Title: Bone Deep

Author: Kate R.

Rating: PG-13 to R I suppose Slash

Pairings: Giles/Ethan mostly and Possibly Scott/Logan

Summary: Giles' healing and strength explained

Notes: Due to the many and varied stories of where Logan got the Adamanatium and when and the fact that Giles' years do not add up right, I'm playing a bit. Logan got the Adamantium before WWII at the same time as Captain America was created. He was the Canadian Answer. As said in on or two versions. That's the one I'm going with here.

Disclaimer: The X-Men belong to marvel and the Buffy-ites belong to Joss

 

Bone Deep
by Kate R.


Prologue: Found

"What the hell?" Professor X said as Cerebro printed out it's latest finding. A mutant in Sunnydale California that hadn't been there that morning. Something had just caused manifestation in a previously un-manifested mutant. The machine reading had it being a near copy of Wolverine.

"Logan," he called as the man in question passed his study. "We just got a hit on a mutant. Could you look at these readings and tell if it says what I think it does?"

Wolverine took the file from him and glanced it. Professor X watched as Logan simply set it down and walked over to the machine and kicked it.

"You couldn't have found him sooner? Piece of junk!" Wolverine growled.

"Logan, what is it?" Professor X asked.

"I know who this is, Chuck," Logan said. "I know who it is and I know what is causing the manifestation and I wish to hell this piece of shit had been able to tell where he was before this happened."

"Who is it, Logan? What's happened?"

"His name is Ripper Giles. Might have been changed to something more---upper class but I named him Ripper and his mother's last name was Giles. He's my son. And what happened is his latent mutancy and the dormant Adamantium are activating because he's suffered a severe enough injury that he needs the healing factor activated to live. Excuse me; I have to get packed for a trip. I wanna borrow Kitty and Rogue. Gonna need a few students in the High school. He has to be in the High school. If he's in this country he's watching a Slayer. Excuse me, gotta go."

"That's fine Logan. Do you want anyone else?"

"Not sure. Can you tell them to get packed and maybe fly us out there in the jet? This is important and I ain't got the time to worry about regular plane travel."

"Of course, Logan. They are getting ready now. Logan, what do you suppose caused this now? You talk as if he isn't that young."

"I'd say he got hurt fighting something. I'll know more when I get there. Now, excuse me, Chuck, gotta get ready."

Logan left his study and professor Xavier watched as he went to pack. Wolverine had a son. How---interesting

 

Chapter 1: School

"What the hell kind of town is this Logan?" Rogue asked as they went in to the school to get her and Kitty registered. "Don't they see what's going on?"

"Nah, they deny what they can't rationalize. Sure you don't mind this?"

"It's fine, Logan," Rogue said as they got registered.

Their advisor was one Mr. Rupert Giles, Librarian. Logan walked them down and got a strong whiff of the man's scent. Ripper. He should have known those bastards would have changed his boy's name to something stuffy.

"Go, have a good day, kids," he said as he sent them into the library and made his way outside. He did not want to go into that library because he heard what was said and if he went in he'd hit the little bastard that said. His son was far more human that any of those little monsters.

"Mr. Giles?" Kitty and Rogue said as they made their way into the library as three teens walked past shooting looks of disgust at the man standing by the checkout desk. The man looked so forlorn.

"Can I help you?" he asked as he sighed.

"Yep," Kitty said. "You're our advisor. Principal Snyder said so. I'm Kitty, this is Rogue. Her name is Marie but we all call her Rogue. Are you okay?"

"Hmm? Yes, I'm fine," he said as he took their schedules and got the books they would need down.

"Thanks," Kitty said as she took her books. She 'Accidentally' dropped something and reached down phasing her hand through the desk to get it. She looked up at Gils and winked. He stared at her and felt a slight smile touch his lips.

"We're different too," Rogue said. "Them kids can go blow about how they treat you. We're mutants too. So, you're Mr. Giles. Cool."

"Kitty, Rogue," a gravelly voice called.

Giles' head snapped around to it and he stared. He knew that voice. He'd known that voice his entire life. He stared at the face of the man he associated with the word Daddy in his mind.

"Hello, Ripper," the man said to him.

Giles was moving before he was even aware of it. The man pulled him into a tight hug.

"It's good to see you too, son," Logan said. "It's good to see you too."

"GILES!" A high sharp voice called.

Giles released his father and turned as Cordelia skidded into the library.

"You gotta come," she said. "You have to. Demons that look like rock and they have swords and the others are pinned."

Giles was moving with Logan and the others following him as Cordelia led them to the football field where he saw the demons surrounding his kids. He felt an itch in his hands as claws shot out of the back of his hands and he ran at the demons slashing with the metal claws. He saw one going for Xander and launched himself in between it and the boy. Its sword broke against his skin and he swung his claws, removing its head. He saw Logan doing the same thing except he caught the shocked look at the blade not piercing his skin.

Apparently that was new with this metal. Perhaps because he himself was born with it instead of it being added later it worked with him.

"Ow," he muttered when they finished and the claws retracted.

The wounds healed in seconds and he looked at the same children who, moments ago had called him a freakish monster and run away form him.

"I'm sorry, G-Man," the boy said as he lunged into Giles' arms. "I'm sorry. I didn't get it."

"Apology accepted but not forgiven, not yet. I'm not the only one you've hurt with this prejudice of yours. Dad, why are you here?"

"Damn machine finally registered you. What happened?"

"Drucilla," Giles said as he led the group back to the library.

Logan had registered the girls at the end of the day so there were fewer crowds in the office.
"Pull up a seat and we'll explain."

 

END PART 1

abelard950@aol.com