Title: Circle of Six

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.comabelard950@aol.com

Fandom: BTVS.HP

Disclaimer: As I've said before, none of these lovely people belong to me. I just play with them.

Rating: PG-1 to R, Slash

Pairings: Charlie/Tara, Dawn/Percy, Spike/Bill, Giles/Ethan (Eventually and mentioned)

Summary: After Buffy's Death, a Prophecy kicks in that draws three members of Sunnydale's Elite to three members of the Wizarding World.

Notes: Serious AU


Circle of Six
by Kate R.


Prologue: Dream Calling

She was dreaming...no, They were dreaming. She could see Spike and Tara by her side and they were all watching. They were seeing something that was happening now or maybe had already happened but they were watching it and something told them they were apart of it.

"The Dark one has risen again," a strange, echo-y voice intoned.

And Dawn could see three young men with three shades of red hair, Blood Red, Dark Red and Garnet Red. They were looking up at statues of some people and it hit Dawn and her other two watchers that they were where the voice...voices?

Were coming from.

"Who will give their eyes to See?" one voice asked. And the youngest of the men moved forward. He looked maybe a few years older than Dawn.

"I will give my sight of the physical to See what needs to be seen," he said. He spoke with a British Accent and Dawn watched as he moved before the center statue.

"You do great service for people who have hurt you, Percival Weasley. We accept your sacrifice and find you worthy. Look into the well and See"

And he did, walking to the well at the base of the statue and looking into it. He seemed to know something was going to happen as his hands gripped the edges just before water and light shot out of the well and seared his eyes. He cried out and...

....Dawn was suddenly moving. She grabbed him and held him tightly not knowing why but that he needed her.

"Welcome, Slayer/Key," the Echo-y voice said. "You who takes The Seer as her own. Are the others with you? The Warrior and the Healer?"

"Duh," Dawn muttered. "Like the three of us wouldn't be here since you already decided we were part of this. Yes, I am the Slayer/Key. The Healer and the Warrior are here and they are waiting."

"Warrior, Healer," the voice called. "Please, come forward."

And Dawn watched as Spike and Tara made their way out of the shadows they had been watching from.

"Warrior and Healer, Slayer/Key," the Echo-y Voice said. "The Curse breaker, the Dragon Rider and the Seer. All of you have come when called. All of you are Chosen. A Great Evil is rising and there is nothing to stop it save Six Plus Primal, Order and Chaos. We ask your help, the six of you
who answered our call."

"Well," Dawn heard Spike say, "I ain't got nothing more to do right now. Pasty Witch? Nibbles? You want to kick the shit out of some badness?"

"I'm so up for that," Dawn said. She looked down at Seer and saw his eyes were now Opaque Silver.

"That is so cool," she said. He smiled slightly.

"Thank you. I can't see it myself but if you think so..."

Dawn giggled. "It's this really cool Opaque Silver color. Like it's set to reflect things you can be clouded by."

"Very good, Slayer/Key," the voice said. "That is correct. The Seer's other senses will let him see through things a sighted person cannot. The Seer will have visions yes but visions are only part of what makes a True Seer. He will be able to See the truth in the real world as well as what he will be shown in times of great need. The six of you must meet. We are counting on you to stop the evil that is rising.

"Got that, mate. So, I'm thinking I'm for the Curse Breaker. Pasty Witch? I think the Dragon Rider is for you."

"We'll meet you all soon," the Dragon Rider said as they all seemed to feel the dream that had brought the other three there ending. Dawn kissed the Seer in a silent promise that they would come soon and then...

The Dream ended.

"Dawn," Tara's voice called from outside her door. Dan was up and moving, packing a bag in record time. They both felt the same drive. They had to get to Romania immediately.

"I'll be ready at sunset," she told Tara who nodded. Now they had to think of a way to tell the others. And boy was that going to be hard...



1: Traveling

They were waiting for Anya, Xander and Willow to arrive at the Summers house. Spike had turned up an hour ago, via his car, blanket over his head to get to the front door, with bags packed. His car was in the driveway waiting. It was gassed up for a trip to LA and then to the Airport.

"Okay, we're all here," Xander said as he and Anya came into the house with Willow trailing behind them. "What's up?"

"We have something we have to tell you all," Dawn, said.

"So...what is it?" Xander asked.

"Tara, Spike and I are leaving," she said.

"WHAT?!" Willow screamed. "No, you can't! You have to stay here where it's safe!"

"Safe?" Dawn asked sarcastically. "This place isn't safe! It's the Mouth of hell! We have to go! Something's come up that requires us. We thought we'd tell you but you aren't talking us out of this. We ARE going."

"Oh, no you aren't!" Willow snarled. "I wont let you go anywhere!"

And her eyes began to glow. She pointed her fingers at Tara and chanted but instead of yanking strength from Tara, something else happened. When she pointed her hand and threw her magic at Tara, something repelled it and something else responded to the threat. Form out of Tara's body, there was a rush of energy that roared out in the shape of a dragon with a rider.

It roared down on the ones trying to prevent them from leaving and Willow shrank back against the wall. The dragon breathed what would have been fire and Willow was hurled against the wall.

"We ARE leaving," Tara said to Xander an Anya who were standing in gape mouthed hock. "Anyone else want to try and stop us?"

They backed up and out of the way and Tara's guardian spirit returned to her. She knew what it was, as did Spike and Dawn. Spike had been right, Tara mused as they got into his car and drove north, heading for LA. The Dragon Rider WAS for her. And she felt warm thinking about how he'd protected her even not being physically with her. Now she was eager to meet this man, this Dragon Rider, in person.

Spike drove them to LA, actually obeying the speed limits and soon pulled up outside the Hyperion. They went in, leaving their bags in the car, to find Angel, Cordelia and Wesley sitting waiting. Tara didn't see Gunn so she suspected Angel somehow knew.

"I hired you a private jet," he told Spike. "It'll fly you to England. Giles will get you on a train to Romania when you get there. He and Ethan will be waiting for you six to call them once you're ready. Cordelia had a vision. We've made plans for you all. Willow will not be able to touch you again if Cordy's last vision is anything to go by. A Dragon Rider guardian, that's one hell of a protector Tara."

"He's very protective of me, Angel. And he's very Angry with Willow right now."

"No shit," Cordelia said. "I'd be mad too. Well, Angel will drive you and then bring your car back here. Be safe you guys," she said. And she hugged them all. Wesley hugged Dawn and Tara and shook hands with Spike.

It was time to get them on the road before Angel had to deal with the arrival of those they had left in Sunnydale. And Angel had a feeling they would be coming. So, Cordelia was preparing a major stall until Angel got home. That's why Wesley had offered to stay. He could give them someone to insult until Angel got back.

******************************

At the airport, Angel was getting an edgy feeling like something was trying to prevent them from leaving. He touched Spike on the shoulder and gave him his own blood. Spike was now acting as his proxy. Spike could extend Clan Protection to anyone he so wished. Tara turned south to Sunnydale and Angel saw the image of a dragon appear in her eyes and then the feeling went away.

"We can go now," she told Angel. She kissed his cheek lightly and they boarded the jet. Angel watched it take off. And then turned back to his car. He was not looking forward to what he knew he had waiting for him at the office. He really wasn't.




2: Meeting of the Six

The train stopped in Romania and there was a walk out to the Dragon Preserve. They were walking at a leisurely pace, heading out to where they knew the others were. Tara seemed as eager as the rest of them were to get to the others. Giles and Ethan would be waiting for the summoning of Primal.

Order and Chaos, the most primal elements, would only come when the Six had their wands. Special Wands of the Ancients that were waiting for theses six.

Tri Form Wands that carried True Power in them. And they were the ones who would be able to use them.

They walked up and were soon in the preserve itself not knowing how they'd gotten into it. They walked around, trying to get their bearing when they heard a loud roar.

"Oh, shit," Spike muttered as he shoved Dawn and Tara behind him.

He was braced for the dragon to charge only it didn't. A man stepped between them and the dragon and he brought its head down to him. Tara smiled as she saw the red hair and she knew.

"Dragon Rider?" she asked. He smiled and nodded after getting the dragon settled.

My name is Charlie," he told her. She held his arm tightly and smiled and Spike grinned.

"He'll make you better, Tara," Spike said. "She needs you mate so we're trusting you to take care of her."

"Wouldn't have it any other way. You're Slayer/Key and Warrior, right?"

"Dawn and Spike, actually," Dawn said.

"Ah," Charlie said to them. "Well, Bill and Percy, Curse breaker and Seer, are at my hut. We've been waiting for you."

"Well," Dawn said. "Order and Chaos are waiting for us. Order said we need our wands before we're ready for Primal."

"Not disagreeing," Charlie said as he led them to his hut. Dawn yanked the door open suddenly and Spike chuckled, following her in. She was eager to get to the one she'd claimed. He felt a need to be with Bill too but he was more patient than Nibbles was. He came in and saw Dawn hugging Hers.

He smiled as he saw Bill leaning against the wall and he walked over to him and claimed his mouth in a kiss that was really hot.

"Take it into the bedroom you two," Charlie said laughing.

"Later," Spike said. "We'll get to that later. Just wanted to stake my claim."

And everyone watched as Bill actually blushed as he rested his head on Spike's shoulder for a minute.

"I'm waiting for Later with great anticipation," he told Spike.

Spike grinned and kissed him gently this time and they all took seats around the table. Dawn held Percy's arm as they sat. She wanted to stay in contact with him and he seemed content to let her.

"So," Spike said. "I'm William the Bloody, called Spike. I'm the Warrior for this outfit."

"I-I'm T-T-Tara M-M-McClay, the Healer," Tara stuttered. At least until Charlie held her hand gently and gave it a squeeze.

"I'm Dawn, the Slayer/Key," Dawn said. "My name is Dawn Summers and my sister Buffy was a Vampire Slayer. She died and since I was made from her, I got called as a Slayer. So, the Slayer/Key."

"I'm Charlie Weasley, the Dragon Rider," Charlie said. Of the three of us redheads, I'm the middle one."

"Bill Weasley, Curse Breaker," Bill said. "I'm the eldest not only of the three of us Weasley's here but of all the Weasley kids."

"Percy Weasley," Dawn's mate said. "I'm the Seer. We're trying to work out how to cover my eyes until we need to show someone."

"Oh, right, got that covered," Spike said. "Sire gave me these before I got on the plane. Here ya go."

Spike placed a set of sunglasses on Percy's face and he smiled when he realized what they had to be.

"Thank you, Spike," he said. Dawn grinned too.

Spike chuckled. "We'll owl me Sire later and tell him they work. So, where do we gotta go to find these Wand things? Sooner we have them and the Primal with us, the better."

"I'll Say," bill said. "Our mom is already really pissed off about Charlie and I siding with Percy. He's worried that the "Hero" of the Wizarding World has brain damage and to be honest, so are we. His uncle is one hell of an abusive Git."

"Let me guess," Spike said. "Your mum doesn't' like hearing anything negative about the brat?"

"No, and neither do his supporters. Percy got himself in trouble for trying to point out a major concern."

"Bloody fools," Spike muttered. "Okay, we'll work on finding the wands so we can get to work. Any ideas?"

"Maybe one but I'm afraid to say it considering he has spies everywhere," Charlie said.

"I'll say it then," Spike answered. "The Headmaster right? Well, we can't do anything more tonight so lets get some rest and we'll see what we come up with tomorrow, aye?"

"Good enough," Dawn said. "Night Spike."

And they all went with their chosen ones and laid down. Now that they were together, it was the time for sleep. Tomorrow would be time enough to plan. Tomorrow.

*****************************

At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, headmaster Albus Dumbledore had been up looking over the prophecy of six. He smiled to himself because He had the wands, which meant He was the one who would decide who the six would be. At least, that's what he thought.

He was shocked then when the eight wands in his office suddenly shot off the table he normally kept them on. He stared as they flew out the window, going who knew where and he felt a sense of upset a he realized he'd done something wrong. The wands were…and then Ollivander's words rang in his head:

"The Wand chooses the Wizard."

"NO!" He said angrily. "NO!"



3: Wands and Primal

It was the next afternoon and they were sitting around Charlie's hut thinking what they should do about finding the wands when there was a loud clap of thunder outside. Dawn ran to the door and opened it and they all stared as there, hovering before them, were six wands.

Percy moved first, opening his hand and waiting and a silver colored wand flew to his hand. It matched the opaqueness of his eyes.

Charlie went next. His wand was a deep red and was etched with a dragon.

Bill's was brown with a sphinx engraved into it.

Dawn's was a deep green and had a stake and a key cut into it.

Then there was Spike's, a bluish color wit a railroad spike and a book.

Tara's wand was white with a unicorn etched into the handle and as soon as they touched them, the wands seemed to shift, drawing mass from the ether it seemed and they first turned into staffs and then into weapons. A special weapon for each of them. Bill had daggers, Spike had a sword, Dawn had a pointed bow staff, Percy had a scythe, Charlie had a bow and Tara had a spear. They didn't know what the Primal had but they figured they'd find out soon enough. There was another crash of thunder and a flash of lightening and Tara grinned as Giles and Ethan were just suddenly there. Dawn surged into Giles' arms for a hug before she pulled back and they all returned to the inside of the hut.

"So," Giles said. "I see we have the Seer, The Curse Breaker, The Dragon Rider, the Healer, The Warrior and the Slayer/Key. Are we ready to kick the living crap out of evil?"

"So ready," Spike said as the group sat around the table. "From what we guessed the Headmaster was keeping these things, wanting to dictate who the six were going to be. Not happening."

"The Ancients had decided this long before Albus Dumbledore was even born," Giles said. "Percy and Dawn, Spike and bill, Tara and Charlie, Ethan and myself. There was no way anyone could circumvent this prophecy."

"The Headmaster wants the world to think Harry is the key to everything," Bill said. And Dawn began to laugh.

"Brat boy isn't the Key to anything. I should know, being The Key of All Time. Poor idiot. Oh well, how do we have to go about saving him and his little babies?"

"We'll have to be at the school by Friday," Percy said. "I had a vision last night. The Death Eaters will attack the school and it will all if we aren't there. I'd like to know why you two are called the Primal though."

And Percy was looking at Giles and Ethan who nodded. Even though they knew he could not see, he knew where everyone in the room was.

"We are called Primal because we control the Primal elements of Order and Chaos. Without those two things there is no life. There is simply monotony. So, we were born to channel them. We are Order and Chaos. And we are Strong with them."

"Glad at least two of us are strong," Percy muttered. Giles put his hand on the young man's shoulder.

"And how many people do you know who would give what you did to make sure the light wins this war? You ARE strong, Percy. Stronger than anyone I've ever met. Stronger than Harry Potter, stronger than his friends. You have more courage in your little finger than they have between them. Never doubt that, Percy. Because I know they would Never have had the courage or the selflessness to have given up their physical sight."

"Yes sir," Percy said to Giles and Dawn grinned. She knew if anyone could get through to him it was Giles. And that relieved her a bit.

"So, how are we going to get to Hogwarts?" Dawn asked.

AND Charlie grinned. "We're going to fly Dragon Air," he told them. "We have four dragons that are ready for riders now. It takes two people normally to fly a dragon. One to fly and the other to be on guard. Especially in these times."

"The we're ready," Giles, said. "Lets all head to bed though. I think we need to sleep. How to use the wands will come to us in our sleep."

"Agreed," Spike said. And the others were all still tired as their minds were being filled y the knowledge of how to use the wands. And soon, the hut was silent as they all slept.



END PART 3