stairs as Dru came down followed by a blushing Dawn. "The little light let me in." Dru giggled. "She was my key." Dru bounced down the stairs and over the recumbent gods. When she saw Strife and Joxer she whimpered. "Miss Edith says I have to kiss them to wake them up. She says that the fire lady hurt their hearts." Dru whispered.

Dawn also walked to the group. She knelt down beside Bliss and Joxer. "I, Dawn, the Key of Time call forth the Gods! Mother and Father of the Heavens your daughter calls you! Keepers of Fate, Guardians of the Humans. Arm of War and Keeper of Discord I your sister call you! Keeper of the Forge! Guardian of Love come forth I your sister call you! Wake to this time! Come forth!" Joyce and Giles ran into the room the moment they heard her begin to speak. Dawn smiled at them sadly. Dru leaned forward and kissed Strife. She then stood and repeated the process with Joxer. She then went to stand beside Dawn. In moments the room was a wash with a nimbus of blue light. Spike, Angel and Dru were driven to their knees with pain from the force of the light.

When it ended Joxer, Jett, Jace, Bliss, Iphiclies, Auto and Strife were awake as well. The room had also been filled with new gods. Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Ares, Apollo, Ace, the Fates, Discord, Hades and Hera all stood behind the newly awakened.

Ares walked forward and grabbed Buffy and Xander pulling them into his arms tightly. "My children." He whispered brokenly. His words broke the other gods from their frozen state and suddenly the newly awakened were being held and loved by their family.

Joxer and Strife were too confused to do anything but return the hugs. They were trying to figure out were they where and who they second winged god was. "Cupie what's going on where's Bliss at?" Strife asked his husband as everyone settled down.

"Where are Xena and Gabby?" Joxer asked in confusion. There was something at the back of their minds.

"I'm right here Daddy." Bliss said as he walked to Strife. Strife gaped in astonishment.

"You grew up." Strife gasped, his voice slightly accusing.

"Joxer." Xander called bringing their attention to him and Spike.

Joxer's eyes widened. "Xena? Gabby? What happened, why are you guys now? How come Gabby's a bacchi?" he asked. Almost as one Strife and Joxer looked at one another. In horror they remembered everything that had happened to them. Strife screamed in rage and Joxer collapsed to his knees. His screams mingled with Strife's until they both collapsed again.




Chapter 9: Explanation and Repair

Angel was unsure why they two men were screaming he only knew that the sound rang with pain. Unable to stop himself he ran to the man on his knees and cradled him gently as he lost consciousness. Nearby the winged god was cradling the other man. He looked up when he felt a presence in front of him. He was shocked to the core when he focused on the face in front of him. Angelus remembered the man from his time in hell. "Who are you? Why are you here?" He asked softly unable to look away.

"I am Hades Angelus. The man in your arms is my son." Angel looked at Joxer and felt his heart break. The younger man was clinging to him in abject fear. Angel shifted him until he was lying in his lap. He began to purr to Joxer. Nearby Dru was doing the same thing for Strife. Angel had more questions, but before he could Dru began to speak.

"Daddy the firelady and her bad men hurt them. They cried Daddy, she raped them, and they screamed and broke 'em. Like you did Daddy after Grandmommy did the spell thingy to you. Then Angel daddy came and she changed you. Then you came back again and now your Angel Daddy and real Daddy." Dru's words caused confusion in the group listening. Dru didn't notice. She laid back down own behind Strife and began to purr again.

For several minutes no one said anything then Spike laughed. "I don't bloody believe! The bitch's the one that made ya go all grr and hurt Dru and me. She's the one that got ya cursed. Got Buffy ta send ya ta hell. Now thanks to the witch and her spell you an Angelus are joined as one!"

"Is that true Deadboy?" Xander asked suddenly. Angel continued to rock Joxer and nodded.

"My soul is permanent." Dru giggled. "Daddy's gonna marry War and Peace. Then the Thunder will fall and the truth of Dahok will be known by all."

The gods gapped at her in astonishment. All but the Fates who smiled as one. They walked forward and touched her. Each laid a hand on her. "The prophecy spoke, by the follower of Mania the reborn Golden Hunter and the father of Hope. Come together with the Rebirth of the Warrior Bard the mother of Hope made immortal by the Mate of War and Peace brings forth the future and the rebirth of us all. When Hope is joined to the follower of Hecate with her parents at the alter of Hera." Light cascaded around the room suddenly. After it was gone the others could see that the Fates were gone. Dru was looking around her in confusion.

She looked up at Angel and smiled. "The voices are gone. I remember the truth and who I am." She then fainted.



Chapter 10: Whispers of the Truth

After Dru collapsed all hell seemed to break. Finally Ares had enough and bellowed for everyone to shut up. This worked for all of five seconds before they started screaming again. While the elder gods were going at one another, the younger gods, the Scoobies and the Fang Gang quietly gathered up their fallen friends and left the room so that explanations could be given and the truth could come out.

For her part Buffy (Hercules) wanted to get her hands on Dru (Iolous) much the way Xander and Spike wanted to get their hands on one another. However their main concern was the ill and damaged among them. When Dru had said the last prophecy memories filled him and he clung to Xander whimpering in fear and pain.

After they had all settled in the sitting area Ares turned to the blond vampire and gently tilted his head up so they could look eye-to-eye. "Spike, tell us what the truth is that Dru remembered and that you are now remembering." he ordered gently.

"Hope was our child and she wasn't evil. All of those things she was accused of, they weren't Hope. The woman that Zeus told you to seduce wasn't her either. I don't know who that was, but I know it was Zeus who took us and forced us to do the things we did. Then I killed my baby! She was innocent and I killed her!" Spike sobbed the words out, turning away from them.

Xander felt rage and despair rip through him. Zeus had murdered her son and blamed her daughter for it. Xander didn't care if Iolous was the father Hope was their child. Xander felt rage fill him and he looked over at his father. "I want him dead."

"So do I." Buffy growled. It all made sense. Zeus hated anyone that represented the House of Aggression, because he could not completely control them the way he could the other houses. Aggression was not from his direct line, but from Hades. So the bastard hurt them in other ways.

As soon as the other gods stopped fighting they were going to plan. Zeus would suffer for all the pain and suffering he had caused.

____________________________________

Riley stood over the quivering man and laughed at the look of terror on his face. He so enjoyed this part. The man at his feet shivered in fear and prayed to any god listening that he would escape this time into death.

Graham Miller no longer believed in the Initiative and the people who ran it. There was something about the whole operation that stank of evil. Graham had been an idealist, but now he was a victim. He wanted to die or escape or anything, but the rape and humiliation that was promised in his once friends eyes. All that shown there now was madness and perversion.

"Time for your next lesson sweet Graham." Riley laughed and walked closer to his prey.



end part 10