TITLE: Call of the Wild

FANDOM: BTVS

AUTHOR: Cath

PAIRING: Xander/Oz

RATING: NC-17

SUMMARY: Oz comes back to town and is attacked.

SPOILERS: none

FEEDBACK: Please!!! I need a FB fix. Think I need an intervention? Nah.

DISCLAIMER: I still want and I still can't have. They belong to Josh and Mutant Enemy. No Money, no infringement, I just wanna play with them for awhile

THANKS: to James for beta-ing and helping me make this story better than it was when it started.

Peja`s BAD MOON ON THE RISE CHALLENGE: One of your characters is mauled by a wolf...natural or supernatural is up to you...insanity follows...and a bad moon is on the rise.

{{hyena thoughts}} [[Xander thoughts]]

 

Call of the Wild
by Cath

Full Moon the First Night:

`I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.'

`Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.'


Xander was patrolling on his own and since there hadn't been much going on, it was no problem. It was the first night of the full moon and the young man's thoughts were about Oz. Xander imagined he was probably locked up somewhere, Oz was always very careful about that. He had been sad when the were-wolf had taken off; he had always likes the quiet musician. But he, better than the others, understood about wanting control of your inner beast. Sometimes it took all his energy to control the hyena that shared his body. At least his didn't take control of his body every full moon. [[Man, this is boring, not even a fledge or two. You idiot, had to think it, didn't you. Couldn't enjoy the doing nothing.]] Xander heard a noise off to the right of him and headed that way to check it out. Hopefully, it wasn't any big deal. He started running when he got close enough to tell the noises were groans.

There was someone lying on the grass, a naked someone who was groaning and whimpering softly. Xander had his stake ready, as he carefully turned the injured man over. The scent exploded across his senses and the hyena howled, he knew this scent. {{Pack-MINE-protect-
pack}} It was Oz, who was mauled and bleeding so badly, Xander could only recognize him by his scent.

Oh God, Oz, man, can you hear me. What in the hell happened to you?" Xander asked pulling off his T-shirt and using it to wipe the blood off of Oz's face. Something had clawed him up, his face had four claw marks down one side and there were multiple furrows down his chest. "Oz, come on buddy. Can you talk to me?"

"Xaaan?"

"Yeah buddy, it's me. What happened?"

"Hurts, Xan. Hurts bad." Oz was panting, trying to stay conscious.

"I'm going to go call an ambulance, get you to a.."

"NO! No doctor, Xan. Can't afford to go, full.."

"I know, full moon. This is going to hurt like a bitch, but I'm going to have to pick you up, okay? We need to get out of here." Xander squatted down, placed his arms under Oz's slight body and lifted, causing the injured man to scream in pain and pass out. [[Well, at least he won't feel anything for awhile. Shit, I've gotta get us outa here before this blood draws every vamp in Sunnydale.]] As he started to cross the cemetery, Xander stayed very alert, listening for any
noises. Hyena was going crazy in his head, wanting out, wanting to guard, wanting to attack something. "Hang on Oz, I'll get you to my place as fast as I can." Xander was thanking every deity he could think of, that he had the sense to keep a large box of first aid supplies.

*

Xander was exhausted by the time he got to his apartment but couldn't stop to rest. Carrying Oz straight to the bathroom, he had no choice but to put him on the floor so he could run a tub of water. Xander adjusted the water so it was warm but not too hot and poured in a generous portion of the antiseptic wash he kept on hand. When the tub was half full, he gently picked Oz up and laid him in to warm water. [[Oh, shit, he's to short. Damn.]] Since the tub was still filling, Xander had enough time to jerk off his shoes and jeans and crawl in the tub behind Oz. Reaching forward, he turned the water off. Being careful how he touched the injured man, Xander leaned back and settled Oz against his chest. He carefully pushed Oz down into the water until it was up to his neck, his head resting against Xander's stomach. The large tub had been one of the selling points for the apartment. As many times as Xander ended up hurt, he liked to be able to stretch out and soak.

Xander was using a bath sponge to carefully wash the blood first from Oz's face, then his body. The small, pale man was beginning to whimper and move a little. As he used the sponge to bathe the man's face, a hand reached up and grabbed his. "Shh easy Oz, I've got you. You're going to be okay. Just lay back and let the water works it's magic. I know it doesn't smell very nice, but it's good for wounds. Trust me."

"I do..trust you, Xan. Hurts, though. Uh, Xan, naked, tub..together?"

"Just be quiet. It was either this or you would have drowned. Now, hush and try to relax." While Xander kept using the sponge, making sure that all the wounds were clean, Oz shifted around a bit and snuggled his head into Xander's abdomen. The hyena softly growled, as close to a purr as her kind could get {{safe-mine-pack}}. The water had finally gotten to cool to be comfortable and even though Xander didn't really want to move the sleeping man, he wanted out of the cold water.

"Come on, we need to get out of here, Oz. Water's too cold." Oz batted at the annoying noise with one hand but didn't connect.

"G' way..sleepy now. Le' me sleep." Xander slipped out from behind Oz and lifted the wet, slippery body from the cold water. It wasn't easy to get both of them dry, so he decided to just get Oz dry and put him to bed. then take care of himself. He laid the sleeping man across the foot of the bed while he put a clean, dry towel on the sheet. Since he knew the wounds would be gone when the were-wolf changed tomorrow night, he decided to just leave the wounds uncovered. After carefully laying OZ on the towel-covered side of the bed and covering him up, Xander went back to bathroom and took a quick shower to wash off the antiseptic bath water. When he finished his shower, Xander threw on some boxers, checked the door lock and joined the sleeping were-wolf. Before he could fall asleep, Oz began to whimper and thrash around. Xander eased the smaller man over closer to him, carefully pulling Oz part way up against his chest and began to lightly stroke his hair.

"Shh, sleep now, I've got you. No one will get through me, your safe, pack is safe. No one hurts mine."


Full Moon the Second Night:

`I hear hurricanes ablowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.'

`Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.
All right!'



Oz hadn't felt this comfortable in a long time. He had been living in his van as he made his way back to Sunnydale. The were-wolf had tried making a home in countless different places and he had found a few different packs, but the feeling of home just wasn't there with them. No matter where he tried living, it just didn't feel right, it wasn't home. Right now he felt like he was home and couldn't really understand why. He could smell another person, hear their heartbeat, a person he knew. He carefully looked up as far as he could without moving his head. Xander..Xander was holding him and it felt like home. He was lying on a strong, muscular chest and had two strong arms wrapped around him. He tried wiggling a little but the arms just tightened. "Xan, come on, gotta get up a minute. Nature calls."

"Don't wanna let you go. Coming back?"

Of course, I'm coming back. I guess I'm sleeping here."

"OZ, hell, sorry. Hang on and I'll help you." Xander jumped out of the bed and started to the other side.

"Xan, big boy here, you know?" Xander blushed, a deep red and shook his head.

Oz was trying to get out of the bed by himself, but with the first groan, Xander was next to him helping him. He managed to stand up, with help, but after two stumbling steps, the larger man just picked him up and carried him to the bathroom.

"I'll be right out here. You need me, yell. When you're ready to get back to bed, call me, because there is no sense making yourself hurt worse, okay?"

"Uh, yeah, okay. Call you. You gonna pick me up again."

"Probably, gotta problem with that?" Oz shocked the hell out of Xander when he grabbed his head and pulled him down for a hard kiss.

"Nope, no problem." And closed the door in his face leaving the red faced Xander staring at the closed door. He was still staring at it when Oz opened the door, but now he had a huge grin on his face.

"Hey Oz, you kissed me."

"Yeah? I did. So?" Xander leaned down and gently set his lips against Oz's, softly kissing then lapping at the warm lips. He nipped the bottom lip then gently sucked it into his mouth, running his tongue over it as he did. He pulled back and just stared into the cool green eyes of the other man, waiting for him to make the next move. "Xan? Thought you were way straight."

"Nah, in the words of our favorite vamp `a little bent'. Figured it out last summer, on my road trip. Worked in a club called the Fabulous Ladies Club in Oxnard."

"Heard of that. Strippers, right?"

"Yeah, male strippers. After awhile I quit trying to justify why I got hard every night watching to show. It got so bad, I had to start jerking off before every performance."

"Whoa, performance? You, stripper?"

"Yep, me. Xander Harris not only had his first gay romance, he stripped for a living."

"Cool. Let's go back to bed, I'm tired." Xander picked up the smaller man and carried him back to the bedroom. This time Ox wrapped his arms around the strong tan neck and nuzzled behind the brunette's ear. Xander turned his head till their lips met. This time the kiss was hotter, he ran his tongue over the line where Oz's lips met until he opened for him. God, he tasted so good, like wild honey, sweet with a tang of some mysterious flower, his Oz, his mate, pack. He grew more desperate has Oz sucked softly on the invading tongue. After laying the wounded man on the bed, Xander pulled off his boxers and stood there for a minute, watching the man on the bed.

"Xan, I..I can't ..do.."

"Not a word, you just lie there and let me do the doing." He came down on his knees at the foot on the bed and started crawling till he reached the redhead's feet. He lifted one foot and kissed the tender arch, then licked the same spot. Before going on to the next one, he nipped the arch then licked it softly. He did the same to the other foot before starting up the legs. He licked, nipped and kissed alternately up both legs, stopping to nuzzle the back of Oz's knees.

"Oh God, Xan, please, please more. Don't stop." Xander couldn't stop now if he tried. He reached the juncture where thigh met hip and buried his nose in the crisp red curls. He breathed in the scent of his mate, imprinting it on his brain so he could always find `the mate'. Nipping at the tender skin, he then laved it with his hot tongue. Upwards he licked, dipping into the navel then breathing deeply again, drawing in another variation of `mates' scent. His hyena sensitive nose could pick up the slight changes in scent as he moved up Oz's body. The heat of arousal was making the scents stronger. The musk was becoming the predominate scent, the scent of want and desire. His mate wanted him and Xander reveled in the feeling. Resting on his arms so that he didn't touch the wounds on Oz's chest, Xander gently kissed the tiny brown nipple. He carefully drew it into his mouth, then sucked. Trying to arch up, Oz growled and mumbled incoherently. "Please, Xan..gotta...need to move..too much, gonna.."

"Told you to be still, mine. I'll take care of you." Xander worked his way back down to the red curls. This time he was aiming for the piece of flesh jutting up from the nest of red hair. He wrapped his hand around the base and licked straight up, just like it was a sweet treat, savoring the taste and feel of the mate. He sucked gently on the head, delighting in the delicious, salty taste of mate's precum. Breathing deeply, Xander lowered his mouth down on the hard cock, not stopping till his nose rested in the curls. Holding Oz's hips down, he began to work his mouth up and down the hard cock, taking him a little deeper with every downward move. He didn't stop till he felt the broad head hit the back of his throat, then swallowed. Oz screamed out Xander's name as he came, Xander swallowing every drop as the hot cum erupted down his throat. This was like nothing Oz had felt before, it was an intense feeling between pleasure and pain; he had never come so hard with anyone else. Now he knew what had been missing. He knew why the pleasure he enjoyed in the past had never been enough, this was pack, this was belonging. He felt something wet on his leg and realized that Xander had gotten off just from the pleasure of taking care of him. A very warm, wet tongue was moving up and down his leg, cleaning him.

"Mmmm, like the taste..me on you." Oz was stroking his fingers through the sweat damp dark hair, relishing the feel of his mate and there was no thinking about it, no debating, this was `mate', this was home.

"Xan? Why don't you come up here where I can reach you?" Xander moved off to the side and worked his way up until he lay stretched out next to Oz. He sniffed at his mate's neck, scent marking, then carefully drew Oz over until he rested on his chest echoing the position they had slept in. "Sleepy again."

Xander gently kissed the drowsy man, "You sleep, I'm gonna clean up and cook some breakfast. I'll wake you up when it's ready."

Breakfast was just about done when Oz walked slowly out of the bedroom. He walked over to the kitchen and leaned against Xan's back.

"Morning. Smells good." Rubbing his face against Xan's back, he placed a soft kiss between his shoulder blades.

"Feels like someone woke up cuddly." Xander turned around and pulled the smaller man into a tight hug. "Mmm, you feel good, you smell better..mine."

"Xan, why'd you claim me? Your not wolf, why?"

"Let's sit down and eat while we talk, it'll take a while to explain. Can you get the milk? There's some kind of juice in there too." Xander carried the omelets to the table while Oz put the glasses and drinks down on it.

As he sat down at the table, Xander started to explain, "You didn't live here yet. It was freshman year and we went on this little field trip to the zoo. This keeper dude that was in charge of the hyenas had found this ritual to absorb their strength and spirits. We just happened to be there at the wrong time and ZAP, we're hyena people. We didn't change like you do, but we were still feral. We ate a pig and while I was locked up, the pack ate the principal, Mr. Flutie. Giles figured it all out about then and he did this thing that put the hyena spirits back in their bodies but the problem is, mine didn't go. She was the alpha and fought going back. I..well..I kept it a secret. Giles knows. He guessed, but Buffy and Willow have no idea. MojaFisi has been in me since then and sometimes I let her out when I patrol. She likes the hunt.

"MojaFisi?"

"Yeah, that's what she calls herself. I did some research and found out its Swahili for first hyena, the alpha. It's never.." Before he could finish the sentence, they heard someone knocking at the door and both men began sniffing the air. {{Enemy-wolf-not pack}} Xander headed to the closet and pulled out a crossbow and a battle-axe, Giles had finally started trusting him enough to let him bring his favorites home. "Oz, take the cross bow and get behind the sofa, stay there. You're too hurt to be fighting."

Xander unlocked the door and stood back away from it. "It's open, come in slowly, with your hands showing. Three men came into the room and stood by the door. There was something feral about them, their wolves were very close to the surface. They would have been perfectly ordinary men if not for the aura of violence clinging to them. They were a very grungy, needing a shave and their clothes could have really used some time in a washing machine. An air of neglect clung to them.

"I came for the wolf, he's mine. I defeated him last night, he comes with me."

"No, I don't think so. He's my mate, mine. You are not my pack, you do not belong here." Xander's eyes were glowing green. "You hurt mine, you should die. But I will let you live, just leave."

"NO, not without what is mine. He will be obedient to me and follow." Xander laughed, a high pitched sound that made the men nervous. The laugh turned into a growl and the men responded in kind. "We fight. Park. Tomorrow. Midnight. Bring your seconds and my wolf."

"I'll be there, but be warned, I will be armed. No guns, knives only, but I will not be weaponless. My beast is within and she cannot manifest outside my body."

"Agreed." The three men turned as one and left the apartment.

Oz fell to his knees as the tension left his body. "Xan, you can't do this. You could get killed. What if you get clawed? You'll get infected man, I can't let you do this."

"I can't get infected. It's something about the hyena; she protects me. Giles has never been able to figure out why. It'll be all right. You never seen Moja fight and I have a little secret that'll unsettle them. Let's get you back to bed. At least when you change tonight, you'll be healed. What say we hide out here all day, just you and me? That sound good to you, love?" Xander led Oz back to the bedroom making sure he was settled and tucked in before he stretched out next to him and picked up the phone. He had plans to make.

"Hey Wills, yeah I know I was supposed to be at the store by now, but something came up. I need to talk to G-man, is he there?" Oz raised an eyebrow at the other man's choice of words and ran his hand down Xander's stomach. He kept going until he reached the rapidly hardening cock and gave it a little squeeze. Putting his hand over the phone, Xander looked at the grinning redhead and said, "Your asking for trouble, you know. No, not you, G-man. Yeah, about a million times, but you know you love it. Giles, I got a problem. There's a new pack in town and I've gotten into a mess with them. Their alpha wants my mate, so we fight tomorrow night. NO! I don't want the girls to know." The large man entwined his fingers with Oz's and brought them to his lips kissing the knuckles and then nibbling on them. "Giles, I don't want Buffy to know because she'll tell Willow. Giles, I'm with Oz. Yeah, we're together. Anyway, the reason for the call, I need a second. Are you up for it? Great. Listen, is fangless there? Good, would you put him on? Spike, how would you like in on a little mayhem tomorrow? Nope, were-wolf. I gotta duel with their alpha and need a couple of seconds. You and Giles, because if he has to fight, he'll probably let Ripper out to play. Yeah, I know I'm right smart. Tell Giles, tomorrow night, the park at midnight and I told them no distance weapons, just knives. Okay, tomorrow." Xander hung up the phone and turned to the man whose hand he was holding. "That wasn't very nice, making me all hard while I'm on the phone."

"I think I'm up to dealing with it." Laughing, Ox dove under the covers and zeroed in on the other man's erection and dealt with it very well.

The two stayed in the apartment for the rest of the day and night. The full moon brought out the wolf but because he considered Xander his mate, he was content to stay with him. Of course it helped that Xander kept him busy all night trying to suck his brains out through his dick, when he wasn't fucking him till he couldn't walk straight. To Xander it made no difference, Oz was pack and his mate and he wanted him in either form. He was still Oz even when a wolf and it allowed Xander the opportunity to let loose the hyena for awhile.


Full Moon the Third Night

`Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.'

`Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise
.


It was 11:30 P.M. when Xander and Oz met the other two men in the park. While Spike looked like he always did when he was ready to fight, black jeans, red shirt and his ever-present leather duster, Giles was a surprise wearing tight Levi's, white T-shirt, leather jacket and boots. Yeah, Ripper might get to play tonight. Xander stood ready to fight, leather pants, bare chested and barefooted. He had a silver dagger in each hand, turned inward toward his wrists, so he could slash and rip with them. Oz was fully wolf and stood right by Xander's side. The others hadn't arrived yet.

"Spike, if something happens, protect Oz. This wolf is an alpha and already defeated him once. I don't like the way he acts toward him." Oz was whining softly and rubbing against Xander's arm. Xander leaned down and looked the wolf in the eyes. "You will obey me. If I fall, you are to go with Spike. He can protect you. Do you understand?" Oz nipped at Xander's neck then licked the bite. "I love you too, but I want you safe." Oz began to growl and Xander and Spike started to look for the threat.

The other pack was coming toward them through the trees. There were eight of them, five males and three females. It was easy to pick out the alpha; he was the largest of the wolves. His coat was a dusty black; it looked dirty and ratty, the entire pack looked unkempt. Three of the males came forward and the other two stayed with the females. As Xander, Spike and Giles stepped forward, the alpha tried to make a move toward Oz and found Xander in his way. "MY MATE!" The wolf began to growl but Xander would not back down. The seconds moved back away from the circling pair, but kept a watchful eye on them.

The wolf leaped towards Xander only to land in the grass, the man wasn't standing there anymore. Xander had released the hyena, who was glorying in the fight. The wolf was about brute strength, the hyena, strategy, watch for your openings, watch your opponent move, and look for weaknesses. The wolf lost his connection with the human during change but the hyena had access to all of Xander's and the soldier's memories of other fights to help her. She would protect the mate. The wolf made another run at her and came away with a bloody slash to the arm. He howled and ran in low and hit Xander in the knees taking him down to the ground. The air was filled with the sound of grunts and teeth snapping. Xander pushed away from the wolf but he now had a long gash across his chest. Oz was fighting Spike trying to get to him, but the vampire stopped him before he could get near the fighting pair.

Every time Spike moved the other pack became nervous, they didn't like having a master vampire watching them. They knew that, one on one; none of them could defeat him, he was the alpha predator among them. This was just what Xander had hoped for, it kept them agitated, kept them from concentrating. The wolf got in another lucky blow; this one staggered the dark haired man, but the hyena howled and charged the wolf. He caught the wolf in the stomach with one of the daggers. He felt it enter the flesh, ripping intestines as Xander brought the silver knife up until he hit the rib cage. The wolf's eyes began to glaze over as he fell to his knees, dying. As the big, black wolf fell the two that were acting as his seconds attacked, but before they could reach the dark haired man, his seconds were there. Giles wasted no time killing his attacker; a knife in the heart generally ends a fight quickly. Spike was playing with his opponent, not having to worry about getting clawed or bitten, a vampire couldn't get infected. Whenever the were tried to get away, Spike was there, in front of him. The fight was bloody and Spike was enjoying every minute of it. He didn't get to fight like this very often and was relishing the brutality of it. This was what his demon craved, the brutality, and the blood. Humans could never understand, this was as needed by a vampire as breathing was to a human. The demon inside screamed for this release.

"Bloody hell, Spike, just kill him. You don't have to dance with him." Giles yelled at the vamp. Spike looked over at Giles and grinned evilly.

"Quit trying to ruin my good time. Ain't had a good dust up in at least a week." But he knew it was time to end it. He grabbed the were-wolf, bent his neck back and drained him. The taste of a were always surprised him. He loved how emotion changed the taste of a human's blood but a were-wolf's changed completely, it didn't taste like a human anymore. He dropped the body and went over to where Xander was standing. Oz was carefully licking across the chest wound, taking care of his alpha. "What you gonna do with this lot? There yours now, you know."

"He's right, Xander. You will have to decide how to handle them. Sunnydale has no need of a group of uncontrolled were-wolves."

"Not gonna make any decisions tonight, G-man, I want to wait till Oz is himself because if I take them on, it will affect his life too. Look at them, they don't look like they've been eating regularly and they sure haven't been taking a bath, their alpha evidently wasn't doing a very good job of taking care of the pack, but I just can't think right now, too tired." Xander called the remaining wolves over to him. One of the males growled at Giles and Xander backhanded him. "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY HUMANS!! Do you understand? I am alpha, you obey ME! Go back to wherever you are staying. DO NOT HUNT! Not without my permission. Find me tomorrow." A very upset were-wolf dropped to his knees whimpering. He had already upset the alpha; this meant pain and rape with the old one. He lightly butted Xander's hand and licked it. "No, no punishment, we don't know enough about each other yet. Now go."

"You handled that very well, Xander. You should really think about leading this pack, you may find it is what you have been looking for." Giles knew the boy had been somewhat lost since the girls were both in college with little free time anymore. "Well, I'm for home. If you need help tomorrow, just call. Spike?"

"Think I'll patrol a bit, fight`s got me stirred up. Maybe I can find a demon or two to take on. You did good, whelp." As the vampire took off across the park, the two men just stared after him. Spike had complimented Xander.

Xander looked shocked, "Uh, G-man, now that was kinda scary. We're not due another apocalypse, are we? Maybe a prophecy you forgot to tell us about?"

"Go home, Xander." Giles snickered as he started off towards his car. It had been a long night and he needed a bath, bed and a stiff drink, not necessarily in that order.

As Xander and Oz started walking, the full moon shown brightly through the tree branches, lighting their way. Xander was tired but he was also still riding the adrenaline high from the fight. As they walked past a dark, secluded section of the park, Xander did what he had been waiting all night to do. He grabbed Oz by neck and dragged him into the dark place.

"Can't wait, want you now." He panted as he rubbed his hands through the long silky fur of his mate. Rubbing his nose in the fur at Oz's neck, he drew in the scent of his mate. He loved the feel of the silky fur covering hard muscles. It was still Oz, just more, different. He could let the hyena loose with this Oz. The were was making small yipping noises, then moaned when Xander grabbed his cock and squeezed. The animal was taking over and Xander took what he wanted. He pushed Oz down to his hands and knees, kneeling behind him; he quickly unfastened his pants to release his throbbing erection. He leaned over Oz, stroking along his back, then down his ass wanting to be gentle but the hyena had too much control tonight. He placed the head of his cock at his mate's entrance and plunged in with one long, hard stroke. As the were-wolf threw back his head and howled, Xander pulled out till just the head of his cock was still in the hot, grasping channel, then plunged back in. He couldn't go slow, he was to close and Oz felt too hot, too good. The animals within wanted a quick violent fuck, not romance, just fucking. Xander pistoned his cock faster and harder into his mate's hot, slick sheath. He reached around and grabbed Oz's jutting erection, squeezing and working it with the same punishing speed he was using to fuck him. This was what the animals demanded hot, hard, a mating. Two more pulls on the hard cock in his hand and Oz roared in completion shooting cum over his mates hand and on to the ground in front of him. The pressure of the squeezing muscles was more than Xander could stand and he came with a scream, his eyes glowing bright green. "MINE!" He collapsed on top of the wolf taking both of them to the ground and curled around his mate, too tired and too satisfied to move. Xander was happy and for the first time in a long while, content. He would deal with the rest tomorrow, tonight was for him and his mate.

END